Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 7

Comments

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 2016

For the next scene, I used Lisa Botanical's Christmas items, they aren't in the store so can't link them. The island is DA Palm Island, the water is from Lakeside Folly, that we just recently showcased. I used The ElvenBed, which was the freebie I picked up. (Yeah, look close- a lot of work went into that tranformation for a holiday scene!)  The oranges were from MHE: Fruit  (I Iray Uber Based them.)  The gal is Harley wearing Christina Hair and One Piece Bathing Suit. Using Skies of iRadiance.

The letters are 3D from Send A Message. (Bundle available.)  Shaders are all from DestinysGarden collections. (swimsuit and hammock.) 

christmas2016B.jpg
    1168 x 1200 - 1M
    Post edited by Novica on
    edited December 2016

A Sunshine State scene to warm you up! (Although it's 34 degrees here right now at 7:15am. Brrrr!) 

To You From Florida!

Post edited by Novica on
  • LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

That looks very good, Novica! I'd rather be there for Christmas!!!

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    edited December 2016

Here is my main category structure.  Things get broken down a lot more inside of each category as well.

ContentLibrary 12102016 32431 PM.jpg
    508 x 846 - 54K
    ContentLibrary 12102016 32742 PM.jpg
    508 x 846 - 87K
    ContentLibrary 12102016 32808 PM.jpg
    508 x 846 - 91K
    Post edited by IceDragonArt on
  • dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723

Here is my main category structure.  Things get broken down a lot more inside of each category as well.

Thanks Ice Dragon Art and @Novica for your category items. Always helpful to get examples so I'm not just staring at DS wondering "What do I name this one?" lol. I can definitely see a use for categories for those hard-to-find items like special effects, buildings etc. while at the same time not replacing what Smart Content was designed to provide. Once I add a figure, Smart Content shows poses and armor (under wardrobe) etc. relevant to that figure.

Keep in mind that you can add items to multiple categories as well.  So if you are interested in kit bashing you can set up categories for that as well.  For instance, under say,  genesis 2 female/clothing I have /boots & shoes.  All of the boots and shoes go into this category as well as the appropriate spot for the clothing they came with.  So its in two categories gen2f/clothes/dresses/modern/ (name of dress or outfit) as well as gen2f/clothes/boots&shoes.  That way, if I am kit bashing I can pull up all of my footwear in one list and to find what I want without having to open each outfit or dress to find something.

Novica said:

A Sunshine State scene to warm you up! (Although it's 34 degrees here right now at 7:15am. Brrrr!) 

To You From Florida!

wish I was there now too lol.  Supposed to start snowing tonight and tomorrow....

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

Not only Florida - that is an aussie christmas too! LOL. The heat is really starting to ramp up here right now....we'll be spending Christmas Day lunch at my parents, swimming in the pool (and/or the lake), and eating copious amounts of seafood :) 

Novica said:

To You From Florida!

jakiblue said:

Not only Florida - that is an aussie christmas too! LOL. The heat is really starting to ramp up here right now....we'll be spending Christmas Day lunch at my parents, swimming in the pool (and/or the lake), and eating copious amounts of seafood :) 

Novica said:

To You From Florida!

Sounds Yummy!

edited December 2016

AHEM. While going back through Thread 6 (working on links for the Character renders thread here in Art Studio)- a certain young lady has a birthday in December. Don't know the date, as the old posts just say "December." But Happy Birthday to Jakiblue- whenever it is!

Edit: and here's her beautiful Olympia 7 which will be in the character thread.

Post edited by Novica on

Happy Birthday JakiBlue!

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

*grin* Thank you Novica and Ice Dragon Art! :) :) It's the 22nd Dec - I'm definitely getting OLD as I always have to count backwards from my birth year to figure out how old I am going to be. Seriously. LOL. laugh 

Novica said:

AHEM. While going back through Thread 6 (working on links for the Character renders thread here in Art Studio)- a certain young lady has a birthday in December. Don't know the date, as the old

posts just say "December." But Happy Birthday to Jakiblue- whenever it is!

Happy Birthday JakiBlue!

jakiblue said:

*grin* Thank you Novica and Ice Dragon Art! :) :) It's the 22nd Dec - I'm definitely getting OLD as I always have to count backwards from my birth year to figure out how old I am going to be. Seriously. LOL. laugh 

Novica said:

AHEM. While going back through Thread 6 (working on links for the Character renders thread here in Art Studio)- a certain young lady has a birthday in December. Don't know the date, as the old

posts just say "December." But Happy Birthday to Jakiblue- whenever it is!

Happy Birthday JakiBlue!

I do that too lol.

At 10:30am this morning, (two hours ago) I put my cat Spinner to sleep. Her birthday was July 7 2003 according to the vet's records, so over 13 years old. I inherited her from my father-in-law, who was a pilot, who got her from a pilot- hence the name Spinner which is a term for a propeller. Fortunately, she was relatively healthy until Sunday night- we had a great weekend! Then she stopped taking her medicine Sunday night, wouldn't take it Monday and she just didn't feel well and went downhill quickly. I am glad it happened now, as she stayed in my son's room and he is coming home the 18th- he hadn't seen her for awhile so I'd rather she head to Rainbow Bridge before he got home. 

Anyway, I'm fine (I really am- she was ill and feeling miserable, glad I could help her) but I have to get some sleep (up all night, checking on her) as it's 12:40pm.  Happy shopping!

Aww I'm so sorry!  Even when its time its still sad. 

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854

I am sorry for you loss. I have lost a couple of aged kitties in the last couple of years and it is tough even when it is time.

Aww, I am sorry to hear this, Novica. It's hard to say goodbye, even when you  know it's coming. Maybe we need to do some cat renders in honor of her. 

Thanks folks, means a lot. I am still up (1:50pm) because I wanted to go in and clean out the bathroom where the litter was, so I wouldn't wake up at dark when I normally go in there and give her food/medicine. This way, it's all done, the bedding and litter is out of there and it's a different environment. Know what I mean? It wouild have been worse to go in there with the exact same setup and her not there. So now, off to sleep! (with thunderstorms round two coming in.) You folks in Alabama and Georgia are getting much needed rain too- glad to see it!

• My condolences.   We lost one of our older cats last October.  Even when it's time, it's not easy.

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,808

Sorry to hear about your cat. We had one we lost a few years ago: had adopted her when another family on the street abondoned it. A great cat, lived to 17, but finally multiple things wore her down. Sad to see them go but glad they no longer hurt.

• RedzRedz Posts: 1,459

Picked up http://www.daz3d.com/earthquake for a song in the superhero sale, as I already had the required city ruins products, though I think they are also on deep discount. Just to say make the skydome invisible, add a sky (I used one from terradome 3) and the scene renders very nicely in Iray, without any conversions. I just added a little bloom and vignette. Must also try some atmospheric effects, but as a quick and dirty render, this set/preset holds up very well for Iray.

quake1.png
    909 x 1000 - 1M

Earthquake looks really good- and encouraging with the out of the box lighting!  

• @Novica  Sorry to hear about the kitty.  Even when it's time, it's always a hard decision to make.  My condolences.  I love that Christmas greeting from Florida.  Nice.

@Jakiblue  Happy Birthday!

• TabascoJackTabascoJack Posts: 865
    edited December 2016

For those that don't own it yet - You can pick up Stonemason's Urban Sprawl 2 and http://www.daz3d.com/shuttlestar for under $4.00 each if you also purchase a new release.  And http://www.daz3d.com/on-the-fringe-for-genesis-3-females counts as a new release.  You can pick it up for $3.50 if you're a PC+ member. 

Post edited by TabascoJack on

Great deal thanks!  Also, if you are pc+ member, tomorrow, you can buy the add on to the fringes as your new item as well.

edited December 2016
    Redz said:

Picked up http://www.daz3d.com/earthquake for a song in the superhero sale, as I already had the required city ruins products, though I think they are also on deep discount. Just to say make the skydome invisible, add a sky (I used one from terradome 3) and the scene renders very nicely in Iray, without any conversions. I just added a little bloom and vignette. Must also try some atmospheric effects, but as a quick and dirty render, this set/preset holds up very well for Iray.

Ooh, that's great to see it all together. I actually did the reverse- I bought the Earthquake part in a set just after Christmas last year when they had that crazy 90% off Dreamlight sale (omg, heaven!) I didn't have the City Ruins until the superhero sale this week. Thanks for showing what that looks like. It would work well for some scenes I want to render.

Post edited by Llynara on

Rotating banner- Gift Card flash sale. Makes me wonder how many "flash sale" things I miss in those banners. Sometimes I have windows open and I just refresh, I don't always go back to the main store page. 

As mentioned in the daily sale thread, Alieta Sprite Bundle is extremely cheap, so is AERON for Genesis 2 Females and Joline for Genesis 3 Females.

edited December 2016

Be sure and check your discount banner, many of you have been bumped up in status. The 30% people did not get bumped up though. That's apparently the max. The gift card expenditures helped increase your Holiday discount, according to several people. 

Here's Aibell (Gen3F)  with BlueBell Hair (Gen3F)  then Geneva Hair, wearing  Pearl of the Night (Gen3F)   Her mouth is easy to pose, expressions are fluid,  and she has nice teeth. She's not your typical botox babe, which is nice- the skin around her eyes has character. Really like her.

Added to the Free Backgrounds section, different colors, some with Gaussian Blur.  If you have time to make some backgrounds, they're always appreciated! 

AibellGenevaHair.jpg
    503 x 575 - 240K
    AibellBlueBellHairPearlTop.jpg
    503 x 575 - 237K
    AibellBlueBellHairPearlTop2.jpg
    427 x 573 - 205K
    Post edited by Novica on
    edited December 2016

I picked up a few sets I'd been wanting, was being strategic waiting for another 10% on top the 30% Holiday discount, so focused on Ansiko and got the Base Camp Bundle,  Salem City, Peaceful House, Greek Houses, Romantic Garden Terrace

Got Clarice and taking a look at her. Someone else who got her- examine the eyelashes and tell me what you think? I don't like the outer corner (near edges of the face) ending point. The eyelashes don't go all the way over to the end of the eye. I'll render a shooting up shot that will really show you. Edit: Yeah, I don't like these at all. They don't go far enough over and they don't follow the line of the eye.@thorne  This was loading from the character avatars in Content Library (which should work appropriately.)  However...

There were no makeup options when I clicked on Clarice from the list in Content Library, will someone check that to see if my studio is messing up? There was the head, body remove, fairy ears- but none of the makeups.

clariceEyelashes.jpg
    503 x 575 - 180K
    clariceEyelashes2.jpg
    503 x 575 - 179K
    clariceEyelashes3.jpg
    503 x 575 - 181K
    Post edited by Novica on
This discussion has been closed.