Show us your 3Delight renders

edited December 2016 in Art Studio
Hi all. Could be as photo real as you are trying to make it or maybe more comic or artistic. Straight off the render or heavy post processing is okay too. I should also add animations are also welcome!
Post edited by Barefoot Upto My Soul on

Comments

• WTF
    Test 03e C1 18m58s loft IBL.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 159K
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,878

This is a LineRender9000 layered thing with some mild Photoshop filters.

I _love_ 3DL's options for illustrated style. I also like it in photorealistic, but I find 3DL incredibly unpredictable. Sometimes I get decent results in a reasonable amount of time, sometimes it takes a billion hours (particularly with UE2, which I normally try to avoid)

I'm also curious why Show Iray renders fits in Commons, while 3DL is 'Art Studio'

abandoned_city.png
    1080 x 1080 - 2M

One of my favorite photorealistic 3DL works.

patrol.png
    1747 x 1080 - 3M
  • Kevin SandersonKevin Sanderson Posts: 1,643
    edited December 2016
    Post edited by Kevin Sanderson on
  • edited December 2016

This is a LineRender9000 layered thing with some mild Photoshop filters.

I _love_ 3DL's options for illustrated style. I also like it in photorealistic, but I find 3DL incredibly unpredictable. Sometimes I get decent results in a reasonable amount of time, sometimes it takes a billion hours (particularly with UE2, which I normally try to avoid)

I'm also curious why Show Iray renders fits in Commons, while 3DL is 'Art Studio'

Both of those are well done. The stones, are they supposed to float or is that from the mech pounding the ground?

Maybe because the commons is for anything that doesn't have a specific place and 3Delight renders are art.

Should I move this thread to the commons?

Post edited by Barefoot Upto My Soul on
  • Kevin that is a sweet fast machine you have. Under two minutes. My excuse for my older PC is so I could go make a cup of coffee.
  • AoA fog
    Cloud City Cfog T2 25m29s Haze.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 804K

Bad placement that I didn't notice when I did it. ;)

• This one I was doing so live people could sit behind the counter and someone standing in front of the sink.
    PSX_20161203_104901.jpg
    1646 x 925 - 261K
  • That was using wowie's original photo studio kit.

• Ah, heck. I might as well contribute this quick one. The setting is the Z Reading Nook set (which seems to only have Iray mats) with UberSurface applied. Lighting is omnifreaker's UberEnvironment2. Took about 8 minutes to render.

Reading Nook 3DL.jpg
    500 x 650 - 283K

What ds version are you using? I can't seem to get ue2 to do much at all.

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,780
    edited December 2016

most photorealistic I have done so far, straight out of the renderer

and most anime, postwork was overlay of the two renders, the fishies,  and the text

otherwise visit my gallery, it's full of 3delight renders

Post edited by Linwelly on
  • algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,562
    edited December 2016

Was just working on an Iray->3DL material conversion for one of my recent purchases. The initial conversion is necessary to create a starting point for subsequent material conversion/application (for each of 8 different render passes):

These 8 3DL render passes were then used to render the scene in a bunch of styles - here's a quick render example of a couple of the styles:

ETA: After looking at these again, still want to make some changes to his eyes . . . /tweak

- Greg

x-x-800.png
    800 x 800 - 1M
    bw-800.png
    800 x 800 - 756K
    render-passes.png
    400 x 803 - 320K
    Post edited by algovincian on
  • What ds version are you using? I can't seem to get ue2 to do much at all.

4.9.2.70. Have the beta, but haven't tried 3Delight in it yet.

Another image; the same scene, but with an added spotlight with raytraced shadows. Render time of 17 minutes

Reading Nook 3DL 2.jpg
    500 x 650 - 224K
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,514

...one I did about a year ago but one which I think is among my best.

Biker Merida 1200 pw.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 1M
  • Another one, this time with the lights from wowie's Lumina Materials set.

3DL Lumina light test.jpg
    500 x 650 - 251K
  • LotharenLotharen Posts: 282

Love seeing this! Those are some really good renders everyone. :)

• mmalbertmmalbert Posts: 412

A few more recent efforts. Not really into photo realism and do a lot of postwork, so 3DL works well for my needs.

Illumbrella-Late-Night-Hijinks.png
    1000 x 700 - 1M
    CastleKids.png
    850 x 1000 - 1M
    princess-vs-the-dragon.jpg
    1050 x 1300 - 938K
    edited December 2016

..nice. Getting a storybook illustration style is one of the reasons I like 3DL.

Really love the last one.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • mmalbertmmalbert Posts: 412

Thanks! I prefer a more illustrated look too, though I often use various filters/layers to accentuate that and to find a look I like for each project.

A few more, mostly older. The last one is a recent ongoing experiment-- so I can learn how to use more advanced surface settings -- but I keep getting sidetracked and haven't come back to it.

What-Was-That.png
    1200 x 745 - 1M
    What-Was-That-02.png
    950 x 1160 - 1M
    test-balloon-dog-vs-cactus.png
    1000 x 600 - 256K
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

Damn I love these.

I always really sucked at 3Delight, so welcomed IRAY.

Yet I've been reading these various threads and realised it was lack of knowledge.

..here's another somewhat older one I did after the style of one of my favourite artists.

Momma's_Little_Goddess_by_KyotoKid.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 2M
  • Well, my whole gallery here is obviously 3Delight.

http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/users/3921

The biggest problem is that I am not an artist, so my renders don't look as impressive as something should do to really grab people's attention and tell them to use my preferred renderer =) Neither do I really render any subjects that most people find interesting, like pin-ups.

I think I managed to get some nice colours going in this one (it's an older one, only using the shaders coming with DS, like UberSurface and UberEnvironment2)

• This one is another oldie, this time with UberSurface2 and some postwork to balance out the colours.

I am fairly happy with this one outside the eyewhites. I really failed with them. Too bright.

// the images in this post and the one above are clickable and lead to gallery pages that have some extra info //

• Mustakettu85Mustakettu85 Posts: 2,933
    edited December 2016

This one is a yet another oldie, a "promo" for my subsurface scattering mega-tutorial (the link leads to its ShareCG page).

I guess this ultra-translucent skin works for a decidedly non-human being. Other than that, the effect is certainly overdone.

Post edited by Mustakettu85 on
  • Over the last couple of years I've been concentrating on writing my own shaders, so not many "finished" renders wind up being done. And believe me, my test renders are boring as hell. So you can take a look at my latest render here (it features Victoria 2 - yes, the second generation): http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/1844646/#Comment_1844646

• Here is one I submitted and was published in DS Creative

Ella Kay.jpg
    1754 x 2480 - 283K
  • Here is an old one that was done as a promotional render for a texture set I did.

Bekki Micro Bikini.jpg
    1754 x 2480 - 518K
This discussion has been closed.