Star Trek Builders Unite 2 "Renderings on the Edge of Forever"

Comments

• PtropePtrope Posts: 679
    edited December 1969

It should import directly at the right size; I try to make all my props 1:1 for Poser. You can try this little trick, though, if you feel crafty: unzip the package and put the OBJ and MTL files in the same folder as the original OBJ (most likely, that's Runtime\Geometries\Star_Trek\Conversion\ ). Then go to the folder containing the original TOS Bridge set pieces in your Props folder, and copy the base.PP2 file and rename it "Cage Base.PP2." Open it with Notepad, and near the top, where it says

:Runtime:Geometries:Star_Trek:Conversion:Base.obj

... change it to ...

:Runtime:Geometries:Star_Trek:Conversion:Cage_Base_WIP.obj

Save it, and refresh your Poser library; you'll have an icon-less (Shrugging Guy :-) ) item for "Cage Base" - load it as normal. This way, a lot of the materials should also load and you won't need to go in and set them all up. There are probably some new ones around the screen, but most of it should be in place. And the other bridge pieces should also load after it, smart-propped into their proper places.

• MotoTsumeMotoTsume Posts: 520
    edited December 1969

Question: is there a Klingon Raptor-Class model (poser/studio or obj) anywhere?

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited December 1969

MotoTsume said:

None that I could find just now. However, in my searching, I found more federation vessels that I can convert (as long as the models co-operate)

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,245
    edited December 1969

I could have sworn I had an Enterprise style Andorian antenna set, but I can't find it anywhere. Anyone remember seeing one?

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited December 1969

TimG said:
    I could have sworn I had an Enterprise style Andorian antenna set, but I can't find it anywhere. Anyone remember seeing one?

Go to ShareCG and search for "Andorian"

edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:
    TimG said:

Go to ShareCG and search for "Andorian"

tried, only seeing the TOS style.

I generally don't bother asking you guys unless I've exhausted the usuals - sharecg, renderosity

• jerriecanjerriecan Posts: 470
    edited December 1969

Just a few new renders... :)

b1a1av_copy.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 528K
    vv.jpg
    523 x 800 - 290K
    bbb.jpg
    523 x 800 - 304K
    vvvv.jpg
    523 x 800 - 240K
  • PDSmithPDSmith Posts: 712
    edited November 2012

TimG said:

I remapped it and squeezed the tip..that's the best I can suggest. I know the ones you mean, but haven't a clue where to find or who as them.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/35013/Poser/Andorian-Antennae?division_id=11

-Paul

Post edited by PDSmith on
  • jaguarry3jaguarry3 Posts: 230
    edited December 1969

TimG said:

I wasn't able to find any either so I made my own set . The texturing is done using bump maps . They are saved as characters and have bones so they can be twisted and positioned . I have 2 textures in the set Andorian and Aenar. I set them up in Poser and have not tried them in daz as I don't use it but if you have no luck anywhere else pm me and I'll send you a copy to try

anadorian_cath.jpg
    600 x 703 - 52K
    Andorian_Female_3.jpg
    600 x 682 - 125K
    From_Andoria.jpg
    600 x 719 - 120K
    edited December 1969

I have jaguarry3's set and they work great in daz studio :)

edited December 1969

I believe those slim antennae are Draconian's set; I have them zipped up on my site here: http://www.ptrope.com/downloads/Andor-Antanae.zip (this is the original package, incl. the original ReadMe)

In the meantime, I was playing a little last night :D:

Spocks_Brain_001.jpg
    940 x 800 - 66K
  • crownlioncrownlion Posts: 117
    edited December 1969

like the reders jerriecan

edited December 1969

Ptrope said:
    I believe those slim antennae are Draconian's set; I have them zipped up on my site here: http://www.ptrope.com/downloads/Andor-Antanae.zip (this is the original package, incl. the original ReadMe)

thanks!

nice Spock's Brain computer

• GRFK DSGN UnlimitedGRFK DSGN Unlimited Posts: 1,040
    edited December 1969

Ptrope said:

I think it's pretty cool too. I can see it having other uses than just the "spock's brain computer". Would be cool to add a 3d brain to make it complete.

David

edited November 2012

Yeah, I was thinking about that, too - would give it kind of a "Gamester's Brain" look ;)

Post edited by Ptrope on
  • GRFK DSGN UnlimitedGRFK DSGN Unlimited Posts: 1,040
    edited December 1969

Here's one that you could use...

http://www.sharecg.com/v/32605/View/11/Poser/Human-Brain

David

• blutobluto Posts: 827
    edited December 1969

MotoTsume said:

i know this prolly isnt what you are looking for but do you think it would work for you ?

RAPTOR2.jpg
    750 x 537 - 30K
  • blutobluto Posts: 827
    edited December 1969

or maybe this version

Render_4_(5).jpg
    754 x 495 - 23K
  • shadowhawk1shadowhawk1 Posts: 2,186
    edited December 1969

Here is something that I am working on for Paul and his latest comic, I am calling it the MU-jumpsuit and is a texture set for the V4 bodysuit. It will have 20 total textures, 10 colors and then broken up into o10 hex bump mapped and 10 carbon fiber bump mapped textures. There will be 2 separate StarFleet Corrections textures for your really bad girls.

Trouble_comes_in_twos_copy.jpg
    1000 x 1056 - 189K
    MU-Jumpsuits_green_and_blue_(Large).jpg
    1024 x 865 - 108K
    edited December 1969

For some reason I can't post more than 2 images without it kicking me out so here is the second part and the last image will follow these.

MU-Jumpsuits_hunter_green_and_yellow_(Large).jpg
    1024 x 865 - 109K
    MU-Jumpsuits_grey_and_purple_(Large).jpg
    1024 x 865 - 110K
    edited December 1969

And here is the last one. Please let me know what you think.

MU-Jumpsuits_red_and_white_(Large).jpg
    1024 x 865 - 109K
  • mdbruffymdbruffy Posts: 2,345
    edited December 1969

bluto said:
    or maybe this version

This looks great,Bluto. Do you have this posted somewhere?

• ThalekThalek Posts: 318
    edited December 1969

Nice paint jobs, Shadowhawk! I'd like to be the makeup artist that gets to pain them on . . . [grin]

edited November 2012

Oh yeah those would do for me cool :) - the ships :P

Post edited by MotoTsume on
    edited December 1969

Thalek said:
    Nice paint jobs, Shadowhawk! I'd like to be the makeup artist that gets to pain them on . . . [grin]

:lol: Yeah the suits are pretty tight, but with the bodysuit it has the morph to make it a less skintight jumpsuit like I am using here. I would offer you the job but that position has been filled by myself. It is a tough job but I really love my job!

• mdbruffymdbruffy Posts: 2,345
    edited December 1969

Thalek said:

:lol: Yeah the suits are pretty tight, but with the bodysuit it has the morph to make it a less skintight jumpsuit like I am using here. I would offer you the job but that position has been filled by myself. It is a tough job but I really love my job!

A small question: If that blue-skinned girl's an Andorian, where's her antenas?

edited December 1969

Would you believe me if I said she forgot them in the wash? Until PTROPE posted his antenna here yesterday (my time anyway) all I had were those really large ones from Share CG when I do the promo's she will be in proper uniform. The girl's skin is actually the Nyxia set from Silver over at Rendo.

• ThalekThalek Posts: 318
    edited December 1969

Thalek said:

Yeah, being a makeup artist does have its nice aspects.

• crownlioncrownlion Posts: 117
    edited December 1969

ok there is a website that has a ground vehicle that looks and could be used for star trek. i belive it is lwo format. i can not find the website but i have seen it before on the forum i do not know how far back. does anyone know of a website it has a few on it that could be used

This discussion has been closed.