Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 2

Comments

• RarethRareth Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

bigh said:
    I have 7Pro installed. Moved the second island further away. Changed the ocean. Added a sand ground plane... I think I lost in the ocean somewhere... I shrunk the rocks and changed the sky. Looks like i'm too far away from the front island. When I find the sand ground pane and get it to render, I'll post both pictures.

use the TAB key to move from obj to obj - it will have red outline

Did that. But apparently my mousing skills aren't up to moving the objects slightly up and down so that the island has sand and the ocean is just below that. I even zoomed in closer so I could make better adjustments.

I did manage to get the sand just below the ocean, so part of the ocean looked sandy or maybe a large sand bar/shallow area under part of it. But cannot get the sand to form a beach on the island.

I'll get the hang of it.

Went last minute present shopping earleir today, going to go out to eat and relax.

hold down the ALT key when moving with the mouse to move in smaller increments.

edited December 1969

another abstract, this time with more HDRI

abstract4.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 1M
    edited December 1969

not quite sure where I went wrong with this, might be because the tutorial was for a much older version of Bryce..

Behold! this is your brain on Bryce..

brainwork.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 2M
  • GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@Roland: That keeps on getting better. The cloth and coins add a whole different atmosphere to the image. Real nice.

@Rareth: Your last two images remind me of a time in art class where we took different colored crayons and covered a piece of paper. We then took a black crayon and completely covered those colors. Then the end of a paper clip was used to scratch off the black crayon revealing what color was below. Still, that first image is really interesting. And the second one is exactly how I've sometimes felt working with Bryce. Nice job.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,069
    edited December 1969

Rareth said:
    I found another abstract tutorial, something about materials can be both 100% reflective and 100% transparent in bryce.

Yeah - Bryce can do a couple of weird, outlandish things. Things, those going for pure reality will never discover. Doing abstracts is fun, there's so many permutations and possibilities.
    edited December 1969

Roland4 said:
    The king's treasury

Your treasury comes nicely together.
  • Roland4Roland4 Posts: 0
    edited December 2012

Thank´s all.

For where there are interested.:

The models itself come from 3drender.com (Lighting Challenges). I bought the book "Lighting & Rendering". There are many more scene who give you an idea and possibility. The models are without textures or materials, you must doit yourself.

Post edited by Roland4 on
    edited December 1969

Rareth said:
    not quite sure where I went wrong with this, might be because the tutorial was for a much older version of Bryce..

Behold! this is your brain on Bryce..

Reminds me of http://www.bryce5.com/details.php?image_id=4665 which I did a good year ago.

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 2012

More greenery... this time, just some material tests on another leaf shape.

The two outer ones take advantage of the meta-balls ability to blend different materials into each other, the two inner ones were converted from meta-balls to a mesh before the application of the material and lost a lot of there smooth shape in the process, so I've had to disguise that roughness somewhat by adding materials with plenty of bump.

Leaf-Mats.jpg
    600 x 400 - 160K
    Post edited by Dave Savage on
  • JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited December 1969

"Things, those going for pure reality will never discover."

No, not really...I'm a regular reality-type image contributor, but have discovered doing abstracts in Bryce - all turned out unique and surprising in the end. However, I feel the 'control' required for 'reality' type works (renders) much more challenging rather than the lack thereof for abstract.

Jay

edited December 1969

Jamahoney said:
    However, I feel the 'control' required for 'reality' type works (renders) much more challenging rather than the lack thereof for abstract.

Jay

This is, of course, correct. What I meant is that Bryce can be fun beyond the ordinary (though the ordinary can be quite challenging).

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited December 1969

Ah yes, Horo...apologies for the misunderstanding. I think with the abstract you're never quite sure how it's going to turn out, and so that's the fun side and surprise. With the reality types you sort of know how it will look from the start, so less fun, and boring, too, I guess, as finalising such works take that little bit longer. Bryce, cenrtainly, though, bridges the divide between the two types - always a good thing.

Jay

edited December 1969

Roland4 said:
    Thank´s all.

For where there are interested.:

The models itself come from 3drender.com (Lighting Challenges). I bought the book "Lighting & Rendering". There are many more scene who give you an idea and possibility. The models are without textures or materials, you must doit yourself.

I have that in Kindle format, still reading through it, I've been to 3drender.com one of the Cararra tutorials I did last year had the fruit bowl from there.

edited December 1969

Rareth said:

I have that in Kindle format, still reading through it, I've been to 3drender.com one of the Cararra tutorials I did last year had the fruit bowl from there.

The book is very good. I have learned many from it.

edited December 1969

Roland4 said:
    Rareth said:

The book is very good. I have learned many from it.

well I have requested hard copy for Christmas from the Wife, along with the HDRI handbook 2.0

this is another great site with information on lighting and hdri

http://www.hdrlabs.com/news/index.php

edited December 2012

got the Fruit Bowl scene into bryce, working on mats right now, only light source is the sun, atmosphere turned off.. sky and ground plane are set to black.

the cloth drape needs more smoothing, and I can't get Bryce to do it, I might drop it from the scene and just do the fruit plate on a table instead..

Bryce-Fruit.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 501K
    Post edited by Rareth on
    edited December 1969

well bugger.. I need to go through and regroup all the objects, as there is no heirarchy at all after being pulled into bryce. this is going to require patience and lots of coffee

edited December 1969

The Fruit Bowl was my first scene i do from this book but with Carrara. I want try it with Bryce again.

edited December 1969

ok the Orange looks pretty good, and the apple is not to bad, the peaches might get changed to plums, as I don't have a way to do the fuzz on them, and I'm still digging through mats for a better plate material,

Bryce-Fruit2.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 531K
    edited December 1969

Your Fruit Bowl looks good but the frontside is a little to dark, maybe a fill light left side from the camera.

edited December 1969

Roland4 said:
    Your Fruit Bowl looks good but the frontside is a little to dark, maybe a fill light left side from the camera.

only have the sun lighting it right now, and testing it with TA renders as I go (4 rpp). the cloth is drivnig me nuts, I was hoping to add some displacement to it to try and fix those weird shadows its got, but Bryce keeps crashing. I might try pulling the cloth into Wings3d and subdividing it there and see how that goes.

edited December 1969

Rareth said:

the cloth is drivnig me nuts, I was hoping to add some displacement to it to try and fix those weird shadows

Have you try more smooth the cloth ?

edited December 1969

Roland4 said:
    Rareth said:

the cloth is drivnig me nuts, I was hoping to add some displacement to it to try and fix those weird shadows

Have you try more smooth the cloth ?

yes I did, I'm either doing something wrong, or its as smooth as bryce can make it..

either way, I changed the cloth to one I did in Carrara.

new cloth, TA lighting, still not happy with the peaches

bryce-fruit3.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 387K
    edited December 1969

I have download the scene and have the same problem. Only if i disable the sun shadow solve the problem.

edited December 1969

Roland4 said:
    I have download the scene and have the same problem. Only if i disable the sun shadow solve the problem.

I think I'll stick wtih my Carrara draped cloth, simple plane converted to softbody in Carrara then draped over a box using the physics simulation features. (note* I have Carrara 8 pro)

edited December 1969

Reduce the sun/moon shadows solve the problem too/good.

ShadowProblem.jpg
    185 x 98 - 24K
  • kiwi_ggkiwi_gg Posts: 198
    edited December 1969

You could try Rashad's velvet textures for the peaches perhaps? Not sure where to find them at the moment and am about to go to work, will see where i got them later.

Cheers
    GG

edited December 1969

kiwi_gg said:
    You could try Rashad's velvet textures for the peaches perhaps? Not sure where to find them at the moment and am about to go to work, will see where i got them later.

Cheers
    GG

I'll have to see if its in the pro content or not.. meanwhile I've got bananas

bryce-fruit4.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 397K
    edited December 1969

Wow, cool.

edited December 2012

Sorry, but here is a picture to laugh.

LeBeau2.jpg
    750 x 562 - 81K
    Post edited by Roland4 on
This discussion has been closed.