What are these morphs in Aiko6?

Hello, everyone. I've got some questions about the morphs in genesis based models.
I exported Aiko6 from DS to poser. The cr2 file has a size of around 18M. Some morph targets occupy lots of space in it. I recognize some of them as expressions or joint controls. But what's the meaning of CloneGenesis, MCMAiko6PearFigure and MCMAiko6Heavy? They have an initial value of 0 and their channels are hidden, meaning they are not activated and I cannot activate them. Why should I have them?
Aiko5 also has such morphs, and even more clones.
By the way, the morph names start with certain initials. What I figured out is
FBM = full body morph
FHM = full head morph
JCM = joint control morph
What are the meanings of PBM, PHM, MCM? Thanks!

Comments

• pwiecekpwiecek Posts: 1,538

P = Partial

• murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,436
    edited November 2016

MCM = Morph-Controlled Morph - usually, this is a correction morph to help two morphs work together. MCMAiko6PearFigure, for instance, would be the morph to make the combination of Aiko 6 and Pear Figure look right. It should automatically apply when both those morphs are dialled up.

CloneGenesis is the autofit clone to let Studio put Genesis clothing on Genesis 2. It would serve no useful purpose in Poser.

Post edited by murgatroyd314 on
  • reko34reko34 Posts: 94

MCM = Morph-Controlled Morph - usually, this is a correction morph to help two morphs work together. MCMAiko6PearFigure, for instance, would be the morph to make the combination of Aiko 6 and Pear Figure look right. It should automatically apply when both those morphs are dialled up.

CloneGenesis is the autofit clone to let Studio put Genesis clothing on Genesis 2. It would serve no useful purpose in Poser.

Thanks a lot guys!

This clone idea is still confusing. Though I don't need it in poser, still I'm interested. From my earlier experience, morph should be put on the clothing to fit a character. If it's put on the body, it means the body will be adjusted to fit the clothing. I don't think that's how it works.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

It's not used as a morph; rather it provides the shape of the figure the clothing was originally made for so DS can convert it and rerig it for a different figure.

It's not used as a morph; rather it provides the shape of the figure the clothing was originally made for so DS can convert it and rerig it for a different figure.

That's new. It seems I have a lot of things to catch up. Thanks!

By the way, are there other things I can delete? I want to see how the weight map works. But the cr2 contains so many things that it's time consuming even to turn the page.

Simplifying it is also good for system burden I think. I have exported the A6 obj and reloaded into the cr2 so I can delete the morph information. Some manual corrections are needed for channels like zOffsetA, I noticed.