N.G.S. Anagenessis II - Revolution [Commercial]

1246742

Comments

  • HoMartHoMart Posts: 262
    edited November 2016

    went little goofy and rendered the same scene with default skin (out of the box), with N.G.S. Anagenessis for Genesis 3 and with N.G.S. Anagenessis 2 - Revolution to compare the renders

    "just quick and dirty" out of the box renders

    light is just sun & sky

     

    2OT - N.G.S.2-TEST - Default Skin.png
    960 x 1200 - 947K
    2OT - N.G.S.2-TEST - N.G.S. for G3F.png
    960 x 1200 - 968K
    2OT - N.G.S.2-TEST - N.G.S. 2-Revolution.png
    960 x 1200 - 1006K
    Post edited by HoMart on
  • Artini said:

    Wow, this product is amazing. Thanks for creating it. One click and the whole character is converted to iray.

    Just wondering about the Pores script. I have applied it to Mei Lin 6 (Pores High Level), but could not see the effect of it on the render.

    Could you please post, if possible, what lights have you used for the promo renders. Thanks in advance.

    Below is my render. I have used Anagenessis II on Mei Lin 6 and the clothes.

    Light setup was from iRadiance - Studio HDRIs for Iray http://www.daz3d.com/iradiance-studio-hdris-for-iray

    and also added one spotlight for eyes reflection. Also used:

    http://www.daz3d.com/mei-lin-6

    http://www.daz3d.com/ranger-outfit-for-genesis-2-female-s

    image

    Thnx a lot!

    Pores are visible on close ups. But if you want from a distance, increase top coat glossiness & curve 0 (don't push the values).

    You can also play with Brightness Presets to fit the skin to your taste.

     

    Thnx

    Dimension-Z

  • If I understand correctly, this replaces any other conversion tools for Iray? I can one-click this on any figure and they'll all look good for Iray?

    What interests me most are the pictures fo the stand-alone creatures... Can anyone confirm this is one-click for them, too? Do results with this make, say, the Dragon 3 default textures look as good as the specialised Iray skin textures available?

    Also interested in what results this might achieve for things like vehicles, robots and props. Has anyone experimented with those?

  • Here is my NGS test. Regular iRay is on the left. You really can see the difference in the lip area.

  • BlueIreneBlueIrene Posts: 1,318

    The eyes look better too. Is that just the NGS effect? There's not much in the way of 'before and after' in the promos for the newer product, so I really appreciate those that have been posted here - thanks, guys :)

    Here is my NGS test. Regular iRay is on the left. You really can see the difference in the lip area.

     

  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 3,892

    Thanks, Dimension-Z. Will try your suggestion.

     

  • The eyes look better too. Is that just the NGS effect? There's not much in the way of 'before and after' in the promos for the newer product, so I really appreciate those that have been posted here - thanks, guys :)

    Here is my NGS test. Regular iRay is on the left. You really can see the difference in the lip area.

     

    Only user can tell you if he did any tweaks.

     

    Thnx

    Dimension-Z

  • Looks interesting.  How does this work with Reality?  Does anyone know if it will it help iray look better when using it?

  • rwhyatt said:

    Looks interesting.  How does this work with Reality?  Does anyone know if it will it help iray look better when using it?

    The product is designed only for iRay. But you can test by yourself to see the results in Reality. I'm very interested though!

     

    Thnx

    Dimension-Z

  • BlueIreneBlueIrene Posts: 1,318

    The eyes look better too. Is that just the NGS effect? There's not much in the way of 'before and after' in the promos for the newer product, so I really appreciate those that have been posted here - thanks, guys :)

    Here is my NGS test. Regular iRay is on the left. You really can see the difference in the lip area.

     

    Only user can tell you if he did any tweaks.

     

    Thnx

    Dimension-Z

    Sorry, I thought that by quoting him I was making it clear that I was addressing him directly. Thanks for answering anyway.

  • The eyes look better too. Is that just the NGS effect? There's not much in the way of 'before and after' in the promos for the newer product, so I really appreciate those that have been posted here - thanks, guys :)

    Here is my NGS test. Regular iRay is on the left. You really can see the difference in the lip area.

     

    Only user can tell you if he did any tweaks.

     

    Thnx

    Dimension-Z

    Sorry, I thought that by quoting him I was making it clear that I was addressing him directly. Thanks for answering anyway.

    No problem

    D-Z

  • hjakehjake Posts: 326

    Ok, so I can't change my DAZ Connect directory,so I used DAZ Install Manager to install to default path, and it seems to work now. That's a bit of a messy way to handle it. It would be great if it could handle custom paths, I can handle it but I'm guessing this will be a problem for more people than just me. Now I'm going to test out this really great looking product. Thanks for helping, should've tried the directory thing first thing. 

    You're very welcome! 

    It was a problem for me too, thats why I have mentioned in my product description. But at least I'm very glad that you have solved the problem and you will be able to taste the "skin"!

     

    Thnx

    Dimension-Z

    Seriously? This only works with the default paths? That's a show-stopper, dead-in-the-tracks, not only no purchase, but complaint to DAZ support. In the the world of SSD drives that are under 256 meg, not everybody has the luxury of keeping their content on the C drive in the default path.

    You can also have set default library path an internal or external disk. Not necessary on C drive!

    Dimension-Z, just to clarify.  In DAZ install manager you must set your default library location. Anagenessis II must be installed to that location and the content you want to apply Anagenessis must also be in that folder.  That folder can be on any drive.

    If I have my content in sub-folders of this folder will it work or does all my content have to be in one folder?

    An example that won't work?

    My main default download folder would be:

    R:\RUNT/DAZ DIM

    I would install Anagenessis to folder:

    R:\RUNT/DAZ DIM/S - DS Addons

    all my genesis 3 figures and skins would be in

    R:/RUNT/DAZ DIM/F - Gen 7

    because Anagenessis and Genesis 3 figures are in different folders this would not work?

    I have to install all my content to use with Anagenessis into the same folder as Anagenessis?

    Therefore everything must be installed to  R:\RUNT/DAZ DIM/S - DS Addons for it to work?

    Is this correct?

     

     

  • hjake said:

    Ok, so I can't change my DAZ Connect directory,so I used DAZ Install Manager to install to default path, and it seems to work now. That's a bit of a messy way to handle it. It would be great if it could handle custom paths, I can handle it but I'm guessing this will be a problem for more people than just me. Now I'm going to test out this really great looking product. Thanks for helping, should've tried the directory thing first thing. 

    You're very welcome! 

    It was a problem for me too, thats why I have mentioned in my product description. But at least I'm very glad that you have solved the problem and you will be able to taste the "skin"!

     

    Thnx

    Dimension-Z

    Seriously? This only works with the default paths? That's a show-stopper, dead-in-the-tracks, not only no purchase, but complaint to DAZ support. In the the world of SSD drives that are under 256 meg, not everybody has the luxury of keeping their content on the C drive in the default path.

    You can also have set default library path an internal or external disk. Not necessary on C drive!

    Dimension-Z, just to clarify.  In DAZ install manager you must set your default library location. Anagenessis II must be installed to that location and the content you want to apply Anagenessis must also be in that folder.  That folder can be on any drive.

    If I have my content in sub-folders of this folder will it work or does all my content have to be in one folder?

    An example that won't work?

    My main default download folder would be:

    R:\RUNT/DAZ DIM

    I would install Anagenessis to folder:

    R:\RUNT/DAZ DIM/S - DS Addons

    all my genesis 3 figures and skins would be in

    R:/RUNT/DAZ DIM/F - Gen 7

    because Anagenessis and Genesis 3 figures are in different folders this would not work?

    I have to install all my content to use with Anagenessis into the same folder as Anagenessis?

    Therefore everything must be installed to  R:\RUNT/DAZ DIM/S - DS Addons for it to work?

    Is this correct?

     

     

    It's not important to have Genesis figures and NGS on the same folder.

    You can try install it as you are right now.

     

    You want to install it via DIM or Connect?

     

    Thnx

    D-Z

  • hjakehjake Posts: 326
    hjake said:
     

    It's not important to have Genesis figures and NGS on the same folder.

    You can try install it as you are right now.

     

    You want to install it via DIM or Connect?

     

    Thnx

    D-Z

    I am installing via DIM not Connect

  • Redz said:

    Could you clarify the usage of this product as a merchant resource. I read the read-me but there were no specifics. Would a commercial product using your skin shader presets require the purchaser to also own Anagenesis 2? Specifically the shader uses textures specific to Anagenesis (micros). Are you permitting redistribution of the micro textures with commercial products, either in altered or unaltered form? Thanks in advance, and so far it's looking like a nice product. Very dark skins might need some tweaking of the reflectance tint for my taste, but otherwise the results look very nice. 

    Answer:

    As a Merchant Resource you can use it to aid in creating products, but anything you use should be changed to the point that it doesn't prevent or discourage the purchase of N.G.S.2

     

    Thnx

    D-Z

  • hjake said:
    hjake said:
     

    It's not important to have Genesis figures and NGS on the same folder.

    You can try install it as you are right now.

     

    You want to install it via DIM or Connect?

     

    Thnx

    D-Z

    I am installing via DIM not Connect

    So you wont have any problem. If so I'm here to help.

    Thnx

    D-Z

  • hjakehjake Posts: 326

    I'll try it tonight when I get home.

     

    Thanks.

  • hjake said:

    I'll try it tonight when I get home.

     

    Thanks.

    No problem

    Happy Rendering!

    Thank you again

    D-Z

  • kimhkimh Posts: 152
    edited November 2016

    I couldn't wait so tried a quick render on a figure I am working on. I love it but wondering why it won't apply to gen3 male genitalia. I tried to choosing both at the same time, genesis 3 male and then geneis 3 male genitalia and reverse and have had no luck in getting the genetalia to render nicely like the skin. The genetalia skin remained untouched while the rest looks awesome

    Post edited by kimh on
  • Dimension-ZDimension-Z Posts: 352
    edited November 2016
    kimh said:

    I couldn't wait so tried a quick render on a figure I am working on. I love it but wondering why it won't apply to gen3 male genitalia. I tried to choosing both at the same time, genesis 3 male and then geneis 3 male genitalia and reverse and have had no luck in getting the genetalia to render nicely like the skin. The genetalia skin remained untouched while the rest looks awesome

    It has not support for gens.

    Although I will give to all people a guide & a freebie manual system after product's releasing for easier applying on Non-Genesis Figures. (tails, genitals, creatures etc.)

    Or an addon for gens.

    Just please be patient. It was too hard for me to make all this "beast" to working.

     

    Thnx

    D-Z

    Post edited by Dimension-Z on
  • kfox65kfox65 Posts: 26

    Character question - who is the orange guy baring his teeth, bottom left of the email ad? There is also a picture of him on the product page, picture 16.  Thanks!

  • kfox65 said:

    Character question - who is the orange guy baring his teeth, bottom left of the email ad? There is also a picture of him on the product page, picture 16.  Thanks!

    http://www.daz3d.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/thumbnail/689303033aebc8cae535000c73c8db4b/1/6/16-ngs-anagenessis-2---revolution-daz3d.jpg

     

    If you mean this guy, He's Freddy Krueger. Freebie Prop with one VERY VERY LOW Resolution diffuse map!

     

    Thnx

    D-Z

  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 4,548

    I bought this product but I'm not really getting it to work. I load up michael 7 and double-click HighKey Genesis 3 but in the render it is gray like somekind of default material. I'm I using it right? I hope I can get it to work because it looks amazing

     

    Can you please show me your render test? Thank you Dimension-Z

    Sure, this is what I get when rendering. I noticed a line in the readme stating something about using default paths. Not sure what this is a reference to but I have my DAZ connect folder moved to a different drive out of necessity.

    Edit: I'm using Ig point and shoot as lighting. Shouldn't make a difference I guess but adding for completeness

    Thanks

     

    Ok. Please try to install the package in the default DAZ library folder and let me know. Thnx Dimension-Z

    I install everything manually -- unless it comes in a Bitrock installer. Does this? If not, am I to understand that it gets installed in the Application folder?

  • kimhkimh Posts: 152
    kimh said:

    I couldn't wait so tried a quick render on a figure I am working on. I love it but wondering why it won't apply to gen3 male genitalia. I tried to choosing both at the same time, genesis 3 male and then geneis 3 male genitalia and reverse and have had no luck in getting the genetalia to render nicely like the skin. The genetalia skin remained untouched while the rest looks awesome

    It has not support for gens.

    Although I will give to all people a guide & a freebie manual system after product's releasing for easier applying on Non-Genesis Figures. (tails, genitals, creatures etc.)

    Or an addon for gens.

    Just please be patient. It was too hard for me to make all this "beast" to working.

     

    Thnx

    D-Z

    Thank you...looking forward to it as your product is awesome :-)

  • MendomanMendoman Posts: 227

    I'm really interested in this product, and promo pics look awesome, but I'd still like to see some proper before and after pics. You know, same lighting, same camera angle and close enough to see the skin clearly, so it's easier to see the difference when compared to normal Iray skin.

  • Mendoman said:

    I'm really interested in this product, and promo pics look awesome, but I'd still like to see some proper before and after pics. You know, same lighting, same camera angle and close enough to see the skin clearly, so it's easier to see the difference when compared to normal Iray skin.

    This is my promo comparison:

    http://www.daz3d.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/1/4/14-ngs-anagenessis-2---revolution-daz3d.jpg

     

    Thnx

    D-Z

  • The eyes look better too. Is that just the NGS effect? There's not much in the way of 'before and after' in the promos for the newer product, so I really appreciate those that have been posted here - thanks, guys :)

    Here is my NGS test. Regular iRay is on the left. You really can see the difference in the lip area.

     

    I did nothing but add the effect. I did no post or anything. What you see is exactly what was rendered. 

  • BlueIreneBlueIrene Posts: 1,318

    The eyes look better too. Is that just the NGS effect? There's not much in the way of 'before and after' in the promos for the newer product, so I really appreciate those that have been posted here - thanks, guys :)

    Here is my NGS test. Regular iRay is on the left. You really can see the difference in the lip area.

     

    I did nothing but add the effect. I did no post or anything. What you see is exactly what was rendered. 

    Thanks. I'm still on the fence about it, but your before/after will probably tip me off and over to your side of it quite soon :)

  • anikadanikad Posts: 1,919

    Has anyone tried this on products with a darker skin tone e.g. Monique? How are the renders looking?

  • RedzRedz Posts: 1,326
    anikad said:

    Has anyone tried this on products with a darker skin tone e.g. Monique? How are the renders looking?

    I thought Monique's skin came out too dark and muddy looking for my personal taste, but if you lighten the SSS reflectance tint, it looks much better. 

Sign In or Register to comment.