DraagonStorm

AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140
edited December 2016 in The Commons

I just read over at Rendo that Draagonstorm is in a bad way due to strokes and is not expected to recover :( I'm sending out good vibes nonetheless, at the very least for a peaceful transition. 

Laurie

Post edited by AllenArt on

Comments

• SnowSultanSnowSultan Posts: 3,495

Oh wow, he's really a nice guy and one of our best coders. What a shame.  :(

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140
    edited December 2016

They said the name was Gail at Rendo. Two people with the name Draagonstorm? I'd link to the thread there, but....I can't. It's in the Community forum. Says in her bio that she was a computer programmer.

Laurie

Post edited by AllenArt on
  • LyonessLyoness Posts: 1,606
    edited December 2016
    AllenArt said:

They said the name was Gail at Rendo. Two people with the name Draagonstorm? I'd link to the thread there, but....I can't. It's in the Community forum. Says in her bio that she was a computer programmer.

Laurie

No, Gail was an awesome lady that I enjoyed working and chatting with these past few years and counted among my friends. I met her several times and she was a helluva lot of fun.  She had a very very tough year personally and now it's concluding with her passing away.  2016 sux.

Many of us PAs are very sad right now.

Post edited by Lyoness on
  • AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

Yes indeed...2016 has sucked big time so far :(. Condolences to friends and family. Her talent will be missed *sigh*.

Laurie

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,626
    Lyoness said:
    AllenArt said:

Laurie

No, Gail was an awesome lady that I enjoyed working and chatting with these past few years and counted among my friends. I met her several times and she was a helluva lot of fun.  She had a very very tough year personally and now it's concluding with her passing away.  2016 sux.

Oh no!! This is so sad,we just saw her in September. :(
  • 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,276

Oh man, that is awful! So it's this DraagonStorm: http://www.daz3d.com/draagonstorm ? :(

• I am so sorry to hear this. She has made some really awesome products both alone and in collaboration with other PA's.

My sincere condolences to her family and friends.

• I am sorry to hear this. I also wish to send my condolences to her faimly and friends.

• LyonessLyoness Posts: 1,606
    edited December 2016
    Lyoness said:
    AllenArt said:

Laurie

Oh no!! This is so sad,we just saw her in September. :(

yeah. good times

sad

Post edited by Lyoness on
  • SnowSultanSnowSultan Posts: 3,495

Oh I didn't know Draagonstorm was a she. Again, very sorry to hear this sad news. This has been a pretty awful year.

• I did not know Gail at all, as I'm a new PA, but I feel the sadness amongst the PA family and my heart goes out to all of you.

Condolences to all of you who knew her and to her family as well

• So sorry to hear this.  Thoughts and prayers for her family and friends :(

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890

Sorry to her that she died. My sympathy for her family and friends. She was nice when I asked her a question.

• AprilYSHAprilYSH Posts: 1,481

No! :(( 

I never met her irl but she was always so open and helpful. Such a loss. Condolences to family and friends. :(

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    edited December 2016

I am so sorry to hear of her passing. Draagonstorm will be missed around here. And even more so by those who knew her in real life. My heart goes out to her family and friends in this time of grief.

Post edited by L'Adair on
  • ScavengerScavenger Posts: 2,664

My condolences to all :(

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,982

I'm saddened to hear this. My condolences to her family and those who loved her. sad

• LeanaLeana Posts: 10,932

:'(

Really sad to hear that, she was a really nice person and a talented creator.

• ServantServant Posts: 754

Oh, man. I love her work, especially the collabs with Zev0 for the Genesis line. My condolences to her family and friends. Vaya Con Dios. crying

• wolf359wolf359 Posts: 3,749

Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799

What... The... F**K!? NO!! DDD:

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799

This probably a terrible thing to even have cross my mind right now, but this does raise the curious question on how this effects her store from here on-out. Like, how do market communities like these deal with such situations?

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,259

This is so terrible and sad. I loved her products. My condolences to her loved ones.

• This probably a terrible thing to even have cross my mind right now, but this does raise the curious question on how this effects her store from here on-out. Like, how do market communities like these deal with such situations?

Obviously all details are private and personal, but typically future revenue would be forwarded to the next of kin like a spouse, parent, or child.

This is an insanly devastating situation.

• Yeah, 2016 has indeed sucked :( I just heard the news. I am so sad to hear that she passed away... I had heard she had recently fallen ill, but you know, you never think something like this could come of it. I am just floored....

• GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,461
    edited December 2016

Very sad indeed. R.I.P.

Post edited by Greybro on
  • My deepest sympathies for the family; I have no words.

• Oh, how incredibly heartbreaking. :( 

May she rest in peace, and my condolences and prayers/thoughts are with her family at this time. 

• PedroCPedroC Posts: 192

D.E.P. Requiescat in pace.

• This is a tragic situation, and I feel for the family; my mother had a stroke in October, but at least she's still with us.