Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 7

Comments

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

That's a great promo image, love it!

Just purchased two of your products mentionned by Novica so this is going to my wishlist! wink

Always happy to help others spend their money. angel 

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    Novica said:

That's a great promo image, love it!

Just purchased two of your products mentionned by Novica so this is going to my wishlist! wink

Always happy to help others spend their money. angel 

And you do it so well lol!  I have bought several things becuase you show cased them as well.  I always come and check here first before I go spend my hard earned money, I trust what you have to say, I know you have taken the time to check things out thoroughly.

edited November 2016

Why, thank you. Here's a few more thoughts:

This one, MRL Ling,  will make a really good child, the features are delicate and the eyebrows will work. One of the featured stores right now, so with a new/debut the price is $6.03, down from $20.95 and not likely to go lower anytime soon. (that's PC member pricing too, the extra 20% off the featured stores with 10% off new/debut item purchase.)  I love Mihrelle!

Another "change to cute kid" is Callista. Look at those freckles! You don't need to have Rune (I don't) to use it. Darkening the skin (it's rather pale) is easy via Diffuse/ Translucency, etc.) The eyebrows are more natural so will work for kids and teens.

Ayumi is an astounding $1.24 and would make a good child's toy/doll when shrunk down. For that price, consider her.

Casual Heat Outfit for males is $3.88 (same conditions) and I frankly dislike the short's crotch as the material looks too stiff (a dformer will quite frankly solve that FAST) but for $3.88 the two top pieces are worth it.  

Post edited by Novica on
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,553
    edited November 2016

I agree about the groin area on those shorts... yikes but the seat area also looks kinda painful.

Post edited by Serene Night on

One that I think has good shoulders is After 5 for Genesis 3 Males. That goes down to $6.46 (same conditions.)  I don't like that the top button doesn't unbutton (or does it? That morph isn't listed.) but I like the shoes, the jeans (and good crotch, wrinkles on legs) and the hat has decent morphs. How hard is it to put morphs in a collar to open it, or can it be done?

Wanted to show a couple more of Marshians products. I took the opportunity to try and play with the Malaik wings and outfit.  It was....a long evening lol.  I have no idea what's causing the weird shadow on her hand and face, there isn't anything casting a shadow and I have gone through and turned off each item and nothing makes any difference.  I'm leaving it for now cause I'm just done with it.

The sparkling stars in the background are from Marshians new Above the Clouds Nimbostratus for 3Delight its got a great star ring prop that I will be finding many uses for.  I used his Above the Fog for 3Delight for the ground fog. Very easy to use, just remember to turn the wire shaded texture on so you can see what you are doing to position it

edited November 2016

Great tip on the wire shader! Love the stars. That ring will come in handy- couldn't use the Iray one in the autopsy room lol.

Doing things in the stores right now, before they change over in an hour and a half Do want to show Ling. Ignore the skin tones, getting three in the image, the lighting is a bit different on the side ones.

Ling.jpg
    1043 x 600 - 348K
    Post edited by Novica on
    edited November 2016

As it was easy to predict, she's just adorable as a child. (Ling.) 

LingKids.jpg
    1243 x 600 - 426K
    Post edited by Novica on
    edited November 2016

Callista is indeed a cutie. Shown below on Gen3F, I don't have Rune.)  She is wearing Sapphire Hair.

The sale is winding down, scroll through the thread for the recommendations made so far. I'm going off Marshian for a bit (and do look at the fog, clouds, kaleidoscope product, etc) to try and show you a variety of vendors, time permitting. (If you have Marshian, continue sharing please!)  Share what you've bought or got too!

Here's a link to another steal, she should be good as a child. Jolina! Look at the price. She starts at $5.99 but is in the Friends section, so with a new debut she's $3.45

THIS IS CALLISTA.

Edit: She's wearing the Umbris Outfit. Very sleek. You can see the stitching from these first two renders, I wasn't going to show the outfit at all (as this is dark and I didn't light it) but want you to get the overall feel of it. Very assasin type feel! It's 800 px high so click to enlarge. NOTE THE FLAT HEELS FOR THE BOOTS. Yes!!!!!

Callista.jpg
    500 x 800 - 285K
    Callista2.jpg
    500 x 800 - 295K
    Callista3UmbrisOutfit.jpg
    500 x 800 - 196K
    Post edited by Novica on
    edited November 2016

Another one good as a child may be VYK Sydney. As a PC member and with a new debut she's $2.59.  Check out that store for great bargains! Sexy Skinz is a steal at $2.58, and you can use shaders and use as a shirt under jackets, too-sexy outfits, etc.

Wilnona is $3.10 and I like the dark hair with her, she's more sophisticated with those eyebrows.Remember you can switch materials on characters, so go by the facial features, not the skin! (I keep forgetting that when I first look at a character. Think "SWAP!" for morphs and materials!

This is Callista, above, as a kid. I shrank the head a bit (and had to shrink the eyes, if you change the Growing Up settings things may go a bit bonkers in the face.)  (LOL, she's wearing lip gloss a bit early in life, forgot to change it to a matte.) 

CallistaKid.jpg
    457 x 517 - 150K
    Post edited by Novica on
    edited November 2016

Going to be focusing on the lower priced deals for you. (Note: the prices have changed since these were posted. It's a great time to check these out, they're even lower as of 6:20am.)

You know how sometimes you wonder if you are missing a pose pack for a product you own? If you have the The Firearm Pack, the Heiress Spy Tales II:Family Business  is $3.11 (all prices assume purchase of New/Debut and PC member.)  Even if you don't own it, those poses sure save you some time and are good starting points to tweak action poses.

60 Ultimate Dance Poses has been in my wishlist, and wow, it's $2.58. That's a steal! 

Okay, read on before you jump to conclusions from the title- Fashion Model Poses for Michael 7  are NOT just fashion- as a matter of fact, note the following. Look at the second thumbnail- all four of those poses are good, casual poses and will save you time from having to pose your figure. Then, looking at the first thumbnail (grayed out) there are several laying on his side ones that are casual (which are not shown enlarged. You really have to look at those in the first thumb to see why this one is a casual pose set, not a FASHION MODEL one IMO.)   Back to the regular thumbs, the one with his hands above his head would be great for a reclining pose, or in bed pose. All this for only $2.59!

Now think out of the box with Jepe's WonderSheetZ for Victoria 7.  I don't have these (yet) but I imagine you can load it on the figure, then opague the figure and the sheet will still be there- think of all the places you can drape these and use shaders to change up the materials!  The second product (WonderSheetz II has more garment looking ones, and is a higher price. Still a great deal, only $4.32 (!!!)  and if you'd rather have more of a clothing look, be sure and scout that one in the store.)  The first one is great for portrait backgrounds too. I like that it is BOTH 3DL and Iray! Explore Jepe's store to see the rest of the sheets/products.

Post edited by Novica on
    edited November 2016

Again, all these prices are currently even lower. The store prices are changing on everything, not just these. I checked stuff I already own and put in the cart to test them. Note the Umbris Outfit Textures are currently $4.20  (Showed the outfit, black, on Callista.)

Darkshade Outfit is very classy, family friendly- unusual for a warrior type outfit. Boots have low heels. Already 65% off before discounts- Goes to $7.11  Weapons are INCLUDED.

DONT MISS THIS!!!!  Bundle Bast for Genesis 3 Female. The first time I had it in my cart and forgot to check out, it is amazing. It's a bundle. And the price is $2.70 !!!!!

If you have Space Corps, note the textures for $4.19  Note it is not just color changes, those have subtle textures with them too. (Space Corps is linked on that page, click it to see if you have it.) 

ADDING MORE HERE IN THIS POST THROUGHOUT THE NEXT FEW HOURS, it's 4:30am Sat morning, central time. If you find deals/ want to recommend products, feel free to post!

If you're looking for seasonal, you'll laugh at this Halloween option for 3D Universe's Toon Baby. Only $2.70

Turtle Boy is good for a kid's toy and you can't beat the price of $2.70

Not sure about Mishka Hair, but it's for Genesis 2 and with Slosh's hair shaders, may soften up a bit. It's $2.70. Same with Bridgette Hair. These would definitely be fine for your toon characters or toon renders (actually, superb. Very crisp lines with filters.)

And for cheap boots (again, $2.70 for Genesis 3, check out Urban Strap Boots.

Oh, this wasn't what I thought it was. I was thinking poses. This Pin-Up Look will get you a hat, lipstick, 50's-60's sunglasses, necklace, earrings, bracelet. $2.70

These are for Poser, I assume with tweaking, will be fine. Think kitchen for the Blender, Contact Grill, Expresso Machine (love the scoops), Coffee Maker,  Toaster,  Food Processor.  You may have a hodge-podge of other kitchen items, but these will all have the same style. $2.70 each. 

Haven't heard anything about the ABC's of Modeling, but it's another $2.70

Post edited by Novica on
  • ben98120000ben98120000 Posts: 469
    edited November 2016
    Marshian said:

Here is one of the promos I submitted for Above The Clouds For Iray: Nimbostratus that was requested to be left out. When the cloud prop is scaled down very very small it renders like bubbles without any adjustments to materials. I thought this promo highlighted expanded usage but marketing thought it was too far off base (I dont remember the exact words). I can see their point for sure- it was a risk.

Marketing.../sight :D

I would sooner buy it for the bubbles than for the clouds. Gazillions of usable clouds in one form or the other on the net. Not much usable bathing bubbles.

Put that bubbles photo in the commercial thread for the clouds, like, right now ! :D ;)

Post edited by ben98120000 on
  • ben98120000ben98120000 Posts: 469
    edited November 2016

double

Post edited by ben98120000 on

Hmm, prices are indeed stacking (and this has been mentioned elsewhere btw.) The Pro Bundles are around $7 when a new/debut item is in the cart. For the ones I didn't already have, I had purchased all the items individually that I wanted anyway. I thought some of the Pro bundles were quite good, can't remember which one it was that had the character and the hair that I wanted in it.

edited November 2016

Alouise (Gen3F)      Tinkerbell Hair    Relaxed Sunday (Gen3F)   Pixie Perfect Poses (Izabella, but used on Gen3F)   Painter's Lights

Painter's Lights throws definite color (yellowish, the ones I tried) so I did color change it a bit to add a touch more ruddy (still leaving it impacted with yellow though.) 

Relaxed Sunday was in the Girl 7 Pro Bundle, and I'll never use it in my book so thought I might as well use it here. The poses were in Izabella's Pro bundle and are quite spunky.

Tinkerbell Hair has morphs to puff out the sides and top, raise the bangs, etc. This has Slosh's shaders, high shine, medium translucency. I think it makes it look less cartoony. 

AlouiseRelaxSundayTinkblHair.jpg
    216 x 575 - 53K
    AlouiseRelaxSundayTinkblHair2.jpg
    516 x 575 - 218K
    AlouiseRelaxSundayTinkblHair3.jpg
    516 x 575 - 203K
    Post edited by Novica on

Are there no new debut items today?

edited November 2016

I haven't seen any. I think they're wrapping this up. It's a weekend thing, should continue tomorrow, but I'm not seeing any new stuff either.

Rendering now:

Madelyn for Izabella      Bundle Bast (WHAT A DEAL!)   Vampy Arabella Poses And Expressions

But question. Doesn't the ear remove take away the elf / fairy whatever ears? It doesn't work. I didn't click on the ears, I clicked on the figure in Scene. You don't go normally go to ears to remove them.

Okay, here's this cutie. She looks different than the promos to me. She's cute! This IS on Izabella.

Going to be offline until this evening. Happy shopping, feel free to post what you'd like to showcase.

MadelynIzabellaBAST.jpg
    516 x 575 - 240K
    MadelynBast2.jpg
    516 x 575 - 259K
    Post edited by Novica on
  • LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
    edited November 2016

I love Marshian's products and have quite a few of them. Here's one I used to create a promo graphic for my Black Kat book series website. This is Jacob, my energy shifter, and one of the major characters. I used Marshian's Rim Lighting Rig and the special hair backlight shaders. Then in postwork, I added Ron's Digital Energy Brushes. The finished product looked good on the website, since the text was super imposed by the website design. This is all in 3delight.

meetsupersJacob.JPG
    1155 x 572 - 95K
    G7M_Jacob_3DL_FX3.jpg
    918 x 881 - 170K
    Post edited by Llynara on
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,092
    Novica said:

BTW folks, just a tip- when reposting the images to reference them, you can click on the image icon (the mountains with the sun, the image you click to insert images) and resize the image down so it's not so huge. Doing them about 300-400 pixels high puts them at a nice size. That way people can scroll down to the comments faster and the pages aren't filled with the same images over and over again at full size.  wink  (Someone mentioned that a couple months ago and I was like, "Oh! Didn't know I could do that!")

And if you don't need to see those images at all in your quote (perhaps you're replying to one paragraph of the text not related to the pics?) then you can remove the image completely from your quote by clicking in the image box and hitting the "delete" button. I do this quite a lot, for example in competition threads where there's no need to republish the pic.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,092
    Novica said:

Great tip on the wire shader! Love the stars. That ring will come in handy- couldn't use the Iray one in the autopsy room lol.

Doing things in the stores right now, before they change over in an hour and a half Do want to show Ling. Ignore the skin tones, getting three in the image, the lighting is a bit different on the side ones.

Oh your Ling posts (including the child ones) have made me take another look at her in he store.

Novica said:

And your Bast pics have made me take a look at that too. I saw the V4 bundle a couple of days ago and thought mmm, maybe not - but somehow overlooked the G3F version!

Oh Novica - I've spent a fortune already today and now look what you are making me do!!!

MelanieL said:

Oh Novica - I've spent a fortune already today and now look what you are making me do!!!

Just be glad I had to get off the computer and get some sleep....

Yes, I almost missed the G3 version of Bast too. Originally, I had a V4 in the cart and almost missed the bundle. It's insane to get a hair and outfit for $2.70 or less, the cart went whacky and at one point. It see-sawed up and down, and one of the items discounted to 40% went full price, it was nerve wracking trying to shop. This started around 5:30am which made no sense to me as the items were the right price previous to that. (Why fix what ain't broke? But something else must have been.)  I just woke back up (6 hrs sleep) to post more things for everyone, haven't checked the prices. Have they stabilized?

Oh my goodness Llynara! That is such a stunning image! Love the backlighting/rim and Energy brush work. It's just enough, not too much, and the character's pose is very confident in handling the power they're unleashing. SUPERB!!!! Thanks for showing Marshian!

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
    edited November 2016

Novica, your Bast pic is adorable! Never thought to put one of the younger girls in that outfit. That's really cute! I picked up both bundles. I've had my eye on those forever.

Glad you like the image! I was really happy with how it came out. I'm thinking of using it for the back cover of the print edition of my book. Couldn't believe how well this came out in 3Delight. I would love to have the Rim Lighting Rig for Iray as well. In fact, I'm more than happy to buy any and all tools Marshian comes up with in both 3Delight and Iray. His stuff is very creative and fun to use. At some point I'm going to have a party with that Illumbrella!

Post edited by Llynara on
    edited November 2016

I figured the younger gal was okay because the top covers more than most of the teen bikinis  wink

I still can't get the regular ears to work on Madelyn. Anyone have her that can test her?

Post edited by Novica on
    edited November 2016

Telling you what's coming up so you can check them out then come back here and see it. 

French Twist Hair (Gen3F)   and Jolina.  Using Oh! My Sweetheart Poses     Badlands Roamer Outfit

The Sweetheart Poses are fun, the hands are well done with the finger positions. You get a vampy feel, frisky and innocent. Take a look at them and you'll see what I mean. You'll like that the vendor has the Girl 7 and Gen3F easily separated for you- two distinct menus. 

I just loaded Jolina and kudos to the vendor- she's hippy! Not a perfect figure, not a skinny-Minny (where the heck did that expression come from?)  Will be doing the same Painter's Lights setup as I'm trying to show you as many gals/guys as I can as fast as I can, in a reasonably lit manner.  Have a lot I'd like to get through that are in featured stores. (Arrrgh.) 

Note on the French Twist  hair- very few color options. ONLY THREE.  Blonde, Brown, Red. You have to buy the colors separately. (Just use Slosh's shaders, frankly. If you don't have those or another Iray Hair Shader- think about it! Save a lot of money on hair colors.) 

The Badlands Roamer has skin tight shorts, but at least it's family friendly in back. I got it for the boots and wrist thinga-ma-jiggies. (Don't you love it when I'm so technical?)  Love those boots!

Another note- the vendor included Iray for versions 4.8 and 4.9. for Jolina.  VERY THOUGHTFUL!!! Thank you @Raiya

My computer renders quickly so let me get this setup and back in a few. Will post here.

Quick question- in Slosh's hair shader- what's the difference between TN and WD?

In this render, she looks like Taylor Swift to me!

JolinaBadlandsRoamerPtrLites.jpg
    575 x 575 - 238K
    Post edited by Novica on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049
    Novica said:

I figured the younger gal was okay because the top covers more than most of the teen bikinis  wink

I still can't get the regular ears to work on Madelyn. Anyone have her that can test her?

I have her. I'll test after my render finishes, if nobody beats me to it.

barbult said:
    Novica said:

Thanks. When she loads, she has the elf ears. I clicked the (off the top of my head, may not be exact) icons (BOTH) for remove ears, add ears, no changes. I had the main figure loaded and I can't remember if I clicked on the ears in Scene or not, but we shouldn't have to do that. No products work that way. (The icon being clicked should make that change.) Thanks Barbult!

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

i haven't been able to get the pro bundles down to $7...they come in at $11....unless the $7 is for particular ones/ 

Novica said:

Hmm, prices are indeed stacking (and this has been mentioned elsewhere btw.) The Pro Bundles are around $7 when a new/debut item is in the cart. For the ones I didn't already have, I had purchased all the items individually that I wanted anyway. I thought some of the Pro bundles were quite good, can't remember which one it was that had the character and the hair that I wanted in it.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049
    Novica said:
    barbult said:
    Novica said:

Thanks. When she loads, she has the elf ears. I clicked the (off the top of my head, may not be exact) icons (BOTH) for remove ears, add ears, no changes. I had the main figure loaded and I can't remember if I clicked on the ears in Scene or not, but we shouldn't have to do that. No products work that way. (The icon being clicked should make that change.) Thanks Barbult!

If I start with Genesis 3 Female and double click on Madelyn Ears Apply and then double click on Madelyn Ears Remove, then the elf ears will be removed. But if I start by loading the Madelyn figure, the Madelyn Ears Remove does not work. Even if I load Genesis 3 Female and double click on Madelyn Head Apply, the Madelyn Ears Remove won't work. I've see this same kind of thing happening on other models, too. The Remove only works if you had previously used the corresponding Apply. It is not just the ears remove that doesn't work. I think all of them are this way. To me this seems like a bug.

You can work around the problem by going into the Parameters pane and dialing Izabella 7 Ears from 100% to 0%.

I installed with Daz Connect and I have duplicates of the Materials and Shaping presets except Madelyn Lashes Longer and Madelyn Lashes Reset. I think that is a bug, too. They are installed in \data\cloud\1_23405\people\genesis 3 female\characters\3dsublime\madelyn and \data\cloud\1_23405\people\genesis 3 female\characters\madelyn.

I'll send a bug report and refer to your post. :)  Yes, I think they are bugs. My workaround was to Cutout Opacity and make them go poof, since they were hidden by the hair completely lol.

This discussion has been closed.