Look at my Hair: official thread [Commercial] RELEASED!

Comments

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

Give a mohawk to that last one! In red!

• CymbidiumCymbidium Posts: 213
    edited December 1969

Wow - I love those crocs!! :-)

• Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,593
    edited December 1969

As from the blog:

"More work on the Mammuth
    I had to make new movies for the "Making the Mammuth" tutorial movies, and so I decided to do some renders.
    Here is a new render done in Studio 4.5 and a "ice age" composition.
    I think tomorrow I'll be able to upload the movies, in my opinion are really worth a look."

mammuth_new_render_800.jpg
    800 x 606 - 178K
    mammuth_in_the_snow_800.jpg
    800 x 606 - 413K
    edited December 1969

SQUEEEE.

I just... I just ABSOLUTELY love that shaggy beast.

• Fille123Fille123 Posts: 44
    edited December 1969

Hah, the caimans are cool... :lol: We should submit the green one to the Great Intelligent Designer coz I'm sure it would be top for camouflage in the grass. %-P

edited December 1969

This will be most likely the last render I'll post for some days. I'm satisfied with the actual alpha version and I want to setup and start beta testing this coming week.

• BeaBea Posts: 743
    edited December 1969

This is looking so good :):)
    Now I have found the post :):) I was worried you had stopped posting here.

edited December 1969

If you guys are interested, here is the first movie about the "Making of the Mammoth"!

Link to Youtube movie (remember to watch it HD): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJ1Qlh4E184

edited December 1969

Mammoth looks amazing and I love that you can have more than one hair group - so versatile!! :)

• FaewolfFaewolf Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

amazing movie!

I'm sure that part of the reason you can go so fast is that you've been working on the system for a while but I'm still amazed at how easy you make it look to model the hair!

And i think that the great thing about this is that it truly will be easy since none of the actions you did looked very advanced (though I'm sure creating them were) but rather it was all, shorten hair here, move it there, taper down the legs, and done. Its an advanced system that so far looks like you dont need too much advanced knowledge to make it work.

Which is great because now that the tools aren't something crazy complex, getting realistic (or fantastic unrealistic) looks is not limited by how complicated the system is but only our own imagination :)

soooo cant wait for release! :D

edited December 1969

Cymbidium said:
    Mammoth looks amazing and I love that you can have more than one hair group - so versatile!! :)

Thank you!

edited December 1969

Faewolf said:
    amazing movie!

I'm sure that part of the reason you can go so fast is that you've been working on the system for a while but I'm still amazed at how easy you make it look to model the hair!

And i think that the great thing about this is that it truly will be easy since none of the actions you did looked very advanced (though I'm sure creating them were) but rather it was all, shorten hair here, move it there, taper down the legs, and done. Its an advanced system that so far looks like you dont need too much advanced knowledge to make it work.

Which is great because now that the tools aren't something crazy complex, getting realistic (or fantastic unrealistic) looks is not limited by how complicated the system is but only our own imagination :)

soooo cant wait for release! :D

Thanks Faewolf. It's true that by now I've lot of practice with it so I can use it at warp speed :-)
    But it's indeed very, extremely easy to use. As you wrote, the whole matter is just combing, cutting, scaling hair and take advantage of the deformers to style hair "globally".
    Tapering those is very useful in order to quickly scale hair along one axis, not to mention the curl and tilt deformers as well.
    When styling is done, one click on the export and it's done. I've put lot of care and efforts to make the interface and workflow very much user-friendly.
    In a few days we should enter beta-testing: I'll be very curious to hear the comments and user experience from them.

• JollyFatherJollyFather Posts: 3
    edited December 1969

Glad I found this thread (AGAIN!). Being lost in cyberspace after every DAZquake is taxing.

Great job so far Ale. The Caiman is just awesome. The other furry animals look great, also, but the Caiman just is out of this world.

Take care Ale.

Best regards,

JF

edited December 1969

Cymbidium said:

Thank you!

You're so welcome!! Looks like you've put a huge amount of effort into this, especially in the user interface and functionality - can't wait to make all my virtual animals furry......:coolsmile:

edited December 1969

*looks at her current work-in-progress*

Man, I just want to do eyebrows and beards right now...

Possibly hair in other places too. (What, hairy armpits and chests are totally manly.)

edited December 1969

Yeah, that would be good too.......;o)

edited December 1969

...somehow I also think that there should be tools called "gel" and/or "mousse" :D ("This hair stays still, or in a clump", for making that "man, we've been through the woods for seven days without a bath" hair or "greasy used car salesman look".)

• 3DProclivity3DProclivity Posts: 538
    edited December 1969

Finally found this thread again on the new forums. Hi again everyone. What have I missed? :)

edited December 1969

Welcome back! Check out on the blog: http://look-at-my-hair.blogspot.it/

• 3DProclivity3DProclivity Posts: 538
    edited December 1969

Welcome back! Check out on the blog: http://look-at-my-hair.blogspot.it/

Going there now. :)

• edited December 1969

Just WOW!

• FaewolfFaewolf Posts: 0
    edited June 2012

Skiriki said:
    ...somehow I also think that there should be tools called "gel" and/or "mousse" :D ("This hair stays still, or in a clump", for making that "man, we've been through the woods for seven days without a bath" hair or "greasy used car salesman look".)

i have a feeling that this could be done with the current tools he's shown us. You could move the hair into the position you want, maybe use the tilt deformer to get the hair close to the head. The greasy/gelled look can come from a shiny hair shader and voila! greasy salesman look :lol:

Post edited by Faewolf on
    edited December 1969

True! We'll just have to wait and see what happens. :)

edited December 1969

I think you can make those effect you mentioned with current tools. You can actually select a group of hairs (I'm working on providing also a lasso tool, as an alternative to the rectangular marquee tool), and comb those (or apply the deformers) until you achieve the desired effect. Also, there is a clump tool that allows to "group" hair together in a clump.
    After initial release, I'll look into users opinions and suggestions and certainly I will be interested in adding more tools, deformers and options that might be useful.

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,486
    edited December 1969

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I can't believe i didn't see this thread before!! I just kept looking and looking and never saw it! Darn these forums, I hope they work better soon and are not so gray and waste a lot less space!!!!

That said... WOOO Alessandro's been working hard and SOOOOOOOOOOO can't WAIT to see more!!!

Been following the blog and on Facebook..... is it even possible to love this plugin so much before its even out???

YEAH of course it is, this Alessandro we're talking about!!!!

*passes out honey custard*

(today's newest cooking experiment and only mildly sweet despite having good healthy manuka honey in it!) :)

good with a nice mild earl grey tea, in my opinion, and altogether perfect for enjoying while scrolling through AM's blog again. :D

edited December 1969

As from the blog:

"Grizzly cub: furred!
    Look at my Hair beta 1.0 is ready and will be dispatched to beta testers next week.
    So I have some spare time to play with it and today I decided to do a test render on a Poser/DAZ figure I started some time ago: the Grizzly Cub.
    Here are two renders and two screenshots showing Look at my Hair in action.
    Hope you like it!"

cub2.jpg
    800 x 681 - 351K
    vub1.jpg
    800 x 681 - 373K
    grizzly_cub_2.jpg
    800 x 682 - 293K
    grizzly_cub_1.jpg
    800 x 682 - 245K
    edited December 1969

Oh my gods that's so adorable that I want to huggle and snuggle it and squee.

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,486
    edited December 1969

YAY more cuteness!!! That bear is SO adorable!!

In your wonderful precious spare time can you do some more people hair renders?? I love all the animal cuteness but this thread doesn't have any actual renders of people's hair (the old thread did tho the pic links dont work now) so perhaps you should put a new hair render here. :D Just my humble request! ^_^

edited December 1969

Yes! We can haz facial hair too? And maybe a hairy hunk of a man or two? Pwease?

edited December 1969

I think I'll leave that to beta-testers, what do you think?

This discussion has been closed.