DraagonStorm

Comments

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Oh no I am so so sorry to hear this!  This year has just been awful.  My sincerest condolences to her family and friends, she had an awesome talent and although I didn't really know her personally, she was clearly loved.

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,311

This is terrible news, my condolences to her family and friends.  She was definitely one of DAZ's sharper talents. 

Alex.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975

Nooooooo :( My condolences to everyone. Her work meant so much for me, I was a huge fan.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,703

This is awful news.  My thoughts and prayers are with her family.

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

So sorry to hear it! Can 2016 just PLEASE stop taking all our best people? Please???

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    Llynara said:

So sorry to hear it! Can 2016 just PLEASE stop taking all our best people? Please???

I'm past ready for this year to be over!

• Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252

My deepest condolences to her family and friends. 

• Joe WebbJoe Webb Posts: 837
    edited December 2016

She made tremendous contributions to this artform. I use any number of the tools she developed regularly. My condolances to her family and friends. She brought great joy to the world.

Post edited by Joe Webb on
  • crying will be sorely missed

• Very sad. Prayers and thoughts to her family and her friends. Enjoyed her work very much.

• she offered and gave so much she will be missed

• macleanmaclean Posts: 2,438

I know from experience that she was a really generous person. She'll be truly missed by all. My thoughts are with her family and friends.

• V3DigitimesV3Digitimes Posts: 3,049

Yes she was so generous. When I began to script, I was lost and she helped me so nicely. She was nice and helpful. I am deeply sad of this news. My condolances to her family and friends.

• DaremoK3DaremoK3 Posts: 798

Sad to hear of her passing.  I will miss reading her posts in the forums.  My thoughts and prayers to the family, and friends here in the forums who knew her well.

• MarieahMarieah Posts: 518

I'm so very sorry to hear about this. I'm heartbroken. She became a Daz vendor through a collab with me - we did quite a few together in the end. 

May your beloved dragons protect you and keep you close, dear Gail.sad

• AllegraAllegra Posts: 405

Oh no! We've lost another great talent...this is so sad, my condolences to her family and friends, she certainly left her mark on the 3D community with many amazing productscrying

• While I didn't know her, her work was fantastic. My condolences to her loved ones.  This has been a very sad year for this community. 

• ¡Que mal! ¡Que triste! se nos fue un gran talento.

Very sad news. My condolences to her family and friends. 

Que en paz descanse.

• marcoiomarcoio Posts: 45

I read the bad new only now: I'm sorry to hear this;  my condolences to her family

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,740

I know her only by her wonderful products and talent but she will be greatly missed. My condolences to her family and friends.

• FistyFisty Posts: 3,416

You know... honestly losing Gail is a lot like losing Prince.  All the wonderful things she could have made and all the other people's projects she could have left her mark on / helped with.  the world, and especially this community is a poorer place for her being gone.  Hopefully she comes back as someone equally sweet, smart, and tallented.

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214

Just saw this now, such sad sad news.  the world loses another great person who touched so many lives in so many different ways. My condolences to all who knew her in any way, and I am sorry for those who will never know her as a wonderful person and wonderful artist.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086

I just found out about this!  Terrible news! My heart goes out to her family and friends.   crying 

Dana

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited January 2017

I'm another who somehow missed this thread, during the hectic holiday season. Gail was extremely sweet- she always answered my PMs and we enjoyed chatting after she answered my questions- so thoughtful and helpful. I think as artists, it does hit extremely hard like Fisty said, because we all think about what works will never be made, what ideas were in her head that never got to fruition. But by sharing information and coaching others, she left a fine contribution, although no one can carry on quite like she did. Now she's scripting the stars and making the skies a glorious artistic canvas. 

Post edited by Novica on
  • alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,311
    Novica said:

I'm another who somehow missed this thread, during the hectic holiday season. Gail was extremely sweet- she always answered my PMs and we enjoyed chatting after she answered my questions- so thoughtful and helpful. I think as artists, it does hit extremely hard like Fisty said, because we all think about what works will never be made, what ideas were in her head that never got to fruition. But by sharing information and coaching others, she left a fine contribution, although no one can carry on quite like she did. Now she's scripting the stars and making the skies a glorious artistic canvas. 

I once posted a question on one of her threads asking if her batch renderer could handle Iray.  She did some renders to make sure it could.  How's that for being helpful?

Alex.

I just looked it up, because I was curious and I keep messages for quite awhile. I wondered when the last time was that we PM'd.  In May, I complimented her on helping everyone when they had a question, and she modestly replied, "I'm fluent in computers, not humans."  

• andolaurinaandolaurina Posts: 667

I am very, very late to this thread. Just wanted to say that I'm sorry to hear of her passing. :-( Condolences to her family.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,323
    edited April 2017

I was glad to see she was still listed as a PA on the new Skin Builder 3 for Genesis 3 Female(s) and I'll be getting it as soon as I have more funds.

I hope there will a Skin Builder for Genesis 3 males as well.

Post edited by Charlie Judge on

I just wanted to re-open this thread to mention that Draagonstorm is still being remembered a year after her passing. It was last December, 2016, and today I was reading her extremely detailed PDF on one of her products. I was thinking about what a pro she was in everything she made for us, and as I said before, what a genuinely sweet person she was to strangers she never met.  Classy.  A year later, you are still in our thoughts Draagonstorm. 

• Novica said:

I just wanted to re-open this thread to mention that Draagonstorm is still being remembered a year after her passing. It was last December, 2016, and today I was reading her extremely detailed PDF on one of her products. I was thinking about what a pro she was in everything she made for us, and as I said before, what a genuinely sweet person she was to strangers she never met.  Classy.  A year later, you are still in our thoughts Draagonstorm. 

+1

Trish