*CLOSED* RRRR Alternative Holidays Render Contest

Comments

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,092
    luci45 said:

Did someone(s) mention Lucky Luci's LBs? cheeky Here is my pull #3. (January will be so welcome to me.)

Ah but with your talents, how many LB's will you have by February?!? surpriselaugh

• KaribouKaribou Posts: 1,325

I will get around to commenting on your awesome entries tomorrow.  For now, here's my next pull.  Much less scary than the last one!!

1180 Blood Red Outfit for Genesis 3 Female(s) DAZ
    2919 Dragon Skeleton (Articulate Vertebrae) DAZ
    12141 Voodoo Queen Outfit for Genesis 2 Female(s) DAZ
    9617 Serene Garden RR
    LB: 2584 Destiny for Olympia 6 DAZ
    LB: 9051 Rons Rain DAZ
    RRRR2.jpg
    2000 x 1735 - 2M
  • TotteTotte Posts: 13,473
    Karibou said:

I will get around to commenting on your awesome entries tomorrow.  For now, here's my next pull.  Much less scary than the last one!!

9617 Serene Garden RR

psst, wrong thread...... 

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited November 2016

It said alternative holidays, not alternative threads   

Post edited by Chohole on
    Totte said:
    Karibou said:

9617 Serene Garden RR

psst, wrong thread...... 

Did I post this to the entries only thread? I'm so confused.  I blame the pain medication and the past-midnight timeframe!

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,649
    MelanieL said:
    luci45 said:

Did someone(s) mention Lucky Luci's LBs? cheeky Here is my pull #3. (January will be so welcome to me.)

Ah but with your talents, how many LB's will you have by February?!? surpriselaugh

Last January Totte mercifully wiped the LB slate clean and we started over again. I think that will happen again...surprise

luci45 said:
    MelanieL said:
    luci45 said:

Last January Totte mercifully wiped the LB slate clean and we started over again. I think that will happen again...surprise

I feel like you deserve a trophy or something. You've overloaded the system until a hard reboot was required -- more than once! 

Someone get on this -- "Luci's Legendary Lucky(B) Laurels"  laugh LLLL for RRRR!

• GopherusGopherus Posts: 1,103

Thanks Luci45 for your comments

@Luci45 #2  Great holiday!  and BYOB!  what an opportunity for bonding.  good one!

@Totte #1  Quarks and Muons and Bears, Oh my.  That will get the lab rats moving!  Trying to outrun a quark.  And there s probably plenty of static cling for those balloons to trip up unobservant runners.

#2  What a great holiday!  A celebration of first person shooters!  and one designed especially for female gamers.  well done!

#3  An excuse for consuming grilled hamburgers and frankfurters!  Truly a popular local holiday!

Thanks Karibou for the update on Zawarkal,  she was a master of unique symbolism and color.

@Karibou #1  So there is an afterlife at the afterparty! another fun holiday. good one!

edited November 2016

Gopherus #2

Sacrament Font 
    Lisa s Botanicals African Lily 
    Castillo del Diablo 
    Dystopia City Blocks 1-10 
    The 3 Bears  (LB)
    Sushi Time 1  (LB)

Bad Sushi!

Goldilocks had it down to a science… she waited for Dystopia - Ciudad del Diablo Sister Cities Day… she broke into the bears castillo… she passed up the first sushi as too warm and the second as too cold and headed straight to the third plate… but if it was just right then why was she so sick and seeing such strange hallucinations??

bearjump2.jpg
    1184 x 1480 - 1M
    Post edited by Gopherus on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,050
    Gopherus said:

Gopherus #2

Sacrament Font 
    Lisa s Botanicals African Lily 
    Castillo del Diablo 
    Dystopia City Blocks 1-10 
    The 3 Bears  (LB)
    Sushi Time 1  (LB)

Bad Sushi!

Goldilocks had it down to a science… she waited for Dystopia - Ciudad del Diablo Sister Cities Day… she broke into the bears castillo… she passed up the first sushi as too warm and the second as too cold and headed straight to the third plate… but if it was just right then why was she so sick and seeing such strange hallucinations??

What is the name of your Alternate Holiday?

Dystopia - Ciudad del Diablo Sister Cities Day

When each city sends delegates and samples of its foods and crafts to the other for celebration.  The bears wouldn t miss out on it, although goldilocks used it as an excuse to raid the bears den.

Gopherus said:

Dystopia - Ciudad del Diablo Sister Cities Day

When each city sends delegates and samples of its foods and crafts to the other for celebration.  The bears wouldn t miss out on it, although goldilocks used it as an excuse to raid the bears den.

Oh, I see it now in the description. I guess I was expecting it in the title. Sorry.

Karibou said:
    Totte said:
    Karibou said:

9617 Serene Garden RR

psst, wrong thread...... 

Did I post this to the entries only thread? I'm so confused.  I blame the pain medication and the past-midnight timeframe!

Yes you did, but The magic Chohole corrected that four you ;-)

Gopherus #2 - neat way to use those Dystopian City Blocks! That's quite an hallucination.

MelanieL said:

Gopherus #2 - neat way to use those Dystopian City Blocks! That's quite an hallucination.

Yes, that was really out of the box thinking.

edited November 2016

Thanks MelanieL, goldilocks thought that the bears were all blockheads anyway.

Thanks Barbult, out of the blox for sure

edited November 2016

Thanks MelanieL, Luci45, IndigoJanson, Barbult & Gopherus for your nice comments

Gopherus #2: Ingenious use of a full, really good and funny one!

Tag: Totte #4 

Totte said:

#6126 UFO (#19444)
    #3930 Nick Steampunk Bundle (#12457) {
        Steam Bike Pro (#12064)
        Nick for M4 (#12331)
        Ace of Spades Jack (#12381)
    }
    #6652 Yee Haw Bundle (#20337) {
        Western Outlaw for Genesis 2 Male(s) (#19851)
        Heartbeat for Genesis 2 Female(s) (#20166)
        Melissa Lynch for Genesis 2 Female(s) (#20182)    
    }
    #5601 Symphony for Reflections Vanity (#19126)

Also Used:
    M4 
    G2M + Alfred
    Concert Crowd Poses
    G2F + Gia 6 Iray + Tangerine Hair 
    G2F + Iray Monique 6 + Big Afro hair
    G3M + Gwenbleiz + Cowboy Outfit + Riccardo Hair + Western Weapon Collection
    G2F + Mei Lin 6 Iray + The Sheriff + Layton Hair
    G3M + John + Cowboy Outfit + Miles Hair
    G3F + Pippa + Giddy Up + Long Shag Hair
    Genesis + Alien Head plus Raw SlimMan + Mr Hyde Skin + Sky Chaser
    Western Town
    TP Western
    Skies of Iradiance

Shaders Used:
    JM Human Shaders
    EcVh0 Daily Cloth Shader
    UHT2 Hair Salon
    Subsurface Toolbox
    Skin Builder for Genesis
    PBS Shaders vol 3

Dozenian Roswell Alien Abduction Festival

Celebrating the first documented alien abduction of American citizens, in Roswell, New Mexico, in June 1851, people gather for a dozenian (every 12th year) ceremony with the Aliens. The women dance and hope that one day they will trade places with Lizzie, Katie or Suzanna who are in space now. The women put on makeup and dresses like 1851, and the men dressed as cowboys and stand guard to prevent any incidents by party crashing outsiders. Occasional ufologists will be invited to attend under a strict NDA. On the 8th dozenian celebration, a fatal accident occurred involving the aliens.

RoswellUFO.jpg
    1600 x 1154 - 475K
    Post edited by Totte on

Thanks Totte for your comments

@totte #4  LOL! I can certainly understand why the accident occurred.  When the aliens got a look at those female hitchhikers looking to get picked up, they just totally lost it.  It even could happen to the wanta be party crashers driving their pickups.  good one!

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

Saphirewild #1 Pull

121 Epic Heroine Poses For G3F (Daz)

123 Evilson for M4 (Daz)

22 Basicwear for V4 (Daz)

252 Ornaments (Holiday) (Daz, RDNA)

Numbers generated @ Random.com in which they have changed the way do things on their site really weird now it generates all numbers at once now!!!

edited December 2016

Gopherus #3

tomb of dead 
    dream home master bathroom fixtures 
    nybras 
    faveral village bundle 
    pure hair crazy  (LB)
    eastern terrace  (LB) 

Dog Daze

The first week of august is celebrated as the Dog Daze of Summer.  In Dogtown the week is given over to the enjoyment of the dogs.  Everything a dog could desire is given to them.  Special meals are prepared and doggie bags provided.  Extra fire hydrants and toilets are brought out for their enjoyment.  Even Timmy volunteers for the Dunk Timmy in the Well Game to make up for all the times he caused Lassie so much grief trying to rescue him.  And, of course, as part of the week, all tormenting cats are flown out of town.

dog daze.jpg
    1184 x 1480 - 2M
    edited December 2016
    barbult said:

Pull #1

1. The Promenade Deck DS
    2. Vandalized Parkside Box Car DS
    3. XS Wear for Genesis 2 Female(s) and Genesis
    4. Karen 7
    5. Jonas Hair for Genesis 3 Male(s)
    6. Buzzed Hair for Genesis

Look! Some stuff isn't ancient!

Tag: barbult #1

Railroad Rodent Roundup Day

Every year the residents of Hamelin, Oklahoma celebrate the day the Pied Piper divested their sister city of Rats in 1284. On Railroad Rodent Roundup Day they attempt to remove all the rats and mice that invaded their railway system in the past 12 months. Having no musical talent to lure the rodents away, the modern Hamelin residents resort to burlap bags for their catch and release program. This year, the release part came a little too early and unexpectedly.

RRRR 2016 Dec 1 Train XS PS.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 2M
    Post edited by barbult on

Gopherus #3: What a great week for dogs. Free treats, such a nice idea. Love it!
    barbult #1: Anotherone doing small real world and history connections to make it more plausible, very good one, as always!

Adn we have gotten us some more sponsors, check first page, and they hopefully will come out and play with us too, at least some of them.

Thanks Totte, after all every dog has his day... er... week

@Barbult #1  They sure were lucky that the busted sack was in the Hamelin Railroad Rodent Round Up (RRRR) and not across the state line at the Sweetwater Rattlesnake Round Up!  Well done!!

Pull #4

Fantasy Castle 2011 Castle Keep 
    Woodland Realm Play Set 2 
    Innocent Hair 
    Minnie Bow Hair 
    Truck Clothing Set    (LB)
    The Heavies    (LB)

Totte #4 - clever idea and such a lot going on in that scene. Nice poses too.
    Gopherus #3 - great idea! I love the dog at the front taking a real interest in his doggy-bag, and the alsation wishing that cat was in his!
    barbult #1 - also a great idea - I like the way you've got that rat just poking out of the bulging sack and the Promenade Deck fits in surprisingly well to the background.

• Digital Lite DesignDigital Lite Design Posts: 728
    edited December 2016

810 - Bedroom Dreams for Genesis 2 Females (Sku# 20625)
    10432 - Elfen Citadel Platform Environments Pack (Rendo)
    10099 - Young Teens 5 Justin (Sku# 15286)
    447 - Anna HD for Victoria 7 (Sku# 34143)

Random numbers generated Dec 1 2016 at 17:3:26 by www.psychicscience.org  
    Free educational resources for parapsychology and psychical research.

Well isn't this just waiting for a TOS violation.  My first time to play and out of all 11,520 installed products (Animals, toons, etc....) on the spread sheet THIS is what I got.  ROFLMAO.  Wish me luck!!

Post edited by Digital Lite Design on

pull #2

1. Headphones
    2. Gianni 7
    3. Props Pack - Grapes
    4. Pixie Perfect Poses for Izabella 7
    5. Victoria 6 HD
    6. Birthday Girl Hair for Genesis 2 Female(s)

Thank you Totte, Gopherus and MelanieL for your comments. Gopherus, you're right, rattlesnakes would have been a whole different game.

edited December 2016

810 - Bedroom Dreams for Genesis 2 Females (Sku# 20625)
    10432 - Elfen Citadel Platform Environments Pack (Rendo)
    10099 - Young Teens 5 Justin (Sku# 15286)
    447 - Anna HD for Victoria 7 (Sku# 34143)

Random numbers generated Dec 1 2016 at 17:3:26 by www.psychicscience.org  
    Free educational resources for parapsychology and psychical research.

Well isn't this just waiting for a TOS violation.  My first time to play and out of all 11,520 installed products (Animals, toons, etc....) on the spread sheet THIS is what I got.  ROFLMAO.  Wish me luck!!

Oh, I can already picture that TOS-violating scene with an underage male besides. You'll definitely have to come up with a new idea!
    Thanks for joining us as a sponsor, too!

Post edited by barbult on
  • Welcome!  :)

And yep, I came up with a perfectly PG scene  LOL