Back to Mixin' and Mashin - Environments [Commercial]

FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,220
edited June 2012 in The Commons

"Still mixin' and mashin' " thread . Link to the FirstBastion product page is in the signature down below.

This thread is dedicated to environmental creativity. Not only Firstbastion products but any kitbashing creations of the environment and prop variety. Have at it.

Resurrection of the thread in the now archived old forum, that started out as a contest thread and produced some wonderfully creative pieces of art.

http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=185418&start=320

Unfortunately the posted images are not showing up in the old thread. Might do some reposting of the images along the way. If you all want to repost some of your images that be great.

Post edited by FirstBastion on

Comments

• cosmo71cosmo71 Posts: 3,609
    edited December 1969

okay, I mix and match :) here is a result of some of your products mixed up :)

the_rite_small.jpg
    800 x 800 - 161K
  • LoaarLoaar Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Still mixin' and mashin'

Resurrection of the thread in the now archived old forum, that started out as a contest thread and produced some wonderfully creative pieces of art.

Unfortunately the posted images are not showing up in the old thread. Might do some reposting of the images along the way. If you all want to repost some of your images that be great.

Is Breaking Waves a new product or have I somehow missed it?

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610
    edited December 1969

Loaar said:
    Still mixin' and mashin'

Is Breaking Waves a new product or have I somehow missed it?

I do not think it is released yet.

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,220
    edited December 1969

Breaking Waves will be available here at DAZ, though I'm reluctant to use the "s" word, but it's done and ready, so hopefully very s_ _ _ !

• LoaarLoaar Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Breaking Waves will be available here at DAZ, though I'm reluctant to use the "s" word, but it's done and ready, so hopefully very s_ _ _ !

Looks great. Instant buy.

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,649
    edited December 1969

Just playing with the big rock and road scene I mashed together (and the fog camera.)

:-)

foggymorning.jpg
    800 x 400 - 113K
    edited December 1969

Great scene, very cinematic. The red in the rock could suggest the Australian outback perhaps. Love the reflections off the 1950's car.

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited May 2012

Ok, FB! Here's a render were I used the waterfalls-prop item you made a long time ago.

I even converted to SubD some of the rocks to smooth them out a bit. Added more bump, played with the UberEnvironment2 light setup with one directional raytraced light, and this is the result. Ohhh, I forgot to add that I used the Wet Body shader on the skin, and you might faintly see it (I wanted it to be subtle). One successful use of water-on-skin render from me. :ohh:

Edit. You can get to the original picture at my flickr-page(s), in this instant here:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/norse_graphics/7225017964/in/photostream

7225017964_884c69d363_c.jpg
    640 x 800 - 364K
    Post edited by Norse Graphics on
    edited December 1969

Luci45 said:
    Just playing with the big rock and road scene I mashed together (and the fog camera.)

:-)

the scene is nice but the reflection of the red car is incredible...that car looks so damn real...thumbs up.

edited December 1969

where is that road from?

edited December 1969

Ok, FB! Here's a render were I used the waterfalls-prop item you made a long time ago.

I even converted to SubD some of the rocks to smooth them out a bit. Added more bump, played with the UberEnvironment2 light setup with one directional raytraced light, and this is the result. Ohhh, I forgot to add that I used the Wet Body shader on the skin, and you might faintly see it (I wanted it to be subtle). One successful use of water-on-skin render from me. :ohh:

Edit. You can get to the original picture at my flickr-page(s), in this instant here:

just was on your flickr page :lol: that one with the gorilla on the bike with this turtle-helmet made me laugh out loud :lol:

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

cosmo71 said:

just was on your flickr page :lol: that one with the gorilla on the bike with this turtle-helmet made me laugh out loud :lol:

Which was the purpose. I made a post in the Stupid-thread with that one. :)

edited December 1969

I had a look at the turtle helmet bike rider, too funny! I also liked the ultra modern "Bridge too far" Your swimmer pic turned out well. Nicely done.

edited December 1969

cosmo71 said:
    where is that road from?

I used your idea of changing the texture on the side of the road of Jack Tomalin's Curious Bus. Then I made a very large rocky environment with lots of FBs stuff. I think it has 4 sections of road.

The car reflection looks pretty cool, but not planned. Used one of Dreamlight's skydomes and Simply Lit UE with HDRI. And one directional light.

edited December 1969

Anyone know if the curious bus was part of a extravaganza bundle or pack?

edited December 1969

I had posted this image on the last day of the old forum, so I figured might as well repost it here. Technically not a mix and mash yet, but I'm certain it will eventually mix up with something. :-)

origimage_1_3416416.jpg
    500 x 650 - 309K
    edited December 1969

A lot of Curious stuff was in bundles a few years ago I think, for PC anniversary sale. I wasn't a member then so I wasn't paying attention to which items.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,247
    edited December 1969

So where does that Breaking Waves environment live? Is it an add-on material set for the rolling plains set, or something new?

edited December 1969

Breaking Waves is a standalone product and will be available here at DAZ .

breakingwaves.jpg
    500 x 650 - 351K
  • LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited December 1969

is breaking waves out yet?

edited May 2012

Not yet. It was into DAZ QA well before the store change over, and is now lost in the deep dark abyss of an ocean's trench apparently. :coolmad: :)

edited December 1969

bummer, was really looking forward to this one, i have Plesiosaurs that need a place to swim and this looks perfect for them

edited December 1969

went looking for it because of the sale.... but its not out yet :(

edited December 1969

Well we did a bit of digging and have figured out what happened to the poor sucker, and surprisingly, that image above of the helicopter rescue is not that far off. Hopefully it'll make it back to the Daz mainland shortly.

OT there's been a switch in the thread ordering, took a few minutes to find that this thread moved from page 3 to page 8

edited December 1969

yayyyyyy

edited June 2012

sorry, sale is over.

edited December 1969

I didn't miss it, the thing I wanted wasn't in it, wasn't even in the store lol

edited December 1969

Not to worry, if and when Breaking Waves ever gets released it'll have a decent intro special price.

edited December 1969

Not to worry, if and when Breaking Waves ever gets released it'll have a decent intro special price.

but only if they find it LoL :lol:

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,247
    edited December 1969

And we can *see* it. It took most of a week for the Fantasy Bath to show up in the store so you could see it.