N.G.S. Anagenessis II - Revolution [Commercial]

Comments

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

OK.  I'll continue to watch this thread for your freebie.  Thanks so much!

• VortigensBaneVortigensBane Posts: 383
    edited November 2016

Could anyone give us a comparative render made from a G3F, using one of Second Circle's characters? :)

rainy schoolday double.png
    1600 x 900 - 1M
    Post edited by VortigensBane on
  • HoMartHoMart Posts: 480

Could anyone give us a comparative render made from a G3F, using one of Second Circle's characters? :)

Here´s a quick one of "SC Mary Jane" and two of "SC Carly" with default Carlyskin but different N.G.S.2 brightness levels - "High Level" and "Ultra Low Level"

the blue skinreflection on Carly is due to the blue keylight I used

2OT - N.G.S.2-TEST - IRAY_004.jpg
    1000 x 1500 - 1013K
    2OT - N.G.S.2-TEST - High Level - IRAY_006.jpg
    1000 x 1500 - 1013K
    2OT - N.G.S.2-TEST - Ultra Low Level - IRAY_007.jpg
    1000 x 1500 - 996K
  • RedzRedz Posts: 1,459
    edited November 2016

Here is Darius 6 with the "High Level" Brightness

Edit: Low level brightness image added for comparison

Darius6.png
    800 x 800 - 1M
    Darius6lo.png
    800 x 800 - 1003K
    Post edited by Redz on
  • Redz said:

I prefer him with low level (always for my taste)

But looks great though!

• Dimension-ZDimension-Z Posts: 352
    edited November 2016
    Redz said:

Just a quick render from me.

Maybe needs low level...

But one way or another he looks great, right?

Darius.jpg
    1082 x 1400 - 980K
    Post edited by Dimension-Z on
  • cdpro_2831bbd990cdpro_2831bbd990 Posts: 1,430
    edited November 2016

First, here is a comparison of my character NUDITY, Ondine, (Genesis 2) without NGS or any other Iray shader, on your left, and with NGS applied via one click script on the right.  Clearly, I need to do something to correct the crazy lip gloss.

The lighting is just the standard "Ruins" HDRI environment.

Other than turning Ondine a nice corpse green, I'm not sure I'm impressed.  What settings should I be altering to get NGS2 to work with my texture?  All I did was select Genesis 2 and Surfaces under the Surfaces tab and then apply NGS for Gen2.  The plain version of Ondine on your left is what color she should be.  

Also, just for clarification - Does High Level Brightness bring up light levels in the skin, or lower them to compensate for bright environments?  If it's the former, I'll try a low level setting and see if that helps.  Although, I'm not sure how to correct for the green color.

Image removed for nudity

Post edited by Chohole on

WOW.. that's very realistic Darius DZ.  I just got the Dawn skin settings in place.  Doing the render now...

• cdpro_2831bbd990cdpro_2831bbd990 Posts: 1,430
    edited November 2016

First, here is a comparison of my character, Ondine, (Genesis 2) without NGS or any other Iray shader, on your left, and with NGS applied via one click script on the right.  Clearly, I need to do something to correct the crazy lip gloss.

The lighting is just the standard "Ruins" HDRI environment.

Other than turning Ondine a nice corpse green, I'm not sure I'm impressed.  What settings should I be altering to get NGS2 to work with my texture?  All I did was select Genesis 2 and Surfaces under the Surfaces tab and then apply NGS for Gen2.  The plain version of Ondine on your left is what color she should be.  

Also, just for clarification - Does High Level Brightness bring up light levels in the skin, or lower them to compensate for bright environments?  If it's the former, I'll try a low level setting and see if that helps.  Although, I'm not sure how to correct for the green color.

Image removed for nudity

Geez...alright, I'm reuploading with the naughty parts cropped off.  Although, I must say it's hard to show a full body texture for comparison without exposing it.  And, doesn't every single person on this site see their own figures nude before they put clothes on them?  Oh well.  Here's the censored image.

Image removed - see http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/3279/acceptable-ways-of-handling-nudity#latest

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • RAMWolff said:

WOW.. that's very realistic Darius DZ.  I just got the Dawn skin settings in place.  Doing the render now...

Another One

Darius2.jpg
    1082 x 1400 - 978K

I'm amazed at your settings.  After looking them over I had to set quite a few settings to "Limits Off" in the Parameters to get them in place.  But the results, on your end, are spectacular.  I got the skin in place but need some sort of guide to help me understand what and where to set up glossiness for lips and nails as well as eyes, teeth and all that. Hopefully your freebie will help with that. 

This is Tina for Dawn for Hivewire.  She's a Toon I created in ZBrush.... I tried applying the shader to the hair but that just blew out all my strands maps I made so I'll leave that be for now until I figure out how to control the glossiness for things like hair, nails, teeth and lips... Looks pretty darned good.  Using just two maps through out all the channels is brilliant!  Turned off all the lights except for the HDRI map for lighting, hence the unwanted shadows on the face from the hair...

Revolution II - HDRI Map Only for Lighting.jpg
    1156 x 837 - 649K
  • RAMWolff said:

This is Tina for Dawn for Hivewire.  She's a Toon I created in ZBrush.... I tried applying the shader to the hair but that just blew out all my strands maps I made so I'll leave that be for now until I figure out how to control the glossiness for things like hair, nails, teeth and lips... Looks pretty darned good.  Using just two maps through out all the channels is brilliant!  Turned off all the lights except for the HDRI map for lighting, hence the unwanted shadows on the face from the hair...

Cool...nice character.  How does the render compare to without NGS2?

edited November 2016

RAMWolff said:

Another One

I'm enjoying the shader very much, thank you. I love the micro skin details. Darius looks really great. Maybe a little too much blue tint (for me). Here I simply changed the skin SSS Reflectance to a very pale flesh tone. And in the second image pulled the translucency back to 0.1.

Edit: default 3Delight materials rendered in Iray added for comparison (image 3)

Darius6sss2.png
    800 x 800 - 1008K
    Darius6ssstrans1.png
    800 x 800 - 1018K
    Darius6default.png
    800 x 800 - 934K
    Post edited by Redz on
  • Redz said:

RAMWolff said:

Another One

I'm enjoying the shader very much, thank you. I love the micro skin details. Darius looks really great. Maybe a little too much blue tint (for me). Here I simply changed the skin SSS Reflectance to a very pale flesh tone. And in the second image pulled the translucency back to 0.1.

Your results are terrific!  I'm wondering what I'm missing???

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560

I'm finding it blows out the skin too much. Is there a way to preserve skin color when applying? For example when using the skin shader on Gianni 7? Is the brightenss what I needed to adjust? I tried lowering it, but it still doesn't look tanned like the original. Am I doing something wrong?

• I'm finding it blows out the skin too much. Is there a way to preserve skin color when applying? For example when using the skin shader on Gianni 7? Is the brightenss what I needed to adjust? I tried lowering it, but it still doesn't look tanned like the original. Am I doing something wrong?

Sample please?

Thnx

D-Z

• I'm finding it blows out the skin too much. Is there a way to preserve skin color when applying? For example when using the skin shader on Gianni 7? Is the brightenss what I needed to adjust? I tried lowering it, but it still doesn't look tanned like the original. Am I doing something wrong?

Dont you get this result like my quick render?

Gianni.jpg
    1082 x 1400 - 971K
  • I didn't use NGS at all... I don't have it yet
    ---
    so will it change the "skin" on the faces so they don't fade like the ones I'm using now.
    ---
    Iray seems to do a pretty good job with shaders because the non -iray shaders actually look richer and fuller in Iray but the cats faces and eyes seem to fade.
    --
    neither scene has NGS... the one of the left is rendered in 3dl while the one on the right was done in iray.
    ---

Alan Bard, I may have missed something but did you convert all the shaders in your scene to Iray before rendering?  Or are they all still the DAZ Default shaders?  If they're still the DAZ Default shaders, that would account for why your scene looks better in 3Delight.  The default Iray shader should say Iray Uber.

• bicc39bicc39 Posts: 589
    edited November 2016

Another excellent product with a quality name ( Dimension Theory) attached.

There are a few merchants ( Mec4d is another) from whom I would buy just about anything.

This will not rest on the shelf, it will be used.

Thank you

Post edited by bicc39 on
  • bicc39 said:

Another excellent product with a quality name ( Dimension Theory) attached.

There are a few merchants ( Mec4d is another) from whom I would buy just about anything.

This will not rest on the shelf, it will be used.

Thank you

Thnx a lot

Dimension-Z (by the way) ;)

Redz said:

RAMWolff said:

Another One

I don't think I own this character or I would try her out. Is she from Daz?

RAMWolff said:

Cool...nice character.  How does the render compare to without NGS2?

Thank you so much.  The skin looks pretty similar actually but I used the Weighted surface model and there were quite a few internal maps making the channels quite bogged down.  With this set up I use the Specular Glossy surface model and only two maps to achieve the same or better results. 

I'm finding it blows out the skin too much. Is there a way to preserve skin color when applying? For example when using the skin shader on Gianni 7? Is the brightenss what I needed to adjust? I tried lowering it, but it still doesn't look tanned like the original. Am I doing something wrong?

He does render much paler with this shader. You could try changing the glossy colour of the skin lips and nails to a mid-dark grey colour. This is how he renders with the glossy colour changed.

gianni7glossy1.png
    800 x 800 - 1015K
    edited November 2016
    Redz said:

He does render much paler with this shader. You could try changing the glossy colour of the skin lips and nails to a mid-dark grey colour. This is how he renders with the glossy colour changed.

Great render. But also depends of the lights. But you've maken a great sample! Thnx!

P.S.

You're absolutely right! Just tried it!

Thnx again for the helping hand!

• Redz said:

or less blue/cyan on glossy color...this is what you did? but it gives same results!

• I changed my SSS setting to a very pale orange and am getting better results.  However, I'm not seeing that hyper real look yet.  Maybe I need to change out the HDRI for mesh lights?I also can't seem to fix the lips.

Redz said:
    Redz said:

RAMWolff said:

Another One

No, this one is my own creation.  But, she is based on Gen2.  The diffuse texture is custom.  But all the regular Gen2 settings were used from the Gen2 base figure.  I didn't change anything other than the diffuse textures.  As you can see, she renders just fine without any Iray shaders.  I've gotten good results with several other shaders as well...the EchoV shaders for Gen2, and the Gen2 Iray Optimized shader.  All produce decent results.  I bought NGS2 because of the incredible samples.  But, I haven't gotten that kind of result so far.  It looks good...just not amazing as I'd hoped.  Although, I do really like the pores and skin hairs.  I managed to change the green cast by switching SSS to a pale orange color.  Now it comes close to matching the original color.  I cannot figure out any way to get rid of the crazy lip gloss.  Any suggestions?

I wish I understood how NGS2 actually works.  Then, I could adjust my settings accordingly to get the best results.  Right now, I'm just guessing.

Another question:  Why when I apply NGS2, does my texture model in the viewport look so glossy and blown out?  Is that normal, or do I need to change a setting somewhere?  It makes it very difficult to see details on the model while posing.

Ondine zero iray shader and NGS 2 orange SSS mesh light left.jpg
    2318 x 1854 - 2M
    edited November 2016

I changed my SSS setting to a very pale orange and am getting better results.  However, I'm not seeing that hyper real look yet.  Maybe I need to change out the HDRI for mesh lights?I also can't seem to fix the lips.

Redz said:
    Redz said:

RAMWolff said:

Another One

No, this one is my own creation.  But, she is based on Gen2.  The diffuse texture is custom.  But all the regular Gen2 settings were used from the Gen2 base figure.  I didn't change anything other than the diffuse textures.  As you can see, she renders just fine without any Iray shaders.  I've gotten good results with several other shaders as well...the EchoV shaders for Gen2, and the Gen2 Iray Optimized shader.  All produce decent results.  I bought NGS2 because of the incredible samples.  But, I haven't gotten that kind of result so far.  It looks good...just not amazing as I'd hoped.  Although, I do really like the pores and skin hairs.  I managed to change the green cast by switching SSS to a pale orange color.  Now it comes close to matching the original color.  I cannot figure out any way to get rid of the crazy lip gloss.  Any suggestions?

I wish I understood how NGS2 actually works.  Then, I could adjust my settings accordingly to get the best results.  Right now, I'm just guessing.

Another question:  Why when I apply NGS2, does my texture model in the viewport look so glossy and blown out?  Is that normal, or do I need to change a setting somewhere?  It makes it very difficult to see details on the model while posing.

As for Gianni 7  I can't help you or anyone else if you wont show a sample please!

As for your model something didnt load correctly in surfaces. You have to check face surface and lips if they are look the same about the maps.

If not then I'm here to give you any help!

P.S.

What presets did you use? Or just clicked on Anagenessis 2 Genesis 2? Maybe you need Brightness Level to Ultra Low!

Thnx

D-Z

• I'm the Ondine guy, not the Gianni guy.

I'm having better luck with the skin tone.  I just can't get the lips right.  They either go ultra glossy or black.  

I selected "skin" in the surfaces section and clicked the NGS2 for Gen2 script.  

I then selected the lips and applied the lip gloss script.

Ondine zero iray shader and NGS 2 orange SSS mesh light left2.jpg
    2318 x 1854 - 1M
  • bicc39bicc39 Posts: 589

Dimension-Z (by the way) ;)

Wanted to make sure you were paying attention!!!!