N.G.S. Anagenessis II - Revolution [Commercial]

Comments

• Redz said:
    anikad said:

Has anyone tried this on products with a darker skin tone e.g. Monique? How are the renders looking?

I thought Monique's skin came out too dark and muddy looking for my personal taste, but if you lighten the SSS reflectance tint, it looks much better. 

Brightness Levels are for dark skins!

Thnx

D-Z

• I see the UVs for Genesis 3 characters getting changed to Base and Victoria 7... is that intentional?

• I see the UVs for Genesis 3 characters getting changed to Base and Victoria 7... is that intentional?

Nope. I have mentioned that in my product description. If you have UV Fitting "problem", just select all surfaces and choose the propper UV Type for your character. So before apply shader just remember character's UV type.

Its not a product's issue but you have to make this simple "fix" for some characters.

Thnx

D-Z

• RedzRedz Posts: 1,459
    Redz said:
    anikad said:

Has anyone tried this on products with a darker skin tone e.g. Monique? How are the renders looking?

I thought Monique's skin came out too dark and muddy looking for my personal taste, but if you lighten the SSS reflectance tint, it looks much better. 

Thnx

D-Z

Good to know. A little more detailed readme with this kind of advice would be great. 

• Dimension-ZDimension-Z Posts: 352
    edited November 2016
    Redz said:
    Redz said:
    anikad said:

Thnx

D-Z

Good to know. A little more detailed readme with this kind of advice would be great. 

You have absolutely right! A guide will be coming soon!

This product was too difficault for me to make it balance with all kind of Genesis Figures.

And I know its new for you to understand how its working from the first day.

But I believe that you will be very satisfied with the results, so please forgive me if I was missing out a simple guide.

Thnx

D-Z

Post edited by Dimension-Z on
  • N-RArtsN-RArts Posts: 1,436
    edited November 2016

Does it only work with Daz3D figures, or will it work with figures that can be imported into Daz Studio?

Post edited by N-RArts on
  • Here is some Dark Skins with it - The model is Gracious G3 & I used the Bright - High Level - Bright - Ultra Low & Bright High reducing translucency & lightening the SSS reflective tint

The lights are Render Studio & bloom on, the good news is this set up  renders really fast so its easy to  try different combinations

Graciousbright.png
    800 x 1000 - 1M
    GraciousLow.png
    800 x 1000 - 1M
    Gracious2.png
    800 x 1000 - 1M
  • Does it only work with Daz3D figures, or will it work with figures that can be imported into Daz Studio?

It has One Click Solution Support only for All DAZ Genesis Figures

Although I will give to all people a guide & a freebie manual system for easier applying on Non-Genesis Figures. (tails, genitals, creatures etc.)

Or an addon for gens.

Just please be patient. It was too hard for me to make all this "beast" to working.

Thnx

D-Z

• Dimension-ZDimension-Z Posts: 352
    edited November 2016
    Tottallou said:

Here is some Dark Skins with it - The model is Gracious G3 & I used the Bright - High Level - Bright - Ultra Low & Bright High reducing translucency & lightening the SSS reflective tint

The lights are Render Studio & bloom on, the good news is this set up  renders really fast so its easy to  try different combinations

1. Decrease Normal Map Value to 0.20 (Very strong Normal Map or Low Resolution - Maybe its a vendor's issue)

2. Select Pores Medium Level

Thnx

D-Z

Post edited by Dimension-Z on
  • 1. Decrease Normal Map Value to 0.20 (Very strong Normal Map or Low Resolution - Maybe its a vendor's issue)

2. Select Pores Medium Level

Thnx

D-Z

The revised versions in Ultra Low & High Level

GraciousLowrevised.png
    800 x 1000 - 1M
    GraciousHighrevised.png
    800 x 1000 - 1M
  • So does this completely replace NGS 1? If I buy NGS 2, is there any reason to buy NGS 1?

Completely different products.

Thank you

Dimension-Z

I hear you are saying that Anagenessis for G3 is a completely different product. BUT, if I buy the new Anagenessis, is there any reason to own the old one?  It appears that the new product REPLACES the old one completely.  If that is not the case, please explain.

• Ok, so it is a separate product from Anagenesis 1. Is there any reason to have both? Do they both work on the same figure? Would you only use one or the other? I'm getting this but was trying to decide if it is worth throwing the older version into my cart as well. :)

Was wondering the same thing. The first product states that it's just for Genesis 3, while the latest says it's for all figures including Genesis 3. Is the first product redundant unless you're only interested in Genesis 3 and have no plans to buy the second?

The first works with all maps. The second only with one diffuse in all figures. Thnx Dimension-Z

Okay...So, what is the benefit working with all maps as opposed to the way the new version handles things?  Is the output quality better on one or the other version?  If it doesn't make any difference, why would I want to own version 1?

• HoMart said:

went little goofy and rendered the same scene with default skin (out of the box), with N.G.S. Anagenessis for Genesis 3 and with N.G.S. Anagenessis 2 - Revolution to compare the renders

"just quick and dirty" out of the box renders

light is just sun & sky

So, the new version just makes everything render more red?

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,757

Does it only work with Daz3D figures, or will it work with figures that can be imported into Daz Studio?

Although I will give to all people a guide & a freebie manual system for easier applying on Non-Genesis Figures. (tails, genitals, creatures etc.)

Or an addon for gens.

Just please be patient. It was too hard for me to make all this "beast" to working.

Thnx

D-Z

Is the process basically the same as in this tutorial forthe original Anagenessis?   http://chrisryder123.deviantart.com/art/Genital-Tutorial-N-G-S-Anagenessis-for-Gen3-630681563

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945

Stalest said:

My DAZ program sits on my c drive, but all content sits on another drive and I did not have any problem with using this product on V4 (only just downloaded and used it just the once so far!). The only items I download from DAZ contect are those items that are DAZ contect only items.

My image is still processing, but the results so far look amazing yes

My DS program is on C: my 'DAZ'  content is on D: and my Poser content is on F: and it fails on V4 for me.  Not convinced I am doing it right as I have doubts about the 'All Genesis (including V4 and M4)' statement as V4 and M4 are NOT Genesis, even if Genesis can use the Gen4 materials natively.

Also, even with G3F it seems to fail on fingernails and converts Bethany UV maps to Victoria 7 for me ;)

It does make quite a change to the result, under the same lighting, so it takes a bit of getting used to.

• HoMartHoMart Posts: 480

Or an addon for gens.

Thnx

D-Z

Is the process basically the same as in this tutorial forthe original Anagenessis?   http://chrisryder123.deviantart.com/art/Genital-Tutorial-N-G-S-Anagenessis-for-Gen3-630681563

On a very base level - yes

Was looking for a workaround this morning and realised, that I had to "unlimit" almost all "material/shader slots" before pasting  ( I just copied the torso material )

After the pasting I selected "torso" and "anatomical element" and checked where the value showed a questionmark - here I set the value/color manually to the value of the torsovalue.

• BlueIreneBlueIrene Posts: 1,318
    edited November 2016

Well, I fell off the fence and bought NGS, and I'm happy with it so far although I'm a bit short on time to experiment as I've got a queue of renders backing up that I need to be doing. Hence the fairly small before/after comparison. It's not much, but I hope it helps someone who might decide to buy it while the introductory price is still in force.

The lighting here is the default DS lighting and the only change between the before and the after is the one-click NGS G2 preset. On the left is Gianni 6, wearing the default Iray shaders and apparently opening his mouth to guide passing ships safely to shore using his dazzling white teeth. On the right, he's wearing NGS and his days as a lighthouse are behind him. I think he looks better all over for the NGS treatment, but especially his teeth, lips and eyes. The only other Iray preset I've got for him turns his eyebrows red, so this is a huge improvement.

Heeeeres_Gianni.jpg
    800 x 600 - 324K
    Post edited by BlueIrene on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,689

Stupid question, is this for iRay?

• BlueIreneBlueIrene Posts: 1,318
    edited November 2016

Yes, it is :)

*Edited to add that I meant 'Yes, it's for iRay', not 'Yes, it's a stupid question.' :)

Post edited by BlueIrene on
  • MJWMJW Posts: 513

Does this work with layers added? I am thinking of 'home-made' tattoos, skin blemishes, etc. Is it possible to use this to create such items?

Thanks

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,689

Yes, it is :)

*Edited to add that I meant 'Yes, it's for iRay', not 'Yes, it's a stupid question.' :)

I got it so hopefully it will be good.

• Has anyone tried this with geografts? Reptilian, for instance? Do they improve the characters as a whole or is there a weird seam where the geograft joins the body?

• Has anyone tried to render N.G.S. Anagenessis II - Revolution in 3 delight? Sometimes iray items look great in 3 delight. . I just bought it today and I am eagerly experiment with it. I will post what I  render. Wish me luck.

• HoMartHoMart Posts: 480

Has anyone tried this with geografts? Reptilian, for instance? Do they improve the characters as a whole or is there a weird seam where the geograft joins the body?

I tested with Minotaur 6, after applying the shader manually to the geografts (legs, tail and anatomical element) there was NO weird seam in the surface.

Still have to try others.

Dimension-Z metioned that he will provide a script to apply to the geografts - so no manualyy alpplying then.

• outrider42outrider42 Posts: 3,679

So how does this compare to the Iray Smart Converters by V3Digitimes? I have all of them and I love them. They are also easy to use and offer several options. Also, the Smart Converters have features to apply the settings to genital props, which NGS does not (for now it seems?) However, Smart Converters are separate products for each generation of figure.

Does anybody have a render comparing NGS to Smart Converter?

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560

I am curious if there is a way to preserve existing diffuse tints added to darken and tan skin? I have a character with tanned skin and this tool makes him quite pale.

• DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451

I'm curious if i should buy both as well

• will it work with a diffuse map that is just a photograph of a cat? or a fox?
    This was done with just the default setting.

booth cats 07 iray.jpg
    1772 x 790 - 881K
  • So does this completely replace NGS 1? If I buy NGS 2, is there any reason to buy NGS 1?

Completely different products.

Thank you

Dimension-Z

I hear you are saying that Anagenessis for G3 is a completely different product. BUT, if I buy the new Anagenessis, is there any reason to own the old one?  It appears that the new product REPLACES the old one completely.  If that is not the case, please explain.

Exactly. You dont need first version

Thnx

D-Z

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited November 2016
    HoMart said:

went little goofy and rendered the same scene with default skin (out of the box), with N.G.S. Anagenessis for Genesis 3 and with N.G.S. Anagenessis 2 - Revolution to compare the renders

That last one looks too red IMO compared to the first two. And that's this product?

Post edited by Novica on