Power pose -- what is it?

I was loking at a Shannon Maer video and he used a tab called PowerPose. I do not have it. What is it and how do I get it? Very confused...

Comments

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,730
    edited January 2017

A tool for posing figures. Window > Panes (Tabs) > PowerPose or click on the dark grey background area of a panel where the tabs are and right click > Add Pane (Tab) > PowerPose.

Click on the green dots and move the mouse to manipulate the different body parts. Press ctrl and click a dot to lock/unlock it.

Post edited by Taoz on
  • PDSmithPDSmith Posts: 712

Taozen hit the nail on the head, it's an alternative tool to using the current methods that people use for poseing.

It's also a tool that DAZ has not updated since the release of Studio 4.0.

but...I've tried to help since about release 4.5.

http://pdsmith.deviantart.com/art/Powerpose-Update-for-DAZ-Studio-Cookie-n-Chip-465432403

this includes all the Genesis figures and some of the compitition's figures as well.

It takes time to learn but well worth it, some of the more established big name artists over at DeviantArt have 'noted me' saying they ' live and breath' by this tool.

Key way to use this plugin....use the tool for large poses then use the parmeters tab to fine tune joint moments.

Good luck.

-Paul

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

Thanks, I was curious about this tool too. There are many that I haven't used yet. Will definitely check out the update.

• rnollmanrnollman Posts: 310

Thanks! How do you get the pane to be added to the other tabs, like parameters instead of just floating?

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,730
    edited January 2017
    rnollman said:

Thanks! How do you get the pane to be added to the other tabs, like parameters instead of just floating?

powerpose_context_menu.jpg
    422 x 316 - 35K
    Post edited by Taoz on
  • rnollmanrnollman Posts: 310

It works! Thanks.

• Is power-pose available in DAZ Studio 4.10 (64-bit) for Mac or do you have to buy it?

• plarffplarff Posts: 256
    Zipper730 said:

Is power-pose available in DAZ Studio 4.10 (64-bit) for Mac or do you have to buy it?

I am sure it would be available as part of the package.

• QuixotryQuixotry Posts: 898
    plarff said:
    Zipper730 said:

Is power-pose available in DAZ Studio 4.10 (64-bit) for Mac or do you have to buy it?

I am sure it would be available as part of the package.

Yes, it is. It's one of the tools I've only recently gotten around to using it so I'm still getting used to it, but it seems to have always been there.