SereneNight Freebie Poses for Genesis 3 Free for Commerical Use

Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,558
edited February 2017 in Freebies

This is my thread for free poses for Genesis 3

I am still learning but it appears I have a knack for making poses. So I want to share some free ones with you..

All poses are absolutely free for commercial use... no attribution required. Just don't compile them and sell them. K?

I'll upload the ink to this first page so you can easily find them.

Post edited by Serene Night on

Comments

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,558
    edited December 2016

My first pose is going to be for the performance snowmobile recently released. No poses are included for the driver so here will be a nice base pose to start you off.  The snowmobile is here

http//www.daz3d.com/Performance-snowmobile

These poses are freebie poses to use   with the Performance Snowmobile Freebie from DAZ studio. Poses include Poses usable for Michael 7 and Victoria 7 as drivers and passengers. Other Genesis 3 characters can be used but will require adjustments.  Hands are deliberatly slightly apart from the body to allow for clothing around the waist.  Feet will need to be adjusted depending on footwear and character height. These poses are truly free. No strings attached. Commercial and Personal use are fine. No attribution required. Enjoy.

Pose-snowmobile.JPG
    943 x 813 - 76K
    v7.JPG
    983 x 798 - 80K
    edited December 2016

Okay, and I have male and female Couples poses to Follow

female-couple.JPG
    864 x 800 - 84K
    men.JPG
    978 x 819 - 76K
    heterocouple.JPG
    999 x 835 - 94K
    heterocouple.2JPG.JPG
    1003 x 824 - 95K
  • SkelchSkelch Posts: 275

Thank you

• ConnaticConnatic Posts: 279

Thanks, this makes the snowmobile even better!

Glad you both like these! Bookmark my thread as there will be more to come!

• 3Ddreamer3Ddreamer Posts: 1,282

Thanks Serene Night, these are really useful :-)

• launoklaunok Posts: 778
    edited December 2016

Thank you for poses, but I have to use it on another type of snowmobile. I think I may have another one but not sure.  I have just checked to add performance snowmobile to my card but it's not free for me, it's offered for a lower price even at checkout. Was it free today?

Post edited by launok on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,922

It was free one day last week but I don't remember which day.

Very nice poses. Thanks.

edited December 2016
    launok said:

Thank you for poses, but I have to use it on another type of snowmobile. I think I may have another one but not sure.  I have just checked to add performance snowmobile to my card but it's not free for me, it's offered for a lower price even at checkout. Was it free today?

Sorry it isn't free for you. It may be a pc club freebie... It is showing free for me now still....it should work with adjustments on other types of vehicles.

In any case, I intend to make rider poses for most of the sets as I encounter sets without drivers and as time permits, so if these don't work perhaps others will.

IMG_1233.PNG
    1536 x 2048 - 2M
  • launoklaunok Posts: 778
    edited December 2016

Yes, it's probably a pc member freebie.  Anyways, thank you for making rider poses as it's not easy for me specially hands and finger poses. Are you going to make these poses for all versions of Genesis 1 - 3?  I use mostly Genesis 1 but I have all versions.

Post edited by launok on

Michael 7- Genesis 3 will be my focus since that's really all I use, and moslty male poses, althought if I can swing female version and it makes sense.... I will include them if I have the time. There is very little store content for men, and so much for the ladies, so thats my primary interest and focus. 

Male  poses will work just fine on the females anyway. They just won't be so sexy which is what I prefer.

I may make poses for creatures or aliens as well. Whatever generations those are made in.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,305
    edited December 2016
    launok said:

It is the regular weekly freebie. It should be free to PC+ member OR free to everybody with purchase unil Tuesday 27 December.

@ SereneNight.: Thanks for the poses. They should be really helpful.

Snowmobile.jpg
    958 x 737 - 92K
    Post edited by Charlie Judge on
    edited December 2016

Okay, my next pose set for Car Roland and Michael 7 has gone live. A pose is included for Car Roland in the set to resize it to fit Michael and to roll down the driver's window.There are no expressions in the set. Promo art is altered by me from base pose for a more pleasing render. Check out the red and green mannequin image to see what pose you are getting. Both driver and cop are Michael 7. This is important, because everything is sized to fit him. You can of course use other characters but you will need to do some adjusting. Enjoy.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/86864/view/21/DAZ-Studio/Traffic-Stop-Pose-Set-for-Michael-7-and-Car-Roland

pose preset image.JPG
    1043 x 812 - 60K
    Traffic Stop.jpg
    1800 x 1400 - 2M
  • shadowhawk1shadowhawk1 Posts: 2,186

Although I don't use G3 I want to thank you for your great freebies. I would like to be able to make my own poses for various scenes that I use repeatedly, Is there any change you could give a short presentation or tutorial I how to save poses for personal use or sharing? 

• GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,470

Thanks very much for the snowmobile poses.

edited December 2016

@shadowhawk:

Creating Pose Sets

1. Load base figure. Try to keep character at zero position unless the pose requires a specific location like a vehicle or is a couple pose.

2. Create a camera at default position

3. pose figure

4. if you are giving it away, I suggest putting some basic clothing on like shorts for men, bathing suit for women for taking screenshots. .Some sites have nudity restrictions. I take this further and also show any poses as red or green plastic figures.

5. double check how it looks at the default camera. Make sure the figure is standing on the ground by dropping him or her to floor. Sometimes the figures can move.

6. After you are satisfied, and like what you see in the viewport go to the file menu and save as pose preset.. Remember when you do that any image in your viewport will be the picture for the pose, so make sure the pose is clearly visible and shown to best advantage.

7. Save in a folder you can find again. I usually put them in the same folder as the figures and generation labeled *Wip

8. Create a new scene. Load a new base figure. Apply the pose. If it works, then you can either package it to give away or save it in your categories as no longer WIP.

9. To package the file use winzip/winrar. You can download one of mine as a sample to see the file structures.

10. Navigate to where you saved the file and grab the pose and the pose preview pic. Drag those into your Zip file.

*Cautions:

Do not include content made by others, or poses made by others or partial poses in sets you intend to give away. These things can include hand poses, face expressions, and partial poses.   I tend to not include facial expressions. Most people want to dial those anyway.

If you are giving it away, try not to customize character as this will distort the pose. I try to stick to base figure shapes.

Obviously if you are keeping your poses for personal use none of that applies.

Have fun!

@Greybro:

Nicely done! I am pleased that helped you make such a nice render.

@shadowhawk:

Creating Pose Sets

1. Load base figure. Try to keep character at zero position unless the pose requires a specific location like a vehicle or is a couple pose.

2. Create a camera at default position

3. pose figure

4. if you are giving it away, I suggest putting some basic clothing on like shorts for men, bathing suit for women.Some sites have nudity restrictions.

5. double check how it looks at the default camera. Make sure the figure is standing on the ground by dropping him or her to floor. Sometimes the figures can move.

6. After you are satisfied, and like what you see in the viewport go to the file menu and save as pose preset.

7. Save in a folder you can find again. I usually put them in the same folder as the figures and generation labeled *Wip

8. Create a new scene. Load a new base figure. Apply the pose. If it works, then you can either package it to give away or save it in your categories as no longer WIP.

9. To package the file use winzip/winrar. You can download one of mine as a sample to see the file structures.

10. Navigate to where you saved the file and grab the pose and the pose preview pic. Drag those into your Zip file.

*Cautions:

Do not include expressions made by others, or poses made by others or partial poses in sets you intend to give away.

If you are giving it away, try not to customize character as this will distort the pose. I try to stick to base figure shapes.

WOW that was easier than I figured. I used to make my own textures and package them for Poser freebies, I am trying to come up with a way to keep some of my more widely used poses for Gen2F/M I create for myself. I really appreciate you taking the time to detail the steps needed. You are really awesome. Thank you again for your generosity! heart

I edited my post with a few more tips. Good luck and happy pose making! =-)

I edited my post with a few more tips. Good luck and happy pose making! =-)

Thanks for the added tips, I maytry to share and see what the downloads say whether I will keep offering them or just make them for myself.

• RedzRedz Posts: 1,459

Great poses, thank you.

edited December 2016

My new Pose set will be for DAZ's great Santa. I know it is a little late for Christmas this year... But maybe next year...Should work for Redz Santa too... This is just a preview.

Too bad Santa has no sack... Or snowy roof top...But... Maybe by next year someone will model those.

Here are:

1. Santa descending chimney

2. Merry christmas... Or feeding the birds

3. Santa Belly Laughing.

I'll have it finished in a couple of days. Enjoy the preview.

santa2.JPG
    740 x 844 - 118K
    santa3.JPG
    749 x 845 - 118K
    santa.JPG
    738 x 862 - 119K
    edited December 2016

Here are 3 more. 

1. Santa Feeding the wild things

2. Santa Holding a toy

3. Santa traveling back up the chimney by placing his finger at the side of his nose.

feedingBirds.JPG
    713 x 814 - 104K
    holdingtoy.JPG
    710 x 815 - 107K
    backupchimney.JPG
    696 x 796 - 102K
  • 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

Awesome! Thank you! :D

Do you know how to do "mirror poses"? I've not been able to figure out how to do that. Sometimes I find a GREAT pose but it's like backwards from what I need. I know that there is a way to create mirror poses but I don't know how. Do you know how?

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,118

There is a Santa Sack freebie here. Find the link in the first post of the thread. It is a nice one. I used it as a burlap bag in my RRRR entry by retexturing it.

edited December 2016

Awesome! Thank you! :D

Do you know how to do "mirror poses"? I've not been able to figure out how to do that. Sometimes I find a GREAT pose but it's like backwards from what I need. I know that there is a way to create mirror poses but I don't know how. Do you know how?

The answer is kinda. It depends on how the pose is made. It is made without certain pose controls you can use symmetry to reverse it. Symmetry doesn't always recognize every pose control option well...I would advise not using it on my poses as it doesn't appear to work well.

1. Highlight character.

2. Make sure you are in the pose view

3. Shift-Y

4. In the symmetry tab, make sure your settings are like those below.

5. If your pose is not reversed you have to use the Bake to transforms option. I'm honestly not sure how to use that yet. I'll have to ask.

Prior to making my own poses, there were some pa's who made a pose reverse script that I used. Now that I make my own poses I don't use others stuff in my sets. As soon as I understand the bake to transforms option, I'll post here. I just have to ask about it and it isn't something that I find intuitive.

Capture.JPG
    346 x 482 - 34K
    barbult said:

There is a Santa Sack freebie here. Find the link in the first post of the thread. It is a nice one. I used it as a burlap bag in my RRRR entry by retexturing it.

Wow! I'll have to check that out and read the licensing.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,118
    barbult said:

Wow! I'll have to check that out and read the licensing.

I don't see any license per se. Since it came from Daz, maybe it has the same license as other store products. You could submit a help request and ask, I guess.

• 3Ddreamer3Ddreamer Posts: 1,282

These look great. If you ar still working on them how about a Santa sitting (on a primiative cube if your want) - I tried it with that outfit coat wouldn't behave, but I've no idea if it was just me