The Twinkies and Lime Jello Complaint Thread -- Now With More Squirrels!

Comments

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,702
    edited December 1969

I found out I cannot play Plants verses zombies while watching a video.

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Ledhead said:
    Is anyone else having problems with the site?

Only operator error here :)

edited December 1969

No word from the theater. Maybe tomorrow!

Good things worth waiting for :)

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    No word from the theater. Maybe tomorrow!

Good things worth waiting for :)

I hope so

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010
    edited December 1969

Ledhead said:

Which site? ;-)
  • ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    Ledhead said:

Which site? ;-)

This site of course. No icons were showing up for me using FF. So I switched to IE and it was working, but I just had a Magento error which kicked me out.

edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    Ledhead said:

Which site? ;-)

Good question

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,005
    edited December 1969

Complaint... or Question... you decide

Is there a freakin' Q-tip embargo? Did all the Q-tip trees get blown away in SUPERSTORM Sandy? Did we just go to war with the tiny island nation of Quetippia? Is ear cleaning now hotter than 50 shades of grey? I just went to 6 stores looking for them and NADDA... not even the really cheap ones from China made out of sharp bamboo... nothing... Now my daughter is going to be bugging me to clean her ears and all I have that comes close is an old bottle brush I used to clean carburetors and some rusty old red pipe cleaners... those would be no good because I won't able to tell if they have blood on them or not... I'm pretty sure she would not notice if her ears smelled like gasoline, but I'm not sure the brush is small enough... it's possible I could wrap cotton balls around a fondue fork...
    I could wait a day or two, but that would not be very McGyver of me... I have to fashion something useful out of other stuff, only problem most of my stuff is either dangerous or deadly... Ooh, I have really small drill bits... if I wrap enough cotton around them and turn down the drill press to the lowest gear ratio, I could probably swing a good mechanical ear cleaning out of that idea!

edited December 1969

Ledhead said:
    tjohn said:
    Ledhead said:

Which site? ;-)

This site of course. No icons were showing up for me using FF. So I switched to IE and it was working, but I just had a Magento error which kicked me out.

Ppl at work are reporting issues with Firefox and web pages, in general I mean. I know that's no help.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

The site has had some up and down issues for me today, I had many page time out's and some images were not loading as well. It all seems to be cleared up now.

edited December 1969

This seems like it should work well...

DSCF4356.JPG
    600 x 800 - 103K
  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010
    edited December 1969

Is there a freakin' Q-tip embargo? Did all the Q-tip trees get blown away in SUPERSTORM Sandy? Did we just go to war with the tiny island nation of Quetippia? Is ear cleaning now hotter than 50 shades of grey? I just went to 6 stores looking for them and NADDA... not even the really cheap ones from China made out of sharp bamboo... nothing... Now my daughter is going to be bugging me to clean her ears and all I have that comes close is an old bottle brush I used to clean carburetors and some rusty old red pipe cleaners... those would be no good because I won't able to tell if they have blood on them or not... I'm pretty sure she would not notice if her ears smelled like gasoline, but I'm not sure the brush is small enough... it's possible I could wrap cotton balls around a fondue fork...
    I could wait a day or two, but that would not be very McGyver of me... I have to fashion something useful out of other stuff, only problem most of my stuff is either dangerous or deadly... Ooh, I have really small drill bits... if I wrap enough cotton around them and turn down the drill press to the lowest gear ratio, I could probably swing a good mechanical ear cleaning out of that idea!

I can't answer your questions, LV, but I can attest to the fact that cotton candy will not make an effective Q-Tip substitute.
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:

I can't answer your questions, LV, but I can attest to the fact that cotton candy will not make an effective Q-Tip substitute.

you could rush order from amazon. http://www.amazon.com/Q-Tips-00305210107694-Qtips-Cotton-1875Count/dp/B003ZTVDBS

if she's not in too much of a hurry, it's eligible for free shipping.

is 1875 qtips enough? tee hee

edited December 1969

That's actually about the size we buy... it's either a two pack or three pack like that one... I'll wait a day or two and go back to BJ's or Costco and buy another Mega Pack...
    Yeah... she wasn't in such a hurry after she saw what I made.
    Seemed fine to me, but her sister claims "That looks really dangerous"... I set up the depth stop and everything too...
    As far as the cotton candy goes... it has a .000645 of a nanosecond half life in this house... it would never make it to an ear and if it did, any residue would promptly be licked out by twin sibling.

edited December 1969

Chips for lunch
    Not much that rhymes with chips
    Just lips but lips are essential
    If you got a bunch of chips for lunch

edited November 2012

This seems like it should work well...

Sometimes living at the other end of the world just feels safer :)

Post edited by ps1borg on
  • edited December 1969

I hope you keep a journal of your posts here. I would buy a book with your witticisms, because you never fail to make me laugh.

• edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Chips for lunch

Hips, quips, whips, rips, flips, nips.
  • M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited December 1969

fivecat said:
    ps1borg said:
    Chips for lunch

Trips, grips, snips, blips, turnips, parsnips, and... cupcakes ;-).
    edited November 2012

swedish chef quote: the flim de flip flip flip

the swedish chef shouldn't a been left in charge of the projector

untitled1.png
    300 x 198 - 128K
    untitled2.png
    300 x 216 - 164K
    untitled4.png
    300 x 225 - 137K
    Post edited by Mistara on
    edited December 1969

hoooo yeah

beckham bodywear promos - heh heh heh - gotta luv his bump maps

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

swedish chef quote: the flim de flip flip flip

the swedish chef shouldn't a been left in charge of the projector

He should be in the kitchen, putting the chocolate on the moose!

Also: *Reads q-tip convo*
    *Falls over*

I'm gone for four hours and look what I come back to...

edited December 1969

tee hee chocolate moose

squee remember emmet otter's jug band christmas?

untitled5.png
    300 x 187 - 154K
  • SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited November 2012

I watched it as an adult and that one song is about the Apocalypse. O.o

P.S., I want to be in the Riverbottom Nightmare Band.

Post edited by SickleYield on
    edited November 2012
    untitled6.png
    523 x 275 - 309K
    Post edited by Mistara on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,575
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    Having enjoyed listening to the finest of too damn loud rock music in live venues in my misspent youth, resulting in the loss of some of the upper range of my hearing (kids, don't try this at home!) most of the nuances of hi-fidelity are lost on me now..
    CDs and MP3s sound fine to me.
    It's all about the music, anyway. A crappy performance reproduced in perfect aural fidelity is still a crappy performance. Robert Johnson on vinyl or CD, is still awesome because it's Robert Effing Johnson.
    To each his/her own (shrugs).

I had a big Marantz with a pair of those "too heavy to lift without back-strain" Radio Shack speakers back in the day. Sounded pretty good to me.

it's near impossible to walkby a radio shack without going in :)
    ...back during my "radio days", when people would ask me if I'd help them with shopping for audio gear, my usual reply was "are you prepared to spend some serious money?"

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    ...in the words of Richard Starkey (no squirrels were abused or otherwise embarrassed in the posting of this response).

My question is... Why the hell not? ;)
    ...'cause I like the poofey tailed little critters.

edited November 2012

M F M said:
    fivecat said:
    ps1borg said:
    Chips for lunch

Trips, grips, snips, blips, turnips, parsnips, and... cupcakes ;-).

An allophonic feast, a chips apocalypse :)

edited November 2012

Kyoto Kid said:
    Skiriki said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    ...in the words of Richard Starkey (no squirrels were abused or otherwise embarrassed in the posting of this response).

My question is... Why the hell not? ;)

...'cause I like the poofey tailed little critters.

Likes as well, and possums aww teh cuteh :)

edited December 1969

...OK , ever have one of those days when you wondered why you ever bothered to get out of bed?

...well I did today.

Stared off fairly benign save for the bus being a few minutes late but still made my connection. Didn't win Wednesday's Megabucks draw, but that's pretty normal considering the astronomical odds.

About mid morning however things began to go south. My supervisor has been on vacation sonce before the holiday and will not return until next week. Hence I must manage not only my accounting duties, but also the on floor operations for our major client as well. So under just a bit of excess pressure than usual. Now add to this having to close the monthly accounting for both my primary client and the digital print department and the "pressure cooker" effect begins to kick in.

So out of the blue, a special and sizable print job is dropped in my lap by one of our major clients. It is not a simple "reprint" using art we already have on file, but, an entirely new job with new artwork. It only gets "better from here as the client's rep sends an email with the art attached, but gives absolutely no details or specs for the job, then takes an extended holiday so he cannot be reached to field any questions I have. Nobody else at the client's offices is able to help either, so the project, which apparently needs to be completed by month's end (Friday), sits on hold for several days.

Enter my DP manager, who begins ride me about this as he "expects" that I should know what I am doing (when in truth I have no idea since I never handled a project like this before). I try to tell him that I have pretty much been blindsided by this, yet he becomes more insistent, raising his voice and becoming even more demanding. Of course this escalates until I finally throw up my hands and pull up the initial email which gives absolutely no details or instructions about how this project is to be handled. The last time a revision to this product was made (a couple years ago) it was handled by the one supervisor (mentioned above) who is currently on vacation.

So basically I pretty much feel I was hung out to dry, not intentionally, but more by circumstance. However, apparently I'm "supposed" to "know" how to coordinate the project, while at the same time making sure that, daily orders are being processed and shipped on schedule, related jobs/tasks are completed, and all while at the same time compiling tracking and billing data for the month end close which all needs to be turned in next Monday.

As if that wasn't enough, after I left for the evening, the bus that I take from my workplace to the transit station didn't show up, forcing several of us to stand there in the icy cold rain (no shelter at the stop) for over twenty five minutes. I finally gave up and started walking.

...and wouldn't you know it, when I was between bus stops, that was when the bus finally went by. So ended up cold wet and disgusted, finally getting home more than a half hour later than usual (having missed all my other connections), after a day I would rather like to forget about.

...and I'm all out of hot cocoa.

...really hoping one of the number lines I purchased for the Saturday Megabucks draw will come through for me. I really need a break.,

This discussion has been closed.