Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 2

Comments

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

I'm flattered (I think) to know that my renders could possibly be worthy of Coke Christmas ads. :-)

But as Gretsch never sent me a free guitar when I did my Gretsch renders, I'm certainly not going to advertise Coke unless they pay up front. :lol:

• eireann.sgeireann.sg Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I'm flattered (I think) to know that my renders could possibly be worthy of Coke Christmas ads. :-)

But as Gretsch never sent me a free guitar when I did my Gretsch renders, I'm certainly not going to advertise Coke unless they pay up front. :lol:

Coke is a very unhealthy drink. Nobody should ever buy that, or Pepsi or.
    People should avoid drinks rich in sugar or its 0 Calorie replacement Aspartame.
  • RarethRareth Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

People should avoid drinks rich in sugar or its 0 Calorie replacement Aspartame.

sugar there is no sugar in coke or pepsi, its High Fructrose corn syrup..

Aspartame is evil, gives me the same headache MSG does.

edited December 1969

Rareth said:

sugar there is no sugar in coke or pepsi, its High Fructrose corn syrup..

Aspartame is evil, gives me the same headache MSG does. Maybe in the USA, but here they are not so stupid to put HFCS into drinks.
    Right. fructose is no sugar, its a salt. :) :D
    The problem with HFCS is that it gives you calories without making you feel full.

• Rashad CarterRashad Carter Posts: 1,799
    edited December 1969

I'm no expert but I feel certain sugar is itself a carcinogen. Sugar itself can cause cancer. Afterall, the RNA and DNA molecules are merely highly complex sugar molecules, if you could taste DNA it would taste sweet.

They have even found clouds of simple sugars in space, a clue that some of the biological compounds we need for life could have been formed in these clouds of simple sugars carbon bond.

Anyhow, all this to say that I doubt there will ever be a truly safe sugar alternative. Aspertame and all the other sugar wanna-bes are bad, they have to be, how could they NOT be.

So for me, I use only real sugar. To heck with all the man made substitutes, I dont trust them. At least I know for sure sugar will kill me.

They say that if you drink a single 8oz soda every day for a year that you consume the equivalent of a 50lb bag of sugar!!!!!!! Imagine the work it takes for your poor internal organs to filter than much sugar out of your system? Not to consider all the other stuff we consume. The best thing a person can do is drink TONS of water to aid the internal organs at filtering out the garbage we put in. But then global warming threatens our fresh water supply (polar ice caps melt into salinated water making it no longer fresh.) They say fresh water will be the issue that bring nations to their knees in the upcoming century. So maybe we should drink all the soda we can before we run out of water to wash it all down!!!!

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

My body needs sugar.
    I am sure of that!
    LOL

• GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@Dave: Those two images are really cute, and nicely done. I never thought of a Coke commercial for them, but I see how it could happen. Actually, I was expecting to see a seal pop out of the water in the second one.

@Geroblue: When you have a long shot like you have in the sand ground image, it's usually to let other objects in the scene be seen. If you move the camera in, as you've done in the second image, you'll get a better balanced scene. You're got the idea in the second image, and it might look even better if you move your camera in more so that the island on the left and the rock on the right are right at the outer edge of the camera lens. Doing this will make the green island look bigger and help balance the entire scene.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,124
    edited December 1969

But then, oxygen is highly poisonous. This is what makes us old and kills us eventually. However, without oxygen, life would be very much shorter.

edited December 1969

I'm no expert but I feel certain sugar is itself a carcinogen. Sugar itself can cause cancer. Afterall, the RNA and DNA molecules are merely highly complex sugar molecules, if you could taste DNA it would taste sweet.

They have even found clouds of simple sugars in space, a clue that some of the biological compounds we need for life could have been formed in these clouds of simple sugars carbon bond.

Anyhow, all this to say that I doubt there will ever be a truly safe sugar alternative. Aspertame and all the other sugar wanna-bes are bad, they have to be, how could they NOT be.

So for me, I use only real sugar. To heck with all the man made substitutes, I dont trust them. At least I know for sure sugar will kill me.

They say that if you drink a single 8oz soda every day for a year that you consume the equivalent of a 50lb bag of sugar!!!!!!! Imagine the work it takes for your poor internal organs to filter than much sugar out of your system? Not to consider all the other stuff we consume. The best thing a person can do is drink TONS of water to aid the internal organs at filtering out the garbage we put in. But then global warming threatens our fresh water supply (polar ice caps melt into salinated water making it no longer fresh.) They say fresh water will be the issue that bring nations to their knees in the upcoming century. So maybe we should drink all the soda we can before we run out of water to wash it all down!!!!

No, DNA has only a small part of sugars in it called ribose, but it is the nucleotides that build the code.
    There are even sugars that dont taste sweet, others cant be digested. Also starch is sugar or cellulose and you dont want to say cellulose tastes sweet or starch.
    Sugar are also calories. You have to use up what you consume. If not you become fat.
  • JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited December 1969

C’mon, Dave...own-up; where are the Coke subliminal images? Gasping for a cold one right now :)

Jay

edited December 2012

Horo said:
    But then, oxygen is highly poisonous. This is what makes us old and kills us eventually. However, without oxygen, life would be very much shorter.
    Well, everything is poisonous. It just depends on the dosage.
    Formaldehyde also causes cancer, but they gave these poor rats so much of it. I compare it with giving a human every day 10 l of orange juice to drink.With that amount of orange juice given every day a human will also die in a short time. Maybe its time to put orange juice on the list of toxic and carcinogenic chemicals :)
    Post edited by eireann.sg on
    edited December 1969

Horo said:
    Formaldehyde also causes cancer, but they gave these poor rats so much of it. I compare it with giving a human every day 10 l of orange juice to drink.With that amount of orange juice given every day a human will also die in a short time. Maybe its time to put orange juice on the list of toxic and carcinogenic chemicals :)

too much of anything is bad for you. how much is too much depends on the item in question. sugar isn't BAD for you, your body needs it, glucose fuels the brain, too much however leads to weight gain, diabetes, gout, etc.

Processed food are bad because all the preservatives are not really good for you, and alot of the nutritious substances have been removed. (white flour is the worst, your body breaks it down to simple sugars faster than regular sugar, and you don't get the nutrients and fibers you get from real whole wheat fours.)

that DiHydrogen-MonoOxide stuff is particulary nasty http://www.dhmo.org/
    :)

• LordHardDrivenLordHardDriven Posts: 937
    edited December 2012

Rareth said:

too much of anything is bad for you.

Thank you for making this point. It really irritates me when I see things villified as evil when the truth of the matter is people need to practice more self control. "No you're not a lazy couch potato laying around getting fat by stuffing your face with bon bons while watching reruns on TV. It's that evil sugar's fault, if only there were no sugar in the world. Oh and fetch me a diet coke to wash down this extra large double extra cheese and bacon pizza I'm eating by myself, afterall I do need to watch my weight"

Post edited by LordHardDriven on
    edited December 1969

This is what really annoys me about the regularly proposed and erroneously named 'Fat Taxes' when politicians call for a tax on supposedly fattening foods because they make people fat.

Well sorry but it's not fattening food that makes people fat, the only reason for being fat is that your input is more than your output.
    Sure, tax fat people, don't make us thin people pay more for our food because some lazy people can't be assed going for a walk every now and then!

[Rant over]

• LordHardDrivenLordHardDriven Posts: 937
    edited December 2012

This is what really annoys me about the regularly proposed and erroneously named 'Fat Taxes' when politicians call for a tax on supposedly fattening foods because they make people fat.

Well sorry but it's not fattening food that makes people fat, the only reason for being fat is that your input is more than your output.
    Sure, tax fat people, don't make us thin people pay more for our food because some lazy people can't be assed going for a walk every now and then!

[Rant over]

Well see now that's kind of a different matter, it's not really about taxing things because they're unhealthy and the nice tax man wants to make you healthy by making that bad fattening food more expensive. What the tax man really wants is to increase a steady stream of revenue under the guise of doing it for the public good. Just like he already did with cigarettes and alcohol. These things get picked because they know most people have little self control and/or are addicted so taxing these things guarentees the tax revenue to keep rolling in no matter what. Cigarettes are a great example. In some places here in the US a carton of cigarettes is almost $100 yet people still buy them. Now supposedly these taxes are to offset the burden these unhealthy things place on the cost of medical care, yet inspite of all the new tax money medical care costs are rising as fast as ever. If the government was really so concerned about people's health and well being as they try to claim when imposing such taxes, they would just ban them. I mean they want to go so far as to put very graphic images of what cigarettes can do to you on the packages so people won't buy them, well here's a news flash for all the government officials, if it isn't on the store shelves they can't buy them. What? But then you would lose all that tax money? I thought you wanted to help the people?

Quick we better render up a plate of greasy food with Uncle Sam looking at it with dollar signs in his eyes before someone gripes about us going off topic. :)

Post edited by LordHardDriven on
    edited December 1969

As Aureolus Philippus Theophrastus Bombastus ab Hohenheim dictus Paracelsus used to say some 500 years ago: "The dose makes the poison". Probably the most intelligent remark.

• GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

The food police can impose whatever taxes they like in trying to keep people healthy; which I don't think is their job--another subject, another time. For all the taxes they impose, for all the talk they talk about being healthy, they can't prevent what occurs to all of us at some point. It's part of life. You can be the most healthy person in the world and one day you will die. You can be the most unhealthy person in the world and one day you will die. It's life, inescapable.

But if you're healthy, the argument goes, you'll life longer. Nice argument but if the healthiest person in the world has their nose buried in their smart phone and steps off the curb without looking, it's likely they'll become another part of the pavement. Being healthy does not guarantee long life, just as being unhealthy guarantees a short life.

But there is one thing for sure. Someone, somewhere, believes it their destiny to make sure people eat only what they believe should be eaten. And will do whatever they deem necessary to make it happen. Including taxing those things they deem unhealthy. After all, they want to get paid too.

**soap box ends**

edited December 1969

Amen (I like the 2nd paragraph most).

edited December 2012

And back on Topic (Mmmm.... Topic)

Some replicated meta-balls, stretched, re-sized and rotated to make some stalk like thingies... just for the vegetarians!

Organic.jpg
    800 x 800 - 167K
    Post edited by Dave Savage on
    edited December 1969

Off topic or on topic? Great modelling.

edited December 2012

on topic.. hmmm er.. I haven't done much in bryce recently.. the physics simualtion capabilities of Blender have been occupying my bryce time..

splash.png
    960 x 540 - 231K
    Post edited by Rareth on
  • Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 846
    edited December 1969

GussNemo said:
    @electro: That's a mighty fine looking knife. Nice job.

@GussNemo: Thank you very much.

@Jamahoney: Nice modelling

@tpstigers: Interesting scene. Where is this river?

@Horo: Bombastus - Great first name, a bit dated maybe, but I love it

@TheSavage64: Nicely done, though I would not eat it, a least cooked only.

@Rareth: Bryce with physical simulation capabilities would be great. But I were already satisfied with a simple bevel function. sigh

edited December 2012

@TheSavage64: Nicely done, though I would not eat it, a least cooked only.

Maybe not eat it, but you'd have no trouble cutting it down with that fine looking knife you modelled... presuming you're talking about the plant stalk looking thingy and not the polar bear. :)
    Post edited by Dave Savage on
    edited December 1969

Rareth said:
    Horo said:

too much of anything is bad for you. how much is too much depends on the item in question. sugar isn't BAD for you, your body needs it, glucose fuels the brain, too much however leads to weight gain, diabetes, gout, etc.

Processed food are bad because all the preservatives are not really good for you, and alot of the nutritious substances have been removed. (white flour is the worst, your body breaks it down to simple sugars faster than regular sugar, and you don't get the nutrients and fibers you get from real whole wheat fours.)

that DiHydrogen-MonoOxide stuff is particulary nasty http://www.dhmo.org/
    :)Lets better say whole grain food.
    Even whole meal means that the grains are crushed and release the sugars much faster than whole grain products.
    I never heard whole wheat. Besides: Many cant take wheat and they dont even know it. Many are sensitive to gluten and a lot of doctors fail to diagnose it.
    Yes, That Dihydrogen monoxide stuff can kill you. :)

edited December 1969

[Rant over]

Its like with the cigarettes. Smoking isnt healthy and it comes with a disgusting stench. So, Governments invented tobacco taxes to bring people away from smoking.
    Actually they knew people wont stop so easily because they are addicted. So, It has become a good source of revenue for the governments and no government would put a ban on tobacco sales in place. It would hurt their coffers.
    Same for fat. People get addicted to fatty food. They cant do without because it gives then a good feeling. Actually it should be easy to say yes to healthier food and no to too much fat but it isnt.
    BTW: a fat free diet would lead to depressions.
    edited December 1969

Yes, indeed, it's nothing more than a dishonest way to screw more money out of people.
    It's why I tend toward the black economy... it hasn't suffered the same misfortune as the one controlled by politicians... and of course, my smokes are a lot cheaper too.

edited December 1969

[Rant over]

Its like with the cigarettes. Smoking isnt healthy and it comes with a disgusting stench. So, Governments invented tobacco taxes to bring people away from smoking.
    Actually they knew people wont stop so easily because they are addicted. So, It has become a good source of revenue for the governments and no government would put a ban on tobacco sales in place. It would hurt their coffers.
    Same for fat. People get addicted to fatty food. They cant do without because it gives then a good feeling. Actually it should be easy to say yes to healthier food and no to too much fat but it isnt.

not to mention you need a certain ammount of fat in your diet anyway.

edited December 1969

Rareth said:

[Rant over]

not to mention you need a certain amount of fat in your diet anyway.In Europe or even the US you can still buy Hemp seeds, and they are even inside the bird food.
    Eat a hand full of crushed hemp seeds every day and you get the best fat there is. Hemp seeds are very high in Omega 3 fats. Even higher than flax seeds. This kind of food is even promoted on the Dr Oz show. So, it should be safe.

edited December 1969

On Topic.. Resistance is Futile.

borgcube.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 151K
    edited December 1969

something quick and random, and not to bad actually,

hostile-land.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 868K
This discussion has been closed.