Linwelly's Grove

Comments

• Oh, that's very nice, Linwelly!  I love the background, too.  I love the 'Fortune'.  :)  

Have you tried the beta GIMP 2.9 yet?  Partha has a build of it all set up with the free NIK filters.  They have some amazing filters available.  I've been playing with them a little be.  I still have GIMP 2.8 installed and use that as my default, but it has been nice playing with some of the new stuff that GIMP can do.  It's going to be great when it is finally released.

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,780

Thanks Knitting, I didn't even know they had come this far with the next version of Gimp. Usually I#m not a beta test type but I might give this a shot as those filters sure are a tease.

I will think about this, thanks for the heads up.

• Yeah, I don't usually do the betas either.  But, I really wanted to try out those NIK filters and they are so worth the download and trying out the GIMP 2.9 beta.  GIMP, also, can handle the .exr files that are generated by Iray canvases and I wanted to try that out, too, since I wanted to experiment with canvases.  I know you don't do Iray much, if at all, but, just for the NIK filters, it is worth taking a look at it.  And, it seems to be very stable.  I've only gotten popups with notes where something might not be ready, no crashes.

edited September 2016

This one was made once again for Lola Llanes render a month challenge,

Title Nosy dragon, or not so still life.

as ususal with 3delight and a tint of GIMP postwork ( not yet downloaded the new beta version). The render took foerever and a day as I set the radepth tracing to 8. I furst had tried with 12 but stopped that after my computer needed a night to work on one percent of finished render. Still needed 16 hours for this one.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/d1/0ed4490e34e0a65731df3ce8e9cad4.jpg

Nosy-dragon.jpg
    1800 x 1112 - 2M
    Post edited by Linwelly on
  • Very nice!

• That's very cute!  :)  Love the little dragon getting into trouble.

• Love that one Linwelly super cure and very well put together

Thanks a lot everyone! It started out as I wanted to test the wonderous wares glass things http://www.daz3d.com/wonderous-wares. Then one thing added to another and suddenly the dragon was sitting there making a mess

• Linwelly said:

Thanks a lot everyone! It started out as I wanted to test the wonderous wares glass things http://www.daz3d.com/wonderous-wares. Then one thing added to another and suddenly the dragon was sitting there making a mess

Yeah, it's amazing how those dragons just show up in a render like that!  ;)

edited September 2016

They do that yes, but I managed to keep it out of this render.

One out of my RPG Archetypes series, this time the Mage, and she seems to be a sneaky mage. Those effecst from Mirhelles Isabis came in handy. The character is an alteres Eva with the Jazmine skin. The glowing magic symbol was my own design placed on a geometryshell. Little twist was to give  the facial geometry shell the same Group ID as the face skin, so it would glow a bit into the skin surface.

Any suggestions and critiques are welcome

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/ea/5f10c285eb66f99091c4aa19578a4d.jpg

RPG-Archetypes-Mage.jpg
    1391 x 1800 - 2M
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    Linwelly said:

Any suggestions and critiques are welcome

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/ea/5f10c285eb66f99091c4aa19578a4d.jpg

I really like the glow on the chest, it draws the character into the glowing magic. The rail depth of field is a nice touch  yes  For my preferences, I'd like to see the side of the face illuminated a tad bit more. The chest is drawing all my attention (and I'm not even a male, lol) 

• See, to me, the ruins on her face really caught my eye. Even though the magic is brighter.

• I like the image a lot.  I do wish I could see her face better as the glow from the magic does sort of draw attention to her chest.  However, I considering the pose and what seems to be going on in the scene, I can see why you did it that way.  I love the scroll work on her face.  Is there any way to bring her hands up so there is more glow on her face without disrupting what you have or maybe increasing the amount of glow so it encompasses her face, too?  I almost hate suggesting anything as I really do like it as it is and it might lose something making changes.

Novica, You have pinned a difficulty I was wondering about. On the one had I wanted the magic effect to catch the eay but the face is always something I want people to look at. I was a bit worried that the magic rune in the face will be overpowered when I put too much light on the face. Probably the intensity of the magic light could be reduced a bit and then including Knittings idea to get the hands with the magic a bit more up might help. Its something I will play around with,

No worries Knitting, I will set up a new situation for further experiments to get the swing of the character better.

Thanks everyone for the feedback!

Use an emissive sphere by her face, almost touching it. (A point light)  Then you can turn down the lumens (or whatever you're using) and there will be a slight glow on the cheek / side of the face, and you can fine tune it so it's not overwhelming.  wink

Novica said:

Use an emissive sphere by her face, almost touching it. (A point light)  Then you can turn down the lumens (or whatever you're using) and there will be a slight glow on the cheek / side of the face, and you can fine tune it so it's not overwhelming.  wink

That sounds like a solution (and I will try to remember things like this, once I go into Iray, good thing they are saved in this thread)

edited September 2016

This was a doodle I started with some of the PC freebies that lately gathered in my runtime and waited for some use. Instigated by @Knittingmommy 's experiments with filters and postwork effects I started to play around a little. So there is the original and the altered version of "Ray in the pool"

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/e7/cbf253ae6bba1856ab820a6d34683d.jpg

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/b8/72c96ac26271a20f77be605461e28f.jpg

Ray-in-the pool.jpg
    1800 x 1440 - 4M
    Ray-in-the pool_orig.jpg
    1800 x 1440 - 3M
  • That turned out very nice!  I love instigating experiments!  :)  You did good!  I don't know that I want to go to any of your pool parties, though, if they have those stingrays in the pool! ;)

edited September 2016

Thanks Knitting, well luckily I don't own a pool, so no worries there, you could come visit me if you don't mind the T.Rex in my yardlaugh

Now this is the next iteration of my take at the RPG barbarian. I got some garment in the PA sales that seemed rather fitting, hat to cut the loincloth open because of stretchmarks, but well the sight is pretty... I pumped him up a bit more that in the first version and even if I was hesitant about that, I like the result. So I'm rather happy with the way he looks and the get up. Now I will have to mainly get him a bit worked up (posewise) and probably a different environment with a more dramatic light setting. Only thing I lack is body hair, I really would lilke some body hair on the guy but I havn't found something you can just put on g3males.

I should probably add that I'm still married to 3delight, no postwork

Still want to hear what you think, please.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/ae/20970b3dceb758e0f6599a823d7980.jpg

Barbar.jpg
    1273 x 1800 - 3M
  • Man oh man can you find out how to contact him for me Linwelly plzzzzzzz????!!!!!! He looks like he would be an amazing date for me lmbo!!!

• Looks much more barbarian like beefed up a bit. 

Man oh man can you find out how to contact him for me Linwelly plzzzzzzz????!!!!!! He looks like he would be an amazing date for me lmbo!!!

Hehe, thanks! I could try but it might proove difficult. Though there is a guy working on a builing near my worklpace with rather similar features ( I designed this one before I saw him there) just the beefed up part is a bit lower placed...

Looks much more barbarian like beefed up a bit. 

Thanks a lot! It happened bacause I got your peoples help. I noticed that maybe I should allow him the breathe again...

One suggestion would be to move the tree branch a tad, it was distracting- looks like a spear getting ready to go through his head. Didn't really look like a branch, it does indeed look like a silver spear.  Otherwise, nice pose and your lighting shows him well. I really like the shadowing on his legs, shows the muscularity well. Nice job!

• Hey, Linwelly, he looks good as far as lighting and stuff.  Posewise, I would love to see him in a more active pose.  If you decide to keep that current set, you might want to consider putting those boulders a little further behind him so they aren't quite so close.  Have you tried Real Hairy? I think that is the one, the one for G2M.  It actually works really well for chest hair.  I'm not sure how well it works for the arm and leg hair as I can't remember if I tried those on G3M yet.  Another option is to give LAMH a try if you have the full version.  If you do, use the painted method as that will give you more control of where the hairs are.  You'll have an easier time of it since you are using 3Delight as your render engine.

Novica said:

One suggestion would be to move the tree branch a tad, it was distracting- looks like a spear getting ready to go through his head. Didn't really look like a branch, it does indeed look like a silver spear.  Otherwise, nice pose and your lighting shows him well. I really like the shadowing on his legs, shows the muscularity well. Nice job!

Yes; that branch was bothering me as well, that is why I though about a change of envirenment. I guess I actually need to make two renders for the man, one in full action blowing enemies to peaces  as Knitting suggested and one in repose, because he deserves it. Probably keep the light settings for the second one.

Hey, Linwelly, he looks good as far as lighting and stuff.  Posewise, I would love to see him in a more active pose.  If you decide to keep that current set, you might want to consider putting those boulders a little further behind him so they aren't quite so close.  Have you tried Real Hairy? I think that is the one, the one for G2M.  It actually works really well for chest hair.  I'm not sure how well it works for the arm and leg hair as I can't remember if I tried those on G3M yet.  Another option is to give LAMH a try if you have the full version.  If you do, use the painted method as that will give you more control of where the hairs are.  You'll have an easier time of it since you are using 3Delight as your render engine.

Real Hairy is something I was thinking about for far too long now, ist still sitting in my wishlist. Do you have it and know how it works? If its like clothing items it could work on g3m, for a LIE map susally doesn't work out. I never tried the LAMH and up to now it was too much money to get into it. And seeing your experiments (the result is awesome but the amount of time you put into that, chappeau!) I rather refrain from that for another while. Maybe I should maky my own LIE maps for body hair, its a ton of work but I did it before for beard and eyebrows.

edited September 2016

ok, Guys I'm not finished with Postapocalyptic yet, and especially not with the pill bug by antfarm, and the "After the war" set by stonemason.

Well this began with the radioactive set and a free Teen Josie 6... it was pracitcally calling for the pill bug and the destroyed city. I reached a new level of postwork with this one as well

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/cc/40be67381a657878275f7cc68d5f4e.jpg

Outsider.jpg
    1800 x 1013 - 2M
  • Linwelly said:
    Novica said:
    Real Hairy is something I was thinking about for far too long now, ist still sitting in my wishlist. Do you have it and know how it works? If its like clothing items it could work on g3m, for a LIE map susally doesn't work out. I never tried the LAMH and up to now it was too much money to get into it. And seeing your experiments (the result is awesome but the amount of time you put into that, chappeau!) I rather refrain from that for another while. Maybe I should maky my own LIE maps for body hair, its a ton of work but I did it before for beard and eyebrows.

Yeah, I have it.  Give me a bit and I can do a render showing it on G3M so you can see what it looks like.  I'll do both the chest and the arms.

• Linwelly said:

Yes; that branch was bothering me as well, that is why I though about a change of envirenment. I guess I actually need to make two renders for the man, one in full action blowing enemies to peaces  as Knitting suggested and one in repose, because he deserves it. Probably keep the light settings for the second one.

Hey, Linwelly, he looks good as far as lighting and stuff.  Posewise, I would love to see him in a more active pose.  If you decide to keep that current set, you might want to consider putting those boulders a little further behind him so they aren't quite so close.  Have you tried Real Hairy? I think that is the one, the one for G2M.  It actually works really well for chest hair.  I'm not sure how well it works for the arm and leg hair as I can't remember if I tried those on G3M yet.  Another option is to give LAMH a try if you have the full version.  If you do, use the painted method as that will give you more control of where the hairs are.  You'll have an easier time of it since you are using 3Delight as your render engine.

Yeah, I have it.  Give me a bit and I can do a render showing it on G3M so you can see what it looks like.  I'll do both the chest and the arms.

edit: fixed the quote that messed up.

• Linwelly said:

ok, Guys I'm not finished with Postapocalyptic yet, and especially not with the pill bug by antfarm, and the "After the war" set by stonemason.

Well this began with the radioactive set and a free Teen Josie 6... it was pracitcally calling for the pill bug and the destroyed city. I reached a new level of postwork with this one as well

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/cc/40be67381a657878275f7cc68d5f4e.jpg

That came out really well!  

Nice job on the postwork - the background with the sun and the planet, the ships.  All came together.  Looks like a bit of Ron's Flames in the trash can as well. 

The posing, with the lance and her pointing at him with her other hand - she's definitely telling him something!

Great render.