Daz Studio 4.9.3 Pro, General Release!

Comments

• jdfox said:
    AndyS said:

DAZ 4.9.3 Pro General Release not available for update via DIM?

It is. Please make sure that the following Download Filters are checked in DIM:

Software
    Windows 32\64 or Mac 32\64 depending on your OS

Also check Connect Installed as it works for some.

When I downloaded it - it was still 4.9.2.70!!

Are downloading from here: https://www.daz3d.com/get_studio ? Because that will get you 4.9.2.70. This is DAZ, don't forget.

Try from your product library (filter for Studio). Under "My Account" via clicking on the blue icon at the top right of this page.

• "If you have a previous version of DAZ Studio 4, then we STRONGLY recommend that you uninstall that version prior to installing the latest version of DAZ Studio 4."

This is from 2012, but apparently still active advice?

If my memory is serving me correctly, that was before DIM. DIM automatically uninstalls before installing.

• "If you have a previous version of DAZ Studio 4, then we STRONGLY recommend that you uninstall that version prior to installing the latest version of DAZ Studio 4."

This is from 2012, but apparently still active advice?

If my memory is serving me correctly, that was before DIM. DIM automatically uninstalls before installing.

Thanks, but it remains foggy outside the house of DIM.

I'm giving up on this. In trying (and failing) to find out how to manually move from 4.9.2.70 to 4.9.3.166, I've read enough to see that this general release is still really a beta. Perhaps DAZ thinks so too, as the front page links to the previous version.

I did get to manually update my video drivers, though, which was useful. Nvidia made it ever so easy. Here is the file you need. Here are the instructions on what do with it.

But not here. No, this is DAZ.

• Unfortunate that the Leila eyebrows bug made it into the release version.

Screen Shot 2017-01-06 at 11.10.50 AM.png
    282 x 258 - 25K
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

The link from the "Get Studio" page takes me to my product library (which is where it should if you already have it).  And the download link there is to 4.9.3.166...

The links went live more than 24 hrs ago and should have propegated everywhere by now.  If you aren't getting that, then there is something wrong on your end, like a local/ISP cache that is way out of sync or something...

• jdfoxjdfox Posts: 38
    jdfox said:
    AndyS said:

DAZ 4.9.3 Pro General Release not available for update via DIM?

It is. Please make sure that the following Download Filters are checked in DIM:

Software
    Windows 32\64 or Mac 32\64 depending on your OS

Also check Connect Installed as it works for some.

When I downloaded it - it was still 4.9.2.70!!

Are downloading from here: https://www.daz3d.com/get_studio ? Because that will get you 4.9.2.70. This is DAZ, don't forget.

Try from your product library (filter for Studio). Under "My Account" via clicking on the blue icon at the top right of this page.

No. I downloaded the new version from My Library but couldn't get it to install. So I tried to use DIM to download it.

• kervalakervala Posts: 184
    mtl1 said:
    kervala said:
    On my PC, Transfer Utility doesn't work as expected with 4.9.3.166 :(

I'm creating an outfit with Marvelous Designer and exporting it to OBJ, but the fitted figure doesn't keep current morphs of character.

Steps to reproduce the issue :

- Export Genesis 3 body with morphs (for example Height to 105% to have a character measuring 165cm) to OBJ
    - Import OBJ in Marvelous Designer
    - Create outfit and simulate
    - Export outfit to OBJ
    - Import OBJ with DAZ Studio
    - Launch Transfer Utility
    - Scene Item : Genesis 3
    - Item Shape : Current
    - Scene Item : Outfit
    - Check Closest Vertex First (a change with DS 4.9.3)
    - Check Reverse Source Shape From Target
    - Click Accept

The outfit is not fitted and hasn't the right height, I tried exactly the same procedure on another PC with DS 4.9.2 and it works expected.

Please does someone have the same issue ?

Does it exist a fix ?

For the moment, I don't have other choice than copying all DS files from my other computer :s Someone knows how to download DS version 4.9.2 ?

@kervala, is Genesis 3 set to Default or Current in the transfer utility? You did mention that you exported at 105%...

edit: My mistake, you did mention it... hmmmmm.

Indeed, it was set to Current :)

I removed DS 4.9.3 from my PC, reinstalled everything, downloaded DS 4.9.2 and reinstalled it. It works like expected :(

I noticed another bug in DS 4.9.2, but not sure if it's still present in 4.9.3. When we import an OBJ and save the scene, when reloading the scene, the imported object is not at the right place, I have no idea what is causing that :(

I have a test case :

- download http://kervala.net/download/scene_genesis3_bug.duf and http://kervala.net/download/corset_genesis3_bug.zip
    - uncompress corset_genesis3_bug.zip
    - open scene_genesis3_bug.duf in DS
    - import corset_genesis3.obj
    - select "corset_genesis3" in Scene panel
    - right click on "Scene" tab -> "Assets" -> "Transfer Utility"
    - Scene Item : Genesis 3 Female
    - Item Shape : Current
    - Scene Item : corset_genesis3
    - click on "Show Options >>"
    - check "Closest Vertex First" (or not, it doesn't change anything)
    - check "Reverse Source Shape From Target "
    - click on "Accept"

The corset should be at the right place in all previous versions of DS, but at the wrong position in DS 4.9.3.
  • jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

@Kervala, try resetting the scaling to 100%, it is possible the "Reverse Source Shape From Target" is not recognizing scale as a shape change.

• kervalakervala Posts: 184
    edited January 2017
    jestmart said:

@Kervala, try resetting the scaling to 100%, it is possible the "Reverse Source Shape From Target" is not recognizing scale as a shape change.

Yes, it should be possible, but I modeled the outfit based on a character with several morphs in Marvelous Designer and DS always worked like that (Height slider is only an example of test case to reproduce the issue, my character has a lot of morphs applied). I don't want to model all objects on a basic Genesis 3 character :(

Edit : For example : for a glove, I need to spread fingers else I won't me able to put cloth around them :( So I need to apply a pose before exporting the body and I need to use "Reverse Source Shape From Target".

And I'm not sure Height is the only morph not applied, I think all morphs are simply ignored :(
    Post edited by kervala on
  • jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

Sorry Kervala, the suggestion was a troubleshooting check, just because it worked that way in past doesn't mean it didn't get broken this time.

• Arnold C said:

With cms off you're not having any load issues in your content library? Cms on is doing fine for me, a touch slow but improved. What should I look for in order to locate my PostgreSQL CMS database?

No issues with CMS off. It's a bit slower for having to scan the directories everytime anew, though. I did put my PostgreSQL CMS database on my D: drive, just beside my Content Library.

I did this a long time ago because of Windows' sometimes overprotective behaviour when something or someone wants to access and/or alter files on the system drive. An additional plus is that you wont have to set up everything anew if you have to set up your Windows OS again when broken. All I'd have to do in that case is install DAZ Studio again after setting up a fresh Win7, the Content Library and CMS database still exist in their last states and will work like nothing did happen. It saves you hours of reinstalling and reoganizing your Content Library.

Still having the same issue after moving cms next to my content library. Cms on however seems faster than before. It had been on my C drive, its now on my SSD.

Oh well, wrote a ticket. Thanks for the help.

• GranvilleGranville Posts: 679

I can confirm that Infinity Cove from render studio is wonky.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    RAMWolff said:
    scorpio said:
    RAMWolff said:

So Dr.  Did you look into the issue I mentioned in the Beta thread about conformed items not staying put when moving the figure it's conformed too or restyling of the conformer (such as hair) jumping to it's default position as I'm fiddling with the look of the hair and then back again to the figure when the dial is released?

Ram I had this problem with the tail but only in the beta but they are fine in this version - I'm pretty sure its a setting somewhere but for the life of me can't remember what. The tails don't do that weird thing in this version and I feel its because it updates your main version and remembers your settings - where as the beta doesn't.

OK.  thank you SO much for replying.  I'll go ahead and install then.  I have the previous version backed up anyways so at least I can go back if I need to!  It's a real buggar to locate all those install files in my huge download library, I must say, took me over 1/2 hour to get DS, the plugins and default resources zips and .dsx files.  YIKES. 

Final feedback.  YUP.... all is well with the Tenacity Tails.  YAY! 

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,083

Unfortunate that the Leila eyebrows bug made it into the release version.

Wow!  That's one hell of a unibrow!  laugh 

Dana

• MoussoMousso Posts: 237
    edited January 2017

I have two issues with this new update.

1. GOZ is not working. When I try to send a morph back to DS it calls a new DS and wants to export as an object. G3F subd is on base.

2. I have 2 computers. On the first I only updated DS and except for GOZ it works fine, on the second pc I made a clean install. Genesis 3 Female loads like blocks on the second one even though I updated the G3F essentials. Got the same content setup on both machines.

1.png
    1920 x 1080 - 840K
    Post edited by Mousso on
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    wiz said:

Any changes noticeable with 3DL?

I've heard that the word "DEPRICATED" appears as a diagonal watermark across all renders.

haha.

Very witty. I worry that some might think it true though.

DavidGB said:

Still contains support for encrypted content (other than scripts, which is fair enough), and DAZ haven't renounced content encryption and pledged that encyption support is just legacy content decryption, so I will still not be installing any 4.9, and will contune with 4.8. (Yes I know one doesn't have to use Connect when using 4.9; but I will not install content encryption supporting software on principle until and unless DAZ completely renoujce content encyption.)

As (a) I don't use Smart Content, (b) I just use folder view in the content pane (for a start with I have a LOT of content from the last 14 years not from DAZ and not in the database, and I need a consistent way to find it all), and (c) after comparison experiments and looking at other people's Iray renders I decided to stick with 3Delight for rendering*, there isn't even a temptation to stray from my staying with 4.8 on principle.

* BTW, a number of PAs and DAZ have missed out on several hundred dollars of purchases from me last year for content I would have bought if it had come with 3DL materials as well, but it only had Iray materials and for that reason I didn't buy it. (Obviously I'm not talking about products that are just e.g. sets of Iray shaders for floors or rocks or whatever; I'm talking about environments, buldings, props, vehicles, weapons, clothes, hair, characters etc..) I have bought a few products that only had Iray shaders, that I wnated enough and the price was reasonable enough that I was prepared to convert the materials to 3DL myself, but the bar is much higher for me to buy something that doesn't have 3DL materials, and the number of things I've bought despite them only having Iray materials is much smaller than the number I didn't buy because they only had Iray materials. The total I would have spent but didn't solely because the products didn't have 3DL materials really does come to quite a few hundred dollars. I'm especially miffed at Platinum Club products starting to appear without 3DL material options, the number of which has been gradualy increasing. I am very seriously thinking about not renewing my PC+nsubscription simply for that reason.

I hear you.

I'm using Beta 4.9.3.166. I have all database components uninstalled. I get an error message, which I can ignore; not keen on Daz spamming the disk (an SSD) with error messages about not being able to log in.

2017-01-02T23:05:02Z Unexpected exception in CloudFIle::lookupFromDb: Unable to connect to the database

... and doing it many times a second, but other than that everything works fine.

• edited January 2017

Hi all. I just got 4.9 (64bit Windows) last night using install manager.. do I need to also install the default resourse package and scene builder? Anyone know? Richard? I downloaded them both manually..but did not try installing them yet

Post edited by michaelxm_a1dddd836b on
  • Styxx said:

1. GOZ is not working. When I try to send a morph back to DS it calls a new DS and wants to export as an object. G3F subd is on base.

2. I have 2 computers. On the first I only updated DS and except for GOZ it works fine, on the second pc I made a clean install. Genesis 3 Female loads like blocks on the second one even though I updated the G3F essentials. Got the same content setup on both machines.

1. Is GoZ installed for the release build rather than the beta? You can have only one GoZ for DS installed at a time. If so, have you tried resetting the path in the ZBrush Preferences?

2. Where is Genesis 3 female installed? Is that path set as a Daz Studio Content Directory in DS?

Styxx said:

1. Is GoZ installed for the release build rather than the beta? You can have only one GoZ for DS installed at a time. If so, have you tried resetting the path in the ZBrush Preferences?

2. Where is Genesis 3 female installed? Is that path set as a Daz Studio Content Directory in DS?

I downloaded the released build, never had the beta and the GOZ exe uninstalled the previous version of GOZ. Yes I checked the path and resetted it two times already. Same, it calls a new Studio.

I have a Content folder. I fixed that already, thanks :)

I sent a ticket with the GOZ issue and I asked for an older version of DS+GOZ. I have a job to do, cant wait for a week until its fixed.

• Well, you have two options - instead of sending back via GoZ you can export the (sub)tool as OBJ and import it or load it with Morph Loader pro (I've found that the modo, or another 1 unit = 1m with standard axes, preset is right for this) or you can try deleting the GoZ project files in case there's an issue there - on a Windows system they are in C:\Users\Public\Pixologic\GoZProjects\Default

Well, you have two options - instead of sending back via GoZ you can export the (sub)tool as OBJ and import it or load it with Morph Loader pro (I've found that the modo, or another 1 unit = 1m with standard axes, preset is right for this) or you can try deleting the GoZ project files in case there's an issue there - on a Windows system they are in C:\Users\Public\Pixologic\GoZProjects\Default

That only works if someone makes one or two morphs but as I sculpt I make about 100 and if I dont like one I just dial it to zero. Exporting/importing a hundred times takes too much time.

I deleted the project files. Same issue :(

I have a problem; the screen part of the screen that displays the render went grey. If I switched to IRAY, I could see what was happening, and the same for photometric; no others worked. It's almost as if the OpenGL part crashed.

And there is no log file.

Anyway, I've reverted to beta (4.9.3.166); presuming it's the same, it is strange it crashes less and causes fewer issues.

• Morph Loader Pro does have a batch mode, though you'd still need to export each morph from ZBrush.

• JDStriderJDStrider Posts: 98
    edited January 2017

There is a checkbox labeled [Show Hidden Vendor Categorizations] I am trying to figure out how this new feature in the Preferrences - Content tab is intended to work.

Can anyone explain the purpose and functionality of this option?

I want to be able to set the Categorization up to fit my work flow and I no longer seem to be able to do so. Everytime I change the Categorization on a product, something puts all of the crap I don't want right back in place. I am hoping there is something I am missing here

Please help!

I have read all of the release notes and they don't help or at least the program is not behaving the way those notes describe. I do not seem to be able to HIDE the Vendor Categorization in the Product or Files tabs of the Smart Content and that is what I want to be able to do...

Post edited by JDStrider on
  • tmg01tmg01 Posts: 4
    edited January 2017
    JDStrider said:

Post edited by tmg01 on
  • tmg01tmg01 Posts: 4

I have a similar issue and sent this bug report

Tom G, Jan 6, 08:14 MST:

I can no longer delete Default categories with the Content DB Editor "Default/Wardrobe/Footwear" for instance
    ie. "Delete Selected Categories" or "Delete Selected Categories from Listed Files"
    When they are removed the are automatically put back
    I normally edit all the default categories of a product to more suit my needs

And got this response

Emmalee Hurst, Jan 6, 16:14 MST:

Hi Tom,

I spoke to our Dev Team and this is by design. It's not possible to delete a default category from Daz Studio. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Emmalee

• ImagoImago Posts: 4,896

A new bug in the already bugged IK and Pin system!

How to reproduce:

- Pin down feet of any kind of char.
    - Pose it in the frame 0 of timeline.
    - Go to frame 15 of time line.
    - Move and rotate the hips to make the char lean forward.
    - Advance to frame 30 and move a little more the hips.
    - Go back to frame 15 to find out the old pose has been messed up. Legs are completely in wrong position and feet aren't in the right place.

In the old version this doesn't happen, the poses are always fine!

• You can hide vendor data - the categories created on installation. The preference option allows you to bring the hidden categorisation back.

• MasterstrokeMasterstroke Posts: 1,789

I am confused. So where can I download the general this release? The DIM only shows the 4.9.3.166 public build. The product library also shows only the 4.9.3.166 version, when I type "DAZ Studio" as a search filter. When I start the installer it shows again, that this is the public build. So where is the general release DS4.9.3 ? ... please?