Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 7

Comments

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

And DG Iray Surface Builder-Cotton Denim Wool has dirt options which you can use on the materials, or on skin. You folks finding anything or know of products currently featured that you'd like to mention? What are you picking up?

edited October 2016

Watch out- the cart is jacking up the price during checkout. When I go to the page where you select credit card or paypal, it has already upped the price there. I'm double checking to see if anything has changed in what's discounted. EDIT- NO, prices are identical, only the TOTAL has increased. And all stores are STILL IN THE FEATURED, so that's not an issue.

Post edited by Novica on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

You don't want my entire list lol.  I did pick up the Tyrannosaurus which is absolutely amazing!  Its 3Delight but renders very well in Iray straight out of the box.  Planning on plyaing with him this weekend.   I would imagine with some minor tweeks he would be stunning in Iray.  Pretty sure I  now own all of the BRC products as well as most of the Old West exteriors. Picked up Grace for Eva 7, Classic Updo for Gen3F as well as Chase hair which is for both Gen2F and Gen3F and looks to have lots of options. Also picked up William for GenM3 although I can't remember if that was pc+ or the end of the PA sale.  Everything else was lots of the earlier stuff that I didn't pick up in the last pc+ sale.  I now also own most of the dinosaurs although Herschel Hoffmeyer  has a bunch more dinosaurs in the works.  You can see his work here https://www.shutterstock.com/g/Herschel+Hoffmeyer .  That's his previous stuff he is re working them all for Studio.

Sounds like you got great stuff!  If you like western items, wishlist Polish's western town. You'll love it!

BTW, the cart is REALLY screwy. All the prices went to the 40%, but kept the discounted price TOTAL. I checked out before that went whacky too. (That was just two minutes ago.)  Want to point out one that is discounted 65% before the discounts- would make a great kid because of course- I love the eyebrows. (With new/debut purchase) -Goes to around $3.65 or $3.88, I couldn't tell ya because as I said, the cart prices went wonky even though the total didn't change. 

I do like Emma & Jordi's stuff.  I hope they get everything fixed soon, I feel bad for both the staff and the PA's as well. I know I have no idea if I paid the right price on the last two purchases.  I think the day before last some of them were off by about .20 each but between the different stacking etc and the large amount of items in the cart, I had no idea how to figure it out. 

• Novica said:

Thanks for the heads-up Ice Dragon Art.  People who don't have it should really give it a look.

Novica said:

BTW, I was tired so stopped fiddling with it, but that jacuzzi in the Glamour Bedroom would never show the water right- it was a black void. I tried putting lighting right over it, then used a box light and shot it up from the water, I did a water shader over the one that came with it, you name it. I just have a black square where the water should be. I turned up the emission on the lights that were already in it, nada, no go. I'll get back to it sometime, not going to get sidetracked with a product I'm not using anytime soon- but if someone renders that sucker and gets a gorgeous jacuzzi, please let us know the lighting that got it to show up. 

I don't have the set, but in other ones I usually delete the water and use a cube primitive with MEC4D's volumetric water (add a normal map if desired).

edited October 2016

This is the new T Rex straight out of the box with the green skin 3Delight.  He is coming out of the cave from AM's Lost World (Huge huge set, not recommended for people who have issues with memory) the lighting is also Lost World.

T Rex.jpg
    1236 x 988 - 673K
    Post edited by IceDragonArt on

Ice Dragon Art- wow!!! I love that glow on his chest, you nailed the lighting on the face. Don't you love those teeny little arms?  That is a good model. I have most of (IIRC) Dino Raul's dinosaurs, I believe they've left DAZ (haven't noticed anything for a couple years so far as new releases, I may be wrong.)  They aren't Iray critters.

• That's nice, Sonja!  I wished that as soon as I saw him in the store.  Too many great things coming at all at once, but I love this time of year with all of the sales.  He looks massive, but I haven't see any pictures with him next G3M or G3F yet for a size comparison.  Any idea what the height difference is out of the box?

I will check for you.  The lost world is such a massive set I actually scaled him way up for that render.  He scales perfectly with no issues at all.  I have another render cooking right now not sure how long its going to be. Will line them up next to each other either tonight or tomorrow and check for you.  And yes far too many goodies coming down the pipeline recently!

Novica, that was a happy accident, I was turning the dome and it just happened to hit him just right.  I love love love dinosaurs.  I picked up most of the rest of what was in the 80% off sale that I had bookmarked as well.  And it looks like he will be making a lot more new models just for Studio so I am totally excited lol. 

• FrankTheTankFrankTheTank Posts: 1,131

Gift cards are 21.25% off right now!!!! Get em quick before they change things.

Funny how the sight just went down right after you posted that DvoraszeniaStudios.  Its not discounted now.  Literally within minutes of you posting that lol

edited October 2016

Gift cards are 21.25% off right now!!!! Get em quick before they change things.

But thanks anyway!  I am busy modeling in Zbrush (don't ask lol) and rendering some gals for you that I mentioned, so check back tomorrow (11:30ish here, pm) to see the EJ ladies. I'll post some tonight but I know you U.S. folks will be headed to bed. Still sad about all of you in the Carolinas, Georgia, even parts of Virginia- which is receiving hardly ANY mention. Our beautiful Florida East coast got slammed all along the beaches from Hurricane Matthew.

Post edited by Novica on
  • FrankTheTankFrankTheTank Posts: 1,131

Funny how the sight just went down right after you posted that DvoraszeniaStudios.  Its not discounted now.  Literally within minutes of you posting that lol

freaking big brother watching everything. there's going to be a special code word next time

edited October 2016

Here's the gals from EmmaAndJordi.   Adora    Agata    Eloise    To me, Eloise has the most natural smile of the three. I like all the eyebrows!  They're all wearing Geneva Hair so you can compare them more easily.  

Their teeth aren't yellow, obviously. It's the lighting.

AdoraAgataEloiseUltraLites.jpg
    800 x 436 - 269K
    Post edited by Novica on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049
    Novica said:

Here's the gals from EmmaAndJordi.   Adora    Agata    Eloise    To me, Eloise has the most natural smile of the three. I like all the eyebrows!  They're all wearing Geneva Hair so you can compare them more easily.  

Their teeth aren't yellow, obviously. It's the lighting.

Gosh, they could be triplets!

edited October 2016

Yes indeed!  I plan on using the materials on other characters, was going for the brows. My fav "as is" would be Eloise.

Eloise.jpg
    396 x 575 - 160K
    Eloise2.jpg
    396 x 575 - 167K
    Eloise3.jpg
    396 x 575 - 156K
    Post edited by Novica on
    edited October 2016

And this is Adora.

BTW, are you noticing the zippy speed that the images are uploading/showing up at the bottom when you first load? Rawb said it would be faster overall. I haven't been in Commons today so I'll go read the "not working" thread and see what the latest is. Just thought I'd mention these images are loading ultra fast.

Adora.jpg
    396 x 575 - 159K
    Adora2.jpg
    396 x 575 - 151K
    Adora3.jpg
    396 x 575 - 167K
    Post edited by Novica on
  • Hi Novica,

I hope you don't mind me butting in here and asking a question. I saw you mentioned some of Tesla's items the other day. Could you possibly tell me what the material zones are like, generally speaking? I'm so tired of buying sets with couches with cushions or pillows on them, only to find out the entire affair is one material zone. It makes me swear. A lot. I'm mostly interested in if all the pillows on any given couch can be made different materials with shaders.

Oh, hey, thanks for the shout out too.

cheers!

Hi Novica,

I hope you don't mind me butting in here and asking a question. I saw you mentioned some of Tesla's items the other day. Could you possibly tell me what the material zones are like, generally speaking? I'm so tired of buying sets with couches with cushions or pillows on them, only to find out the entire affair is one material zone. It makes me swear. A lot. I'm mostly interested in if all the pillows on any given couch can be made different materials with shaders.

Oh, hey, thanks for the shout out too.

cheers!

I'm very interested as well.  Drives me insane when its one giant zone.  I want to redecorate lol!

Sure, I'll be happy to check. Sorry about the delay, I was out refilling the hummingbird feeder (at midnight, because I hate taking it down when the little buzzers would be going to the feeder and not finding it)  Then I heard a squeaky weird noise from behind the neighbor's house (there's a greenbelt) and I've been outside for 30 minutes trying to see if there was a hurt animal. I'll go check the sets and be back in about fifteen minutes.

• DestinysGardenDestinysGarden Posts: 2,549
    edited October 2016

No worries, and thanks so much for checking. I was out raking leaves at 11pm myself. Bagged up 6 bags, heh.

Post edited by DestinysGarden on
    edited October 2016

Tesla Living Room 3     I'll check the Studio Apartment but which ones did you want to know about?

the lamp: lamp base, lamp, metal, sidel lamp LED, sofa mat but that's the table the lamp is on. Everything has nice material zones, every aspect of the lamp

the sofa:  Each pillow, the black legs, the white pillows and black pillows are separate from each other, and separate from the couch. One thing though- all the couches share one material zone, so you won't be able to have them different colors.  I can't find sofa material 2, I am using the surface tool so it should highlight when I click on the material listed in Surfaces, but nothing is highlighting in the scene. It isn't the couches. i just changed the color to hot fushia and nothing is changing, so I dunno on that material zone.

Removed the screenshot- this is the completed render, only 17 minutes. (Kind of a rush job, the lighting could be better. Was trying to do it before the store changed over, Tesla has been in the featured PA stores several days now.)  Note the one drawback I see is there are not separate walls, but the room is easy to use so far as camera angles. It's not a deal breaker for me but thought I'd mention it.

livingRoom3Tesla.jpg
    700 x 625 - 398K
    Post edited by Novica on
  • I was mostly looking at Living Room 3 and Living Room 2. Your info on Living Room 3 is very helpful. I don't so much mind the couches matching, but I really need any pillows or whatnot to not be on the same material zones. It helps me show off more textures in promos.

I really appreciate you taking the time. Thanks!

@DestinysGarden   Sure, no problem!  I am checking the Tesla Studio Apartment right now (in 4.8) while rendering the living room in 4.9.  I think you'll really like Living Room 3- I changed the overhead light from the yellowish/vintage type lighting to more blue. It's at 6% at 4 minutes, so renders fairly quickly, not ultra zippy but moves along nicely. I'll have it done in a few minutes. I'll post the Studio Apartment information here in a minute, we'll see if there's a good pattern. 

The Studio Apartment has one material for the couch, because it's just one thing, no pillows. The kitchen has each tiny thing as it's own zone- such as the knobs, the different surfaces, it's well done. Can easily customize. 

• DestinysGardenDestinysGarden Posts: 2,549
    edited October 2016

Awesome Novica. You win my "Hero of the Day" award. I bought the living room 3, and maybe DIM will let me download it sometime today, heh. I think I can shader the darn thing to within an inch of its life. I sometimes feel like I'm waging a one woman war to get material zones shown in promos, but I know it is not feasible/unlikely to get such promos for interiors or large environments. However, hope springs eternal.

Many, many regards.

Post edited by DestinysGarden on

Well, this is your fault DG- I just bought a couple more Tesla products lol. I wasn't sure if the store was going off of featured, and the sets are rendering nicely. So they owe you!

Just a thought too- when you mentioned the couch and pillows, the one that I've showcased which comes to mind as ultra nice was the Millionaire Private Office set. The pillows morph easy, are big, and the couch is roomy. Has chairs too, and LOTS of props to use in your promos. Anything Polish is awesome.

I agree, listing more information regarding material zones would really be awesome in promos. I did pick up your product that I mentioned and will be playing around with that shortly.  yes

I think the DIM speed has picked up, I hope things have been ironed out. This has been a miserable experience for the vendors and shoppers. Am posting the completed Living Room 3 back up in the post where I had the screenshot. It took 17 minutes to render.

One weird thing- when I used Tesla's cameras just now, my viewport was black, even when I did the CTRL+L. I  was using Default camera when I did my render, so didn't notice that. I can't get the cameras from Tesla to show anything other than black!  (on Living Room 3.) 

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

oooo Polish is in the featured PA's today :D He did that oriental breeze pool that you like so much, Novica, didn't he?

This discussion has been closed.