• Daz Jack TomalinDaz Jack Tomalin Posts: 13,111
    edited December 1969

just got Poser Pro 2012 today, yay

won it in the 31 days of hell contest

Ah cool, congrats! :)

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

a frosty snow flake sounds about right.

LycanthropeX nice one dude. Been meaning to enter some contests myself recently for Pro 2012 or 9 but just couldn't be bothered, I will stick with 8 for the time being. :)

• AkhbourAkhbour Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Congrats LX!

And just a new one, when two masters meet:

The time forgotten place

TimeForgotten.jpg
    707 x 1000 - 64K
    edited December 1969

Akhbour said:
    Congrats LX!

And just a new one, when two masters meet:

The time forgotten place

Nice! I like the way the blurred foreground elements frame the image.. keep it up :)

edited December 1969

Thanks Jack!

I have been a photographer since my 10th birthday, so some reflexes still enter into 3D. ^_-

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

just got Poser Pro 2012 today, yay

won it in the 31 days of hell contest

Congratulations!
    edited December 1969

Invetero provides a fine scene setting for a Reality/LuxRender generated image ...

RedAssassin.jpg
    815 x 1054 - 416K
  • KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 1969

SimonJM, Akhbour, those are excellent!

Jack, once again the helipad from your Parkside Point Ground provides the perfect base. DS4.5Pro render, prework and postwork in GIMP. Larger version in my deviantART gallery here.

Iron Bear and Pony-Hulk -- Defiant

IronBearPonyHulkDefiant-x2000.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 2M
    edited December 1969

Jack, once again the helipad from your Parkside Point Ground provides the perfect base. DS4.5Pro render, prework and postwork in GIMP. Larger version in my deviantART gallery here.

"Hulk ... smas ... sma ... smile?" :)

edited December 1969

SimonJM said:

lol!

Nice work everyone :)

• LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited December 1969

My first 2012 render ( there are actually a few of Jack's products in there )

Parasaurolophus-Compy.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 431K
    edited December 1969

My first 2012 render ( there are actually a few of Jack's products in there )

Nice.. though you have me stumped, I can't pick any out lol.. do we get a clue?

edited December 2012

Carnival Entrance
    Iyeyasu's Tomb
    Moon Gate
    Parkside Heath

the ground is from Carnival Entrance, I used the 2 trees from Iyeyasu's Tomb, and the ivy / vines from Moon Gate and Parkside Heath

I tend to break things up and use bits and pieces rather than use the full sets. The ground planes from Carnival Entrance and Native Cheyenne Village have become a couple of my favorites, and I am always stealing ivy and vines from various sets to add foliage to scenes. The Iyeyasu's Tomb trees get used a lot in my images as well. With post work or Poser's grouping tool I can also break up things even more. I some times select a portion of a figure with the grouping tool and then click spawn new prop to create something different. This image was a straight render, no post work, no grouping, I just wanted to see what Poser Pro 2012 could do all on its own.

Post edited by LycanthropeX on
    edited December 1969

Carnival Entrance
    Iyeyasu's Tomb
    Moon Gate
    Parkside Heath

the ground is from Carnival Entrance, I used the 2 trees from Iyeyasu's Tomb, and the ivy / vines from Moon Gate and Parkside Heath

I tend to break things up and use bits and pieces rather than use the full sets. The ground planes from Carnival Entrance and Native Cheyenne Village have become a couple of my favorites, and I am always stealing ivy and vines from various sets to add foliage to scenes. The Iyeyasu's Tomb trees get used a lot in my images as well. With post work or Poser's grouping tool I can also break up things even more. I some times select a portion of a figure with the grouping tool and then click spawn new prop to create something different. This image was a straight render, no post work, no grouping, I just wanted to see what Poser Pro 2012 could do all on its own.

Ah cool.. would never have guessed the Iyeyasu's Tomb items lol!

edited December 1969

ha, i love those trees, i use em all the time

• KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 2012

SimonJM said:

lol!

Thanks guys! :lol:

. . . and I am always stealing ivy and vines from various sets to add foliage to scenes . . .

In my latest PlatClub Inspirations entry I used some of the ivy from Jack's Curator Aquarum for a little more foliage on the roadsides (and to fill out the double hat-trick) -- DS4.5Pro render, prework and postwork in GIMP. Larger version in my deviantART gallery here.

Pegasus vs Pegasus
    PegasusVsPegasus-x2000.jpg
    1600 x 2000 - 2M
    Post edited by KickAir 8P on
  • BagletBaglet Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I've taken Curator Aquarum into Vue and it looks good. Added some further ruins behind and a bit of rubble to suggest a deserted city fallen down over time. I've wanted to use this atmosphere (Distant Drummer by Robin Kleb) for a long time but didn't have the right scene but it worked here with a bit of sun moving.

DesertedR.jpg
    840 x 472 - 207K
    edited December 1969

Baglet said:
    I've taken Curator Aquarum into Vue and it looks good. Added some further ruins behind and a bit of rubble to suggest a deserted city fallen down over time. I've wanted to use this atmosphere (Distant Drummer by Robin Kleb) for a long time but didn't have the right scene but it worked here with a bit of sun moving.

That's nice, good job. I like the tone of the image, the colours work really well :)

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,489
    edited December 1969

Monthly PC freebee looks useful, need to play with it ;-)

edited December 1969

Totte said:

Of course its useful! ;)

edited December 1969

Totte said:
    Yes very nice ickle shelter
    edited December 1969

Szark said:
    Totte said:
    Yes very nice ickle shelter

Yea handy for when the missus makes you sleep outside.. though it does get a bit cold there ;)

edited December 1969

Glad that doesn't happen to me...I hate the cold...I really do.

edited December 1969

Szark said:

Yea it's no coincidence that now I'm married I bought a big winter coat ;)

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,489
    edited December 1969

Szark said:

We had pretty cold for this time of the year this weekend, -17c, almost time to bring out the long sleeves...

edited December 1969

Totte said:
    Szark said:

We had pretty cold for this time of the year this weekend, -17c, almost time to bring out the long sleeves...

You.. you lot are mad!

edited December 1969

The coldest we had here, for the moment is 2c, rather wet.

So I did this one:

Early snow

Shelter.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 223K
    edited December 2012

our winters here have been getting a lot milder in recent years. I remember when I was a kid having to open an up-stairs window and shoveling snow into the house and into large metal wash tubs so we could melt it by the fire place and dump the water in the bath tub. We had to do this because the snow was up past the roof line and there was no other way to get out of the house. So we would shovel our way out the window, tunnel down to the front door and then dig a tunnel out to the road. Before a big storm we would park the cars out about 6 or 7 miles from the house at friend's houses that lived on streets with more trees because they had less chance of getting snowed in. That way when we got snowed in we could take snow mobiles back and forth to where the cars were at. That was what winters used to be like here. I remember rarely ever going to school in December or January. Now we have had several years where you could go out in shorts and a t-shirt and cook X-mas dinner on the grill. And people tell me global warming is a myth.

Post edited by LycanthropeX on
This discussion has been closed.