Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 7

Comments

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

It does say dynamic- don't have a clue what that means. I will go manually install and see if I can find anything. Otherwise, I'll submit a ticket to get a different free item. I sure am not waiting a month, this offer is gone tomorrow! 

• jakiblue said:

I really must start bookmarking reviews/showcases of products here so I can find them again when I'm ready to buy LOL. I'm sure someone had done Lakeside Folly http://www.daz3d.com/lakeside-folly before? I'm curious whether it was decided it was good? Can anyone remember?

It is one of my favourite sets. Strongly recommended!

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,813

I took the plunge and got HeadShop OneClick Plugin. I was going to post a brief review here but it got too big and I didn't want to impose on Novica's thread. The image is an example of what I got using the plugin and my own morph dial spinning. It's an OK product, I'm liking it better as I've used it so I'm going to keep it, but it's not without some issues in operation and documentation.  You can find the results of my test run here

RGcincy said:

I took the plunge and got HeadShop OneClick Plugin. You can find the results of my test run here

Before I went to look, I guessed Bruce Willis. That does look quite like him!!!

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214

Hey Novica!  Check your messages, just sent you a note :)

Back atcha!  Good to hear from you! laugh

edited December 2016

As mentioned over in Commons (I don't call attention to things because they get removed, but this is already discussed) the HOLLIDAZ code is working again for the second day. Which is good, since it was messed up for a lot of people and not working- it should work again a second day. I got that hair that doesn't work, so I ended up with one thing total anyway. I checked out fast in case it changed (BUT IT SHOULDN'T since people were having trouble with it.)  I got RA Corner View- look at the separate pieces, and you can shader it. It's like a kit.

Post edited by Novica on
    edited December 2016

Getting off the computer for the day, but in case you are looking for a freebie, here's the one I mentioned above (RA Corner View) with the Grassy Grounds Megapack (in my opinion, the very best grass. Always looks realistic.)

I Uber Based everything but left all materials "as is" and added a few splashes by the faucet, which aren't showing up in this lighting. If you want to populate a scene quickly with a variety of plants and trees, as mentioned several times on my past threads, get The Secret Garden by Merlin and Blooming Alley (that is chocked full.)  That's what is used here. In the background is The Monastery. Excellent for when you need a big building as a filler.

You can add more floor to the patio, it's a separate prop. Otherwise, as you can see, you don't have much room. I took out the ivy, it is one large group and it interferes with placement of other props. The chairs and table don't come with the set. They're one of my favorite outdoor sets, they look nicely weathered. (Again, Uber Based and that's it.)

Dome was Y Orientation rotated to 230 degrees for side lighting. I think it was Skies of iRadience.

So, I like it. And it's a freebie.

CornerViewFree.jpg
    1125 x 875 - 1M
    Post edited by Novica on
  • dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723
    Novica said:

As mentioned over in Commons (I don't call attention to things because they get removed, but this is already discussed) the HOLLIDAZ code is working again for the second day. Which is good, since it was messed up for a lot of people and not working- it should work again a second day. I got that hair that doesn't work, so I ended up with one thing total anyway. I checked out fast in case it changed (BUT IT SHOULDN'T since people were having trouble with it.)  I got RA Corner View- look at the separate pieces, and you can shader it. It's like a kit.

Got it free,  thanks. I probably won't remember I have it though because I never used Poser, and I don't look much in the Poser folders for props lol. Is there a way to link it in the Daz Studio-specific content area,  so that if I'm looking in Props/Architecture for example I could see it? Products won't help because 2 months from now I won't remember "Oh yeah, it's called RA Corner View!" Thanks for any suggestions with organizing content!

edited December 2016

Okay- it's in Poser Formats>Daz>Props>RA_CornerForViewPose.

To get it in Categories:

One way to do it is in Content Library, in Categories, right click and Create a Sub Category. I named it Courtyard. (Interesting- I did Courtyard / Patio and it made a folder named Courtyard with a sub folder called Patio! Oops, that wasn't what I wanted so I deleted the Patio subfolder. So just name it Courtyard.

Right Click on RA_CornerForViewPose
    Select Create A Category From>Selected Folder  (if there were any subfolders, you would choose Selected Folder and subfolders)
    Scroll to Courtyard or whatever you named it and click on it. Click Accept. Now you have it in Categories under Courtyard. smiley

To get it in the Daz Studio Formats section:

You can also hold down Shift and select all the images, right click and Copy. Then under Daz Studio Formats>Architecture  right click and Create A Sub Folder (I named mine RA Corner View Fountain Wall)  Then simply right click and Paste. Voila, there are your products in the folder. So you'll find this now in the Architecture section of Daz Studio Formats in whatever you named your folder. (RA Corner View Fountain Wall was mine.)  If the title is too long and gets cut off, or you want to change it for any reason, you can always right click and rename it. 

Also remember that putting !  in front of a file name moves it to the top. ! then !! then !!! etc establishes priority.

I think you'll enjoy it.  

example.jpg
    700 x 252 - 780K
    Post edited by Novica on

You rock @Novica! Thank you so much. So glad there was a way to get them into the DS folders, as I don't use categories. Worked like a charm! yes

dawnblade said:

You rock @Novica! Thank you so much. So glad there was a way to get them into the DS folders, as I don't use categories. Worked like a charm! yes

I would strongly suggest using Categories for things you go to quickly. Saves a lot of clicking through. For example, I have Slosh's hair shaders, the Uber Base, and V3Digitimes Iray skin converters there, all with ! in front of them. So I can go Categories> !SloshHair and zip! I'm there.

Novica said:

I would strongly suggest using Categories for things you go to quickly. Saves a lot of clicking through. For example, I have Slosh's hair shaders, the Uber Base, and V3Digitimes Iray skin converters there, all with ! in front of them. So I can go Categories> !SloshHair and zip! I'm there.

Oh, that would save time with Iray Uber Base. enlightenedOK, I'll give it a try. Thanks!

edited December 2016

VHP3D Angelique      Soleil Hair       M-65 Jacket

Well, she didn't look like the promo to me, so I loaded up G3F and applied the morphs, then loaded up V7 (from scratch, not on the other figure) and applied the morphs. You can compare.

First is on Gen3F. Just an upper shot.

Second is Gen3F, Face Front.

Third, compare that with Victoria 7, Face Front. The expressions don't do quite the same btw. I had to reduce the amount, they react more easily on V7. That was the main difference I noticed.

Fourth, side view on Gen3F.  (I personally don't like her from the side.)

Fifth, side view on Victoria 7. I noticed the nose tip is very slightly more tipped, and there is slightly more space between the nose and upper lip, with slightly more indentation. Not much.

VHP3D AngeliqueGen3F.jpg
    425 x 575 - 106K
    VHP3D AngeliqueGen3F2.jpg
    425 x 575 - 142K
    VHP3D AngeliqueVict72.jpg
    425 x 575 - 137K
    VHP3D AngeliqueGen3F3.jpg
    425 x 575 - 135K
    VHP3D AngeliqueVict7.jpg
    425 x 575 - 136K
    Post edited by Novica on
    edited December 2016

As of an hour ago, Gift Cards were still 17% off with a new release (including PC+ items)  This wasn't announced formally that I can find.

Post edited by Novica on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

@dawnblade, if you don't have a huge amount of stuff yet it might be helpful to categorize all of it.  I have all of my content in my own categories and its way way easier to find things.  But, I started categorizing early on because the way its set up natively is completely unintuitive to the way I work.  I spent more time looking for stuff than making stuff lol.

Thanks Ice Dragon Art. Sounds like it's worth looking into.

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,045
    dawnblade said:
    Novica said:

Oh, that would save time with Iray Uber Base. enlightenedOK, I'll give it a try. Thanks!

What I did with Iray Uber base was add it as an action to the Script menu.

Right click on it to bring up the menu, scroll to the bottom where it says Create Custom Action and click on it. This will add the Script Menu at the top of the interface (if it isn't already there) and add a link to Uber Base. The next time you need it just go up to the Script Menu and click on the action for Uber Base, no more searching. Remember to save the Layout before closing DAZ Studio.

edited December 2016

Got to love the prices. Two products, same store, same discounts,  and the items are the same price. Well, in the cart, one was was $5.59 and the other  $4.47  and neither one of those are right when my Holiday percentage is applied in any manner (whether off the sale price or full price.)  Oh heavens, we have an entire month of this? I wrote up my entire order and was overcharged $8.85 this time. This is really time consuming and I have out of town family coming so I really don't want to spend my time doing math writeups. 

I did get P3D Cordia, she's a cutie. Also the Ajax Hair Bundle and Bridget Hair Bundle (even though Gen2F hair fits on Gen3F, at the discounted price it was worth getting the Gen3 version.) 

Post edited by Novica on
    Fishtales said:

I've got a couple things that got put there by accident- how do I get them off? Right clicking doesn't have a delete option. 

Novica said:
    Fishtales said:

I've got a couple things that got put there by accident- how do I get them off? Right clicking doesn't have a delete option. 

On the top menu.

Window/workspace/customize (or F3)

On the right pane open Menus/main menu/&scripts; select and right click on the one you want removed.

Thanks!  Good to know. 

edited December 2016

Someone just pointed it out on the sale thread- note there is a new word to get another free RDNA item.  The graphic changed but you might not notice it.  HOLLIDAZ-LING 

Post edited by Novica on
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,566
    Novica said:

Someone just pointed it out on the sale thread- note there is a new word to get another free RDNA item.  The graphic changed but you might not notice it.  HOLLIDAZ-LING 

Ah! Didn't notice the change. I picked up sir guy the fox! He looked cute.

I went with The ElvenBed. Will see what can be Cutout Opacity out, then use shaders and change it up. 

Fishtales said:

Right click on it to bring up the menu, scroll to the bottom where it says Create Custom Action and click on it. This will add the Script Menu at the top of the interface (if it isn't already there) and add a link to Uber Base. The next time you need it just go up to the Script Menu and click on the action for Uber Base, no more searching. Remember to save the Layout before closing DAZ Studio.

Nice! Another great shortcut. Thank you @Fishtales!

dawnblade said:
    Fishtales said:

Nice! Another great shortcut. Thank you @Fishtales!

You're welcome.

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

@dawnblade, if you don't have a huge amount of stuff yet it might be helpful to categorize all of it.  I have all of my content in my own categories and its way way easier to find things.  But, I started categorizing early on because the way its set up natively is completely unintuitive to the way I work.  I spent more time looking for stuff than making stuff lol.

What categories do you find work best? Looking for suggestions as I want to do mine and there are so many different ways to approach it. What worked best for you? 

SereneNight and I did a complete breakdown of what we use for all the categories, can't find that in the threads though as it may have been as far back as thread two (don't have time or inclination to go through all of them!)  But in my first post under references in this thread,  I had some Set suggestions (and I didn't use the codes after I did all that, but did use the categories. Then I quit because I got sidetracked as usual.) You can also use the categories for props on some of them. (aka, Patio, Western, Egyptian, etc)

First list   and additions

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

Thanks, Novica! I will check those out!

This discussion has been closed.