Released - Content Package Assist (Commercial)

Comments

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610

I somehow missed this when it was on sale.   Trying to decide if I need it now or to wait until it is on sale again.   It looks really cool.  So will this help me install all my RDNA stuff?

It'll create IM installers from the RDNA stuff to install with DIM.

I am storing the stuff in onedrive cloud but was wondering if the IM installers would be a better way to store it than keeping the unzipped versions of the stuff in the cloud?

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,845
    I am storing the stuff in onedrive cloud but was wondering if the IM installers would be a better way to store it than keeping the unzipped versions of the stuff in the cloud?

It is a personal preference. I myself prefer to keep a copy of the original as well for backup purposes.

• I also am not finding the program CPA in DIM.

Any more suggestions for downloading it?

• I also am not finding the program CPA in DIM.

Any more suggestions for downloading it?

Do you have the General, Software, Windows 32 and Windows 64 options selected on the Downloads tab?

• Yes, but the only CPA download available is the present update.

• I'm not sure what you are after, that is the complete product.

• I didn't know that. I thought it added something to the older installed version.

If that is complete then that is perfect.

Thank you so much.

• It is installed now.

Many thanks.

• You are welcome.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890

So then, I have a lot of old exe based installed stuff from DAZ, Poser 11 Pro Content, RTDNA, ShareCG all copied to my DAZ 3D 'Content Library' manually or via the DAZ Studio add 'Content Library Path for Poser'...

I buy this product and can then navigate to the DAZ Content Library product direct and add as many products as I want? So I pick, eg, a product I bought from Rendo and go it it's content directory in the DAZ Library and add all the loader scripts for that product to your product DIM maker, then you prduct DIM maker will create the DIM?

Or is this a case where I unzip a new zip product and before copying it to DAZ Studio folder use that unzipped product to make a DIM that will install to the DAZ Studio content library using relative paths?

Or can I do both?

Thanks.

• So then, I have a lot of old exe based installed stuff from DAZ, Poser 11 Pro Content, RTDNA, ShareCG all copied to my DAZ 3D 'Content Library' manually or via the DAZ Studio add 'Content Library Path for Poser'...

I buy this product and can then navigate to the DAZ Content Library product direct and add as many products as I want? So I pick, eg, a product I bought from Rendo and go it it's content directory in the DAZ Library and add all the loader scripts for that product to your product DIM maker, then you prduct DIM maker will create the DIM?

Or is this a case where I unzip a new zip product and before copying it to DAZ Studio folder use that unzipped product to make a DIM that will install to the DAZ Studio content library using relative paths?

Or can I do both?

Thanks.

It can only take existing zips to create DIM installable packages. If you still have the old exe files, then you can install that to a temp directory, create a zip from said temp directory and then use this app to create a DIM package from the zip you created.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890

So then, I have a lot of old exe based installed stuff from DAZ, Poser 11 Pro Content, RTDNA, ShareCG all copied to my DAZ 3D 'Content Library' manually or via the DAZ Studio add 'Content Library Path for Poser'...

Or can I do both?

Thanks.

It can only take existing zips to create DIM installable packages. If you still have the old exe files, then you can install that to a temp directory, create a zip from said temp directory and then use this app to create a DIM package from the zip you created.

OK, thanks.

• Can someone kindly tell me what this does? I mean does it install all of the products that you've downloaded to daz? What if it's in a folder with the promo jpgs, templates, and of course the contents with the data, runtime, etc? Will it install everything to daz automatically? Just curious how this works.

• And does anyone have a video tutorial on this?

edited December 2016

Can someone kindly tell me what this does? I mean does it install all of the products that you've downloaded to daz? What if it's in a folder with the promo jpgs, templates, and of course the contents with the data, runtime, etc? Will it install everything to daz automatically? Just curious how this works.

The best way to see what it does is by reading the User Guide.

No, there is no video that I'm aware of.

Post edited by DoctorJellybean on
    edited December 2016

Or can I do both?

Thanks.

It was just pointed out to me that my answer wasn't correct. Read the User Guide for more info.

Basically, you need to install the old exe to a temp directory but then all you need to do is create a new DIM package and add the files in the temp directory to the package.  Adding the files manually like this will also
    show you what is going on in the package.

Apologies for the initial incorrect information, I had a brain freeze at the point of posting smiley

Post edited by DoctorJellybean on
  • Kiwi-HawkKiwi-Hawk Posts: 88
    edited June 2017

Kia ora

I just brought this, I find when I try to launch the program I'm getting

Class not registered, CassID

{56FDF344-FD6D-11D0-958A-00607C9A090

and

Access violation at address 00D6F2C9 in module 'ContentPackageAssist.exe'. Read of address 0000020.

along with

Access violation at address 00D7189D  in module 'ContentPackageAssist.exe'. Read of address 0000010.

Then the program opens, BUT I'm not comfiy trying to do anything at this point so I close it and it crash's into a "NOT Responding" state

So I guess you could say I'm NOT a happy camper. I brought off the Daz site and installed via the manager as instructed

I run a shabby i7 6800k with 128Gb ram and a Nvidia G-force 1080 Ti on an Asus  Sabertooth board and windoz 7

Post edited by Kiwi-Hawk on

Does it happen everytime you start CPA?

edited June 2017

Yes Sir it does

Not sure if there's a way to froce a redownload and re-install or a way to verify files?

Uninstall in DIM, then select Content Package Assist on Ready to Install tab, right-click Content Package Assist and select Delete Package(s) - Content Package Assist. Restart DIM and you should now be able to re-download it.

• What value is under (default) for this registry key? [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{56FDF344-FD6D-11d0-958A-006097C9A090}\InProcServer32]

%SystemRoot%\system32\explorerframe.dll

You may have a corrupted registry. Can you post a screenshot of all your running applications in Task Manager.

Kia ora

It's still the same and I looked, there is no CLSID under the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\

• burningchr0meburningchr0me Posts: 21
    edited June 2017

%SystemRoot%\system32\explorerframe.dll

You may have a corrupted registry. Can you post a screenshot of all your running applications in Task Manager.

I should have quoted. I meant from Kiwi-Hawk... sorry.

Kiwi-Hawk said:

Kia ora

It's still the same and I looked, there is no CLSID under the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\

That's not possible... That's where everything in windows registers their class ids. There's hundreds, if not thousands, of entries under there:

clsid.png
    427 x 272 - 44K
    Post edited by burningchr0me on
    edited June 2017

I searched using find in Regedit for "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\"  "CLSID"  (without quotes of corse)  and got no responce will try again

I even searched for "Content Package Assist" and it did not show any entries at all

• I searched using find in Regedit for "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\"  "CLSID"  (without quotes of corse)  and got no responce will try again

Kiwi-Hawk said:

I even searched for "Content Package Assist" and it did not show any entries at all

Then there is something seriously wrong with your windows, or you are doing something slightly wrong in the search box. Outside of the actual HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID directories, every program under HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT has their own CLSID key...  See attached picture. Why do you need to search at all anyway, just click the plus sign next to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT and then scroll down until you see CLSID.

Also, that error you got probably has nothing to do with CPA directly. I've seen that error with other programs, and I think it has to do with .net. Some malware can also mess with your registry, though, so that's why I asked about that.

clsid2.png
    427 x 469 - 54K

Kia ora

My bad at 68 I did not see the . sorry  

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{00000001-4FEF-40D3-B3FA-E0531B897F98}  is right at the top of the list under CLSID

• This error actually deals with a Taskbar COM object and is usually due to the registry starting to get corrupted.  The corruption can happen due to anything as losing power while the computer is on or shutting off the power to the computer without going through the proper shutdown sequence (Start->Power->Shutdown) or the system locking up at one time or other and having to be restarted.  This two are the most common especially with Windows 7.  The reason being is that without the proper shutdown occuring the registery could be in the process of reading and/or writing information into its own database and the linking pointers in the database get skewed out of place.  Usually the only way to clear this is to restore from a previous backup or reinstalling Windows. Nobody likes to hear having to do this but what can one do.  Hopefully you can get things working right without having to do something drastic like doing a restore or a reinstall of windows.  If you do find a way around this please let the fourm know so that it may help others.

Kia ora

Thank you for rhe bad news lol,.. I did have to clean some malware out not long back, I thought I had it sorted but I gues it or the cleaning and done me bad

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited January 2018

ok ,I feel dumb..

Where is the program located after install?

I don't see it in Daz,  so I guess I need to start it on it's own...  but cannot find the file

(unless i unzip the download IM version...

There might be a shortcut on your desktop, but it is

C:\Program Files (x86)\BWC\ContentPA

@doctorjellybean     That was a good question, it is something that needs to be at the very beginning of the PDF explanation. The PDF is extremely well done, and definitely, a lot of time was put into it- but users are expected to just jump right in to how it works, when it is necessary to find the program first. It's 2017, the product is still selling and a valuable tool, so would you consider getting that updated? I wasted time looking in Windows>Panes trying to see if it was a script, in Create, you name it. I had to Google to find this thread (after going through several others.)

Otherwise, thanks for taking the time to explain it so thoroughly.

Post edited by Novica on