The Twinkies and Lime Jello Complaint Thread -- Now With More Squirrels!

Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,515
    edited November 2012

Jaderail said:
    Ledhead said:
    Jaderail said:
    Ledhead said:
    What kind of funding, I only won $200,000 on the Powerball. You think that might be enough? Would like it in a check or just wire you the cash?
    That all? Not worth the trouble, One powdered Gem could run that much.

Damn! I'll check into finding a few investors then. I think this might work.Ahh!! Well, I also own this Bridge... tell the investors I'll toss it in for Free.
    ...shoot, where I live I can give them a choice of seven count them, seven bridges to choose from, including the only double deck vertical lift span in the world and one of the sweetest looking suspension bridges ever built (almost a Jack Tomalin Design).

st-johns-bridge-d300crw07981-s.jpg
    600 x 400 - 125K
    Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited November 2012

...high speed rotary squirrels.

edited December 1969

...cats and dogs geografting together.

edited November 2012

...guess I scared everyone off, better put the shoes back on.

...crikey, wrong thread again.

CatDog CatDog
    Draw me a pint of some CatDog
    CatDog CatDog
    got to get me a pint o that beer.

A little bit of two Dogs
    Some King Kitty Red
    And you have an ale
    that doesn't pale
    and goes right to my head

CatDog CatDog
    got to get me some o' that CatDog

(a WIP)

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited November 2012

Naw, I'm around just popping into other threads that need some of my input.

It is quite tonight. Was hoping to play with more friends if I stayed up late.

EDIT: Not saying your not good enough... Just missing some I thought would be here and play also.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

...yah, been a while since Wooly and especially Rezca dropped a post or two here.

I feel kind of like Rogerbee over on the Realistic Renders NOT thread.

edited November 2012

...sometimes though I don't even find myself to be good company.

I'm a loser
    I'm a loser
    And I'm not what I appear to be

...then Leela shows up to put my head on right again.

edited December 1969

LOL! Jade is me, Me is Jade. Two peas in a pod. I'm never 100% sure who is in control.

Hint: Jade has more fun gaming than I do. Is really his world after all.

edited December 1969

..ahh some Stevie Wonder just came on in the pub.

edited November 2012

..KK is also the abbreviation of a major street in Milwaukee WI where I grew up. Short for Kinnickinnic Ave.

OK, that was pointless.

Think I may be thoroughly drunkapated (hee hee). Fortunately home is only four blocks away.

...the cool thing is I only did it on 32.6 Zlotys. (10$ US).

....mmm more sweet soul "Me & Mrs Jones" playing

edited December 1969

PUB? Man, I wish I was in a pub. My pub is four walls in a nook of my Bedroom. Of course if I went to a pub I might fall off my sixteen year old wagon (I drink, but NO Hard stuff), I do miss pool games and all that stuff.

edited November 2012

...I pretty much stick to ales and the occasional glass of fine single malt Scots whiskey (when I feel flush).

Where I am at it is 2 buck 50 pint night of fine handcrafted ale. Heck, that's as cheap as Pabst and a whole lot better.

...posted more pics of the St John's Bridge on the Jack Tomalin Appreciation thread.

...did I say I was drunkapated?

Do Squirrels control the US Congress and British Parliament?

Can cats really see things we can't?

Did Barry Manilow really write the songs?

Do Unicorns really barf rainbows?

Me thinks me needs to tarry on home now.

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Me anda hundred thousand others at the beach tonight, crowded for a weekday and there's not much room when the tide comes in ;)

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...guess I scared everyone off, better put the shoes back on.

...crikey, wrong thread again.

CatDog CatDog
    Draw me a pint of some CatDog
    CatDog CatDog
    got to get me a pint o that beer.

A little bit of two Dogs
    Some King Kitty Red
    And you have an ale
    that doesn't pale
    and goes right to my head

CatDog CatDog
    got to get me some o' that CatDog

(a WIP)

Not the kind of weather to be indoors or squinting at a screen here :)

edited December 1969

...in the words of Richard Starkey (no squirrels were abused or otherwise embarrassed in the posting of this response).

goodnight everybody everywhere

Leela's mother would sing this to her.

I used to sing this to my nieces & nephews.

edited December 1969

Whoa that was a quintessential Australian summer day when all anyone could do was try to keep cool, and all anyone could talk about was rain, the lat time, the next time? and wants rain now. Not even summer yet :)

• M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...in the words of Richard Starkey (no squirrels were abused or otherwise embarrassed in the posting of this response).
    goodnight everybody everywhere
    Leela's mother would sing this to her.
    I used to sing this to my nieces & nephews.

... until? ;-)
    edited December 1969

screwed up the sky shader but reflects kicked the water along, a difficult result to nut out might start again heh :)

skyshader.jpg
    1500 x 928 - 184K
  • M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited December 1969

That looks like a rather arty postcard (^_^)d.

edited November 2012

Had a lifelong fascination for Brolga birds, there's something alluring and glittery about the wetlands down near Warnambool and Colac where they live :)

bga.jpg
    398 x 599 - 34K
    Post edited by ps1borg on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610
    edited December 1969

another night of not sleeping well. Arrrggghhh.

edited December 1969

Too hot to sleep here, sitting outside wrestling with the autocomplete on my ipad. For example it wants to call itself Ipad. iBad!iPad!

edited November 2012

M F M said:
    That looks like a rather arty postcard (^_^)d.

Had a music teacher who said if you make a mistake repeat it until it isn't a mistake any more. Is a theory anyhow, but can't work this mistake out arrrgh Hot make brain runny :)

edited November 2012

Cool change is blowing in from the Southwest on a swell of rustling trees, full moon in the Northeast sky wrapped in ominous fingers of black clouds wow what a show. Eta very dark nao, big salty smelling wind gusts doesn't feel like a tropical storm, and no thunder

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610
    edited December 1969

Here is something I learned today, you have to install the content first before you can play with it.

• SalvatoreSalvatore Posts: 147
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ....no need to duck & cover from me as I totally agree (though I'd rather be drinking a bottle of Budvar or Karlovačko)

Hated CDs when they first came out because they sounded too squeaky clean and "sterile". Engineers had to actually introduce algorithms to "dirty up" the signal and make it sound more like a real record.

I still have bunch of Angel Mono LPs of Debussy and Mozart that sound like the piano is there in the room with me.

Digital is "0s & 1s" , "on - off". Real life sound isn't. That is why records still rule.

I feel the same way about digital photography. Gimme an SLR loaded with a roll of High speed Ektachrome or Tri X Pan any day.

...momma don't take my Kodachrome away... (alas, Kodak did a few years ago).

Coupled with the obsession of music technicians about noise and loss of high frequencies when they where recording on tape, with digital they finally found something to level there frustrations, and brag about there squeeky clean recordings, which resulted rapidly in an era of the most horrid sounding recordings ever, and later a huge revival of distortionable tube compressors, and other saturation devices.

By that time marketing also did a nose dive in hifi stuff.
    By the end of the 70's hifi stuff had it right, a simple good tube ore transistor amp, with sturdy (rather heavy) stereo speakers.

Input devices where still somewhat lacking, records sound good, but are sensitive to loss of quality and scratches, radio can be ok, but I like to choose my own music, tape machines can sound well but are a bit noise sensitive, and are irritating in use, at the moment I mostly use a record player, and my computer as input device.

Most tube and transistor amps where replaced by amps with a chip, which mostly sounds horrible, and the sturdy speakers where replaced by smaller ones, which can not deliver the power, and lower frequencies, which resulted in the next stage of perversities by adding a subwoofer, by summing the stereo left and right through a lowpass filter, and the stereo signal through highpass filters to the satelite speakers, resulting in incredible fase distortions, destroiing loads of the sonic info, making the end result so bad, that in many cases a dsp multy fx prosesor was build in to try to compensate, which results in ever more loss of info.
    (Ofcoarse I'm a big fan of a subwoofer in dolby surround, which is a separate audio channel)
    The funny thing is,, amp and speaker designs are rather simple,, just a few good components, presto !
    The hifi market is the crazy area where hitech results lots of the time in bad quality, and works as a legislation for old school audio nerds.:P

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

I am unsuccessfully taking a nap. Too much caffeine in the blood. Why did I drink that coke at dinner?

Everybody is different, but I find that I sleep much better when I am not typing on a keyboard.

i've fallen asleep with my hand still on the mouse. :)

i sleep on my side with my lil acer netbook next to me.

woke up with a terrible crick after

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...yah, been a while since Wooly and especially Rezca dropped a post or two here.

I feel kind of like Rogerbee over on the Realistic Renders NOT thread.

Last Wooly post - in the last incarnation of the thread - he was reinstalling stuff.

edited December 1969

trying to decide, put on cawffee, gatorade from the coffee truck when it comes, swissmiss marshmallow maddness h.c. ?

we didn't win powerball. we got 2 numbers on one game, but it isn't worth anything without also hitting the powerball number.

the normal jackpot for powerball is 40m. no one gets excited about 40m. go figure?

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991
    edited December 1969

Having enjoyed listening to the finest of too damn loud rock music in live venues in my misspent youth, resulting in the loss of some of the upper range of my hearing (kids, don't try this at home!) most of the nuances of hi-fidelity are lost on me now..
    CDs and MP3s sound fine to me.
    It's all about the music, anyway. A crappy performance reproduced in perfect aural fidelity is still a crappy performance. Robert Johnson on vinyl or CD, is still awesome because it's Robert Effing Johnson.
    To each his/her own (shrugs).

I had a big Marantz with a pair of those "too heavy to lift without back-strain" Radio Shack speakers back in the day. Sounded pretty good to me.

This discussion has been closed.