Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 7

Comments

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

Ah, you cheated are a doing a LIST? Okay, I've got to go back. I'll limit it to top 10 from the sale, but I'm like you, I haven't even begun rendering the stuff I bought, just a few things, and I focused on those stores were on sale at the time. But what exact date did the sale begin?  Then I can go to my orders and start looking.

Everyone else, your top ten from the sale!

• I'm pretty sure the sale started on October 10  since that's the date I got Absolution among other stuff :) 

While you were posting, I cheated and went into the PC club forum, Jack posted the PC Club sale info and it was indeed the 10th- thanks Ferretmania!

So everyone check your orders from October 10th through October 14th or 13th, depending on your time zone- I think that would be right- It's 1am for me, so when the sale ended last night at Daz midnight, it was already the 14th. But people overseas, would that be the 15th for you? Anyway, you know what you bought on the last day. Would love to hear from some of the lurkers this time as to what you are really glad you picked up. Quite a few vendors peruse the thread and they'd enjoy knowing what products of theirs you can't wait to render.

I'm going to go pick my top 10 right now, since I know I need to start around the 10th. 

edited November 2016

And it's tricky- I kept the orders open, and in Product library, the DATE is one day different. It says the 11th (If you look at the product page that pops up when you click on an item, it show the date and order number right under the title.)

So in your ORDERS, write down the order number where you started shopping, and keep that open so you can identify where your Oct 10th starts (or whatever day it is for you) based on that and the products, and then work your way forward from there. This is going to be REALLY hard.

And it's fun to see how many orders have been place between one order and the next one, based on the order number, assuming those go sequentially. Wow, DAZ cleaned up!

Post edited by Novica on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

I bought 77 items (plus one RDNA Poser-format product that I returned, "Poseable Forest Trees", as I already bought "Poseable Trees With Ivy", the DS-format version).

Some of my favorites of the new releases, in no particular order, with the caveat that I haven't really had a chance to use them yet:

Hunt or Be Hunted Bundle (although if I had realized that the Hunter Gear doesn't come with 3Delight materials I would have just bought the character)
    Warrior Wet Hair for Genesis 3 Male(s) (also has no 3Delight materials, but it's got a tremendous number of morphs and it's perfect for one of my main characters, so I had to get it anyway)
    Anicinabe for Genesis 3 Male (really nice Native American character by RawArt)
    Above the Clouds for 3Delight: Nimbostratus (love the previous version, Stratocumulus, so this was an instant buy)

edited November 2016

If you get a chance to render Anicinabe, would love to see him! I also would be interested to see Warrior Wet Hair. I can see why you got them, I just ran out of money! 

Okay, I'm going to cheat and post more than ten- will do the top ten (and definitely cheating by not listing the two I already mentioned, the SheetZ and the Knights Academy, that way I can list ten MORE. (Hey, it's MY thread. I make the rules to break them.) 

I have SO many tabs open from my Product Library, it isn't funny. So these were bought during the sale, and what I look forward to rendering.  Here goes:

1.  i13 New Addition Living Environment With Poses   Top honors for this- already rendered, LOVED the open space so you can add what you want, easy to render, very classy. The amount of windows lets in lights, the materials are very nice. You'll feel like you are actually there.

Edit: found the render.

2. Lost World makes me sad, like I just want to explore it. It makes you wonder what happened. A great set, many opportunities for storylines. 

3. Parthenon Club  Already rendered- has rooms upstairs, tables and chairs are nice, bar is nice, outside of building is good- can't go wrong. Lighting is good too!

4Pix- Synx for Genesis 3 Female  (She's really neat, look at all the promos.) 

5Tokyo Living  Attention to detail is exquisite, a lot went in to this.

6. (TIE) Achilles HD Face Add-On for Genesis 3 Males  Who doesn't love rugged? Haven't tried him yet.  TIED WITH Gweinbleiz HD And Beard for Michael 7

7. MRL Ling   Delicate features, nice eyebrows.

8. FWSA Liam HD For Michael 7  Chiseled jaw, nose is longer and turns up a bit at the end. Hunky! 

9. Everyday Updo Hair (OOT Hairblending)   Sleek, a lot of options, casual to elegant.

10. Couples' Run Poses  So versatile, can use for many situations. Really take a look at these, the only poses to make the top 10 list.

Okay, that's ten. Here's some more of the notables: 

FWSA Imogen HD for Victoria 7  Her materials aren't perfect, seem nicely realistic. Eyebrows aren't penciled and are thicker.

Medieval Tower Bedroom  What good are castles without a great interior room? This is it.

M3D Hero 7 HD Shapes for Michael 7  A lot of extra effort in these, read the description.

Jade Tiger Hair  Very shiny, easy to pose- great for fantasy.  Edit: the render is here

Tatum Hair for Genesis 3 Females   I just love AprilYSH's approach to the hairline/crown- the braid worked into it. Kudos!

FW Phoenix HD for Victoria 7  Features are very nice, not exaggerated, but ethnically well done. 

P3D Brita for Tween Julie   With Zev0s Growing Up, what a cutie pie she'd be as a 5-6 year old. Eyebrows would work.

Jackyline for Genesis 3  (Already rendered it, love it- put Supersuit "bra" under it and it's classy, family friendly.  EDIT: found the render and the main one here

French Ski Resort   If you want a holiday scene, winter scene, or resort, here it is! 

Sawmill  has to make the list because look at all those nooks and crannies you can use! 

Post edited by Novica on
  • RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,805
    edited November 2016

My product library expanded a lot but mostly with free and low-price older content. I also followed this thread and picked up a few female characters that were featured or recommended. My top 10:

1. Movie Sets: River Front This one I've already used a LOT, I even have a discussion thread dedicated to it.
    2. Underground Factory I like old industrial settings
    3. Urban Art Studio this was on my wishlist since it came out
    4. Abel for Genesis 3 Male adds age to the gene pool, hope to use it blended with other characters. I pretty much buy any older character for that reason.
    5. DG Iray Deco Wood Shaders I'm always in the market for wood shaders and these have a lot of interesting patterns
    6. M3D Landon HD Morphs for Michael 7 to give a different look to male characters
    7. The Neighbour's Yard to add to River Front
    8. The Brass Pole Nightclub is set in an old building that can be repurposed as a restaurant, bar, brewery or other gentrified places
    9. Instances Plus+ for Daz Studio to go along with Ultrascatter, as they distribute instances in different ways
    10. Deco 12th Floor
    Post edited by RGcincy on

Good stuff there Rich!  I also picked up Landon and Underground Factory. Looking forward to seeing Neighbour's Yard with River Front.

Well, Lucian is out. I'm sticking to my resolve and not buying much the rest of the month- already spent my budgeted amount. This is wonderful to have a male release, but right after a mega month long sale? Then we'll hear "men don't sell as well" rhetoric, but this is offered when many folks are out of money. I feel bad for all the vendors with releases now. Anyone who gets Lucian stuff, please share what you render. 

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

Ok. I didn't go crazy over the sale - pretty much due to finances. I could have happily bought a LOT more if i'd had the cash LOL. Having said that, I am really pleased with what I did get. 

My Top 10:

1. Olympia 7 HD Add On - Olympia 7 is my absolute favourite of the 7 line. I use her ALL THE TIME. So much so, that I rarely even buy characters anymore. I love her skin (which is the main reason I buy characters or iconic bases) and her morphs, and i have a couple of those LIE makeup packs so I can change her makeup more. And I've wanted this HD add on FOREVER. LOL. So this was definitely my favourite purchase of the sale, and also my best bargain. 
    2. MountainScapes Backdrops - I LOVE ImagineX's backdrops series. I have his CityScapes and TreeScapes set and I use them constantly. They are brilliant for behind windows for scenery or even just behind other evironments. Obviously no good for detailed close ups but I'm not interested in using them for that - before they came out, I used to use 2D backgrounds that i put in during postwork, but these are SO handy and my goal is to have them all. LOL 
    3. Tinkerbell Hair - when this first came out, I passed over it, thinking it looked a bit too cartoony and kinda..not well made. But then I started seeing it in people's art and it looked MUCH better. I had it on my wishlist for quite some time, but there was always something else to nab with the PC coupon so I never got around to it. Finally grabbed it during the sale and I am so glad I did. I absolutely adore it. My favourite short hair and it renders brilliantly in Iray. 
    4. Nox Hair for G3F and G3M - ok first of all, AprilYSH hair so it's a no-brainer when it comes to purchasing. Second of all, that STYLE!!! OMG! I am ALWAYS on the hunt for unusual, unique, different, whacky hairstyles. I have tons of normal hairstyles, but very few weird/whacky/unusual ones and they are the ones I dream of. And thirdly, it's for both G3Female AND G3Male. Kinda like two for one LOL. If you're like me and kinda suck at trying to refit hair between the sexes, including a fit for each is just one way of MAKING me spend money. :D I truly wish more hair makers would do it, regardless of the type of hairstyle. 
    5. Cyberpunk City - I have been drooling over @KindredArts catalogue a long long time. But being perenially broke, they've had to languish away in my wishlist (while I curled up in the corner and sobbed my black little heart out). Luckily, as one of the PA's in the sale, I was FINALLY able to nab this (and Cafe Luca) and I love it. Fantastic detail and I'm a bit of a sucker for city environments. I've used it already but only part of it as I had it as a background for a character portrait. I'm looking forward to actually showing more of it in further renders. I'm determined to work my way through his (his?her? I'm going with 'his' as it's come to my attention that he likes knees......) catalogue and have them all. :)
    6. Giant Fantasy Snake - I mean, who DOESN'T need a giant snake for their heroes/heroines to fight? It's a staple, right? :) I have the old daz morphing python which is good (althought he desperately needs more poses and an update to iray) but when I spotted a friend using this in her art, I fell in love. I have no idea why I didn't see this when it first came out, but I'm glad she used it cos as soon as Predatron's store hit the sale, I grabbed. Not only does it have iray mats, but it also has a chopped off head...just perfect for those "after the battle" renders. 
    7.  Tactical Shotgun - a hot, badass girl can never have enough guns, I say. Well ok ok, maybe not so much in real life cos I've actually never even touched a real gun, let alone fired one. LOL. (strict gun laws over here, don't ya know) But I have to say, my favourite genre of art to do is the hot chick with big guns LOL. This one is excellent. Plus the best bonus is that Polish included some poses, and if you hate posing as much as I do, THAT is a major point in me buying weapons. At the very least, hand poses....but a few full poses will have me buying your weapons product over someone elses. Plus, my G3F girls just don't have enough weapons so I couldn't pass this one up. 
    8. Sexy Skinz Lace Bodysuits - Thanks to Novica for pointing out the price on this one. I have the second skin stockings which I use a lot, and this one was on the wishlist for a while. They are PERFECT for putting under super skimpy outfits when you want a bit more coverage, and being a second skin, there is no poke thru or trying to get a modelled shirt to fit. I was really happy to nab this one for an excellent price. 
    9. Bundle Bast for G3F - Talk about an incredible deal! Hair and outfit in the RDNA sale category for $4.00!!!!! And because I had a new release in the cart too it went down to about $2 something. Plus this order I used one of my coupons on so it came out at $1.80 I mean, come on! How can you pass that deal up??? I'd actually promoed this when it was first released at RDNA but I've misplaced my files for it so I was very happy to buy it. The hair is great!
    10. Missy Outfit for Genesis 3 Females - when I first saw this, my instant reaction was that it was a potato sack. But the more I looked at it, the more I liked the boots that can be used with other outfits and that cute little bracelet (I love the "little things" that add so much). Plus I realized this was PERFECT for younger characters. There really is a sad lack of outfits in the store that would suit young G3F figures and rather than using jeans all the time, I think this little dress will be perfect. And it comes with extra textures too, which was awesome, considering this thing lately where DO's in particular come with one texture and then you have to buy a separate add on for more looks (PC club, I'm looking at YOU). As I have the Growing Up morphs where I can make children, young kids, teenagers etc....it can be difficult trying to find a decent non-skimpy outfit to dress them in. So this definitely hit the spot and I was VERY happy to get it for a super low price. 

jakiblue- I know what you mean about the backdrop scenes. I put the Cityscapes one behind the skatepark I just did (of Leila/Damen) because they are so easy to use. For people who don't have them, you can choose between small, medium, large, and flat or curved backdrops. Easy to use and very quick to load, and to render.

I'm with you on Tinkerbell Hair, I rendered that a day or so ago and I, too,  was surprised that it wasn't toony. I don't think the promos do it justice. Nox Hair can be changed up to be not-quite-so-out-there  (I did that hair when I showed the Jackyline Outfit when they were in Club12)  It's funky and adorable but can be "calmed down." 

Thanks for showing Cyberpunk City, somehow I missed that one. Will have to wishlist it. I did get the Missy Outfit because I actually liked that the outfit was not so distracting to the character, and as you said, it has cute materials.  You got a great haul!  Want to see Cyberpunk City when you render it.  smiley

• LOL - Talent. ;)

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,553

Wow, Lucian is... Different. He looks very grumpy to me. Like an angry older Johnny Depp. I do like Corbin though.

I don't think I'll be getting him, even with the discount bringing him to around $46. I know if I had to choose between the men I already have, or using him for a character, I'd prefer some of the ones I already have. 

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,092

Eek, I'm so pleased (?) that you started this "How many items did you buy" stuff - I'm horrified to discover the answer for me is 139! (Though in my defence quite a few of them were free) And this was my 7th PC Anniversary Sale, so I already had tons of stuff that was on offer.

Favourites? Well, for me they would be (not in order of preference as I haven't had them long enough to make that sort of decision yet)

New PC+ Releases:
    1) Absolution (massive set, plenty of posing locations)
    2) Shimmer and Lace Iray Shaders (what can I say, I'm a sucker for shaders)

PA Back Catalog stuff:
    3) DG Iray Fabrics of Asia (ditto)
    4) Ragnar for Gianni 7 (a nice addition to my cast of male characters)
    5) George Expandable (ditto)
    6) Project EYEray (luci45 sold me on this with one of her renders)

Transfers from RuntimeDNA in the $3 with purchase sale:
    7) Angeloi Outfit (I love Arki's designs so gave it a try and was glad I did)
    8) Bundle Bast for G3F (Novica sold me this one)
    9) Le Manoir Abandonne (A decent-sized set at that price? yes please)

and
    10) (a bit of a cheat here) expanding the gene pool with some DAZ Characters I finally nabbed thanks to BYOB offers (Eva 7, Arabella 7, Karen 7) or catch-up sale crazy pricing (Belle 6, Gia 7, Lee 7, Mei Lin 7 Pro Bundles)

Looking at some other people's lists I also have a "Stuff that got away" category to look out for in future - these caught my eye and I can imagine getting a lot of use from them, but the just didn't fit my budget this month:

On the Shore
    Hunt or Be Hunted Bundle
    Elven Weapon Bundle
    Warrior Wet Hair for G3M
    Anicinabe for G3M
    Abel for G3M
    Above the Clouds for 3Delight: Nimbostratus

Ragnar and Liam are two of my fav men. I love Ragnar's eyebrows! I'll have to wishlist Projec EYEray, that looks neat. Thanks for pointing that one out.

I'm with you, I couldn't believe the products in the cheapie catagory, the Le Manoir Abandonne looks really good. Thanks for the list!

edited November 2016

Well, as we share product ideas, guess we'll all need to get started on new wishlists, lol.

Going to begin showing things from the products I listed- starting with  Lost World and Couples' Run Poses. And Tatum Hair (Gen3F) made the list too, and HEAVENS, the morphs for that hair. The product page groups them, so you don't really get a feel for the massive amount of morphs until you see all those sliders! 

And that pose set is really good! You can use the male or female poses without the other person present. Or look at it this way, she outran him. Or he left her behind, what a gentleman. 

I don't know what she's running TO, but in the second image, she better be putting on the brakes. This set is rendered with just the default Iray lights and looks decent. Try Film ISO 175.75 then move your Exposure Value to 13.43 and you're done!  This set is really a nice size, you get a better idea with a person in the scene.

Running is P3D Dewi, I reduced her lips a bit. She is wearing Eclipse Outfit,  which doesn't have the material zones you would think, when you look at the two toned sleeves. They are ONE zone. The legs do have two different ones. The main body of it is like a leotard, one piece. Used DG Iray Action Fabric Shader

Will be off the computer till later tonight, but wanted to get this posted. 

DewiLostWorldTatumHair.jpg
    650 x 875 - 644K
    DewiLostWorldTatumHair2.jpg
    650 x 875 - 681K
    DewiLostWorldTatumHair4.jpg
    650 x 875 - 503K
    DewiLostWorldTatumHair5.jpg
    650 x 875 - 502K
    Post edited by Novica on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Oh I am afraid to look at the actual total....lol.  The short list I posted was literally just off the top of my head.  Absolution is a massive gorgeous set.  Ancinabe was another one of the few males I actually like for G3. Kindred Arts Poseidon Station is great I have something half done with that. All the bundles from AK in the RDNA $3 sale. DM's Melancholy.  I love her stuff, its always packed full of not only the scene but props, poses etc. I have a LOT of her stuff.  One of my very favorite purchases is the Neo Ayane bundle.  Its been on my wishlist almost since I started.  Marshians Above the Clouds Nimbostratus for 3Delight. I have the one for Iray as well, and I picked up some of his other stuff that has been on my wishlist for a while, the Illumbrella and the Kaleidascope which are a couple pages back. Also Desertlands for Worldbase Xt (3Delight, huge terrains) this is an add on not the main pack. The batch convertor for Generation 4 to .duf was also on my wishlist. DG Tropical Shaders.   Also the  Frozen Sisters  he included a generic shader as an update.  I have a very specific render that came to mind with that one, that I have sketched out but haven't had time to do.  So many characters its going to take months to render everyone.  But when they are $1.60 $3.56 etc. its really hard to not snag them up.  I also got a couple of the pro bundles for less than $10-$12.  I just got done putting everything into the custom categories I use.  A huge amount of earlier stuff that I intend to retexture. 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,050
    MelanieL said:

Eek, I'm so pleased (?) that you started this "How many items did you buy" stuff - I'm horrified to discover the answer for me is 139! (Though in my defence quite a few of them were free) And this was my 7th PC Anniversary Sale, so I already had tons of stuff that was on offer.

Favourites? Well, for me they would be (not in order of preference as I haven't had them long enough to make that sort of decision yet)

New PC+ Releases:

PA Back Catalog stuff:

and
    10) (a bit of a cheat here) expanding the gene pool with some DAZ Characters I finally nabbed thanks to BYOB offers (Eva 7, Arabella 7, Karen 7) or catch-up sale crazy pricing (Belle 6, Gia 7, Lee 7, Mei Lin 7 Pro Bundles)

Looking at some other people's lists I also have a "Stuff that got away" category to look out for in future - these caught my eye and I can imagine getting a lot of use from them, but the just didn't fit my budget this month:

On the Shore
    Hunt or Be Hunted Bundle
    Elven Weapon Bundle
    Warrior Wet Hair for G3M
    Anicinabe for G3M
    Abel for G3M

Wow, I'm surprised to see Shimmer and Lace Iray Shaders as your number 2 purchase. I bought it, but hated it, and returned it the next day. I couldn't tell one thumbnail from the next. There were a whole bunch that looked nearly identical pale blue green with no discernable pattern. The metadata categorized these shaders as hair. The ones I tried were way too plastic looking. They must be working better for you. I installed with Daz Connect. I don't know if that had anything to do with the problems I had or not. I have other shimmery fabric shaders from AllenArt on ShareCG and great lace shaders from both Fisty and parrotdolphin, so I didin't feel the need to work through the problems I had on this new one. I just got rid if it to avoid the frustration. I did write a bug report on the issues I had, so maybe it will get updated in the future.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,092
    barbult said:
    MelanieL said:

New PC+ Releases:

PA Back Catalog stuff:

and

On the Shore
    Hunt or Be Hunted Bundle
    Elven Weapon Bundle
    Warrior Wet Hair for G3M
    Anicinabe for G3M
    Abel for G3M

Wow, I'm surprised to see Shimmer and Lace Iray Shaders as your number 2 purchase. I bought it, but hated it, and returned it the next day. I couldn't tell one thumbnail from the next. There were a whole bunch that looked nearly identical pale blue green with no discernable pattern. The metadata categorized these shaders as hair. The ones I tried were way too plastic looking. They must be working better for you. I installed with Daz Connect. I don't know if that had anything to do with the problems I had or not. I have other shimmery fabric shaders from AllenArt on ShareCG and great lace shaders from both Fisty and parrotdolphin, so I didin't feel the need to work through the problems I had on this new one. I just got rid if it to avoid the frustration. I did write a bug report on the issues I had, so maybe it will get updated in the future.

Well, it isn't exactly number 2 overall - as I said, I've not had chance to use everything I bought enough to rate them in order of preference - it's just the second of the new PC+ items in my list.
    I don't use Smart Content for shaders products at all, because I have so many it just becomes a jumble. I always go in through Content Library based on where the ReadMe says to find them, so I didn't notice any metadata problems. I see what you mean about the almost-indistinguishable thumbnails - I find the larger pics that come up on mouse-hover are clearer, though maybe they could still be improved.

edited November 2016

Nox Hair (Gen3)      Pix-Synx  (Gen3F)    Mech Girl  (Gen3F) 

Lots of fun with different sci-fi eyes and eyelashes, various circuitry line options (not exactly sure what else to call those.)  The variety of surfaces will give you a lot of choices from light to dark and different colors. In other words, playtime! 

pixSynxNoxHairMechGirl2.jpg
    350 x 875 - 231K
    pixSynxNoxHairMechGirl3.jpg
    450 x 875 - 321K
    pixSynxNoxHairMechGirl4.jpg
    650 x 875 - 467K
    pixSynxNoxHairMechGirl5.jpg
    650 x 875 - 437K
    pixSynxNoxHairMechGirl6.jpg
    650 x 875 - 450K
    pixSynxNoxHairMechGirl7.jpg
    650 x 875 - 433K
    pixSynxNoxHairMechGirl8.jpg
    650 x 875 - 369K
    Post edited by Novica on

Oh that looks like fun!  I don't think I picked up the girl but will add her to my wishlist.  I do have nox hair...

edited November 2016

Oh that looks like fun!  I don't think I picked up the girl but will add her to my wishlist.  I do have nox hair...

She can also be a regular person, so does double duty.

I just have to say (based on promos, and I sure as heck don't need to buy this to see what's obvious)  IMO the AJ Hair  hair in back looks like it belongs to a totally different hair. What's with the choppy-chop-chops?  We have long, flowing bangs, top of hair, and sides,everything windswept and loose-  then that in the back? IMO it totally ruins the hair. To each his/her own, you may like it. Just to be on the safe side,  I wanted to point it out. 

OT: Walmart grocery store already has their Christmas candy out, and I see Santa clothing is in the store. It's still in the 70/80's here in Pensacola, in Mid-November. Only one brief shower of rain in 40 days. (I take water out to the woods for the deer. If you are in a dry area, consider filling low containers (like plant saucers) with fresh water on the ground for the night animals to get drinks. Many types of wildlife won't drink from tall containers. Possums, racoons, deer, stray dogs and cats- they need our help during the drought. Many rabbits come out at night and really could use your help.) 

Is anyone in those fires in the Carolinas? Stay safe and out of the smoke if you can. Can't believe some idiots set them on purpose. 

Post edited by Novica on

We are still in the high fifties and low sixties with an expected high of 70 in Ohio on Friday.  It drops to a high of 37 on Sunday though lol. But will still be in the high 40's it looks like for the rest of the month.  

I've come to the conclusion that some people are just, I don't know, crazy?  Can't fathom why anyone would want to do that.

• Novica said:

She can also be a regular person, so does double duty.

I just have to say (based on promos, and I sure as heck don't need to buy this to see what's obvious)  IMO the AJ Hair  hair in back looks like it belongs to a totally different hair. What's with the choppy-chop-chops?  We have long, flowing bangs, top of hair, and sides,everything windswept and loose-  then that in the back? IMO it totally ruins the hair. To each his/her own, you may like it. Just to be on the safe side,  I wanted to point it out. 

OT: Walmart grocery store already has their Christmas candy out, and I see Santa clothing is in the store. It's still in the 70/80's here in Pensacola, in Mid-November. Only one brief shower of rain in 40 days. (I take water out to the woods for the deer. If you are in a dry area, consider filling low containers (like plant saucers) with fresh water on the ground for the night animals to get drinks. Many types of wildlife won't drink from tall containers. Possums, racoons, deer, stray dogs and cats- they need our help during the drought. Many rabbits come out at night and really could use your help.) 

Is anyone in those fires in the Carolinas? Stay safe and out of the smoke if you can. Can't believe some idiots set them on purpose. 

I'm in the Atlanta area - we've been getting smoke from them for a while now.....

edited November 2016

If you load the full outfit of Shameless Rogue, it loads with the weapon in hand. Delete the weapon (fastest way is to use Surface Tool, click on the weapon, and you'll zip to it in scene. It's buried in the fingers section) and THE LEFT HAND WON'T DO ANYTHING. Can't pose it. You have to load the outfit piece by piece to avoid the weapon in the hand, so be aware. Once you load it though, the hand will lock up.  The glitch is by @Bobbie25 and @Sarsa   Don't know if it's a recurring glitch, aka, if any other outfits have items held in hands, but if so you may want to check those.

EDIT: Richard found the solution- it's the smoothing that is bogging things down. If you wait a bit, then you can pose it. 

Post edited by Novica on
  • I'm not seeing this, but you do probably need to turn smoothing off on the clothing to get much posing done.

Hmmm. I did it twice and couldn't pose the hand. I can't test it right now as rendering other things. Smoothing shouldn't be an issue, my computer is ultra fast, but everything is a possibility. Thanks for testing it!

Vendors- if you peruse this thread and do characters, please note that if you don't do closeups of a character's face, you're losing sales. DT Eve, for example. All distant shots.  And I would suggest making the eye and fingernail sample squares slightly bigger, they are relatively small, can't see any of the eye color details- they all just look rather solid. 

So that begs the question- are there any characters you haven't seen rendered (or can't remember) that you'd like to see? Anyone can render them for you, or link to a post where they have them rendered. I'll start- did anyone get Eve and have a closeup?

I'm not seeing this, but you do probably need to turn smoothing off on the clothing to get much posing done.

I tested it by deleting the clothes,and the hand posed, then I reloaded them and the hand wouldn't pose again. But I waited, and sure enough, it must have been the smoothing. Thanks for the idea! I've never had that problem before, so at least it's nice that others will know about it. 

edited November 2016
    caiShamelessRogue2.jpg
    488 x 600 - 239K
    caiShamelessRogue3.jpg
    488 x 600 - 233K
    caiShamelessRogueMaiaHair6.jpg
    488 x 600 - 221K
    Post edited by Novica on
This discussion has been closed.