Problems loading clothing

Geminii23Geminii23 Posts: 1,327
edited December 1969 in New Users

So I purchased Dark Thorn's clothing and I can not seem to get these clothes to load on either M4 or M5. Not sure what I am doing wrong.
Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Comments

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

Not load as in what? Nothing happens when you click the icons, or you can't conform them to the figure?

• Geminii23Geminii23 Posts: 1,327
    edited December 1969

Yes. No matter what clothing I try nothing happens when I double click or click on the icons. I have also tried right click and choosing Load.

I have tried both Genesis and M4 as well.

edited December 1969

If it's not loading at all from the library, how are you trying it "on" M4 or Genesis?

DAZ Dark Thorn is an M4 product. To use it on Genesis you would have to use Autofit or Transfer Utility to convert it.

edited December 1969

If it's not loading at all from the library, how are you trying it "on" M4 or Genesis?

DAZ Dark Thorn is an M4 product. To use it on Genesis you would have to use Autofit or Transfer Utility to convert it.

I have mostly only been using clothing and characters that have been made for Genesis, but I have been wanting to start using some of the content for M4 since there is so much of it out there and cheaper prices on a lot of it. Normally I simply had to double click on the icons in the library (sometimes having the appropriate region selected) and the clothing would apply.

Can you elaborate on using the AutoFit? Is there any links to information I can read on this.

Thanks.

edited December 2012

Here's a tutorial. DAZ on Youtube. The DAZ Channel there has many other tutorials as well.

By and large, Autofit works best on shorter tops/dresses and pants. It will tend to annihilate morphs and skirt handles and does not do well with high heels. Flatter shoes can transfer reasonably well. If you want to preserve morphs, you might be better off converting with Transfer Utility. It still can't do perfectly with shoes (the feet are just too different between Gen 4 and Genesis) but does keep clothing morphs.

Post edited by SickleYield on
  • BlackFeather1973BlackFeather1973 Posts: 739
    edited December 1969

Have you checked you're trying to load the right files ? Sometimes the Daz Studio Formats only contain material files,while the actual clothing is in the Poser Formats folder.

edited December 1969

Ok, so I am a bit confused. After watching the tutorial I have tried the following.

1. I loaded up a genesis character
    2. I selected the Dark Thorn pants from DAZ Studio Formats/My Library/People/Michael 4/Clothing

Do I need to install the Poser versions or Legacy files of this to get this to work? I have only been installing using the DS or DSON installers previously.

I also tried loading up Michael 4 via the Poser tab and trying it that way and still nothing.

edited December 1969

Yes, you do need to install the Poser version if it's Dark Thorn. Most of those older M4V4 sets only have DAZ versions for the materials (it looks like BlackFeather1973 has you correctly). Nothing is loading because you are clicking a material preset. The actual clothing will be in runtime/libraries/character/etc.

edited December 1969

Ack! I wish DAZ would simply the installs and downloads for everything. There seems to be like 3 versions of all installs for a lot of things, double that for Windows vs MAC. So it is very confusing what is needed.

Let me start downloading the Poser stuff now and see if that fixes things. I am probably missing a lot of stuff from other things I bought if this is the case.

Thanks.