Jared for Michael 7 Question

2»

Comments

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,553

I've messed around with him for a while and decided that his shape is not my favorite a bit thin and his mats are merely ok. I will likely use this skin on different body shapes

• SorelSorel Posts: 1,389

He is quite handsome :)

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,050
    edited December 2015

Jared seems to have some serious problems with finger bends. Look back at the picture I posted of him with Michael 7. That hand on top of his head has a very distorted pinky. Once I noticed that, I took a closer look and rendered the hands up close. All the bends are within limits; I didn't do anything strange to him. I'm going to submit a help request with these images attached. sad

Jared finger bending front view.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 454K
    Jared finger bending back view.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 500K
    Post edited by barbult on
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,528
    edited December 2015

Below is my render of Jared with one of Sveva's light set.

He looks pretty ok to me.

Jared05pic01.jpg
    960 x 1024 - 247K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • barbult said:

Jared seems to have some serious problems with finger bends. Look back at the picture I posted of him with Michael 7. That hand on top of his head has a very distorted pinky. Once I noticed that, I took a closer look and rendered the hands up close. All the bends are within limits; I didn't do anything strange to him. I'm going to submit a help request with these images attached. sad

It looks as if the rigging needs adjusting to the shape - please report this as a bug.

edited December 2015

I have noticed that, too, but if one do not bend fingers extensively, it looks ok.

Below is my another render of Jared - the close up.

Jared08pic03.jpg
    960 x 1024 - 295K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,553
    barbult said:

It looks as if the rigging needs adjusting to the shape - please report this as a bug.

hmmm Tarzan hands

barbult said:

I have. It is Request #207711.

Nice images, Artini. It looks like you are pulling the best out of him.

Thank you, Barbult, and great, that you have reported the issue with the fingers.

May be we get the updated version in the future.

After all the complains about releasing so little male items in the store,

I would like at least show some renders of the current items and support the artists, that make them.

• barbult said:
    barbult said:

In the meantime, With the morph applied (and nothing else changed from zero) go to Edit>Figure>Rigging>Adjust Rigging to shape. In the dialogue uncheck the eyes (adjusting the eyes can cause issues) and click Accept, that shoudl fix the fingers. Now right-click in the Parameters pane and select Edit Mode, then right-click on the Jared morph and select ERC Freeze. In the dialogue box make sure that the only things checked are bone start and end points, then click Accept. Assuming that the posing now works, either save as a Scene Subset and use that isntead of the base until there's an update or go to File>Save as>Support Assets>Save Modified Assets, make sure the only thing listed is Jared's morph and click Accept - that will make G3M load with the adjusted rigging, again until the jared morph is updated officially.

barbult said:
    barbult said:

In the meantime, With the morph applied (and nothing else changed from zero) go to Edit>Figure>Rigging>Adjust Rigging to shape. In the dialogue uncheck the eyes (adjusting the eyes can cause issues) and click Accept, that shoudl fix the fingers. Now right-click in the Parameters pane and select Edit Mode, then right-click on the Jared morph and select ERC Freeze. In the dialogue box make sure that the only things checked are bone start and end points, then click Accept. Assuming that the posing now works, either save as a Scene Subset and use that isntead of the base until there's an update or go to File>Save as>Support Assets>Save Modified Assets, make sure the only thing listed is Jared's morph and click Accept - that will make G3M load with the adjusted rigging, again until the jared morph is updated officially.

Thanks for the specific instructions.That's a lot of steps, but I'm up for giving it a try. I'll report back with my results.

• I should hae added to right-click in the Parameters pane again after ERC Freeze and take it out of Edit mode by unchecking the command. It looks like a lot of steps but, aside from making sure it's worked OK, they are pretty quick to do.

barbult said:
    barbult said:
    barbult said:

Thanks for the specific instructions.That's a lot of steps, but I'm up for giving it a try. I'll report back with my results.

Whoops, I ran into some confusion, since I haven't done this before. but I really want to learn how.

1) You said "With the morph applied (and nothing else changed from zero) ". Does that mean I should load the Jared character and change nothing (it will have Michael 7 dialed, Mouth realism, Navel, subD, etc.) or does it mean I should load Genesis 3 male, zero everything (no subD, no mouth realism, no navel, etc.) and then dial the Jared morph to 100% (which will dial Michael 7 back in)?  If the latter, do I have to dial michael 7 back to 0 again?

2) You said "go to Edit>Figure>Rigging>Adjust Rigging to shape. In the dialogue uncheck the eyes". Does that mean uncheck "Left Eye" and "Right Eye" from the left column in the dialog box? Do I need to uncheck "leye" and "reye" in the right column too?

3) You said "...select ERC Freeze. In the dialogue box make sure that the only things checked are bone start and end points" Does that mean I have to scroll through a huge list of items and uncheck everything that says "yOrigin", "zOrigin" and "xOrigin" one at a time? Yikes!

Well, that is as far as I got, because I didn't want to spend 20 minutes unchecking origin boxes if that is not what you really meant. :)

• 1) I loaded G3M and set the Jared Body morph. The issue is the Jared moprh so you don't need anything else set, and if yu have it set you will have it listed in the ERC Freeze dialogue and have to uncheck it.

2) Sorry, I meant in the hierarchy on the left - the things that will be adjusted. You could deselect all the non-hand parts on the right too, if the problems are showing only in the hands - it should make the calculation a bit speedier.

3) No - most of the long list, all the origins and so on, are wanted (those are the adjustments to the rigging we want to automate). But if any morphs or posing transforms slipped in you want to uncheck those as you don't want turning the morph on to set the other morphs or apply poses.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,808

There's an update for Jared in DIM today. According to the readme (there's actually an update in a readme!):

2015-12-22 - Updated Full Body Morph with bone adjustments.

Did that address the hands issue?

vwrangler said:

There's an update for Jared in DIM today. According to the readme (there's actually an update in a readme!):

2015-12-22 - Updated Full Body Morph with bone adjustments.

Did that address the hands issue?

I haven't tried it yet. (I didn't even know about the update until you told me.) I want to try to follow Richards instructions as a learning exercise first. Then I'll replace my experiment with the real fix.

I was able to implement all of Richard's instuctions except the part about saving modified assets. It always showed more than just Jared in the list so I aborted and saved as scene subset instead. I'd still like to know what I did wrong. I tried once by just loading G3M and dialing the Jared body morph. I tried another time by loading G3M and zeroing him and then dialing the Jared body morph. Both times I get the same list of stuff in the save modified assets dialog.

However, these steps work and I could use my saved scene subset to dial in the rest of Jared and bend his fingers without problems. Tomorrow I'll probably install the real update from the DIM.

Screenshot 2015-12-23 03.15.59.png
    599 x 282 - 15K
    Jared hand rigging fixed front.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 387K
    Jared hand rigging fixed back.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 300K
  • Try doing Edit>Restore>Restore figure to make sure everything is in its base state before saving. I will just give that a try myself now, I didn't have time to check the results throughout so I hadn't tried saving my copy (of course we will get this sorted and an official update will be released).

• OK, the issue is that the settings in the basic Genesis 3 Male.duf are not the defaults in the .dsf file, so even a palin G3M will try to add those to Save Modified Assets. I can remove the navel and mouth realism entries by using Parameter Settings to set their default to 0, but I'm not sure what is triggering the base figure to show as modified. For now I'd stick with plan A - just save a Sceen Subset with Jared.

• I saw an update on Jared 7.

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/23421/start

It seems to have fixed the issue...

Resolved Issues

• 2015-12-22 - Updated Full Body Morph with bone adjustments.

OK, the issue is that the settings in the basic Genesis 3 Male.duf are not the defaults in the .dsf file, so even a palin G3M will try to add those to Save Modified Assets. I can remove the navel and mouth realism entries by using Parameter Settings to set their default to 0, but I'm not sure what is triggering the base figure to show as modified. For now I'd stick with plan A - just save a Sceen Subset with Jared.

I'm using DS 4.8.0.59. I uninstalled and  reinstalled Genesis 3 Male Starter Essentials with the DIM, in case I had accidently modified something. Then I loaded Genesis 3 Male  from Smart Content->Figures->People->Male->Real World. Then without touching anything else, I did Save As->Support Asset->Save Modified Assets... I still get G3M, Mouth and Navel in the list. Since you mentioned that G3M loads with settings other than what is in the DSF file, I looked at Genesis 3 Male.duf. Under modifiers I see "SkinBinding" as well as the mouth and navel settings. Is SkinBinding the thing that makes G3M show up in the modified assets list? How can anyone ever save modified assets for a G3M morph? How did Daz fix Jared?

Screenshot 2015-12-23 13.22.18.png
    599 x 282 - 15K
  • barbult said:

OK, the issue is that the settings in the basic Genesis 3 Male.duf are not the defaults in the .dsf file, so even a palin G3M will try to add those to Save Modified Assets. I can remove the navel and mouth realism entries by using Parameter Settings to set their default to 0, but I'm not sure what is triggering the base figure to show as modified. For now I'd stick with plan A - just save a Sceen Subset with Jared.

I'm using DS 4.8.0.59. I uninstalled and  reinstalled Genesis 3 Male Starter Essentials with the DIM, in case I had accidently modified something. Then I loaded Genesis 3 Male  from Smart Content->Figures->People->Male->Real World. Then without touching anything else, I did Save As->Support Asset->Save Modified Assets... I still get G3M, Mouth and Navel in the list. Since you mentioned that G3M loads with settings other than what is in the DSF file, I looked at Genesis 3 Male.duf. Under modifiers I see "SkinBinding" as well as the mouth and navel settings. Is SkinBinding the thing that makes G3M show up in the modified assets list? How can anyone ever save modified assets for a G3M morph? How did Daz fix Jared?

Yes, that is what I saw. Setting the mouth and navel morphs to default to 0 seems to match them to the base, and therefore not have them show as modified. If I knew which property was triggering G3M to show as modified that could also be changed. Daz may have had a clean .duf file (in fact I would expect they do, for development purposes) or they could have simply resaved the Jared morph file.

XpiderMan said:

I saw an update on Jared 7.

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/23421/start

It seems to have fixed the issue...

Resolved Issues

• 2015-12-22 - Updated Full Body Morph with bone adjustments.

Ha, I knew that would happen.

edited December 2015

I downloaded the Jared update and indeed, his finger bends have been fixed. That was extremely fast service, but Richard came to the rescue even faster with the DIY fix! In fact 3 of my recent help requests were fixed today, so I'm on a high!

I've been fiddling with Jared's Iray skin settings to tweak them more to my preferences. Here he is. This is the Jared morph dialed in at 100% and his nipple morph applied. I did some minor postwork in Photoshop for sharpening, etc.

Jared 100% skin mod Iray PS Crop.jpg
    1335 x 1335 - 921K
    Post edited by barbult on
  • Testing6790Testing6790 Posts: 1,091

What is the hair on the promo image?

• What is the hair on the promo image?

Fraser Hair is used on the Jared promos.