Genesis Wishlist... what do you want to see next for Genesis?

124»

Comments

• Jake_35533Jake_35533 Posts: 242
    edited January 2013

Genesis is very unique and not much can be added. Gensis is my dream come true. I always imagined one character that could be morphed into all the others and wore the same clothes. I always thought it wasn't possible. Guess that's why genesis won the technology award of the year.

But here is a fantasy list of what it could be in the future.

-use the Xbox kenect to scan in a real body and it transfers the data to genesis
    -morph body parts into robot limbs or morph holes into it like the t-1000 terminator (liquid genesis)
    -make a genesis vehicle that can morph into any vehicle from a motorcycle to an airplane
    -genesis archeticture where a house can morph into a skyscraper (even genesis furniture)
    -genesis clothes ( imagine having a dress for V5 and it can morph into 10 different types)
    -genesis plants (make any kind of tree from one mesh)
    -genesis landscape (think Bryce meets daz studio)
    -"genesis skin" where you can mix and match 100's of skin features to make your own unique skin map (can add moles, freckles, skin tone, viens, wrinkles age spots etc and move it anywhere on the body and they are raised and not just an image)
    -genesis shoes (turn boots into shoes, sandles or heals)
    -genesis weapons

Ran out of ideas. Any I missed?

Post edited by Jake_35533 on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I think I need a couple of glasses of what you have been drinking. :coolsmirk:

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    I think I need a couple of glasses of what you have been drinking. :coolsmirk:

Well, procedural geometry IS a thing. Sort of. In a few platforms. ;)

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,823
    edited January 2013
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • VulpineVulpine Posts: 20
    edited December 1969

Different head shapes for Genesis such as canine, feline, draconic and others, along with digitigrade legs that correspond to those different species. Also, different skins to match the different species.

I am aware of DogWorld and CatWorld and find both unsatisfactory.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

MostDigitalCreations has a free male/female full panther shape. It is pretty good! You just need to fur it yourself.

DarioFish is soon going to pop out skins+full body shapes for draconic things; his existing head shapes bundle include a dragon-like creature. You should check out his DeviantArt account for glimpses of goodies to come.

At DAZ, Genesis Creature Creator: Heads has some of that stuff, check it out.

Also, peek at stuff made by RawArt, midnight_stories and Valandar -- they have some interesting stuff for Genesis right there.

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    MostDigitalCreations has a free male/female full panther shape. It is pretty good! You just need to fur it yourself.
    That one looks pretty good as far as it goes--can maybe skin that to appear cougar-ish.

DarioFish is soon going to pop out skins+full body shapes for draconic things; his existing head shapes bundle include a dragon-like creature. You should check out his DeviantArt account for glimpses of goodies to come.

At DAZ, Genesis Creature Creator: Heads has some of that stuff, check it out.

Would like to see a more complete catalog of those Creature Creator heads--saw two different feline ones but neither sufficiently leonine. I don't like buying something if I can't be sure it meets my needs. (Have done that too many times already.)

Also, peek at stuff made by RawArt, midnight_stories and Valandar -- they have some interesting stuff for Genesis right there.
    Have to admit RawArt has some good things, like those Epic Wings, but his DogWorld and CatWorld skins don't come across as realistic enough. Don't like the heads, either, but those could probably be replaced or improved with one of the head morph sets.
    Regretfully, Valandar's Lycan, while pretty good, doesn't fit the body type I'm after as well as lacking a noticeable tail.

edited March 2013

Well remember, it is Genesis and you can mix and match things; I rarely, if ever, accept anything straight out of box anyway. I often make my own lycanthrope out of Anubis, MS Lycan and Garoul, plus a dash of Creature Creator's things and whatever catches my fancy.

Edit: Also, DogWorld and CatWorld aren't for Genesis, they're M4/V4.

Post edited by Skiriki on
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Well remember, it is Genesis and you can mix and match things; I rarely, if ever, accept anything straight out of box anyway. I often make my own lycanthrope out of Anubis, MS Lycan and Garoul, plus a dash of Creature Creator's things and whatever catches my fancy.

Edit: Also, DogWorld and CatWorld aren't for Genesis, they're M4/V4.

There is a shortage of dog and cat and fox etc. tails made natively for Genesis. The only ones I know of are the full-on anthro cartoon sets here in the store. It's one of those things I keep putting off doing myself because I know there are others who can do it better.

edited December 1969

Any at all, as long as they aren't 'toony' would at least let other developers know there's a demand. I'm sure a lot of the Anime developers would like proper cat/dog/fox/etc ears and tails for their otherwise human characters.

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,262
    edited December 1969

I think an updated Bishonen is something that would be fun...

edited December 1969

nemesis10 said:
    I think an updated Bishonen is something that would be fun...

I think I may have spurred some interest in some non-conventional model development.
    Every little bit helps.

edited March 2013

There is a shortage of dog and cat and fox etc. tails made natively for Genesis. The only ones I know of are the full-on anthro cartoon sets here in the store. It's one of those things I keep putting off doing myself because I know there are others who can do it better.

You know... do it. You are good at it. :lol:

SickleYield -- the Quality You Can Trust. :)

(Why? Because you put FBMs for different forms and that reduces distortions that tend to crop up in geo-grafting too.)

Post edited by Skiriki on
  • Daniel A RobertsDaniel A Roberts Posts: 20
    edited December 1969

I would like an implantable eye. Have a target that is movable, like a bullseye, anywhere on the figure. Be it the hand, forhead, shoulder, top of the foot, inside the mouth, back of the head, anywhere really, and upon activation, have it mesh with the surface so it looks like it was grown there, socket and all. An optional eyebrow with it would also make it a tad more groovy. Make sure you can use it like any other eyeball with the standard eye colors and morphs already available, and I would be a very happy guy. ^_^

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:

You know... do it. You are good at it. :lol:

SickleYield -- the Quality You Can Trust. :)

(Why? Because you put FBMs for different forms and that reduces distortions that tend to crop up in geo-grafting too.)

Well, you know how much artists hate flattery...

edited December 1969

:lol:

Dooo eeeeet. Doooooooo eeeeeeeet! ;)

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited December 1969

Oh God! Cat/Dog Ears and Tails? YES PLEASE!! :-)

edited December 1969

I'm not giving up on this need; it's obvious now there is a demand for more realistic (i.e. not "toon"y or Horror centric) 'furry' characters for anime and other works. I intend to use the end results for a graphic novel and book covers.

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    :lol:

Dooo eeeeet. Doooooooo eeeeeeeet! ;)

Bunny person kit in progress so I can get it done before Easter. Cat next, then dog.

These aren't full-on anthro kits, just ear/tail sets, so they'll be at Rendo. Lots of bones, though. ;)

• edited December 1969

I would like to have a figure with bones structure.

• AlbiejeeAlbiejee Posts: 153
    edited December 1969

For Genesis morphs I'd like to see a muffin top morph for girls with a healthy figure. With fits for some of the common genesis pants and skirts like FM jeans and such. Maybe not a realistic request but it would be useful.

• ChronopunkChronopunk Posts: 291
    edited December 1969

I'm coming in late to this thread, so please forgive me if anything I'm mentioning here has already been brought up (I confess I didn't read every post)... But, for my money, things I'd like to see:

- Stylish boots (male and female varieties) that can go from low- to mid- to high- heel/platform for use on everything from Soldiers to Goth Club scenes. I think Sickleyield has done something similar to this with a shoe set, as an example.
    - "build your own" type kits for heeled shoes that have closed toes (I know there are a lot of shoes out there, but it feels to me like the default heeled shoe type for Genesis, especially the ladies, is peep-toe).
    - This is one I know has been mentioned: More skin textures that have "imperfections" on them - more freckles, more blemishes and moles and things. I'd also like to suggest a tone-kit that could enable us to give sunburns and tans to our figures.
    - While on the topic of a tone-kit, I'd like to see a tattoo-kit that would enable us to, say, give Figure A a butterfly tattoo on her right shoulder, and Figure B that same butterfly, in a different color and a different size, on the back of his hand.
    - Easy-to-use/easy-to-set-up internal lighting options for figures, such as Bot-Genesis or Hitomi's Robo Geisha, that give an "internal glow" to portions of the body (eyes, chests, hands), and can be applied on the fly.
    - Not so much for Genesis itself, but I'd like to see a set of volumetric morphs that one could apply to a surface such as a chair, or a bed, or a blanket, or what-have-you, that would help that surface look as though weight had been applied to it - so that if a figure were posed on it, the surface could deform appropriately. (Or does such a thing exist, and I'm just blind for missing it?)

Again, apologies if any of those have already been mentioned. I just know that a few of my practice pieces of late would have been a lot easier if I'd had these things. :)

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I'm coming in late to this thread, so please forgive me if anything I'm mentioning here has already been brought up (I confess I didn't read every post)... But, for my money, things I'd like to see:

- Stylish boots (male and female varieties) that can go from low- to mid- to high- heel/platform for use on everything from Soldiers to Goth Club scenes. I think Sickleyield has done something similar to this with a shoe set, as an example.This set is in the works at this time Genesis TreadZ

- "build your own" type kits for heeled shoes that have closed toes (I know there are a lot of shoes out there, but it feels to me like the default heeled shoe type for Genesis, especially the ladies, is peep-toe).A morphable Shoe would be nice.
    - This is one I know has been mentioned: More skin textures that have "imperfections" on them - more freckles, more blemishes and moles and things. I'd also like to suggest a tone-kit that could enable us to give sunburns and tans to our figures.
    - While on the topic of a tone-kit, I'd like to see a tattoo-kit that would enable us to, say, give Figure A a butterfly tattoo on her right shoulder, and Figure B that same butterfly, in a different color and a different size, on the back of his hand.You can do all of this with the LIE (Layerd Image Editor) built into DS4 and DS4.5 is a Surface option when you select the Image area of a surface zone.
    - Easy-to-use/easy-to-set-up internal lighting options for figures, such as Bot-Genesis or Hitomi's Robo Geisha, that give an "internal glow" to portions of the body (eyes, chests, hands), and can be applied on the fly.
    The Uber Area light will do this but is not a on the FLY set up.
    - Not so much for Genesis itself, but I'd like to see a set of volumetric morphs that one could apply to a surface such as a chair, or a bed, or a blanket, or what-have-you, that would help that surface look as though weight had been applied to it - so that if a figure were posed on it, the surface could deform appropriately. (Or does such a thing exist, and I'm just blind for missing it?)
    Deformers can be used for this one. Also built into DS.

Again, apologies if any of those have already been mentioned. I just know that a few of my practice pieces of late would have been a lot easier if I'd had these things. :)DS has lots of things built into it that many overlook or have not learned of.

• ChronopunkChronopunk Posts: 291
    edited December 1969

Thanks, Jaderail! I'll look into the options a bit more, do some digging and all. :)

As to the Treadz, I'll go post a reply on that thread, because dang! Sorry I missed reading up on that one initially!

• mcpughmcpugh Posts: 93
    edited December 1969

Don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but it would be nice to have genitals on the genesis figures for my anatomy class. I mean really, we're all adults here. Currently, you open up DAZ and immediately you see this dude without dude parts.

edited December 1969

yahzown said:
    Don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but it would be nice to have genitals on the genesis figures for my anatomy class. I mean really, we're all adults here. Currently, you open up DAZ and immediately you see this dude without dude parts.

Those are already available, you just have to get them in one of the bundles (they're not sold separately).

http://www.daz3d.com/michael-5-pro-bundle

• Mostly HarmlessMostly Harmless Posts: 25
    edited December 1969

What I would like, for Genesis, is a series of mix and match outfit parts, like boots, gloves and belts, if various themes, say sci-fi, fantasy, or contemporary, that matched to go with other outfits, or a bodysuit. I was looking at old City of Heroes character creator recently, and I tried noticed how quick and easy it was for me to make a character by hunting through individual parts, instead of trying to hunt through dozens of outfits and then trying to make things fit. I think it would make Genesis a lot more useful to have sets for matched outfit parts, than entire premade outfits.

What I find is that I often have a great set of boots, for example, but can't find any place to use them as I don't have a belt or gloves to match it so it doesn't really tie into the rest of the outfit.