The Twinkies and Lime Jello Complaint Thread -- Now With More Squirrels!

Comments

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Rareth said:
    another complaint.. DS needs Particle effects.. there is only so much you can do with props and shaders (you can do alot, but particles would be better) ..

Yes, yes they would. I want them too. I think a Plugin is in the works but not Close yet.

There was a pretty cool Particle FX for old DS3.x, I think it never made it to 4.x.. not sure.

Probably easier to post it in, and faster, if you don't need interaction with other 3D objects.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

does AMD A6 mean it has 6 cores?

bestbuy has some deals on laptops. i need a laptop with enough screen so i can do wings on my breakfast tray.

so tired a lot lately, i don't wanna sit up at a desk.

• RarethRareth Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Rareth said:
    another complaint.. DS needs Particle effects.. there is only so much you can do with props and shaders (you can do alot, but particles would be better) ..

Yes, yes they would. I want them too. I think a Plugin is in the works but not Close yet.

There was a pretty cool Particle FX for old DS3.x, I think it never made it to 4.x.. not sure.

Probably easier to post it in, and faster, if you don't need interaction with other 3D objects.

I'm going through shader mixer and shader builder tutorials, might be able to get by without a particle generator for alot of things.

edited December 1969

bestbuy has some deals on laptops. i need a laptop with enough screen so i can do wings on my breakfast tray.

Most A6 series seem to be quads, I'd need the model number to know. Performance on an A6 APU is typically less than an Intel i3, but the graphics are better than the onboard Intel HD 3000/4000 graphics.

edited December 2012

Most A6 series seem to be quads, I'd need the model number to know. Performance on an A6 APU is typically less than an Intel i3, but the graphics are better than the onboard Intel HD 3000/4000 graphics.

i been contemplating this one:
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Pavilion+17.3"+Refurbished+Laptop+-+4GB+Memory+-+640GB+Hard+Drive+-+Sparkling+Black/6958763.p?id=1218816650725&skuId=6958763

AMD A6-4400M Accelerated Processor with AMD Radeon HD 7520G discrete-class graphics

it's a refurb and the warranty is only 90 days. i think it's 64-bit. it has 64-bit Win7.
    the 90 days thing don't sound so good. i can swap parts in a desktop, in a laptop, not so much.

ooo, this one says AMD 8 and it's quad core.
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Pavilion+17.3"+Laptop+-+4GB+Memory+-+500GB+Hard+Drive+-+Sparkling+Black/7015368.p?id=1218821793451&skuId=7015368

it comes with Windows 8 ... dunno if i'm ready for the hassle. i'm using an old Wings. v 99.5. might be issues with Win8.

Post edited by Mistara on
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Rareth said:

Carrara test-1 cube with explode modifier imported into DS

particle_test.jpg
    1024 x 576 - 584K
  • Knight22179Knight22179 Posts: 1,195
    edited December 1969

*Looks around warily...stops, watches for danger...begins chewing on a nut*

baby_squirrel_eating_by_cassidylovesart-d4ydzwl.jpg
    500 x 333 - 119K
    edited December 1969

Rareth said:
    Jaderail said:
    Rareth said:

Carrara test-1 cube with explode modifier imported into DS

Cool! I might have to reinstall C8.1 for particle fun! Cheaper than ParticleIllusion...

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    ps1borg said:
    I have to have an brain MRI tomorrow morning. Don't think is anything to worry about but woweee, wasn't expecting it. That is my complaint.

Hoping your experience is like mine was. After the MRI of my skull they said they didn't find anything.
    Be well.

That explains it, tjohn. No brain.

edited December 1969

*Looks around warily...stops, watches for danger...begins chewing on a nut*

awwwww :)

edited December 1969

i can't believe it. it's not Friday. It isn't Friday. It is not Friday. ohmygodit'snotFriday. oy es non viernes

edited December 1969

I wish it were Friday - going to be a short day, quiet here at the office, lots of time to study and read.

Can't TentaSquirrel at work, though. >:(

Saw a nice refurb lappy on NewEgg, not a rendering machine but would work out for a new writing machine, then I could give away my old Dell system. Maybe next year! :-S

Lunch soon.. clam chowder. Nice and mild.

edited December 1969

W T major F?

my manpower/experis rep just sent me this document to sign. I don't think so

EXHIBIT A
    CONTRACTOR PERSONAL DATA CONSENT FORM (AC-9166)

I, __________________, hereby give my consent to *** Incorporated and its subsidiaries (collectively referred to as “***”) to collect personal data about me and to maintain, use, disclose and transfer this data as part of my activities as an Independent Contractor for ***. I understand that this information will be collected and maintained in connection with my work as an Independent Contractor with ***, and that *** may use and disclose this information in support of its business activities as *** deems appropriate.

I understand that this data may be used and disclosed in connection with ***'s legal responsibilities under various export control laws, for other legal requirements and for other business purposes as deemed appropriate by ***. I also understand that this data may be transferred to a country or territory whose laws may not provide the same levels of protection as do the laws of the country where I reside. I understand that this information may be maintained by *** for as long as *** deems it appropriate in connection with its business activities. I further understand that if I have questions about this collection of my personal data that I may contact *** to address these questions.

I consent to the collection, maintenance, use and disclosure of my personal data as described in this consent form.

Contractor Signature: _____________________________________

Contractor Name Printed: __________________________________

Agency Name Printed: _____________________________________

Date: _______________________________________________

• M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited December 2012

i can't believe it. it's not Friday. It isn't Friday. It is not Friday. ohmygodit'snotFriday. oy es non viernes

It's Friday! \(^_^)/... the 21st! >_>... <_<... last day of work for the year! \(^_^)/...</p>

ETA: o.O @ that 'consent form' Misty... some majorly loaded phrasing in there - the sort of thing you (could? should?) take to a lawyer... next up will be a caveat that "those who have not signed the consent form, will cease employment as of 1/Jan/2013... Merry Christmas all...". I wonder when viruses will start coming with EULAs...

Post edited by M F M on
  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010
    edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:
    tjohn said:
    ps1borg said:
    I have to have an brain MRI tomorrow morning. Don't think is anything to worry about but woweee, wasn't expecting it. That is my complaint.

Hoping your experience is like mine was. After the MRI of my skull they said they didn't find anything.
    Be well.

That explains it, tjohn. No brain.
    Yep. Also explains why I have no fear of zombies. ;-)

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Rareth said:
    Jaderail said:
    Rareth said:

I'm going through shader mixer and shader builder tutorials, might be able to get by without a particle generator for alot of things.Did somebody say Postwork?

Wraith-03_copy.jpg
    800 x 615 - 378K
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Did somebody say Postwork?

who needs postwork..

whoneedspostwork.jpg
    1024 x 576 - 431K
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 2012

Rareth said:
    Jaderail said:

who needs postwork..Well, most do. Maybe not you. Nice Effect.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited December 1969

Interesting to see what people do with the same pose (in terms of character, outfit, backdrop, lighting, etc)... carry on! (^_^)d

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Rareth said:
    Jaderail said:

who needs postwork..

Well, most do. Maybe not you. Nice Effect.

fantasy and sci-fi effects.. was.. 14.95 in the store I think..

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,703
    edited December 1969

I am tired. so tired.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,383
    edited December 1969

Then go to bed

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010
    edited December 1969

Complaint: 3rd day of headache, 2nd day of sore throat. :sick:

tsvukmh.jpg
    298 x 197 - 8K
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    Then go to bed

but I ain't home till another hour or more
  • SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

*reads through the thread*

OMG! Squirrel poem! :lol: Y'guys wrote a squirrel poem with the obvious person stuck to it! OMG! :lol:

And good to hear that you got tests done, Ledhead! Fingers crossed, man!

edited December 1969

M F M said:

It's Friday! \(^_^)/... the 21st! >_>... <_<... last day of work for the year! \(^_^)/...</p>

ETA: o.O @ that 'consent form' Misty... some majorly loaded phrasing in there - the sort of thing you (could? should?) take to a lawyer... next up will be a caveat that "those who have not signed the consent form, will cease employment as of 1/Jan/2013... Merry Christmas all...". I wonder when viruses will start coming with EULAs...

Friday! good to know the world didn't end by yoo. :)

i asked for clarification of the form. I'm here 10 years (as a temp) and it's rather sudden.

have you seen the mylife.com site? now that's scary.
    without even signing in, it told me my friend's town, her mother's name.
    that ole standby question, mother's maiden name?, not so safe.

just for fun, google your names and see if it gives a link to mylife.com

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Rareth said:
    Jaderail said:

who needs postwork..

Well, most do. Maybe not you. Nice Effect.

the lighting effects, maybe drop glow light on to the surroundings?

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    *reads through the thread*

OMG! Squirrel poem! :lol: Y'guys wrote a squirrel poem with the obvious person stuck to it! OMG! :lol:

And good to hear that you got tests done, Ledhead! Fingers crossed, man!

HiYa!

playing with the ponies?

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Yeaaaaah, um, uh, kinda. Um, definitely. Yes. Erm. Ponies. *scuffles her feet* I REALLY need a booster shot of energy to deal with my friend's desktop in a hurry. :(

edited December 1969

where is my ride? I want my ride here now!

This discussion has been closed.