Thank You to the Artists who Sell at DAZ3D

2»

Comments

• edited December 1969

I would like to add how thankful I am that PAs continue to offer great products during the upheaval of a new website and a new figure. It has to be hard to adopt genesis and still support the gen4 figures. You have to really love what you do to be happy, and I think the PAs do.

• DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,783
    edited November 2012

fivecat said:
    I would like to add how thankful I am that PAs continue to offer great products during the upheaval of a new website and a new figure. It has to be hard to adopt genesis and still support the gen4 figures. You have to really love what you do to be happy, and I think the PAs do.

This :) For many PAs we are now pulling double duty or trying to as best we can. It is so nice to see that people do notice. Sometimes it's easy to voice unhappiness and forget to mention what you are happy with so it is so so nice to see a thread like this and to see that people can see just how hard the vendors here work :) I for one would like to lend my thanks as well. Though I'm a vendor, I'm a customer too and I love everything I have ever bought here so a big TY to the vendors and to DAZ3D for all the amazing products that help me express my creativity and charter unknown (even to me sometimes) worlds :)

Post edited by DAZ_ann0314 on
  • DaremoK3DaremoK3 Posts: 798
    edited December 1969

Yes, thank you PA's for your wonderful creations, and all the hard work you put into them.

And, thank you, Fauvist, for creating such a wonderful thread dedicated to acknowledging all the hard work the PA's put into their creations that are very worthy of our thanks.

• GhostofMacbethGhostofMacbeth Posts: 1,524
    edited December 1969

Thank you for posting this ... :)

• AntManAntMan Posts: 2,019
    edited December 1969

It is nice to be nice to the nice.
    But it's really nice when someone says thanks. So Thanks. : )

• gingercakes47gingercakes47 Posts: 382
    edited December 1969

I would also love to add my thanks and admiration for the wonderful products created by the PA's and also the DAZ originals.There are so many times that you've made my day when I've seen the new contributions.There are times they remain on the wishlist for a loooooooong time but eventually make it to the runtime.

• FauvistFauvist Posts: 2,038
    edited December 1969

You know, I buy some of the models created by the artist's who sell here - just to look at them. I don't use them for making renders. I buy them as art-in-themselves. Some of these models are so finely made, and so intricate that it's fascinating just to use different cameras to explore them. Maybe that's a whole new industry - 3D models to explore - like going into a virtual world.

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

Fauvist said:
    You know, I buy some of the models created by the artist's who sell here - just to look at them. I don't use them for making renders. I buy them as art-in-themselves. Some of these models are so finely made, and so intricate that it's fascinating just to use different cameras to explore them. Maybe that's a whole new industry - 3D models to explore - like going into a virtual world.

How true that is. I also buy many products just because they look so cool. I hope to use them some day some way, but if I don't it really doesn't matter. I would like to talk to someone about doing some architecture for me if anyone might be interested.

• Merlin StudiosMerlin Studios Posts: 317
    edited December 1969

It's a PA love-in! What a great thread, cheered me up no end. Thanks guys!! :)

• RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,729
    edited December 1969

Fauvist said:

I admit...I have done the same

Rawn

• CathyMCathyM Posts: 261
    edited December 1969

Thanks Fauvist for starting this thread!

I too would like to express thanks to the wonderful PAs here at Daz and also those who sell their products elsewhere, I can't say enough how much I truly appreciate the amount of time and work and talent that you all put forth. I feel it's a great honor to be permitted to use the models you create in my own artistic endeavors. Thank you so much for what you do, for making it affordable, and for sharing it with us! -Cathy

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited November 2012

wancow said:
    But I have to add something to this thread. I want to thank every single artist who has created content for GENESIS! Not just the PAs but the DAZ guys as well. But especially the PAs, because I have found, and I won't mention names, that there are people who are so violently opposed to Genesis... well, it's kinda ugly when you run into it. In any event, I love Genesis, I love what I can do with this figure. And those of you out there who support this figure by creating content for it... I'm very, very appreciative!

I confess that my sole reason for making the switch to Daz recently was because the Genesis models were too enticing to avoid. Sure there are ways to import them into Poser, but as with such things they are rarely 100% accurate and I had my own personal doubts as to whether my version of Poser would even fully support it. I've made no secret of my love for all things Genesis since making the switch, and I'm always on the hunt for new Genesis morphs and outfits to mix and match.

To all those Genesis designers out there, you have my gratitude. Now if you'll excuse me all this mushy stuff makes me want to go do something manly like rescuing kittens from burning buildings.

Post edited by Herald of Fire on
  • BendinggrassBendinggrass Posts: 1,367
    edited December 1969

It really is wonderful to be able to express gratitude to you amazing, dedicated people
    who make the wonderful creations that we love to get here.
    I look at them in amazement often, as many are so simply interesting, or beautiful,
    or just fire up my imagination beyond what I am used to. I read a bit about the kind of work you do,
    and if fills me with admiration and respect for your hard work and intelligence..... I couldn't even begin to think about how to learn about this, and that is the truth.
    Sometimes, when one of the PA answers my questions and mail with such kindness and time in explaining things to me, I feel a lot of gratitude.

Not too mushy, I hope.

You know, I want to thank the people at DAZ, too, who help me in making a purchase, or perhaps it might be better to say, "returning" a product when I have made a mistake, for example, by buying something twice. It is always my mistake, but the folks at DAZ help me out, and I think go beyond decency in helping me.

There are a lot of good efforts, and good intentions, and good work, to thank you for.... it consistently displays itself.

Thanks so much.
    Randy

• ZoryaZorya Posts: 4
    edited December 1969

I would like to extend a thank you to all the lovely PAs as well. I won't pretend to know how long you've laboured or the amount of blood and tears that has gone into your products.
    I do know, however, the enjoyment that I get out of using them. They work well and they inspire me. Some of your work has provided countless hours of inspiration.
    I know how I laboured in the creations of things far more simplistic than what you have done. I'm impressed by your dedication and your visions. I am eternally grateful to you all. I never feel more connected to anyone than when I find a product that I didn't even know I was looking for, but absolutely have to have.

I would also like this message to be relayed to all of you that I haven't had the funds to purchase from, yet, but cannot get your products out of my mind. You are all inspiring and beautiful.

Thank you so much for all that you do.

• Jeanne MJeanne M Posts: 652
    edited December 1969

RawArt said:
    Fauvist said:

I admit...I have done the same

Rawn

Me too! :) I didn't think there were others doing that. :red:
    I also just download the promo's to drool and watch them more than once and not only because my budget is way too low to buy stuff.
    Anyhow, I would like to add my thanks to all the PA's. Your work is much appreciated!
    Thanks for the kind words, everyone! It's always encouraging to hear people say they like our products. Most of us fought hard to get into DAZ, and we're proud of being here, and of what we produce for you. Creating content is a bit of a lonely occupation. Hardly anyone, family or friends, actually understand what you do, unless they sit down and watch for a month or so. So it's nice to be appreciated by the one group of people who do have some idea of what's involved. And not singling out any one PA for praise is good. That way, we can all pretend it's meant for us personally. LOL. mac
    Of course it's for you personally Mac! And for every other PA personally! :)

Love, Jeanne
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 10,910
    edited December 1969

Just adding my thanks to the list ;)
    I've been a DS user since the first public beta, and I'm definitely grateful for all the wonderful content I've been able to play with in the past few years :)

• Canary3dCanary3d Posts: 2,004
    edited December 1969

Aw, thanks, everyone, this made my day too!

And I ditto what everyone says - as a customer, I love to shop here and see awesome new stuff the PAs are making. (I spend a lot more time playing dress-up with DAZ digital dollies than I do rendering, too!)

• Darklady5Darklady5 Posts: 29
    edited December 1969

How true!! Their skills at 3d model contents always amaze me almost every day. So I gotta give them the Big Kudos.

• TimesurferTimesurfer Posts: 92
    edited December 1969

I have to add my thanks too!! Quality and awesome support helps me spend about 98% of my limited funds here.

• Darklady5Darklady5 Posts: 29
    edited December 1969

Canary3d said:
    Aw, thanks, everyone, this made my day too!

And I ditto what everyone says - as a customer, I love to shop here and see awesome new stuff the PAs are making. (I spend a lot more time playing dress-up with DAZ digital dollies than I do rendering, too!)

Ha ha ha, dressing up with DAZ digital dollies than rendering? You crack me up.:lol:

Celia

• DustRiderDustRider Posts: 2,691
    edited December 1969

Just thought I'd pop in and give a big THANKS as well. The PA's here definitely put out some top notch stuff. I use Carrara, DS, and Poser (in that order) and find most everything here to work very well in Carrara.

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

What a lovely and thoughtful thread. Thank you!

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,031
    edited December 1969

Fauvist said:

Indeed!

Actually, looking at some of the models and the price I paid for them - I have to wonder if any of the PAs actually make minimum wage.

I really appreciate all the work that goes into these things, and a great big THANKS to all who make these bright shiny toys - and those who provide the added grunge so they don't look so shiny at times. :cheese:

• FauvistFauvist Posts: 2,038
    edited December 1969

Thank you not only to the Published Artists, but equally to the artists who are creating content, with no credit, under the DAZ Originals label.

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

Thanks, PAs and other content creators! :)

• Midnight_storiesMidnight_stories Posts: 4,112
    edited December 1969

A little thanks goes a long ways in my books and helps me to try a bit harder !!!

• sugataksugatak Posts: 50
    edited December 1969

Let me say that Thank you to you :)

• CymbidiumCymbidium Posts: 213
    edited December 1969

What a wonderful thread!! :) It is so nice to read praise for a change and not a moan in sight! ;) I would like to add my thank-yous to all you marvelous PAs too. Some of the products I see here are simply breathtaking and I wish I could learn more of how to do what you do!! Through Daz3D and all your wonderful products I've found the confidence to produce art and actually upload it to galleries for others to see. Couldn't have done it without you......Thank You!

• sdorseysdorsey Posts: 88
    edited December 1969

I would also like to say a thank you to the PAs and content creators. Your talents amaze me, my wallet hates you,
    but the artist in me is made better by the products you create.