The Twinkies and Lime Jello Complaint Thread -- Now With More Squirrels!

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

using a render at zazzle, ... the image templates from zazzle seem to be 400 lines per inch, unless the 400 is a default value and not from the template.

pathetically confused

As far as I know, LPI is not stored in the image file - PPI is, though, and that's what you should take as your guide. As far as I can see from your screenshot the Zazzle template also uses 300PPI. So your bare render (which is assigned a value of 72PPI when you open it in PS, at least if it's a DS render - DS doesn't set a PPI value) is, if it's 1920 by 1080, about 6.5 by 3.5 inches at print resolution. How big do you want it to be? There's not much point in upsampling it a lot, if you need it bigger, as that will make a high-resolution but blurry image; there are plugins for PS that claim to do a better job of upsampling, but you are never going to get as sharp a result as rendering at the desired size in the first place.

i'm rendering for a full bleed 8.25 x 6 inches trimsize
    (20.955 x 15.24 centimeters)

iz a lot of re-rendering.

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Morning. Warm again here under a big blue sky :)

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

Good Mornin :)

edited December 1969

capshuns or squees for yoos

hDFFFD0AD.jpg
    500 x 334 - 54K
    nospace.jpg
    500 x 266 - 44K
    squirl.jpg
    500 x 473 - 67K
    koala.jpg
    500 x 321 - 50K
    tigerbelly.jpg
    382 x 512 - 66K
    edited December 1969

supreme self confidence Kitty

a classic, "when you are in Deep Trouble"

survival.jpg
    499 x 399 - 49K
    h4918CC0B.jpg
    500 x 375 - 54K
    eselfconfh.jpg
    300 x 205 - 15K
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,327
    edited December 1969

just saw this one on Facebook and thought I'd share. LOL!

380227_499615140083736_1304884311_n.jpg
    480 x 480 - 50K
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,678
    edited December 1969

Be careful when deleting files permanently off your computer because you might delete something important. I learned the lesson the hard way this morning.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    edited December 1969

A jet airline? Who can read those when the plane is flying? It is for people waiting at the gate but they are not very close to the plane.

...true, but when have marketing departments ever used common sense?

A lot of this trend is based on "visibility" at the terminal. A plane with a fancy paint job or nice piccies on it will stand out amongst the more "boring" liveries, especially when they use popular icons like The Simpsons, Disneyland/Disneyworld, Pokemon, etc.... Since Deregulation in 1978, the air travel industry has become far more cutthroat and airlines look for any angle to get a "leg up" on the competition.

In the past airlines used quality of service, reliability, and comfort as the means to lure passengers to board their planes. Market expansion was very conservative requiring Civil Aeronautics Board (now defunct) approval, and mergers were few (the biggest being United and Capitol in the 1960s). True, a status quo was being maintained, but it allowed the airlines to focus on the passenger's needs.

Following deregulation, the strategy changed as airlines were now free to enter or exit any market, often times going head to head with another company serving the same routes. Frequency of service was pushed over comfort as planes were configured with the maximum number of seats allowed lending to the popular term "cattle car class". Instead of comfort airlines offered other incentives to fly like the Frequent Flier plans and Branded CC's that offered mileage points for non travel purchases, both of which had a negative impact on the bottom line. Finally, there were the "Fare Wars" where one airline would attempt to undercut another's fares in certain popular markets, Often times these fares were lower than taking the bus between the same cities (I remember flying from Portland to the Bay Area on weekends to fly kites because it was actually cheaper than going to the Oregon Coast only 75 miles away).

No longer was quality a selling point as advances in telecommunications were beginning to make an impact on what was the "bread and butter" for the airlines, business travel. With fewer "full fare" customers to subsidise the low cost fares for the leisure traveller and ever increasing fuel costs, the difference had to be made up from somewhere and that somewhere was cabin and other services that passengers took for granted, as well as increases in fares. One airline even considered a "standing" passenger class and another toyed with introducing pay privies on its planes.

What was one of the "classiest" means of travel has effectively being reduced to a Walmart/Greyhound Bus level (and sadly I actually have more leg and hip room on an intercity bus than I do in airline tourist).

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

...woke up to the same ol' same ol', cloudy cold damp no snow though (yet).

Made hotcakes and maple brekkie sausages.

Going to cook a trout tonight. Forgot to get potatoes so have to head to the corner market.

Have a bottle of fine Amontillado for later tonight. Going to head into town tomorrow as I found a state liquor outlet in downtown where I can get a bottle of Kruškovac (Croatian Pear Brandy).

edited December 1969

so, if Kai is carbonized, is he made of the same stuff Han Solo was stuck in?

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited December 1969

It was cloudy and windy today.

I can't access the Daz 3D store. I can log into the forums though. Uhh.. I just want to buy some items that cost $1.99 USD.

The bank still hasn't posted my refund from Daz. I guess they are waiting 30 days from the day of the request to credit my account. I'm going to open another account real with another institution real soon. Some people suggest that I should open an account with a credit union. I found some federal credit unions. Umm, don't I need to be an employee of the U.S. Government to join a federal credit union? I'm just a poor college student. lol

Maybe I'll go find a small, local bank or a pre-paid debit card with no monthly fees. Ok, I need to go get ready for dinner. Bye

edited December 1969

It was cloudy and windy today.

I can't access the Daz 3D store. I can log into the forums though. Uhh.. I just want to buy some items that cost $1.99 USD.

...hmmm just going very slow for me, and right now I have decent signal strength.
  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,002
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ps1borg said:

Going to cook a trout tonight. Forgot to get potatoes so have to head to the corner market.

Have a bottle of fine Amontillado for later tonight. Going to head into town tomorrow as I found a state liquor outlet in downtown where I can get a bottle of Kruškovac (Croatian Pear Brandy).
    Amontillado? Here's hoping you're not planning on putting someone in chains and walling them in alive, for the love of God. :)

edited December 1969

I have to have an brain MRI tomorrow morning. Don't think is anything to worry about but woweee, wasn't expecting it. That is my complaint.

• M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    I have to have an brain MRI tomorrow morning. Don't think is anything to worry about but woweee, wasn't expecting it. That is my complaint.

Tomorrow morning?! ... on the 21st, you're going to be hooked up to a very expensive piece of hardware, searching for mental activity? o.0...

You know the Everything Is Going To Be Different, when you emerge, don't you? ;-)

(good luck with that! >_<)</span>

edited December 1969

M F M said:
    ps1borg said:

Tomorrow morning?! ... on the 21st, you're going to be hooked up to a very expensive piece of hardware, searching for mental activity? o.0...

You know the Everything Is Going To Be Different, when you emerge, don't you? ;-)

Hehe absolutely the right place to be then. I need some apocalyptic music to take with me, and of course if everyone in the world turns into Zombies there will be a medlab nearby with a clone of Mila Jovovich around somewhere to fight them off :) Seriously, is just a precaution, don't expect anything has gone badly wrong :)

• RarethRareth Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    M F M said:
    ps1borg said:

Hehe absolutely the right place to be then. I need some apocalyptic music to take with me, and of course if everyone in the world turns into Zombies there will be a medlab nearby with a clone of Mila Jovovich around somewhere to fight them off :) Seriously, is just a precaution, don't expect anything has gone badly wrong :)

Funny I don't remember Zombies in "Fifth Element"

edited December 1969

Rareth said:
    ps1borg said:
    M F M said:
    ps1borg said:

Funny I don't remember Zombies in "Fifth Element"

Where I go it is more of a Resident Evil scenario :)

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

Where I go it is more of a Resident Evil scenario :)

ah so you know my in-laws..

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

Ledhead said:
    Ledhead said:
    M F M said:
    ps1borg said:
    By the way, I hope Ledhead is doing okay... hope the news about the protrusion, is good.

I really thought about how to state that and the sad thing is, that is the best I could do... every way I started to write that, it sounded like I was wishing the lump good health... It's a good thing I never became a doctor, my bedside manner is terrible.

Either way, I hope Ledhead is doing well and in good spirits...

+1.

+2.

+3

I must admit you guys kinda choked me up. Thanx for showing your concern for me.

I had my autopsy done yesterday (ok it was a biopsy). I had such anxiety before they did anything. Crap like that just freaks me out. Not knowing what to expect or how much pain is involved. Talk about easy. I would rather have that done than take a crap in the morning. They did tell me not to lift anything heavy for the next 24 hours, so I asked them if they had a young nurse in training that could come home with me and help when I pee.

They told me it would be a week before I would know the results, so it probably will be after Christmas. I'll keep you all in informed. I want to say I love you guys, but hell, I don't even know you. Once again thank you. Damn I am kind of choked up.

Glad the biopsy was so easy on you, Ledhead. We will all be anxisouly awaiting the results with you.

edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    ps1borg said:

Amontillado? Here's hoping you're not planning on putting someone in chains and walling them in alive, for the love of God. :)
    ...nah, just my favourite variety of sherry. Not as dry as Fino nor as syrupy sweet as Cream.
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Complaint for the day: How come things that make your life easier are the hardest to change when you figure out how to make them work easier for you? Dragon NaturallySpeaking comes with a USB microphone headset combo so I used it. Reading through that one little piece of white paper stuck in the box at the very bottom. It shows you that the USB plug has a disconnect so you can use the microphone and headset as a normal, Jack plug-in set. I wanted to do that because the USB headphones do not pick up sound from all programs. So I swish it around, wonderful music, all my videos play into my ears. I boot Dragon and what does it tell me? This user profile requires a USB microphone. And there is absolutely no way to swap it to a standard microphone. This is just crap.

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Blech, ate some bad chicken. Sick all Tuesday night and into Wednesday. Blech.

Better today but it's cold, windy, and obnoxious outside. It's going to be a painful trip into work today.

Have to work tomorrow, blech, need the money. No new gear until net year! :bug:

I DO have some content money, will spend a bit here at Daz on the easy environment thingie.

There's almost nowhere near me to get fried clams! I'll have to bus + walk to Quality Seafood for fried clams! Sigh, when it's warmer.. shudder..

Blech, meh. No work on TentaSquirrel. Blech. :down:

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,002
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

Hoping your experience is like mine was. After the MRI of my skull they said they didn't find anything.
    Be well.
    edited December 1969

another complaint.. DS needs Particle effects.. there is only so much you can do with props and shaders (you can do alot, but particles would be better) ..

Hero-Fireball.jpg
    1024 x 576 - 539K
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,678
    edited December 1969

I thought that living in a group home will loose all my freedoms and I think I am mostly right. I am so melancholy.

edited December 2012

complainnnnt - i answer phones at my day job, all week 800 and 888 calls for someone not working here anymore. i yelled at the caller yesterday to stop calling, but they called again today.
    isn't it illegal in the states for collection agencies to call a person's job?

at least the guy is getting peace at home, since they call here.

Yule card for the Solstice event
    http://www.faeriewylde.com/FW4/index.php?topic=6069.0

Post edited by Mistara on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Rareth said:
    another complaint.. DS needs Particle effects.. there is only so much you can do with props and shaders (you can do alot, but particles would be better) ..

Yes, yes they would. I want them too. I think a Plugin is in the works but not Close yet.
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    M F M said:
    ps1borg said:

crikey! hopez for a clean bill o' health!

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,389
    edited December 2012

tjohn said:
    Rezca said:
    "There is a professor in my noodles!!"

Daww such a cute raptor X3
    He seems a bit annoyed though...

Just kept meaning to say I see your Avy as a cardinal. I know it isn't, but still...

Heh he does seem like a Cardinal now that you mention it :D

D|S doesn't have a particles plugin? I thought it did already. Carrara's always had particles, but they've been... Broken, if you will, for so long. I don't think some of the particle stuff is fixed even in v8. That video Mark Bremmer did with a trail of smoke and fire was pretty cool though.

Mm... Reminds me I haven't done anything other than bubbles in a vat of liquid with Cinema's particles yet. That needs to be addressed =P

Ooh also my latest test with M4D. This time I went and used iRay to render it. Two minute render time with Depth of Field and a large HDRI =P

*edited to add* that I still need to finish rigging that beast. :P

raptor_iray.jpg
    800 x 600 - 277K
    Post edited by Rezca on
This discussion has been closed.