Serial numbers

TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991
edited December 1969 in Hexagon Discussion

I realize that there are more important problems at the moment, but there still appears to be a free download of Hexagon. The download works to deliver the program, but never delivers a serial code. Sorry to be stupid, but is going to be the free full version for a while longer, or has that ship already sailed?
Thanks

Comments

• RomancefantasyRomancefantasy Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Try looking in the Readme file. If not there it should be in your account under serials.

• RedSquareRedSquare Posts: 0
    edited May 2012

Hello, we're back in action at last. :coolsmile:

But please say that we haven't lost all the tutorial & video links from the old data base !!!! ?

Post edited by RedSquare on
  • edited December 1969

Hate to pester...

But is there a serial number for the free version of Hexagon?

Not just me, but quite a few people seem to be having this issue, where
    Hexagon downloads but delivers no serial number. It is not in the readme,
    and I don't see it in my serial number list in the account profile. Should this
    just be attributed to the general problems the DAZ site has been having
    lately?

• edited December 1969

...is there a serial number for the free version of Hexagon? It is not in the readme

??? How is it NOT in the readme?

A better question is: What IS in your readme?

My readme has the serial and nothing else.

• ba_aca2a9241dba_aca2a9241d Posts: 55
    edited December 1969

It seems like they've changed things again. Before there was a zip file in the download link. Now there is an exe file in the download. The zip file containted a readme with a serial number, the exe does not have that. Looks like we're back to account linking serials or they just added the wrong file to the download link. Check your account for a serial number and if it's not there contact support.

• edited May 2012

3D Toons said:
    It seems like they've changed things again. Before there was a zip file in the download link. Now there is an exe file in the download. The zip file containted a readme with a serial number, the exe does not have that. Looks like we're back to account linking serials or they just added the wrong file to the download link. Check your account for a serial number and if it's not there contact support.

And the plot sickens... :)

I just checked, and the link itself is explicitly for the zip file: http://freedownloads.daz3d.com/Hexagon_2.5.1.79_Win32.zip

But clicking that link just returns a 404.

The exe may have been erroneously placed during the revamp, and hopefully the zip file will be back soon.

ADD:

Just for kicks I tried 3D Toons suggestion to "Check your account for a serial number", and "bingo"!

I clicked on "My Account", then clicked "My Serial Numbers" on the left, and it shows the serial numbers for Bryce, Hexagon and DS4.

Post edited by emfederin_9bc0c524c8 on
  • nazmy2_a263cf7a4bnazmy2_a263cf7a4b Posts: 85
    edited May 2012

I have checked both my readme file as well as my account's serial numbers. I still can't find my serial number for Hexagon 2.5 free. Someone, PLEASE help me.

Post edited by nazmy2_a263cf7a4b on
  • edited May 2012

I have checked both my readme file as well as my account's serial numbers. I still can't find my serial number for Hexagon 2.5 free

Wait...this isn't making any sense to me.

*IF* you have a readme, and *IF* that readme is inside a "Hexagon_2.5.1.79_Win32.zip" file that you downloaded from DAZ, then it has the serial number in it.

Right at this moment, you can't download Hexagon_2.5.1.79_Win32.zip at all, so you would have had to have downloaded it before the website revamp which means the zip file readme has the serial number in it.

Where did you get your "Hexagon 2.5 free" from, and what exactly does the readme that you say you "checked" have in it?

Post edited by emfederin_9bc0c524c8 on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I have flagged this problem up. Of course it is still very early in Dazland, so don't expect any answers until they arrive at Daz_Towers, some 4 to 5 hours from now.

• eyelinereyeliner Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I find it odd that there's a readme file with a serial. Isn't the serial supposed to be located on your account page?

Just go to your account and then My Serial Numbers and there it is...

• edited December 1969

eyeliner said:
    I find it odd that there's a readme file with a serial. Isn't the serial supposed to be located on your account page? Just go to your account and then My Serial Numbers and there it is...

You're describing the system that was in place before DAZ made their software freely available.

Under that system, you had to register an account with DAZ and then order the software and pay for it. Then you were assigned a unique serial number which was sent separately to your account, along with a link to download the executable installer.

When the software first became free, that system was still in place except that there was no option to pay for it - but you still had to register, and you still received a unique serial number in your account.

After a short while, DAZ pulled out all the stops and just posted a link to a zip file which was accessible to anyone visiting the site without registering. Anyone could now download the file anonymously, and everyone got the same installer and the same serial number. This serial number is in the zip file's "readme".

edited December 1969

I just downloaded Hexagon today. It was a free version, but it wasn't a zip file. It was a setup program. The setup program installed everything okay, but when I ran it, it asked for a serial number. A readme file was included but all it had was a list of features for Hexagon. There was no serial number. As I said, I also checked My Account, looked under My Serial Numbers, and found nothing. Could you tell me were I can find the zip file you mentioned?

• eyelinereyeliner Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Oh, I wasn't aware of the change. Sorry.

edited May 2012

I repeat this post

chohole said:
    I have flagged this problem up. Of course it is still very early in Dazland, so don't expect any answers until they arrive at Daz_Towers, some 4 to 5 hours from now.

Daz3D is aware of the problem. THe Download should be a zip, but is currently downloading as the older .exe.

THere is a thread here http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/115/ Giving some contact email addresses, which can be used until such time as the support system is bak up and working properly. Be aware though that they are getting a wee bit inundated with email queries, so it may take time for them to work through to your query.

We will keeep you uupdated as to what is happening.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • musilligregorymusilligregory Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

It's possible to have the serial for hexagon Pleaseeeee

edited December 1969

Thanks to all of you who replied. I really appreciate your timely assistance.

• DrakpaDrakpa Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Same problem: I've downloaded a .exe for hexagon, it asks me a serial at launch but there is no serial in readme or in account so I can't use it.

• RoygeeRoygee Posts: 2,247
    edited December 1969

Hi musilligregory

When you write in these forums, you are read by other users, not by officials of Daz 3D - we can only point you in the right direction. Your best bet is to contact Support

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991
    edited December 1969

Great, then I'll just have to be patient then (I've had a lot of practice at that lately :) ). Thanks to all for responding. Now I don't feel so alone anymore...

• darknight666darknight666 Posts: 13
    edited December 1969

can i just ask, i understand the download error, so we dont get a serial key with the present exe., what will happen here, will the download be changed to the old zip containing the code or should we put a ticket in requesting one?

• WouldheWouldhe Posts: 33
    edited December 1969

I'd avoided the free studio 4 pro as I assumed that it would be a limited time evaluation but seems fully featured (not that I've really got around to using it properly). Just dowloaded and installed Hexagon (just in case) and this does seem to be for evaluation only as you can't save a model without a licence key. You can't really judge a model until you see it in a render so wondering if there is something I'm missing here?

• FeralFeyFeralFey Posts: 3,888
    edited December 1969

It should be the full version. The serial number should be in your account dashboard on the left hand side under "My Serial Numbers". You should see one listed for Hexagon. If not, contact sales.

• r_yanisr_yanis Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

Hi everyone. I'm new. Does anyone know how I get the Hexagon 2.5 serial code? I downloaded it free, but can't get in. Thanks.:cheese:

edited May 2012

This is a problem we are aware of, and it has been logged. You should have received a readme with the download, and the serial number should have been in the readme.

Was your download a zip file, or an exe ?

I have merged 2 threads on the same subject, so the convo is all in one place.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • FeralFeyFeralFey Posts: 3,888
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    I have merged 2 threads on the same subject, so the convo is all in one place.

Oh good. I'm glad you said something, because I thought I had gone mad when I saw all the posts. Lol.

• WouldheWouldhe Posts: 33
    edited December 1969

Ah OK - sorry for the wrong posting..

I'll keep an eye here and possibly get on to sales at some point. Really can't be looking gift horses in the mouth and unbelievable that these products are actually free :-D

• HaslorHaslor Posts: 402
    edited December 1969

r_yanis said:
    Hi everyone. I'm new. Does anyone know how I get the Hexagon 2.5 serial code? I downloaded it free, but can't get in. Thanks.:cheese:

Look under "My Account" "My Serial Numbers" you should find it there.

Haslor

edited December 1969

I am going to move this thread, and merge it with the ongoing conversation about this issue.

• DaremoK3DaremoK3 Posts: 798
    edited May 2012

For all those wanting to enable your copy of Hexagon now without waiting for DAZ to fix the download link back to the ZIP, or don't feel like re-downloading (maybe you don't have the allocated bandwidth?) the software again.

*HINT*

You can find the current *PUBLIC LICENSE* (same for everyone) in the old Hexagon Forums. It was posted shortly before the changeover.

To access the old/archived forums just add "archive" after "forum" in the address header (looks like this: http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/ )

Hope this helps.

Take care all...
    Ken

***EDIT: Appears the new forums auto-link URL's, so there you go, just click the link, and navigate to the Hex Forums. You can find it. I have faith in you...***

Post edited by DaremoK3 on
  • darknight666darknight666 Posts: 13
    edited May 2012

my download was an exe, so no readme, also you wont find in your serial numbers in your account as it was not an add to basket item,
    Also if im looking in the right thread in the above link thats a 025 code, we need a 026

Post edited by darknight666 on