ZDG random Daz Studio discoveries and questions.

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

That eye problem looks like the classic 'missed morph' problem.  When a morph that happens to be applied to the exported figure is brought back in, after sculpting, it tends to double up.  Export without killing Mouth Realism...you end up with a very unrealistic mouth after reimporting the sculpt.  You can get the same result by taking a common morph (probably Cornea Bulge or Iris Correction) and removing the limits and then setting it to 200%

• ZarconDeeGrissomZarconDeeGrissom Posts: 5,412
    edited January 2017

Moving this here so I don't need to hunt down distant posts. Latest update, added ADSI Glimmere base mats and some eye colors.

Alright, this is the pre-alpha of what I have so far. I only have some eye color folders so far, and many yet to be done other things.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c97bzprx0szpwxt/ZdgGen7AltShaderExpPack01_v000v.zip?dl=0

Very primitive 3DL mat preset set for DES, Freja, FWSA, LY, P3D, Raiya, Silver, and G3F2W Paloma mat presets. And I still more to do, ugh.  

(Eye presets for forteen figures).

Front L-R, Des Grace, Des Kaia, FR Agnes, FR Enya, Raiya Kelly, Raiya Jolina, LY Hanny.

Back L-R, Fwsa Grace, Fwsa Paloma, Fwsa Sushmita, Fwsa Yulia, ADSI Glimmer, RS Lindsey, LY Jessenia.

Why you ask, well.  I know the pain of not having five digits $$$$$ to get a top-end mainframe CPU for setting up scenes in 3delight, and I know all to well how some shaders can spot-render about as fast as plate tectonics. Nothing is more excruciating then waiting over half an hour just to see if a light needs to be adjusted more. Some times you don't need it rendered in photo real quality, you just need it to render today within a budget, because life is limited. That is why I do this.

Post edited by ZarconDeeGrissom on
  • MJC, I'll take your word for that as most of it went whizzing by me with no chance to comprehend it at all. I sort of understand mesh morph dials, tho with figures it also 'should' involve bone placement adjustments as well. I'll guess the stuff your talking about "Importing morphs twice?" some how messes with bone placements (like where the eye bones are in a figure). I've seen a few off center bones around, so I'll guess it's something easy to click multiple times and not have the cogs do what there supposed to... Like clicking the forum spell check  ( "Spell check you FAAK!" tm)... So I wont boycott a single PA for a figure that has finger bones off in the blue yonder, assuming an attempt is at least made to mend loose ends.

edited December 2016

MJC, I'll take your word for that as most of it went whizzing by me with no chance to comprehend it at all. I sort of understand mesh morph dials, tho with figures it also 'should' involve bone placement adjustments as well. I'll guess the stuff your talking about "Importing morphs twice?" some how messes with bone placements (like where the eye bones are in a figure). I've seen a few off center bones around, so I'll guess it's something easy to click multiple times and not have the cogs do what there supposed to... Like clicking the forum spell check  ( "Spell check you FAAK!" tm)... So I wont boycott a single PA for a figure that has finger bones off in the blue yonder, assuming an attempt is at least made to mend loose ends.

To sculpt a new morph, you need to export the mesh.  If there are any morphs applied when it's exported, when you are done sculpting and bring it back in, they will be, in effect, appied twice...if steps aren't taken to remove them.  Say you have a scale morph on the nose when you export...

Well, if you still have that scaled nose, when reimport the finished morph, it will now be 2x as strong.

And that's even before you start talking about bones, bindings and weight maps....it does nasty things to them, too.

Post edited by mjc1016 on
    edited December 2016

Ah, OK, so just a mesh thing like forgetting to turn off the belly button when exporting a figure to make an ear morph, and ending up with a ear morph that doubles as a gut-punch morph, lol.

With nora it looks like the face is moving forward and the eyes are staying where they were, some kind of disconnected from the dial kind of thing. Exactly the same eyes in head with 3DU Haley Rayn, etc.

Well, I will say that DG has a very nice looking gifft over in the PA thread I was just looking at with ADSI Glimmer.

Yes, very nice I think. I can put them floor/wall surface shaders to use on other things as well I think.

20161219_ZdgAltShaderWIP_01003_GlimmerDG004_Render 1.jpg
    1400 x 1400 - 1M

Ah, OK, so just a mesh thing like forgetting to turn off the belly button when exporting a figure to make an ear morph, and ending up with a ear morph that doubles as a gut-punch morph, lol.

Yep....but when they involve bones, too...it gets to be a real mess.

• FistyFisty Posts: 3,416

That's where that "reverse deformations" thing I keep mentioning comes in.

edited December 2016

I thought that had to do with XYZ order or directions between programs, hmm. I guess the more painful question would be, how much would need to be done over again after fixing the eye locations in the figures shape dials?

Sort of OT, I started lining up most of what I had so far, and then I got distracted by some stupid vids.

So much to do, and so many distractions, lol.

TestLineup_01001.png
    1140 x 640 - 1M

I thought that had to do with XYZ order or directions between programs, hmm. I guess the more painful question would be, how much would need to be done over again after fixing the eye locations in the figures shape dials?

Without seeing the raw sculpt/knowing what was done...no idea.  I always save the final sculpt, since I'm using Blender, in both the obj to import and blend formats.  So if something is screwed up, I can just reimport it.  Also, for the most part the typical areas that mess up (mouth, eyes) don't really get a bunch of JCMs or anything, putting those back isn't difficult.  There are other options, too...if you know what you forgot, you could, theoretically create a 'negative' of it to remove it and things like that.

But, it all goes back to what exactly is the root of the problem.

edited December 2016

Yea, and only Freja (nora) and 3DU (Haley Rayn) would know that. I don't even remember if I brought the eyes up to 3DU or not to be honest, and y'all discovered along with me the Nora eyes I poked a small joke at. I don't feel this is a 'fare' time to nag them with bad news.

And here I'm waiting on a render so I can Post a comment, and I already have another idea to work on, lol.

20161219_ZdgAltShaderWIP_01003_GlimmerDG006_Render 1.jpg
    1400 x 1400 - 1M
    edited December 2016

In all honesty I don't think it's a reverse deformation issue with the eyes.. likely the artist masked off the eyes before they sculpted the face morph so they wouldn't get distorted but forgot to adjust the eye location afterwards.  It's an easy thing to forget with how many steps you have to go through when creating a character (or anything else for that matter, I missed a step when creating my last set of earrings that I'd done like 50 times before and wasted a bunch of time fixing it.. I caught it a half hour later, well before it left my hard drive, but I was still kicking myself.)

The easiest way to fix it for yourself is to just dial the character onto an unposed G3, then dial the eyes Z (? the 3rd one down, blue dial) translation until they're in the right spot and then save it as a pose preset into the chracter's folder so you can easily apply it whenever you want to use that character.  Might have to reapply it after usign some poses, but if they were saved correctly they shouldn't change that.  (Make sure to uncheckmark everything else besides the two eye z-translations when you're saving your pose)

Post edited by Fisty on
    edited December 2016

And some how save the preset so it is not on the opposite side of the Content Library from where the figures are, OK.  I ran into a small room issue just before passing out on the keyboard waiting on a test render...

Yep, yep. just needs the SnowOff to make a silly render...

What do you say not enough room to do the render for , Oh, it is 3.7GB of texture maps on a 4GB Dram-Drive , I need a bigger ram-disk, lol. I'm just to negligent to pay for the app at this time, so it's stuck at a 4GB limit.  And here I was thinking that "I have 32GB of ram for 3DL" no sweat, I'm not limited by the NVIDIA memory negligence, I can do this, lol.

Oh, IF your luckier then me, and have some spare coffee change floating around...

There is a really nice jewlery set floating around.

I did put them threw there paces and I will vouch for them on figures that don't have bones off in the blue yonder. The zones are very shader friendly as well. I'm missing other good points, however my brain needs some coffee to boot up.

20161222_ZdgAltShaderLineup_01003_Render 1.jpg
    1800 x 1200 - 1M
    20161222_ZdgAltShaderLineup_01003b_Render 2.jpg
    1800 x 1200 - 1M
    IMG_9316w640_AhNope_001lbl1.jpg
    640 x 480 - 266K
    Christmas Jewelry_001.png
    700 x 1130 - 1M
    20161222_ZdgAltShaderGlimmerAndJesseniaAndYulia_02014_Render 1.jpg
    1400 x 1400 - 1M
    20161223_ZylaGift_01003_Render 1.jpg
    1400 x 1400 - 1M
  • Fisty said:

The easiest way to fix it for yourself is to just dial the character onto an unposed G3, then dial the eyes Z (? the 3rd one down, blue dial) translation until they're in the right spot and then save it as a pose preset into the chracter's folder so you can easily apply it whenever you want to use that character. 

And hope that the sculpt didn't change the eye socket shape bad enough so that the eyes don't sit there correctly anymore when rotated.

edited December 2016
    Fisty said:

The easiest way to fix it for yourself is to just dial the character onto an unposed G3, then dial the eyes Z (? the 3rd one down, blue dial) translation until they're in the right spot and then save it as a pose preset into the chracter's folder so you can easily apply it whenever you want to use that character. 

And hope that the sculpt didn't change the eye socket shape bad enough so that the eyes don't sit there correctly anymore when rotated.

Very good point, some times the eyes are scaled a bit by some figure morph dials (and the ones that do that look fine, it works as intended). In an unrelated PM I was just typing something about all that in a funny kind of way, it's all good as the item dose work as intended And I would not ask for more knowing a hint of what's involved.

PAs that make figures with rigging bones and joint-control-morphs are of a rugged-hide kind that are into self torment with endless hours of clicking multiple check-boxes buried many layers deep in sub menus, And the wild beasts of mayhem descend on the morph when some obscure setting was or was not set off in some tab of the save settings windows, lol.

There is just so much that can go astray if every single 'i' is not dotted, lol.

LOL I have both tenis and golfer's elbow..  well maybe not LOL..

edited December 2016

Yea, and I think I'm getting carpal-mind from check-boxing all them eye mat presets, lol.

I figured I should make a minor adjustment to a render I did yesterday, as some may mistake something as random cave painting or Indian art, lol.

20161223_ZylaGift_01005mq_r.jpg
    2100 x 2100 - 3M

There is a selection set for G3 in the surface tab that just selects the eye matzones..  then when you go to save the preset use the corner dropdown menu or right click and chose scene selected only.

edited December 2016
    Fisty said:

There is a selection set for G3 in the surface tab that just selects the eye matzones..  then when you go to save the preset use the corner dropdown menu or right click and chose scene selected only.

OK, I'm suffering from brain moosh syndrome, lol. I never thought to save surface tab figure temples/groups (render in progress and I can't remember the name) that way. I've just been 'Unselect all' then laboriously clicking each surface in the mat-preset save window.

"Default Templates" is what I could not think of. Killed that render to swap out an Iray surface shader with a 3DL shader, back at it.

20161223_ZdgAltShaderGlimmerAndJesseniaAndYulia_03004_Render 1.jpg
    1400 x 1400 - 1M
    20161223_ZdgAltShaderGlimmerAndJesseniaAndYulia_04002_Render 2.jpg
    1400 x 1400 - 1M
    edited December 2016

As you can probably guess from the random attached renders to some posts, I'm having some fun with the PA stuff. A new item works really well on a primitive plane as a phone-cover print.

The cool images by NG Artplay and Bea are over yonder in that thread.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/1919421/#Comment_1919421

20161223_ZdgAltShaderGlimmerAndJesseniaAndYulia_03005_Render 5.jpg
    1400 x 1400 - 1M
    HavingFun_003.png
    1600 x 691 - 766K
    20161223_ZdgAltShaderGlimmerAndJesseniaAndYulia_07007_Render 1.jpg
    1400 x 1400 - 1M
    edited December 2016

OK, as the particular item is now out, and shall remain 'UnNamed' as it is not the PA's doing that did this.

Apparently you can get some rather odd gloss anomalies in Daz Studio if the object quad mesh is not somewhat consistent on fairly flat areas of the mesh.

Unfortunately some rather expensive rental programs that cost an arm a leg and your first born child have considerable difficulty making consistently shaped quads on an object. I ran into almost the same exact mesh oddity with my attempt of making an Egyptian bracelet, except I was unwittingly making the mesh into that manually rather then having a mesh generator automatically make the item mesh. There is a way to fix that, however it involves passing the object threw another rental program that costs an arm a leg and your first born child, to re-mesh the thing so it looks good in Daz Studio.

Just something for thought before you consider a single program to be "The bees knees" for do it all from scratch content creation.

MarvelousDisaster_QuadMeshInDazStudio_001.png
    380 x 280 - 11K
    MarvelousDisaster_QuadMeshGenoratorOutput_001.png
    1400 x 1024 - 59K
    edited December 2016

I think I'm suffering from eggnog hangover, lol. There is a few things I just cant quite figure out the words to say, that I was looking into, and I've been milling over what to type for some time now. One was a random skin tone setting test that I thought would be somewhat funny and turned out to be sort of good looking I think.

Right is regular FW Eve, left was a spontaneous what if thought. The Iray shader dose not list colors in 24bit sRGB values (0 to 255) and shows then in a value between 1.00 and 0.00. What if I drop the decimal and just plug in the numbers directly without converting percent into 8bit values, lol. Damn, that is not that bad looking .

Also, apparently there is an interesting quad re-mesher floating around that I haven't been able to look at yet, so I have no idea how good it is or not. And if it is able to preserve mat zone boundary mesh lines in the process (z-brush can do that).

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/66463/free-retopology-software

The only example that would show any gloss mesh density anomalies is in Blender and not Daz Studio, so the example screen shots dose me no good at all.

As for the other thing, I think I need to fumble around with shaping dials and get some examples going, as I'm still not decided on the matter.

Ly Jessenia is far right with those settings in the render below.

Now granted, I could have done the fifth dial a different way, throwing the 'Implants' dial into the extreme negative, however many outfits do not respond kindly to that. Now I will continue to be a habitual user of the No-High-Heels (Youth posture) and anti-barbie-waist (abdomen size) dials for the foreseeable future, it would be best to just assume that those two dials are in every render that I make, lol. The shoulders is something that I decided to try after a PM, just to see. Some figures do have rather odd combinations of extreme adult implants mixed with odd youth features, and others not as much. I did try that shoulder thing on the other two figures (Yulia and Glimmer), and the results was mixed. Yulia looked fine, and Glimmer not so much.

As of now, I'm undecided on the shoulders. And looking at the dials, I did make a mistake sort of, That is the V7 replaced with Izabella7 Yulia mod and not the V7 original, That may be a contributing factor, oops.

LyJes_DialsTested_001lbl1.png
    600 x 540 - 62K
    20161223_ZdgAltShaderGlimmerAndJesseniaAndYulia_04003_Render 3.jpg
    1400 x 1400 - 1M
    YuliaIz7Mod1_001lbl2.png
    649 x 891 - 109K
    edited December 2016

One side note after reading an obscure jab at 3DL in another thread that has been fermenting in the back of my mind, lol. Yes I know that Iray is the new kid on the block and every one wants to know what Iray is all about. I think the number of 3delight users is a tad more then just a dozen or so stubren individuals, and many others that don't have a beefy enough GPU for Iray. To be honest, I'm willing to dabble with Iray even tho my GPU is willfully inadequate on the crunch ability and ram volume requirements for decent sized projects. I just don't see Iray as a viable render engine for quite a few things at this time, and the hardware is no where close to beefy enough and affordable enough for everyone to completely ditch 3delight. However my opinion that there is more then a dozen 3delight users in the Daz3d community is kind of based on some other random stats...

Just this past month from shareCG. 3DL gen7 base AltShader pack 39 downloads (299t), G3F down there morphs 124 downloads (1309t), OptoDistort Chair 8 downloads (161t), 3DL RockShaders one download (276t), G3F basic 3DL AltShader 23 downloads (559t), 3DL test Chamber 5 downloads (323t). Hmmm.

OK, the one thing that is not a 3DL item has around a thousand downloads at this point, yet looking at the other things, I guess half of them still use 3DL even if they mostly use Iray. I don't think 3delight is dead, I think they just stopped adding new stuff to that page, lol. Further more, at least two hundred people were willing to download a set of settings for rendering in 3delight, that is not even a complete maps and stuff figure skin kit, it is just a setting to make skin spot render a bit quicker in 3delight. So I think 3delight is doing quite well, and no one can truly know exactly how many use or don't use it in the daz3d community.

I do have one closing thing for all the Iray is king and 3delight must go the way of the floppy disk posts I've read the past year. Iray has been around for a while, and I did ask the same about reality, dose Iray have a resume yet?

3dl_resume_upTo2014_001.png
    950 x 940 - 1M
    edited December 2016

Alright then, I have two more figures I neglected looking at, one from last months play funds spending, and this one. Freja Elsa, I don't recall if there was a discount or a bundle tho she ended up in the shopping cart somewhere along the way.

While the stock mats appear to be reasonable for render times with a face plant of only about two minutes, and the spec maps appear to be ok and not overly dark everywhere... , this is another 'G' rated eunuch, figures. Why did I even bother with the leotard, lol.

Well I opened this can of worms, I may as well see it threw. The figure shape is not as exaggerated as some, perhaps a hint of abdomen size if anything, so I kind of like that. My first thought when I was just over in DIM, was to try some shoulder dials on these two figures, I'll still do that. (T.B.C.)

Just remember 'Z', you can always use Paloma's mats on her, lol. (I now have two things I must do after this litle experiment)

On to the other one for the 'Experiment' tho I will need to do something about that render time.

Nice to see nothing has changed at all with the AoA shader What a piece of work (tap tap tap) is it dead?

Oh, it finaly got it's GUI out of it's back-end. I knew you could do it AoA shader even tho your not on a top500 machine. I pity all you folks on four core and lesser machine that are slower then 4GHz, this *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** (an hour later) *** ***, lol. I may have an 'AltShader' floating around here somewhere that will work better then this, lol...

FrElsa_PreTest_01001.png
    1240 x 1200 - 2M
    20161226_MjcAnnaElsaMats_01002_Render 1.jpg
    1800 x 1800 - 2M
    FPT_Damn_001c1.png
    560 x 380 - 165K
    FPT_Damn_02001c1.png
    580 x 420 - 242K
    edited December 2016

Welcome to working with PBR maps, lol. The reason the palms of the hands are so gray, is because all the color is in the subsurface maps (exactly as the PBR crowd insists it must always be done that way), and I'm ditching subsurface in favor of getting stuff done, today.

Now I'm going to try something a tad different, and I will not say what, as I know I'll end up with everyone in three galaxies kicking screaming and insisting that "You can't do that!". watch me

Done it, lol. Now I know what one I prefer, now for the nails. The funniest part of all of this is that the total render time of this is four times quicker then the FacePlant Time of the old shader, this is actually fun to work with now, lol.

Alright, here they are dialed in at 75%. Now the experiment can commence .

FwsaPhoenixHD_AltPre1_01001.jpg
    540 x 1060 - 350K
    FwsaPhoenixHD_AltPre2_01001.jpg
    540 x 1070 - 352K
    FwsaPhoenixHD_AltPre2_settings01001lbl1.png
    620 x 560 - 48K
    FwsaPhoenixHD_AltPre1_settings01001lbl1.png
    620 x 560 - 48K
    20161226_FwsaPhoenixHD_01003_Render 2.jpg
    1400 x 1400 - 1M
    edited December 2016

Part one of I don't know of the shoulder experiment, lol. All with No-High-Heels 25% (Youth posture) and anti-barbie-waist 25% (abdomen size) dials. one is as is, the other is with Shoulder width +25% and shoulder size +10%.

This was one of the ones that had me thinking that somebody may be on to something. This figure can not have the arms down without the arms being inside the upper torso, that spec there is not the outfit (there is a fix). hmmm.

, , , , I think I'll need to try this on a few more, I honestly don't know what to think of either way yet. It may very well depend on the figure as much as taste. Am I supposed to have an opinion on this, where is my decision dice, lol.

It almost looks like the shoulders are being pushed back to make the chest appear bigger, na I'm imagining that, can't be. G3F with a baked in chest-thumping posture Naaaaaa. lol.

Now I did do a minor setting adjustment for her arms here. It's an easy one, that may be helpful to many.

Yep, that was it. Works incredibly well given the Leotard is not trying to be a few inches inside the figure unlike other things, lol.

20161227_ShldrMix01_002.png
    1400 x 1200 - 1M
    20161227_ShldrMix01_003.png
    1400 x 1200 - 2M
    20161227_ShldrMix01_004.png
    1400 x 1200 - 2M
    20161227_ShldrMix01_005.png
    1400 x 1200 - 1M
    MakingItFitSomeArms_before_001.png
    340 x 480 - 337K
    20161227_ShldrMix01_006.jpg
    1400 x 1200 - 988K
    MakingItFitSomeArms_001lbl1.png
    504 x 470 - 27K
  • 3Delight is so much _not_ dead it's funny. The devs are cooking major league stuff for VFX studios (including a damn hi-tech OSL implementation going on as we speak), and folks on this little forum think that just because they can use Iray in DAZ Studio now, someone who actually gets paid for doing movie level 3D will stop using their 3Delight for Maya/Max/Katana.

The thing with 3Delight developers is that they are of the "actions speak" sort - they will only put out press releases when they release a new version or something. But there is ongoing development. Just look at the changelog =)

As for the shoulder thing, Zarcon, do you have the measure metrics plugin? Or a simple cube will do, if you make it about 17 inches wide. That's a passable shoulder width for a moderately athletic 5'8" female. // other measurements being around 35-30-40 - but I don't know how to match these without measure metrics //

edited December 2016

3Delight is so much _not_ dead it's funny. The devs are cooking major league stuff for VFX studios (including a damn hi-tech OSL implementation going on as we speak), and folks on this little forum think that just because they can use Iray in DAZ Studio now, someone who actually gets paid for doing movie level 3D will stop using their 3Delight for Maya/Max/Katana.

The thing with 3Delight developers is that they are of the "actions speak" sort - they will only put out press releases when they release a new version or something. But there is ongoing development. Just look at the changelog =)

Ah yep, got that , I'm still waiting for the daz studio interface to get some of the stuff from last year, and the year before, and the year before that,  lol. Tho my thought also goes from the angle of some of the models from the few year old SG franchise (Destiny, Atlantis, Daedalus, etc). I don't remember the exact number quoted in the making of vid, tho the number of polygons was far larger then the best most expensive modern graphics cards have bytes of memory, there is just no way to cram that into a graphics card, it is just not going to happen, lol.

As for the shoulder thing, Zarcon, do you have the measure metrics plugin? Or a simple cube will do, if you make it about 17 inches wide. That's a passable shoulder width for a moderately athletic 5'8" female. // other measurements being around 35-30-40 - but I don't know how to match these without measure metrics //

A number, I didn't even think to measure, I was just objectively looking at the overall shape (are the hips wider the the shoulders). I don't have a caliper large enough on hand, yet squeezing my shoulders between two water bottles on the kitchen counter and then measuring the distance between the bottles to get a rough guess, somewhere between 16 and 18 inches sounds about right for 'human' shoulder width with the arms down at the side (Give or take some margin for body shape).

So, 17inch wide cube, about where on the shoulders, then again it may not matter at all, lol.

Ah, that one may not be a fair candidate. That one is about 70.8in (about 179.832cm) tall, and I'm sure is supposed to be a fairy or pixy, I think.

OK, so I need to be tossing that dial way more then the "I'm afraid of irritating someone" levels I had been using.

And I failed as well, only about 16inches or there about, damn. Check that, puffy Victorian shirt, it was only about 15in. Shoulder width of +"0.50" on her appears to be good, yet now it looks like the ribcage needs to get a bit wider, hmmm

BTW, I did purchase that measure-thing and DIM did put it in the computer, then I discovered how to use 1cm and 1inch cubes to measure stuff and didn't do any more with the wherever-it-is-thing. The problem with just using circumference measurements, is they tell you nothing about the oblong-ness of the oval that was measured. It is ok for most cloth sizing, So the measurement is 40 inches, that tells me nothing about how wide the arms on the chair need to be apart from each other so someone can sit there, lol.

HowWideWasThat_lol_001.png
    280 x 96 - 49K
    HowWideWasThat2_lol_001.png
    700 x 160 - 84K
    HowWideWasThat_IfailedAsWell_lol_001.png
    700 x 400 - 150K
    edited December 2016

OK, I looked at the torso width and shoulder width thing for a little bit, I'll essentially need to redo all that from scratch as one thing pushes a dozen other things way out into the blue yonder.

I think it would be easier to just be easier to repaint new wachiwi maps in gimp from scratch and then go threw the Multi axis trainer experience again on G3F. I'm just not that enthusiastic about any of that for a few reasons.

I guess I should look at the measure-thing again to figure out how it works, not that I think it would help me much (I do remember something about it being better for figures rather then random objects).

Oh, one other thing, thank you Kettu. I had seen the post months ago and assumed someone that knew that stuff would respond, that stuff is so far beyond me and my incapable computer. I did make it to page 16, and I think I understand some of it given that I do not have UberSurface2 or a spare computer to let toil in daz Studio while I do other stuff on the primary "incapable computer". I just wish Sub Surface was not so impossible to work with in Daz Studio.

There was a time I thought the Staff Of Render Hell was bad, that was before the advent of HD figures and AoA shaders. Even Uber sub surface face plant sucks on HD figures in Daz Studio, lol.

20161228_G2F7W3_01009_Render 31.jpg
    1900 x 1200 - 2M
    20161228_G2F7W3_02002_Render 32.jpg
    1900 x 1200 - 2M
    edited December 2016

Yep, this is going to take a while.

I'm not even a full page of dials in and I'm finding my self adding some dial then reducing another dial only to go back and undo what I just did. (face desk) Oh yea, measure metrics, where did that thing go... (The two vids in the store are absolutely useless).

Well, that apparently is why I never bothered to use it. It done busticated like camshaft chunks in the oil pan.

Morning from the day later. I figured I should give the 4.8 version a try instead of the cannon 4.9 thing, and still nothing. And yes I already tried removing All of the MM zips and reinstalling it all from daz again. The Beta version just gives a 0.000000 no mater what I select/move/target/etc or what kind of tape I use. To quote myself from yesterday "It done busticated" and it is just not going to work regardless how much monkeying around with oil additives I try. 

This is done, the fork is already in it. And the fix is just as painful, remove everything associated with 4.9 including Studio 4.9 beta, and then reinstall 4.8 measure metrics.

20161228_G3F1W_01005.png
    720 x 920 - 396K
    ThatsWhayIneverUsedIt_ItBroken_001lbl1.png
    1024 x 940 - 135K
    ThatsWhayIneverUsedIt_ItBroken2_001.png
    640 x 512 - 41K
    Morning_StillDoneBusticated_001.png
    1280 x 900 - 103K
    VeryBadDay_001.jpg
    360 x 380 - 107K
    Beta_DoneBrokeJustAsBad_001.png
    400 x 220 - 8K
    edited December 2016

Alright, that engine swap in progress, back at the Multi axis trainer.

Yea, I'm still trying to figure out what dial dose what shape. At least one of the dials will need to be broken so it can be tossed into the negative forty range.

About 5'9" (175.26cm) height, instead of 5'4" the old one was.

OK, looks like two dials need to be slammed past the 'limit' into the negative, this is not encouraging. I'm fairly sure that if a master control dial tires to tell a dial to go past the limit, it won't happen. I may need to find another way to do this as I don't think the dials will work for a master control dial, not past the limits.

There is another way, make my one dial that dose exactly what I need (7 dials total so far in that set tobe).

And now I don't need the other dial byond the limit in the negative (You'l still need that Shape Shift set tho, and the Growing up No-High-Heels as well).

Befor I get to far ahead of myself, again, requierd morph sets.

http://www.daz3d.com/genesis-3-female-body-morphs

http://www.daz3d.com/genesis-3-female-head-morphs

http://www.daz3d.com/shape-shift-for-genesis-3-female-s

http://www.daz3d.com/growing-up-for-genesis-3-female-s

(TBD, Zdg G3F Morph extension set)

I think most have two of the dial sets listed, posibly.

I'm still milling over a few things.

G3F1W01009_WIP001.png
    960 x 1260 - 905K
    G3F1W01009mm_WIP001.png
    200 x 180 - 4K
    SlamedIntoNeg_01a2001.png
    360 x 84 - 5K
    20161229_ResortedToDformers_001.png
    1060 x 880 - 127K
    G3F1W01012b_WIP002.png
    960 x 1200 - 722K
    G3F1W01012mm_WIP002.png