Need Help with DS3A Timeline and Scene Files.

JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Art Studio

I'm just starting to learn to Animate and I'm starting with DS3A because I've had it longer and understand it better. This is what I wish to do but I can not figure out how to do it.

I've made a short Animation Using Lip Sync, I now want to save JUST the last FRAME as a scene so I can start a new Scene from that point. The few things I've tried saved the Full timeline. I'm so new I'm not sure what I need is even possible.

Thank you for your time and help.

Comments

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    I'm just starting to learn to Animate and I'm starting with DS3A because I've had it longer and understand it better. This is what I wish to do but I can not figure out how to do it.

I've made a short Animation Using Lip Sync, I now want to save JUST the last FRAME as a scene so I can start a new Scene from that point. The few things I've tried saved the Full timeline. I'm so new I'm not sure what I need is even possible.

one way is to just keep going - just render from the last frame to your new ending
    you can use puppeteer - goto your last frame ( make a dot in puppeteer ) and save it - then load it in your new scene
    also you can start lip sync at what ever frame you want - if I remember right

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Ah... I see said the blind man. Thank you. I'll try both and see which I like the best. Great info.

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,133
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

as soon as i get my PC up and running I'll be hapy to help you
    I had a major system meltdown .. my graphic card and my primary SSD drive both went out the same time .. talk about a issue trying to trouble shoot that crash. Its always a pain when one thing goes down.. but to have 2 pieces of hardfware fail at once really sucks trying to figure out what happened..lol
    not to menetion it cost me over $800 for a 564 gb ssd and a nvida gtx 660-4 gig gpu card. though i did upgrade it from the 460 se i had. so there goes my 3d budget this month.

it properly will be about a week before i get the parts and get everything reinstalled.
    lucky my laptop is still working..." knock on wood." I am using it for school so i have no daz programs on it to help you with.
    I'll let you know when I get up and running and I'll give you some great tip
    typing onmy cruz tablet rght now rather slow..lol

edited December 1969

Thank you Ivy. That will be great. Sorry to hear about the PC..

edited December 1969

some cool scripts to help with animation and more - link
    https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts2/home

edited December 1969

Thanks for the Link Bigh. And I have been able to proceed with my project by following your tips.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Thanks for the Link Bigh. And I have been able to proceed with my project by following your tips.

thats great - be waiting :-)

edited December 1969

It's still a work in progress but I'm happy so far.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    It's still a work in progress but I'm happy so far.

did you get it figured out?
    let me know , if you need any more help. I'm about recovered from my system crash.

as bigh stated it truly is a l;ot of trial and error. until you find the technique works for you what want.

edited December 1969

Oh yeah, I'm coming right along now. I'm just very slow at it still. Five different scenes that have taken three or four days, and it's still just a 28 second flick so far.

edited November 2012

Jaderail said:
    Oh yeah, I'm coming right along now. I'm just very slow at it still. Five different scenes that have taken three or four days, and it's still just a 28 second flick so far.

lol patients grasshopper :)

I found the best way for me to make animations is to make and save all the scenes first in a story board that way you can just go from scene to scene and render them and tweak them as you go.., I save them in a separate project file include a render file for all your final render scene and then your sound file to keep all your sound tracks in. I kind of use the technique i use for Flash projects. Then once you have that done all you can do is wait for the rendering to finish..lol

Here's a good tip .. If your film is a action clip .. short cut scenes 2 or 3 seconds long pieced together make for better action animation films, it makes it look like your characters is doing more movement, builds suspense with the shorter scenes, and it less render time per scene allowing for faster film productions time.for you.
    Save the longer scenes for the " looks at me or what i have scene,s", short scenes also make for better film editing when it comes time to put it together, because you want to add a scene you can with out waiting 3 days for a 30 seconds scene to render.
    and you don't feel so bad about cutting a 2 or 3 seconds scene, if it tuned out it was not what you wanted to use after you render it.

can't wait to see what you come up with.

Post edited by Ivy on
    edited December 1969

I'm mostly following your do short clips suggestion. I have better control that way and it's not as big a hit on my PC. I really did not expect animation to be such fun, now that I've started I find myself in DS much more than in the past months.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    I'm mostly following your do short clips suggestion. I have better control that way and it's not as big a hit on my PC. I really did not expect animation to be such fun, now that I've started I find myself in DS much more than in the past months.

thats great
    just a friendly reminder from someone that it has happen to.
    long rendering times and complex HD rendering takes wear and tear on your system. make sure you keep your system as cool as you can during your rendering.
    I can't wait until i see what you have done. :)

edited December 1969

Ivy said:
    I know how ruff this can get on my hardware, that's one reason for going slow and easy. I did build the best 3D PC I could for my money but it still needs to be treated nice so I am.

Okay, I'm only about half done with my idea. Who needs patients now? I'm thinking in another week I might have a whole minute! :cheese:
    edited November 2012

Jaderail said:
    Ivy said:
    I know how ruff this can get on my hardware, that's one reason for going slow and easy. I did build the best 3D PC I could for my money but it still needs to be treated nice so I am.

Okay, I'm only about half done with my idea. Who needs patients now? I'm thinking in another week I might have a whole minute! :cheese:

lol ,
    I always though that having 2 PCs networked together would be awesome for rendering animation.
    because with 2 PC you can render on one and be getting the next scene ready to go, as while you are rendering on the other. PC,

that comes from the mind of some one that is very impatient...lol ME!

Post edited by Ivy on
  • edited December 1969

Ivy said:
    Jaderail said:
    Ivy said:

lol ,
    I always though that having 2 PCs networked together would be awesome for rendering animation.
    because with 2 PC you can render on one and be getting the next scene ready to go, as while you are rendering on the other. PC,

that comes from the mind of some one that is very impatient...lol ME!

That's a great idea in theory: but all that happens is you sit there watching your two computers render while you wonder what to put in your third, knowing that it's only going to get worse from there on. I have a two PC setup and it's both a great cure for impatience as well as the main cause!

edited December 1969

LOL! Great explanation of the truth. Still at work, still a very new Animator, but having lot's of fun.

edited December 1969
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

what did she go :roll: - good one