December 2016 New User 3D Art Contest - Free Render Month (Entries Thread)

LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,795

New User's Contest - December 2015

Sponsored by DAZ 3D

Are you new to the 3D World? Are you at the beginning stages of learning 3D rendering? Have you been around for a little bit but feel you could benefit from some feedback or instruction? Have you been around awhile and would like to help other members start their creative journey? Well then come and join the fun as we host our newest contest...

Put your skills to good use 

This contest is a general render contest. Try putting to use all the things you've learned over the months and create an image showing off mad skills.

I will be checking in as will the rest of the Community Volunteers to try and help with anything you all may need.

For a list of the current contest rules, please see this thread :  Contest Rules

This month, you should use all that you have learned during the last year of contests. When working on your submissions, if you would like to get feedback as you work or before posting your final image, please post your image to the WIP THREAD. People will be popping in to there to give you some critique and advice on your entry and help along the way.

Please keep all comments on entries etc to the WIP THREAD as well because comments or requests for help/feedback/advice will be removed from the contest thread and merged into the WIP THREAD. This thread is only for posting final contest submissions.

For those veterans of the forums that would like to help, because this contest is designed for the beginner to learn from, we will be randomly selecting posts offering helpful tips and/or critiques to receive a special voucher as well so, whether you are a seasoned artist or an aspiring one, there is fun for everyone!

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Closing Date: December 31st 2016

Post edited by Linwelly on

Comments

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648
    edited December 2016

Done in Daz Studio 4.9, Rendered in IRay, posed by me and retextured the Bikini and Shorts, used Daz Default Spot Lights No Postwork.

Titled: Kirk and Sandra Sharing a Kiss Under The Mistletoe

Kirk and Sandra Sharing a Kiss Under The Mistletoe.png
    1146 x 1433 - 2M
    Post edited by Saphirewild on
  • Done in Daz Studio 4.9, Rendered in IRay, posed by me and retextured the Bikini and Shorts, used Daz Default Spot Lights No Postwork.

Titled: Kirk and Sandra Sharing a Kiss Under The Mistletoe

Titled: Kirk and Sandra Sharing a Kiss Under The Season's Greetings Sign Becuase They Forgot the Mistletoe.

• SmRSmR Posts: 244
    edited December 2016

First entry for December, this one's with postwork.

Title: Unholy

Made with: Daz3d, iray, postwork in gimp (used some of Ron's stuff as back and front layer to create lighting effects and some grunge.) Most important aim was to create some atmosphere of darkness and fear. And (of course) I like these girls :)

fantasy_unholy01_gimp_20161205.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    Post edited by SmR on
  • SmRSmR Posts: 244

Second entry for December, this one's without postwork.

Title: Knights of darkness

Made with: daz3d (with Strange Skys By Skybones (sharecg) - thx for sharing!). Tried to create an image to show the darkness of war.

fantasy_knights_20161212.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
  • daybirddaybird Posts: 648

Unexpected visitor
    Daz 4.8, Iray and to my great pleasure no postwork.

For the Picture I used the Genesis 2 with Iray shader. The sea is a primitive with a water texture from the great side textures.com . 
    The air mattres is another primitive, where I used some deformers, to make it look more realistic.
    The shark is from mostdigital creation (great white). He looks fantastic, with the Iray shader.
    I'm very pleased and impressed how the picture turned out. I only can imagine what Daz can do, when a real graphicer works with it. 
    Now I came to a Point, where I can't improve the picture with my momentan skills, but for the first time since I worked with Daz I be proud of the result. 

Again THX to nonesuch00 and Linwelly, who helped me to solved some problems and good luck to all other participants. ( I have seen a lot of cool works in the WIP thread)

Unexpected visitor final.jpg
    2133 x 1199 - 890K
  • XangthXangth Posts: 127

Hello all I am sorry that I have not had the time to post things to the WIP on things I have been working on. I have not had much time over the past few months. Here is my post to this contest.
    This is one of my first complete full Daz 3D studio not in Bryce this time.

Some modifications were done to the texturing on the Sprite. All was created and rendered in Daz studio using the Iray rendering engine.

Post work: None accept for signing initials and date.

Title: "The Sprite and the Fox Spirit"

Hello all I am sorry that I have not had the time to post things to the WIP on things I have been working on. I have not had much time over the past few months. Here is my post to this contest.

Some modifications were done to the texturing on the Sprite. All was created and rendered in Daz studio using the Iray rendering engine.

sprite_and_fox_spirit.jpg
    1842 x 849 - 605K

• My entry is a revisualization from 1955..

Bettie Final.jpg
    843 x 1080 - 866K
  • Title: spell!!?

Made with: Daz3d, iray, postwork in the flash there (using aftereffect)

and question for daybird!!! how do you maek the sea!!! i really want to know!!.....you said it is primitive with a water texture from the great side textures.com
    what you mean?....

daybird said:

Unexpected visitor
    Daz 4.8, Iray and to my great pleasure no postwork.

For the Picture I used the Genesis 2 with Iray shader. The sea is a primitive with a water texture from the great side textures.com . 
    The air mattres is another primitive, where I used some deformers, to make it look more realistic.
    The shark is from mostdigital creation (great white). He looks fantastic, with the Iray shader.
    I'm very pleased and impressed how the picture turned out. I only can imagine what Daz can do, when a real graphicer works with it. 
    Now I came to a Point, where I can't improve the picture with my momentan skills, but for the first time since I worked with Daz I be proud of the result. 

Again THX to nonesuch00 and Linwelly, who helped me to solved some problems and good luck to all other participants. ( I have seen a lot of cool works in the WIP thread)

2_00000.jpg
    1500 x 1023 - 170K
  • yhzmurphyyhzmurphy Posts: 434
    edited December 2016

Romeo and Juliet 3000

Daz3D with Iray, saved and uploaded with no post processing.

RandJ6c.jpg
    1333 x 1000 - 1M
    Post edited by yhzmurphy on
  • SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648
    edited December 2016

Vicky In Da Kitchen

Daz Studio 3Delight, no postwork, Retextured Mothers outfit and Child's outfit also the teapots and cups with saucers. I posed the mother and child, used daz studio lighting (distant, spotlight, radial light)

Vicky In Da Kitchen.png
    1500 x 927 - 2M
    Post edited by Saphirewild on
  • Kushgirl against the Pharma Lords

Lots of Daz goodies used here (see this in my gallery for specifics). DS Iray render. Photoshop post-work, Illustrator for the type.

• social_stigmasocial_stigma Posts: 107
    edited December 2016

Title: "No return"

Renderewd in Iray, no post-work

no return.jpg
    1110 x 600 - 275K
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • Title: What are they if they are not slave 

Made with: Daz3d, iray, postwork of colour contrast (using aftereffect)
    (animation link:

)

111_00000.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 421K
  • rosselianirosseliani Posts: 374
    edited December 2016

Title: Madeleine au Miroir

After Georges de la Tour (France, 1593-1652), National Gallery of Art, Washington.

DAZ Studio 4.9 Pro

Credits:
    G3F Lana character (AliveSheCried), ZevO & Raiya Growing Up morphing and skin, Skyler Long Hair (3D Universe).

Free stuff credits and THANKS:
    G2F Full Circle Skirt Dress (Pusey Designs), Skull (Mostdigitalcreations), Chest (!EVM Props), BMGrimoire (BM3D),
    Mirror (guy91600), Morphing Flame (SquarePeg3D).

13 DAZ Studio LinearPointLights.

Render with Iray, postwork with GIMP (kill a firefly) and IrfanView (© and signature).

Special thanks to all those who helped me to improve my work.

Madeleine Au Miroir ready1_entry.jpg
    3000 x 3000 - 4M
    Post edited by rosseliani on
  • Renderewd in Iray, no post-work

what perfume.jpg
    1273 x 1800 - 2M
  • 31415926543141592654 Posts: 967
    edited December 2016

Title: Generation Seven Science Class

Made with: DS 4.9 / Iray

Postwork: Layering in Photoshop Elements 5.0

Generation Seven Science Class

TWE DUSC8.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 391K
  • sueyasueya Posts: 826
    edited December 2016

Practising in the Studio Daz Studio 4.8 3 Delight

Dancerreflectionbrighter2.jpg
    800 x 494 - 72K
    Post edited by sueya on
  • AGnawKneeMooseAGnawKneeMoose Posts: 26
    edited December 2016

Title: Under Fire

Made with: DS 4.9 Iray.  GIMP for destroyed railing opacity mask.  No postwork.

Under Fire

UnderFire21.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Desert Warriors

Daz Studio Iray - Minimal postwork.

• dracorndracorn Posts: 2,333
    edited December 2016

Ballerina Butterfly

Rendered in 3Delight, no postwork. 

Ballerina Butterfuly Final.jpg
    1500 x 1500 - 2M
    Post edited by dracorn on
  • kanegskanegs Posts: 80

Winter's Night
    Rendered in DAZ Studio 4.9 Iray (no post-work)

winters night 3.jpg
    667 x 1080 - 423K
  • jakobrhjakobrh Posts: 97
    edited December 2016

Feeling a Little Divided

Divided

Daz 4.9 Iray

"Post"work: Two background images combined before final render.

• VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235
    edited December 2016

Night Rendezvous

DAZ Studio 4.9 Iray render. No postwork.

Night rendezvous.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 1M
    Post edited by Vyusur on
  • "SH4D0W K4TT"

Daz 4.9 Iray render w/o postwork.

dec2016-5c.png
    618 x 1000 - 901K
  • Once more into the Breach...

Daz 4.9 Iray render done in two layers plus a third render of just cheetah and her equipment to help in the masking in post work.

Postwork, bringing it all together in Photoshop.

dec2016d.jpg
    1031 x 872 - 826K
  • VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235
    edited December 2016

Survivors

DAZ 4.9 3Delight render. No postwork (to say nothing of the signature).

Survivors2.jpg
    1720 x 1333 - 474K
    Post edited by Vyusur on
  • dracorndracorn Posts: 2,333
    edited December 2016

Elegant Wizardry

Daz 4.9 3Delight, with postwork in Photoshop for the magical effects.  Significant retexturing of Vicki's skin (subsurfaces), clothing, jewelry, foreground and background.  AoA's Advanced Lighting.

Elegant Wizardry.jpg
    1728 x 1152 - 2M
    Post edited by dracorn on
  • AeonmoonAeonmoon Posts: 53
    edited December 2016

I might be a bit late to enter the contest, but since I just rendered this a few minutes ago, I'll add it.

Happy New Year 2017!

Render in Daz Studio, Iray. Postwork in Photoshop.

NewYear2016-17.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    Post edited by Aeonmoon on