December 2016 New User 3D Art Contest - Free Render Month (Entries Thread)

2»

Comments

• social_stigmasocial_stigma Posts: 107
    edited December 2016

Title: Let's dance

Rendered in Iray, no postwork

let's dance.jpg
    905 x 678 - 414K
    Post edited by social_stigma on
  • epicureanpoetryepicureanpoetry Posts: 8
    edited January 2017

"Bathed in moonlight, strangled by her own bra." 

Program used: DAZ Studio
    Figure: Genesis 3 female
    FaceGen Artist Pro for: Carrie Fishers face + skin texture
    Bumps + Normal Maps = NVIDIA Map tools for Photoshop
    Dress: Morphing fantasy dress for G3F
    Shader / Texture: Brocade ? I can't remember the name
    Hair:  Starts with A?? (Also can't remember sorry) 
    Background: HDRI of starry night stock
    Medal: Medal of Bravery from Yavin ceremony
    Postwork: Photoshop for: placement of yavin medal + gradient + layer manip for shadows,  highlights to hair (burn + dodge) , hand painted in photoshop wrinkles (more burn and dodge), addition of realistic (hopefully) skin spots and textures using free Deviant Art skin brushes here ( 

I have no idea if I replied to this right. Happy New Years DAZ! 

BathedinMoonlightPOSTWORK2GLOWJPEG.jpg
    2000 x 1181 - 1M
    Post edited by epicureanpoetry on
  • XangthXangth Posts: 127

Cheers and Happy New Years Good Luck to All.

• Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252

Contest closed.  Good luck everyone.

• mosjeschwartzmanmosjeschwartzman Posts: 29
    edited January 2017

"Relationship Therapy"
    The grey area between allegation and affirmation, hope and dispair, argumentation and reflection, indifference and compassion, where things are never black and white but always seem to be.

Software: Daz Studio 4.9, 3Delight 12.0.127
    Postwork: None

Happy New Year everyone!!
    –M.

Relationship Therapy.jpg
    1236 x 825 - 141K
    Post edited by mosjeschwartzman on

We have decided to move away from a 1st, 2nd, HM format for prizes in the New User Challenges.  Instead we are hoping to encourage participation and put the emphasis on the process and learning.

To that end The CV’s decided to vote on a Most Improved image for the December, 2016 New User Challenge.

The Most Improved image:

Unexpected Visitor by daybird

This image has been resized to fit in the page. Click to enlarge.

Please PM DAZ_ann0314 with the e-mail address associated with your DAZ account for your prize.

• kanegskanegs Posts: 80

We have decided to move away from a 1st, 2nd, HM format for prizes in the New User Challenges.  Instead we are hoping to encourage participation and put the emphasis on the process and learning.

To that end The CV’s decided to vote on a Most Improved image for the December, 2016 New User Challenge.

The Most Improved image:

Please PM DAZ_ann0314 with the e-mail address associated with your DAZ account for your prize.

Excellent choice on encouraging participation, and an excellent image as well!

• yhzmurphyyhzmurphy Posts: 434

Well done daybird!

Good choice, from among a lot of great entries.  I learn from all the entries and feedback, but can say I was inspired to learn about and try deformers from watching this unfold.

• daybirddaybird Posts: 648

The Most Improved image:

Holy shit, I have never think to win anything this month's. There was so many cool entries. So I thank for the nomination and feel a little ashamed, because I needed much help to create this picture.
    But I must say, the more I learn about the basics with you all, the more fun it makes to work with DAZ. So I know now, to enter this thread, was one of the best decisions, I had made.

And THX alot for the congratulations.

• XangthXangth Posts: 127

Congratulations to you Daybird! great job and nice work!

@daybird:   Please be advised there will be a delay in the issuing of your prize.  DAZ_anne0314 has a bad case of the flu but she hopes to issue the prize either tomorrow or Tuesday.

• daybirddaybird Posts: 648

No prob, I have time and hey, it's a gift. So there is no reason to apologize.

And good improvement to her.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Congrats Daybird, great job!  And helping each other learn is really what these are for.  We all learn something by participating and helping each other.

• mauromenichinomauromenichino Posts: 8
    edited February 2017

It'was a rainy day! :)

Images removed because of Nudity

Post edited by Chohole on