Back to Mixin' and Mashin - Environments [Commercial]

2»

Comments

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,219
    edited June 2012

I figured I'd do a little mashup while waiting. I placed the breaking waves in the foreground of Jack's Lighthouse.

reality_lighthouse4-skycloudfog.jpg
    500 x 650 - 218K
    Post edited by FirstBastion on
    edited December 1969

cosmo71 said:
    Not to worry, if and when Breaking Waves ever gets released it'll have a decent intro special price.

but only if they find it LoL :lol:

I did find your Cheyenne Village render in Jack's thread, hope you decide to add it here too, since it makes good use of Hilly Surround. I'm intrigued by the panoramic version you described.

• LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited December 1969

still no breaking waves

after this one comes out will there be any expansions or a continuation of the theme? breaking waves followed by breaking wind :coolsmirk:

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,246
    edited December 1969

It's out! No intro price showing, but the standard price (if that's what it is) is nicely affordable.

edited June 2012

Thanks JOdel, the price should be even better, and because I think this prop is pretty useful, I wanted to keep it as affordable as possible for everyone.

Breaking Waves is live in store now, finally, but please note someone will need to fix the "what's included" tab on the product page, because there is only one texture set included with the 3D models. I sent an email to get it corrected.

Also if you use the "First Bastion’s Environments here at Daz" link in my signature line, it shows the intro discount for the product, though the Product page doesn't for whatever reason . Apparently the store is still going through some quirkiness.

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/new-releases/breaking-waves

edited December 1969

got it !!!

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,246
    edited December 1969

Oh nice. It shows at the intro price in my cart, so I'm happy. Water props are so awkward to use. Always ready to see if a different one will work out the way one wants them to.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Looks great, but much as I want to pop it into my cart, I'm not buying anything here until the store's fixed. How long is the intro sale for?

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,648
    edited December 1969

It was only $5 and change. Cool. I didn't have any trouble buying or downloading this time. Got lucky! :-)

edited December 1969

i really like the other textures in the promo spots. will they be released separately?

edited December 1969

That's DAZ Studio/Reality/Lux default water with a ripple amount set at 4-4.5 range.

edited December 1969

i meant the sand, snow and ice etc

edited June 2012

Oh, those are all standard procedural that shipped with the respective programs, so the Bryce ones are in the free Bryce7Pro, the Vue listed ones are from Vue 8 Frontier, so they are already available. Just wanted to show how versatile this particular landscape prop is.

Here's a promo of the waves with the morphable curls dialed back.

9-breakingPromo-boatwake1.jpg
    500 x 650 - 196K
    edited December 1969

having a lot of fun with this, finally i can do all those renders i have been dreaming of doing

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Got it.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,140
    edited December 1969

Going to get this wonderful set you did. Thanks for the nice price too. Won't be purchasing though until things have simmered down and evened out with the store. Don't care if it's on sale or not, it's a must have! :-)

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,648
    edited December 1969

Is the Breaking Waves product for DAZ Studio? if so, were the promos done in DAZ Studio?

Mine looks really weird, gray water, no matter how blue the sky dome is, and no transparency.

:ohh:

strangewaters.jpg
    700 x 700 - 178K
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,191
    edited December 1969

Looks as if you are using the Poser rather than DS version.

edited December 1969

Water doesn't have color, it is clear, it either reflects what is above it, or it refracts what is below it. Hence the reason the base is gray.

The key to decent looking water requires four components, reflection, refraction, opacity, and the lighting. Every different lighting setup will require an adjustment in the other three.
    Just based on what is posted, I'd reduce opacity to 45-50%, up reflection to atleast 85%, set refraction at 65% ( 1.33 refraction value) and try out your current lightset, see how it works. The other thing that will change the color of the water is the color of the darkdepth prop below the scene, changing its colour will be refracted into the water surface.

I'll be providing a small update for single click ds mats that use the same textures but with adjusted settings and a basic lightset. Expect that update very soon.

Please realize that this prop model was designed to be used with procedural textures in vue, poser, carrara, bryce etc. which all have their own water shaders for their programs. Now if you do want that most excellent DS/Reality/Lux water seen in some of the promos, then you have to use the Reality plugin.

edited December 1969

This is an example of the updated DS mats that will be available in your accounts soon. The update will also include an ambiance balanced lightset to enhance the look of the waves.

breakingdsmat800.jpg
    800 x 600 - 289K
    edited December 1969

Been a long time since I did a mix and mash writeup, but I did say I'd provide the details (this thread here http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/13573/ ) of mixing The Hidden Waterfalls with High Cliff Crossing, and I'm following through.

Since everything in HCC is parent to the bridge arch it is quite easy to select it and if you apply these translations it will fall into place. Then its just a question of removing or hiding the individual modular parts from the Waterfalls that are redundant. I then repositioned the mist planes and rotated them to face the camera.

MergeHW-HCCtrans.jpg
    252 x 606 - 51K
    hcchw.jpg
    1100 x 550 - 404K
    edited December 1969

so when is the next Mix n Match contest?

edited December 1969

Hey thanks for reminding me. Was just going through the old archive to remember what the set up was. Last year's contest ran through March and ended at the beginning of April. Time wise, I am open to starting it a bit sooner this year and spread out the prizes over a longer time frame giving people more chances to win. Also some people found the requirement a bit restrictive and since I want to open it up to more folks to participate I'll probably set up a mix and mash prize and a straight render prize. Details available shortly. I'll probably start a new thread.

Here's the link to last year' forum thread. http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=185418&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=220

Some of last years winners were:
    Flashback37
    LycanthropeX
    SabotsSnake
    Luci45
    Cosmo71
    scorpio64dragon

The archive load very slowly and the images don't load properly. So here's a partial recap.

winnerslastyear.jpg
    800 x 1944 - 421K
    SabotsSnake_2312972.jpg
    1600 x 872 - 497K
    LycanthropeX_1_3330467.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 371K
    Flashback37_1_3352491.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 444K
    edited December 1969

what was restrictive about the requirements? Use one of your products in a new and unusual way, any topic or theme.

Just got to get creative with your think box

edited December 1969

getting anxious

Lycan MASH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edited December 1969

In case notifications are working with the subscribed in this forum thread, here's the link to this year's mix and mash it up render contest.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/18493/

• cosmo71cosmo71 Posts: 3,609
    edited December 1969

okay here is a new one with rocks by first bastion :)

dx_deep_blue_2_-_Kopie.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 257K