Genesis Wishlist... what do you want to see next for Genesis?

Comments

• RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460
    edited November 2012

One thing I wouldn't mind seeing is hair for M5 that has a scalp which can be geografted to his head. There's nothing worse, to me anyway, than short hair that conforms only to the top of the head leaving the sides flapping uselessly. A geografted scalp would mean that the hair could look like it was growing properly from the head everywhere that it is meant to and it wouldn't look like a dodgy wig. The scalp could also have the same material zones as Skin_Face and Skin_Head and the same UV properties as the rest of Genesis so that any head texture could be used.

Whether or not this could actually be done is beyond me, but, it's food for thought.....

CHEERS!

Post edited by Rogerbee on
  • ZamuelNowZamuelNow Posts: 753
    edited December 1969

RKane_1 said:
    Couples poses (similar to:Tender Moments for M4/V4; Need a Lift - poses for M4/V4; Together Pose Set)

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/true-love
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/subtle-couple-poses-for-v5-m5

• RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460
    edited November 2012

I'd like to see some Elite textures that are just as good in Poser as they are in DS. There's been too much emphasis placed on the Elite Human Surface Shader which Poser users can't use.

If you look at Snarlygribbly's EZ Skin 2, there are things that it creates that I think all textures should have as standard, things like procedural bump and specular maps.

Now that both platforms are back in the game again it's time they were both properly catered for.

CHEERS!

Post edited by Rogerbee on
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,551
    edited December 1969

Poses for groups of characters would be nice .Poses with genesis with various animals. I would like poses which are... .Expressive and use the hands near the face, and expression combos.

edited December 1969

I really want to see an Autofit option for long (loose?) dresses. The current one for knee length dresses tends to massively over stretch the bottom of floor length dresses and sashes that theoretically should work like dresses. More Autofit options for looser clothing overall would be good.

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

ZamuelNow said:
    I really want to see an Autofit option for long (loose?) dresses. The current one for knee length dresses tends to massively over stretch the bottom of floor length dresses and sashes that theoretically should work like dresses. More Autofit options for looser clothing overall would be good.

Agreed! And more looser clothing options in general...cloaks, coats, robes, gowns, etc. I like Mec4D's products, and, SickleYield has some nice ones at Renderosity (and they're 50% off today!) but options in the store here are limited. I'd be especially interested in ethnic/traditional/historical clothing along these lines.
  • MardookMardook Posts: 291
    edited December 1969

How about a multiple selection option of collision items for smoothing modifier. This would help sell items of clothing that are layered upon the figure, bras, panties, undies, undershirts, etc. : )

edited December 2012

* Hairlines for male hairdos? I don't know how many hairdos I buy, that have no sideburns, and just look strange up close because the hairline doesn't have sideburn or other options.

* Genesis cowboy. A realistic looking one to go with horse. cowgirl too.

* Easy pose bullwhip and lariat for genesis for your adventurer or cowboy. Poses too.

* Indiana Jones style adventurer outfit.

* Male hats. Cowboy hat, and Indiana Jones style.

Post edited by Serene Night on
  • MarieahMarieah Posts: 518
    edited December 1969

I only just saw this post so I'm reporting that SickleYield and I are doing a cutaway tux for Genesis, with pants, dress shoes, cumberbund, dress shirt, top hat and cane. The Morphing Business Suit vest will layer with it, if desired, but it will be a stand alone set.

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,798
    edited December 1969

Marieah said:
    I only just saw this post so I'm reporting that SickleYield and I are doing a cutaway tux for Genesis, with pants, dress shoes, cumberbund, dress shirt, top hat and cane. The Morphing Business Suit vest will layer with it, if desired, but it will be a stand alone set.

Sexy! DEFINITELY looking forward to it! :-)
  • RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,798
    edited December 1969

By the way, I'm still wishing they'd made a tutu and a pair of ballet slippers for Genesis... :)

edited December 1969

* Easy pose bullwhip and lariat for genesis for your adventurer or cowboy. Poses too.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=84684

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

ZamuelNow said:

Agreed! And more looser clothing options in general...cloaks, coats, robes, gowns, etc. I like Mec4D's products, and, SickleYield has some nice ones at Renderosity (and they're 50% off today!) but options in the store here are limited. I'd be especially interested in ethnic/traditional/historical clothing along these lines.
    Huh, ask and ye shall receive, apparently:
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/dragon-princess
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/new-releases/dark-moods-for-genesis
    and maybe coming soon to ShareCG: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/10236/P30/

Now, I know it's a coincidence that Dragon Princess and Dark Moods were released so quickly after I asked for more of this stuff, but just in case: toga, kimono/yukata, hanbok, kaftan, thawb, zupan, dhoti/pancha/sampot, hijab, shalwar, kosovorotka, houppelande... ;-)

edited December 1969

How about a sexy male santa outfit? Afterall we have santa baby.... =-) Of course I'd rather have a regular santa, but since that doesn't appear to be happening.....

I also really want better pants for michael. Going through my library the only pants that just don't look like tights on him are jeans and ones set of cargo pants But some pants with an appropriate folds and better textures= that look good would be nice.

I also would dearly love that pants allow for some morphs for shoes. I have the worst time, once I find a decent pair of pants for Michael, to put say boots or other shoes with them.

I'd love it if the calf part of the boots were adjustable to tuck in, or disappear altogether so he could have some versatility with his rather limited wardrobe.

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

What I want MORE THAN ANYTHING:

I want DAZ Studio's SAVE AS/POSE PRESET to have Rotations and Pose Controls selected by default: and NOTHING ELSE!
    Not Scaling, not translations, nothing else!

Or at least have the option to "Select All Pose Controls."

• JayfeatherJayfeather Posts: 70
    edited December 1969

The Genesis Anatomy series! Seeing the severed man got me to thinking about the skeleton (for bones sticking out of the nubs) and Guts (Cross sections... Gross)

I noticed one glaring discrepancy in the Generation 4 Anatomy pack, Lack of a set for Pregnancy (Not that I would want to use it for the purposes listed above) wouldn't it be cool if there could be Fetal Morphs for Genesis to go with it? So rather then having a standard fetus prop there could be real Genesis baby inside! (Alien morphs and all.) Of course attention to the Guts getting pushed out of the way, and a few morphs and animations to address posture and gait...

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,622
    edited December 1969

By the way, I'm still wishing they'd made a tutu and a pair of ballet slippers for Genesis... :)

I'm on that as a solo. I'm hoping to have it in testing in the next three or four days.

• DarkElfDarkElf Posts: 287
    edited December 1969

I DEFINITELY want to add MY vote for the centaur lower body and merfolk lower body morphs for Genesis. AND I HOPE when someone DOES offer them they are setup to be used in Poser as well because I do not use DS.

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

I guess I can amend my wishlist now that I've had plenty of time to use Genesis.

So, on my wishlist I have the following now. Kids 4 Morphs. Some Edo-style Japanese outfits, a dynamic cape (the supersuit one is nice, but think how sexy it could look if it were dynamic!), K4, More long hairstyles (Dragon Princess long as opposed to shoulder length long), more childrens outfits, K4, Pirate outfit with conforming eye patch and peg leg (brownie points if a cutlass is included), Sadie+ Morphs for Genesis (similar to the bonus morph pack they had for the original Sadie), K4, Cuddly mascot outfit, Ninja outfit with mask (I already have the shurikens)... did I mention K4?

Okay, so I've got a bit of a wish list. Truth be told though I've bought a lot of Genesis content over the past month and because its universal I feel you can never have too many goodies. I plan to fill my Genesis wardrobe's to bursting and beyond. Bring on the new year!

edited December 1969

I know what I want: Herald of Fire's runtime to come standard with Genesis... :)

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 2012

That would be one heck of a bundle! I have over 130 unique installers at the moment! And that doesn't even count the stuff I had pre-Genesis!

Post edited by Herald of Fire on
    edited December 1969

In that case, I want a new hard-drive bundled as well...

• athenenoctuaathenenoctua Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I would like Genesis eye surfaces to have the same level of complexity as the V5 eyes.

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,622
    edited December 1969

Do you mean V4?

edited December 1969

Do you mean V4?

LOL... I was gonna say! Why would you need more complex eyes? I don't understand.

edited December 1969

Victoria 5 has the following surface attributes that Genesis does not have, and these attributes can make the eyes look absolutely amazing:

Anisotropic Active
    Anisotropic Direction
    Specular2 Active
    Specular2 Color
    Specular2 Strength
    Specular2 Roughness
    Specular2 Sharpness
    Anisotropic2 Active
    Anisotropic2 Direction
    Reflection Active
    Reflection Mode
    Reflection Environment Map
    Reflection Color
    Reflection Strength
    Reflection Blur
    REflection Blur Samples
    Fresnel Active
    Fresnel Strength
    Fresnel Falloff
    Fresnel Sharpness
    Velvet Active
    Velvet Color
    Velvet Strength
    Velvet Falloff
    Subsurface Active
    Subsurface Color
    Subsurface Strength
    Subsurface Refraction
    Subsurface Scale
    Subsurface Group
    Subsurface Shading Rate
    Translucency Active
    Translucency Color
    Translucency Strength
    Fnatom
    Raytrace
    Accept Shadows
    Occlusion
    Occlusion Shading Rate Mode
    Occlusion Shading Rate

And that's just the cornea.

:: checking ::

Oh wait--These are UberSurface attributes! Seriously cool.

Think I'll try UberSurface on the Genesis cornea and see if I get the same amazing results.

edited December 1969

Victoria 5 has the following surface attributes that Genesis does not have, and these attributes can make the eyes look absolutely amazing:

Anisotropic Active
    Anisotropic Direction
    Specular2 Active
    Specular2 Color
    Specular2 Strength
    Specular2 Roughness
    Specular2 Sharpness
    Anisotropic2 Active
    Anisotropic2 Direction
    Reflection Active
    Reflection Mode
    Reflection Environment Map
    Reflection Color
    Reflection Strength
    Reflection Blur
    REflection Blur Samples
    Fresnel Active
    Fresnel Strength
    Fresnel Falloff
    Fresnel Sharpness
    Velvet Active
    Velvet Color
    Velvet Strength
    Velvet Falloff
    Subsurface Active
    Subsurface Color
    Subsurface Strength
    Subsurface Refraction
    Subsurface Scale
    Subsurface Group
    Subsurface Shading Rate
    Translucency Active
    Translucency Color
    Translucency Strength
    Fnatom
    Raytrace
    Accept Shadows
    Occlusion
    Occlusion Shading Rate Mode
    Occlusion Shading Rate

And that's just the cornea.

:: checking ::

Oh wait--These are UberSurface attributes! Seriously cool.

Think I'll try UberSurface on the Genesis cornea and see if I get the same amazing results.

The attributes transfer! Alrighty then. Request granted.

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited January 2013

Hi,, athenenoctua;-)

yes, I think you said about Victoria 5 UV set and Victoria 5 base material preset.

you can use the material preset about genesis (becaue V5 is oneof shape morph for genesis)
    mylibrary>people>genesis>Materials>Victoria 5.
    V5breeALL.dsb

then,, the material preset use OmUber surfaces about most part of surface group, without
    Eye lash. so you can tweak these parameter with genesis which changed the shape by your morph
    not only for V5 ^^.

you may need simply apply the V5breeALL .dsb for base genesis with your shape morph.
    may need to change UV set for VIcotria 5 too.

or load VIctoria 5, then zero shape,, now you see, the genesis base shape with
    Victoria 5 default material ,I think.

It may fit well with many normal female character without the character is so anime or monster,,

but,, my head may break ,, when tweak many parameter of surface shader ^^; as you do,,
    so I can not tweak and adjust parameter well.

now I am trying to study how to adjust good material by pw surface2,,, ^^;

========================

then myrequest,,, 1. wet body for Victoria 5 Micheal 5 and Stepanie 5 UV set.
    I know there seems many good shader which can change skin with vicotria 4 uv set.
    so I hope to use them without many tweaking with other UV set for genesis.

my request 2 (again,,,)

Hair Hair Hair ^^; more Hair ,,, for genesis,,,
    I need simple semi long hair or twin tail or etc,,
    styles which can pozing easy,, ,,, ,,,

I do not like to use anymore,, V4 hair for genesis,
    with ajusting by my self, or just parented,, and adjust scale,,,

my request 3

new weight-map plug in,, I hope it can use more easy,, and tweak each verices weight directly if I hope,,
    like translate verice in 3d modelor,,

so if DAZ make new pug-in for hexagon, to set weight-map for daz triax figure ^^;

my request 4

true pin tool, or instant gel,,, which can prefcetly freeze child node positon,,
    and can move easy other node keep the child node positon with IK.

my request 5

true official perfect manuall for daz stuido 4.5 tools options.

my request 6
    bridge for gimp plug-in (hust hope,,, )

Post edited by kitakoredaz on
    edited January 2013

These are good suggestions, and good instructions. Thanks!

Hi,, athenenoctua;-)

Bah, that was off-topic. Nevermind.
    Post edited by athenenoctua on