Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 7

Comments

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    barbult said:

Wow! That is a mess. It reminds me of the way Jared was released. Remember that one? Check that thread again. Richard had a recommendation for a workaround that a user can do while waiting for a fix. I bet they'll fix that pretty fast.

Oh my goodness, I missed all that Jared fiasco. So glad you were on the ball with that one. And the arms on the one SereneNight showed us- WOW. Simply WOW. 

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
    Novica said:

Breaking news... from the Smithsonian Institute, shown is a rare photo from its archived collection of foreign dignitaries, Prince Parker of Obindabi and Princess Finley. The never-before-seen image from 1947 is one of the few in existance of the couple, notorious for avoiding photographers. The photo is estimated to be worth $187,512.72  Anyone wishing to purchase the image can pay cash to Novica, Curator of the museum who denies stealing the image but somehow has it in her possession. Authorities are not investigating, because anyone stupid enough to pay that amount deserves to be ripped off.  

Parker is wearing Arabian Prince Outfit (Gen3M)  with his sweetheart FWSA Finley HD (V7)  (she's so dainty next to him, what a cute couple!)  wearing Anjou Hair and Hellenic (Gen3F)  using Destiny Gardens Iray Fabrics of Asia Shaders.

LMAO! Great story and GREAT render!!!

edited December 2016
    RGcincy said:

I really like the first one (B&W). Has just the right mood, enhanced by the story line. Have you posted it on ebay yet?

Dealing directly with forum members so as to avoid the seller fees. 

Post edited by Novica on
  • jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

I get that problem occasionally, and I don't know why. Adjust rigging to shape will fix it - but I've had it happen to a character and then not happen again. I have NO IDEA what causes it.  

Is that affecting both the Character preset and setting the morph on a  regular G3M manually?

BOTH. the character loads with the problems and the problems occur when you dial in the morphs manually.

• Llynara said:
    Novica said:

Breaking news... from the Smithsonian Institute, shown is a rare photo from its archived collection of foreign dignitaries, Prince Parker of Obindabi and Princess Finley. The never-before-seen image from 1947 is one of the few in existance of the couple, notorious for avoiding photographers. The photo is estimated to be worth $187,512.72  Anyone wishing to purchase the image can pay cash to Novica, Curator of the museum who denies stealing the image but somehow has it in her possession. Authorities are not investigating, because anyone stupid enough to pay that amount deserves to be ripped off.  

Parker is wearing Arabian Prince Outfit (Gen3M)  with his sweetheart FWSA Finley HD (V7)  (she's so dainty next to him, what a cute couple!)  wearing Anjou Hair and Hellenic (Gen3F)  using Destiny Gardens Iray Fabrics of Asia Shaders.

LMAO! Great story and GREAT render!!!

I agree!  Made me snicker, and thank you so much for posting this. :)  Well done!

edited December 2016
    Novica said:
    RGcincy said:

I really like the first one (B&W). Has just the right mood, enhanced by the story line. Have you posted it on ebay yet?

Dealing directly with forum members so as to avoid the seller fees. 

Well, I bid: 

dr evil.jpg
    400 x 400 - 99K
    Post edited by Llynara on
    edited December 2016

EVERETT:WHAT DID THE DEVIL GIVE YOU FOR your SOUL?

TOMMY:HE TAUGHT ME TO PLAY THIS GEETAR REALLY WELL.

DELMAR:AND FOR THAT YOU TRADED YOR EVERLASTING SOUL?

TOMMY:WELL,I WASN'T USING IT.

From my favorite movie, "O Brother, Where Art Thou." If you haven't seen it, you should. Freakin' hilarious!

• I have, a few times.  Cackle every time I get to re-watch it.

I love the Cohen Brothers. Raising Arizona, O Brother Where Art Thou...that's the kind of humor I like to watch and to write. Zany stuff. Life's too short not to have fun!

edited December 2016

Hmmmm. If you load Gwennili from the Content Library Character avatars, you get the scarred makeup and face as the default (which I don't think it should be, but that part is the vendor's choice.) However, that ugly indentation for the scar STAYS when you apply regular face materials/no scar options. Yet the images show a beautiful complexion. 

You have to load her on Gen3F to get those results, and not use the Character approach at all. That's not good. 

gwennili.jpg
    294 x 400 - 41K
    Post edited by Novica on
  • GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,476

I picked up Parker today! Can't wait to try him.

Be warned if you purchase the hunger... The monster is totally broken in the arms and hands. I'm really suprised this one made it through testing like this. A bug report was submitted.

Is that affecting both the Character preset and setting the morph on a  regular G3M manually?

Yup. Tried it on two different installs. Not cool Daz Testers. Not cool!

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/136596/the-hunger-for-genesis-3-male-massive-distortion-problems#latest

Greybro said:

Be warned if you purchase the hunger... The monster is totally broken in the arms and hands. I'm really suprised this one made it through testing like this. A bug report was submitted.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/136596/the-hunger-for-genesis-3-male-massive-distortion-problems#latest

Fortunately Rawn is on it. These kind of bugs are very unusual for RawArt  wink

edited December 2016

Gwennili is okay, but I do NOT like eye makeups and lips all put together as one, I want to choose. Also, I'm not a fan of eyeliner on the bottom, and all the makeups have it. There's only the neutral (no makeup) and I want eyeliner on top, without having to mess with it. I do like her nose, a typical woman's nose and not perfect.

Confident Poses Gia 7 gives you some nice fighting / defensive / all around stances. Hair was the Topmodel Updo (featured before) and Gladiator Godess outfit (featured before, with Uma.) 

Offline the rest of the day, headed to the stables. 76 degrees.

gwennili2.jpg
    462 x 575 - 237K
    Post edited by Novica on
    edited December 2016

Llynara said:

Well, I bid: 

PAY UP! You fortunate thing, you're the highest bidder. Cash only, have the armored trucks with my money meet me at Pensacola Regional Airport. I'll be flying directly from there in my new private Lear jet (that I am, of course, paying cash for once the trucks arrive) to Fiji. As a gesture of goodwill, if you come with the trucks you can fly there with me. I'll even spring for your Margaritas or drinks of choice. (We can write on our books as we lounge on the beach so we can get a tax writeoff for the trip.)

PS: I'll even buy you a "I've Been Ripped Off" Tshirt. Feeling generous today.

Post edited by Novica on
    edited December 2016

Russell HD (M7)     Mathew Hair (Gen3M / Gen2M)     Dark Whisper (Gen3M)     Construction Worker (Gen2M / Gen3M)      Miles Hair (Gen3M) 

Russell is definitely a nice addition to the gene pool overall, and quite nice without any changes! Finding hair to work under the construction hat was iffy, but Miles Hair works if you undo the Parameters and increase certain morphs past the limits.

russellDarkWhisperMathewHair.jpg
    462 x 575 - 254K
    russellDarkWhisperMathewHair2.jpg
    462 x 575 - 269K
    russellConstrWorkerMilesHair.jpg
    462 x 575 - 274K
    Post edited by Novica on
  • Nice renders there- I thought about that one, but ended up just getting the construction worker outfit.  XD All I need is a copy outfit and I've got a group.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Novica did I see that your missing cat came back?  I thought I did but it was really late lol.  If so I am very happy to hear that!

Novica said:

Llynara said:

Well, I bid: 

PAY UP! You fortunate thing, you're the highest bidder. Cash only, have the armored trucks with my money meet me at Pensacola Regional Airport. I'll be flying directly from there in my new private Lear jet (that I am, of course, paying cash for once the trucks arrive) to Fiji. As a gesture of goodwill, if you come with the trucks you can fly there with me. I'll even spring for your Margaritas or drinks of choice. (We can write on our books as we lounge on the beach so we can get a tax writeoff for the trip.)

It's a date! Now I just have to find the treasure I buried out in the cornfield. Or was that my last husband? Not sure....hmmm

Love the renders of Russell. He's perfect for one of my more colorful characters (a bounty hunter.)

@DarwinsMishap - Ah, you said it! Now you're gonna have to show us some Village People!

Llynara said:
    Novica said:

Llynara said:

Well, I bid: 

It's a date! Now I just have to find the treasure I buried out in the cornfield. Or was that my last husband? Not sure....hmmm

Love the renders of Russell. He's perfect for one of my more colorful characters (a bounty hunter.)

@DarwinsMishap - Ah, you said it! Now you're gonna have to show us some Village People!

I'm really looking forward to seeing what your vision of your characters are and if they are close to what I see when I read the book.  (which was excellent, by the way, I enjoyed every moment and went to bed wayyy too late cause I couldn't put it down lol)

• Catching up and finding out there will be a thread 8 ...That is SO awesome.

I am really really happy to hear that :D 

Well, the cat came back Monday, then Tuesday, but I was gone tonight and gone last night(Wed) past seven pm, and Shadow normally comes around 5pm-6pm. There was dry food out, but no canned food. The second night he came back (Tues) he came at 5pm and 10pm so he got two small doses of antibiotics and pain pills (he was limping even worse, but that's probably from walking to my house.)  So at least I know he's had several doses of antibiotic. Thanks for asking! 

@Ferretmania   Thank you, happy to do it. As you can already tell, I'm already off the forums for longer periods of time (today, since noon, and just got on after 9pm. Gone all day with out of town guests and having fun in general.) 

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

I know Novica doesn't have time but I was curious whether anyone was going to do a "best and favourite purchases of 2016" thread? It almost suits the thread here...but what do you all think?

Llynara said:
    Novica said:

Llynara said:

Well, I bid: 

I'm really looking forward to seeing what your vision of your characters are and if they are close to what I see when I read the book.  (which was excellent, by the way, I enjoyed every moment and went to bed wayyy too late cause I couldn't put it down lol)

Oh, thank you, Ice Dragon! So glad you enjoyed it! The Supers are so much fun. I have a few of them on my website, but there are so many more just itching to get out and be rendered. I've been working on Jacob, Jared and Karma lately. And trying to get Hugh right in Iray. He's stubbornly stodgy sometimes about 3Delight. Stinker! 

I think Russell would be wonderful for Martin, Kat's bounty hunting partner. He's older and kind of craggy, plain spoken. I really need to cut back on rendering (and DAZ shopping) and get back to writing! LOL But I get so many great ideas from here, that it's time and money well spent. smiley

edited December 2016
    jakiblue said:

I know Novica doesn't have time but I was curious whether anyone was going to do a "best and favourite purchases of 2016" thread? It almost suits the thread here...but what do you all think?

Oh, we always do our own top ten here in the thread. Wouldn't miss it wink  It's been done every year. Everyone is always asked to participate and tell what you really liked from the year, and as you said, it doesn't have to be new, it just has to be PURCHASED this year. Feel free to start whenever you feel like it. The only thing I ask is that the products include a link. You can discuss why you like it or not.

Edit- I don't know about you, but I find the fastest way to grab the links is to have the Product Library open and just use that. Very speedy.

Post edited by Novica on
    edited December 2016
    jakiblue said:

Ooh, fantastic idea! And here's one of my instant favorites- Toon Generations 2! OMG, these are a blast! As much fun as Star 2.0, maybe even more because you can make entire families of all ages. 

Here are a few quickie renders. Here's Pinky, my first toon character. I wuv her. She's spunky and fun and so very very PINK. 

Clothes: Autofit works great with the Toons, this includes Wear Them All, which is on sale right now. Pinky even raided Star's wardrobe and hairs! The new stuff fits just fine. Will test the older stuff. The Toon Generation 2 hair shaders are gorgeous, plus the ones that are already out for Star and other toons makes for a wide variety of possibilities since they can wear all the G3 hair plus autofitting from other generations. 

Materials: LIE makeup, other textures and eyes work well. Paris' lovely Macro Eyes look great on toons. (Maybe we need to try some of Darwin's LIE Tattoos on them! HA)

Poses: They take most poses easily with very little adjustment. 

Characters: I haven't begun to play with mixing in other shapes, but some people are getting some great results on this thread. We're even bringing the new Toon morphs into G2 via GenX2 so that people can get them into Carrara. And guess what? Autofit using and the G3 products for G2 works just fine if you get them into G2. Pics on the other thread. 

Pinky5.png
    1500 x 1332 - 1M
    Pinky.png
    1500 x 1332 - 992K
    Pinky2.png
    1500 x 1332 - 792K
    edited December 2016

Well, that's depressing. To figure out what I bought this year and make my picks, I went to my Orders to see the dates .OUCH. SO many orders- and all these recent sales certainly didn't help. Yes, you can also pick products you haven't rendered yet. 

If you like, you can also include a render (please put it with the one you linked, not at the end of the list.)  I try to keep the height on mine no greater than 575 so the folks with mobile devices can see them better.

And my list is never in any particular order.

Post edited by Novica on

Going to be very tough to narrow it down to 10.  I refuse to look at my total for the year.  I know its far more than I should have spent but thankfully I didnt go into debt over it. I've got a little bit left on the gift card and then I am have to commit to sticking to rendering my massive content library next year.  I need to set a specific budget for each month and stick to it.

edited December 2016

Rendering now, here's my #1 (meaning my first one, as I said, no particular order)   I like the details.  And of course, no surprise here...

i13 Modern Barn Environment        CLICK TO ENLARGE FIRST ONE, 1800 pixels so you can see details.

I had to put the ISO to around 250 and Exposure Value to 12.87

ModernBarn.jpg
    1934 x 1888 - 4M
    ModernBarn2.jpg
    589 x 575 - 300K
    Post edited by Novica on
    edited December 2016

Well, they have two of my next choices on sale as best sellers, and most of you probably have them and know why they are best sellers. My #2 (again, no particular order)

Fern Lake Bundle  (cheating, there's two things in that, but they go together)  and  #3 Chateau Blanche. 

Below is Fern Lake, previous renders.

Fern5sig.jpg
    900 x 953 - 1M
    Fern6.jpg
    900 x 953 - 1M
    castle1.jpg
    700 x 900 - 590K
    Post edited by Novica on
This discussion has been closed.