Linwelly's Grove

Comments

• Linwelly said:

thanks everybody, I took quinn into my Render a month project where he helps couting yultide bulbs.

The girl is Bethany turned child with the growing up morphs which worked wonderful with her, she gives a nice chubby child.

That x-mal tree rendered a bit wierd so I put it through some postwork, guess that went a bit overboard...

besides that This is 3delight

with that experience I played around with some of the other characters I own to see how well the can be kiddified. The male adults are a problem as they come with beard and more of that but with the Kenjy and Sasori skin that can be helped, and they need to gain some fat / loose a lot of ther defined muscles. I#l probably post some of those experiments at some point.

That came out really nice!  The pose is great.

• FistyFisty Posts: 3,416
    edited December 2016

You can set them to 3DL if you want (shader presets/daz default or something like that) for the miniuscule time savings on converting shaders before the render starts, but otherwise you can ignore them, they're completely covered by the geoshell.

Post edited by Fisty on
  • LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,780

Thanks a lot Fisty, so I was finding problems where there are none. Now lets get the mermaids to swim.

Thanks a lot Jack and Sonja, I guess I found a new obsession with kiddifying characters.

edited December 2016

To have a nice environment for my little mermaid I played around with Travelers Anemones http://www.daz3d.com/traveler-s-naturals-tropical-anemones-vol-1.

For some reason the colour materials are not applying correctly (mc6 file type) so I went and got carried away with the crazy colours on seeanemones. They are so bright and crazy coloured its fun.

Here is my selection so far

Anemonas.png
    800 x 800 - 1M
    Post edited by Linwelly on
  • Cool.  I can just see those underwater with some merpeople!  :)

edited December 2016

Ok, I got a little sidetracked by the fact that I bought UV swat for g3 and was testing to get my males into some girlskin. I had Sasori in Jazmine skin when it hit me that he is now looking like a Wodaabe man, so I made some facepaint, added all of the tribal necklaces I had and found some clothes fitting the ocasion of gerewol, or maybe geerewol, which is a fesitval of the Wodaabe people they celebrate once a year in September and the men dress up and paint their faces to impress the ladies with their beauty and their dancing so they will choose a man who then is allowed to "steal" them. Its all very fascinating and if you're interested go read on the net, this is just an excerpt of the whole story.

rendered in 3delight, postwork Gimp 2.8

Gerewol.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 2M
  • Pretty cool! :)

edited December 2016

coming back to mermaids and seeanemonas:

Kiddified Isabis with a tail, there is some kind of render artifact on her belly that happened only in the large render I made for this, I have no idea yet what made that happen.  rendered in 3delight as usual with some postwork to shift the colour a tad more to blue.

Lets_play.jpg
    1414 x 2000 - 3M
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,026

Love the colors of the memraid image.  Thanks for the background info on the Wodaabe.  Very interesting.  Great image, too.

• Great mermaid render.  Her expression is wonderful!

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    edited December 2016

Love the perspective on the mermaid render.  The feeling of the sides being a cliff with sea animals hanging off it is just lovely!

Edited to add that your recoloring of the plants looks really good in the render

Post edited by IceDragonArt on
    edited December 2016

Thanks you everybody, I hope you had a wonderful holiday time and could rest up some.

now the news is I got an Iray compatible grafic card for christmas and now I'm goning to play with that... a lot! I'm not giving up 3delight as I still really like all the options but as I have the feeling this will take the larger part of workspace in my brain I guess I will stick to Iray for a while and probably ask a ton of questions to all those with a lot more experience, so please be patient with me.

Here is a start, guess that reflecting the speed that I will go by, I call this "Keep walking" and its in Iray, some postwork to make the sun flirr

keep_walking.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 2M
  • I saw your tortoise in the gallery.  Love this whole image with the sun in the background.  :)

Congrats on the new card!  Have fun playing with Iray and of course, ask all the questions you need to!  Looks like you are off to a good start!

• Congratulations on the new card!  I look forward to seeing the results of the learning process!

Thanks a lot everybody, true to myself I cheated my way to that render and didn't use a real sun but made s sphere right in front of a plain plane, made the sphere emissive in the right colour and intesity and found a vignette function to the render settings. ... the things you learn for 3delight you will never forget again...cool

edited December 2016

on to the next step this time I tried using the Sun-Sky only as environment mode. I was luck to be informed that I could use a standart light as a node for the sun to get it moved to the right place, that made my life a lot easyer. What I'm not too happy about is that it still looks a lot more grizzled than I wanted, even in the region where the DOF should be in focus and even though I let it renter to 100%.

Then again I havn't found where to alter that cycles settings everybody is talking about, and I guess I need to dial that up; so what are useful cycle settings and where do I change them and whate are the criteria to say this is the right number of cycles?

Camp.png
    1800 x 1440 - 4M
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

First, loved the depth of field and composition on your mermaid. Nicely done! Tortoise is cute too. Welcome to Iray! If by cycles you mean the time a render is allowed to go, go in to the Render settings, under Progressive Rendering, and increase the Max Samples time and the Max Time. You can stop the render when it looks good to you. It's hard to give advice, because the time could greatly vary depending on your machine capabilities. With my Alienware51, I render quickly but I still crank up the time. It's in seconds, I just crank mine up to 10000 (or less) and that's 2.77 hours, but nothing ever goes anywhere near that long.

Thanks a lot Novica, yes I guess that was what I was looking for, I will try with different sample counts as well and see if that makes a difference, I guess with the GTX 1060 I'm not too bad off concerning the time issue

So yes I tried a bit a round with those dials and I believe they are making a difference, a bit confusing to me was that in the next render the popup showing the percentage of the render progress kept being 0 while the itereations were going up and up and the render was looking rather ok. I guess it's because I use the beta version now and that seems to have a hiccup every now and then.

Ok due to TOS I will not be able to show that render here ( was never intendet to be much of a naked render but in the end it is) so here is the link to it on my dA page: http://linwelly.deviantart.com/art/Trapped-654334167.

It took pretty  long but I really like the way it turned out.

• Which cycles are you talking about, Linwelly?  Are you wanting to know how to render out in cycles for different layers for postworking?  I think it is similar to the whole .rib in 3Delight.  Or were you talking about something else?

What I was thinking about is to get a higher amount of itereations done so that the noise gets less in a render and I thing that is what Novica pointed me to with the max samples and the Max time settings. But then I noticed that I need to take a closer look at all those other dials in the progressive rendering settings, that where I found the most of the things I'm not sure what they do when I alter them.

What you mentioned sounds quite interesting as well but I guess I#m not yet ready for that level of spphisticated work.

edited January 2017

Here is what I made out of Ceridwen and the AtmoCam for Iray. Was looking like mad for the prop belonging to the atmosphere until I clicked on the little sig next top the cam ... stupid me

Anyway its a beautiful tool and as I like atmosphereic effects more than is healthy, you might see this a lot.

Her_two_faces.png
    1800 x 1273 - 4M

Oh that's really lovely Linwelly!

edited January 2017

Hey, I so made my first Iray shader! Well ok its a spinoff from that carpaint with metallic flaces shader but its different anyway: Frostglitter, certainly I needed to cover everything except the plants with it. I made a geoshell and applied my frostcover on that. here is a simple render:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/da/aa4a47b1144ce5b18db22a31eb2f35.png

Thanks goes to @mjc1016 for pointing me in the right direction

Frost.png
    565 x 800 - 926K
  • We all have to start somewhere!  I keep trying to get a handle on making my own shaders, but I keep giving up and then coming back to it.  So, you've already succeeded more than me with your shader.  Nice work! :)

Wow that looks great! 

• Nice job on the shader, Linwelly!

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,026

I'm in love with this atmosphere.  Can't wait to see more like this.

Linwelly said:

Here is what I made out of Ceridwen and the AtmoCam for Iray. Was looking like mad for the prop belonging to the atmosphere until I clicked on the little sig next top the cam ... stupid me

Anyway its a beautiful tool and as I like atmosphereic effects more than is healthy, you might see this a lot.

edited January 2017

Thanks a lot, Knittingmommy, Sonja and Jack, I guess I will work it over at some point as in the moment it looks more like an iceglazing that like hoarfrost, which i originally was aiming for.

For the moment I went a step in the other direction and made some ice. The Icicles are made from a cone mangled with a d-former and the ice shader is my own again. I guess i will have to add some air bubbles to the icicles to make them more real ( the rest is covered with my iceglazing again.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/0d/422ac7bb9cdc629ab9a724f2990c5e.png

Icicle.png
    565 x 800 - 963K