JACK TOMALIN APPRECIATION SOCIETY [JAS III]

Comments

• cosmo71cosmo71 Posts: 3,609
    edited December 2012

well, a little Doomsday would be cool, then probably the TV will be more interesting than right now :) there is nothing better than sitting or lieing on the sofa with good junk food and some beer and watching desasters on tv :)

Post edited by cosmo71 on
  • Daz Jack TomalinDaz Jack Tomalin Posts: 13,126
    edited December 1969

Szark said:
    "life a piece of **** when you look at it"

Lifes a laugh and deaths a joke, it's true!

Classic!

edited December 1969

cosmo71 said:
    well, a little Doomsday would be cool, then probably the TV will be more interesting than right now :) there is nothing better than sitting or lieing on the sofa with good junk food and some beer and watching desasters on tv :)

Ah that sounds perfect!

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Ok Jack I will show my WIP/tests here just because I want to show off the new excellent Souks textures. :)

Jack is aware of this image as I have posted it on his own forum http://www.jacktomalin.com/forum where he did mention it should have a bigger audience...

As I said above this is just a WIP, a test in preparation to rendering it huge as I want to print it, if it turns out good enough when it is finished that is.

Done in DS3A with a lot of postwork.

BiggirBesttTEMP1Small.jpg
    990 x 1400 - 715K
  • BagletBaglet Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

That's fantastic Szark. Reminds me of some scenes in Bladerunner.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,313
    edited December 1969

I've finally got around to using the Marsouks set.

Marsouks-1.jpg
    1500 x 1060 - 486K
    edited December 1969

Baglet said:
    LOL Thanks Yeah that is what Jack said and to be honest not my intent. :)
    edited December 1969

oo I love that, nicely done and creative.
    edited December 1969

Love it, nice work on the lighting :)

edited December 1969

Szark said:
    Baglet said:

Great minds... and it's a worthy compliment :)

Look forward to seeing this progress!

edited December 1969

Szark said:
    Baglet said:

Great minds... and it's a worthy compliment :)

Look forward to seeing this progress!Sorry I didn't mean to belittle the compliment is just that I was trying to get away from Bladerunner as many people use that most excellent movie to recreate the look. I purposely wanted a daylight scene to get away from the Bladerunner look.

Progress: well that is the hard part wading through my content folders and deciding what to put in to the scene. I want some pigeons in there which I have. I have a Figure wearing Major cache riding the Mosquito set up already and I am building part of the scene around that. I want groups of folks doing things. I have been making Ambient Strength maps for some Stonemason Urban Future 3 signs today. For me it is all about detail and how much I can squeeze in without spoiling the image. This is propbably to most ambitious project I have done/doing.

• Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,259
    edited December 2012

Very nice image Szark :)

I'm guessing that what people are responding to with the Bladerunner reference is the way it mixes environments the way the Bladerunner movie did. Doing that well provides some nice depth and character to an image, and this was done very well :)

This is basically what I had in mind when I posted about ethnic etc.. environments in the thread about Urban Sprawl 3.

Post edited by Joe Cotter on
    edited December 1969

Thanks Gedd...You are probably right.

I have a mix of US2, UF3 and 4 in there. I did try Jacks GIS Skyway but it was a bit too big for what I had in mind.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,575
    edited December 1969

Ah December 12th is it?

Oh cool, that's a week today!... :)

...sounds like the right day to buy a Megabucks ticket (and Wednesday is one of the three weekly draw days). If I won, it really would be the end of the world as we know it.
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    chohole said:
    I thought it was the 21st December,, have I marked the wrong date on my calendar?

It is ...
    Now I wonder whether we should do christmas a bit earlier?
    Or forget about buying christmas presents ...
    ;)
    ..aww bugger, a day before my B-Day and Friday is not a Megabucks draw day.

...guess I better change my handle to "Kid Apocalypse"

• cosmo71cosmo71 Posts: 3,609
    edited December 1969

what a way home from work, snow, storm, icy roads (some parts on the route) and that after nightshift....grrrrrr

edited December 1969

Urgh.. well, sounds like you've made it home ok though.. :)

But if you're typing this while you're driving, erm, mind the road :lol: :)

edited December 2012

...even though there are laws about cell phones and texting here, I still see so many doing so while behind the wheel.

In an AAA study, more traffic incidents (including those which resulted in injury or death) were attributed to cell phone use than drunk driving. That's scary.

Once in a Supermart I had someone walk right into me who was in their own little "cell phone world". I looked at him and said, "I hope you don't do the same when you are driving."

Next to leaf blowers, I feel the cell and "dumb" phone are the worst inventions ever perpetrated on society.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

I think its unfair to lay the blame on the devices.. it's solely the idiots who use them irresponsibly.. :)

• LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited December 1969

I have never used a leaf blower while driving

edited December 1969

Really? You don't know what you're missing!

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,510
    edited December 1969

Both Scorpio and Pete, superb images!

edited December 1969

Thanks Totte.

I remember the days of driving whislt using a leaf blower, fond memories.

edited December 1969

It's not a leaf blower, but anyone remember the guy who flew with a hang-glider over Las Vegas during a boxing match using a propeller on his back?

I got a friend who do tons of weird things (he's been doing that since we were in school together). He had one of those on his back while biking! He did 70 km/h on the road, passing all the cars stuck in traffic jams. What a way to travel to work. Now he's building and test riding roller coasters all over the world.

edited December 1969

Totte said:
    It's not a leaf blower, but anyone remember the guy who flew with a hang-glider over Las Vegas during a boxing match using a propeller on his back?

I got a friend who do tons of weird things (he's been doing that since we were in school together). He had one of those on his back while biking! He did 70 km/h on the road, passing all the cars stuck in traffic jams. What a way to travel to work. Now he's building and test riding roller coasters all over the world.

Sounds like a nutcase! Perfect for the job, too ;)

edited December 1969

Totte said:

Yeah, and he's a brilliant engineer too;-)

edited December 1969

Totte said:
    Totte said:

Yeah, and he's a brilliant engineer too;-)

I think that comes with the engineer territory too doesn't it? The few that I know are all slightly unhinged :)

edited December 1969

Totte said:

I'm unhinged I would love to try that. I have always liked doing crazy things like that, like jumping out of a perfectly good plane. :) Which unfortunately I never got the chance to do. Now being a crip that is now out of the question.
    edited December 1969

Szark said:
    Totte said:

I'm unhinged I would love to try that. I have always liked doing crazy things like that, like jumping out of a perfectly good plane. :) Which unfortunately I never got the chance to do. Now being a crip that is now out of the question.

I'm not so sure about that.. I think for the right price we can arrange for you to get chucked out of a plane ;)

edited December 1969

Szark said:
    Totte said:

I'm not so sure about that.. I think for the right price we can arrange for you to get chucked out of a plane ;)

And if the tip is good enough, we'll even hand you a chute!

This discussion has been closed.