Free RGB Hdri Soft Lights for Iray by VAlzheimer

Hey guys, I've created a freebie lights for Iray, published yesterday on my web page so I decided to let you know here as well :)

This is my first set of Environment lights/HDRis for Daz Studio and it includes 10 one-click presets of different environments to use in your renders. Package also includes additional light preset, Render Settings for Daz Studio, 13 Bonus Settings to help manipulate included Environments and 10 HDRi high resolution maps in 6000x3000px size. These are free for both commercial and non-commercial use (without package distribution).

You can download them and see all the details here on my official website: http://www.valzheimer.info/2016/11/va2016-rgb-hdri-soft-lights-for-daz.html

Here's also a walkthrough video so you can see them in action (mind my accent, I'm not a native English speaker): 

Have fun and enjoy and let me know what you think ;) If you like them leave a comment and of course follow VAlzheimer page on Facebook and subscribe to my website, I'll make more free content and tutorials as time allows.

Comments

• DigiDotzDigiDotz Posts: 508

Very nice, just what I needed right now smiley

• ConnaticConnatic Posts: 279

Thank you!  This is very useful and the video is also appreciated.

• You're welcome guys, have fun!! :))

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,922

Thanks

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

Adding to the HDRI list....

• mjc1016 said:

Adding to the HDRI list....

Thank you!! :)

I'll have a play with them tonight...

• I will give them a try.  Thanks Valzheimer!!

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

Wow I am always so truely amazed with the different ways you can light a scene for IRay!!!!

Thank you so much for this and I am going to be trying these out very soon

edited November 2016

I had a chance to do some renders with them...and yep, they are pretty nice.  Not sure what I'll use the single colors for, but the 'white' and mixed ones will bequite useful. 

valslights.png
    512 x 512 - 350K
    Post edited by mjc1016 on
  • Yep they are rather soft, as I left multiple light sources on the map so there's not much direct exposure hence the lack of shadows, I may do differently in some future packs :) I aimed for softer look that blends well for soft portraits rather than larger scenes where you'd need directional lights to get the good feeling of say, outdoors and such. 

Thanks for showing your results and glad you liked them! ^^

V.

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

Thank you very much :)

Laurie

• Thanks!!!

• RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631
    mjc1016 said:

I had a chance to do some renders with them...and yep, they are pretty nice.  Not sure what I'll use the single colors for, but the 'white' and mixed ones will bequite useful. 

nice

would like to see this animated

Ruphuss said:
    mjc1016 said:

nice

would like to see this animated

Yeah, so would I, but I'm having a problem of Studio not wanting to display Japanese characters, so trying to retarget bones is an exercise in frustration.

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,153

Thank you 

• Mustakettu85Mustakettu85 Posts: 2,933

Thank you, VAlzheimer, for these interesting light maps =) Here is one of them used in a custom 3Delight setup...