Can't find !Iray Uber Base

I'm using Daz Studio 4.9 Pro and I've been trying to learn about shaders but I keep running into the problem that the files people refer to don't seem to be anywhere in my content folder. I've seen instructions to go into "Content Library > Shader Presets > DAZ Uber" but within the "Shader Presets" folder I don't have a folder called "Daz Uber". I have one called "Uber" but it doesn't have the same content that I seem to need. In particular the file "!Iray Uber Base" seems important, but I can't find it anywhere (including with search functions). Am I just being thick? Could it be somewhere else, or not installed at all? Is there a place I can download the Uber shaders or something? Thanks very much.

Comments

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917

Mine is in Shader Presets/Iray/Daz Uber.

• edited September 2016
    Wilmap said:

Mine is in Shader Presets/Iray/Daz Uber.

I don't have an Iray folder in Shader Presets. A search in file explorer didn't turn up a folder that looks right either. Thanks for the response, though.

Post edited by jazzcmshine_1869cb6e81 on
  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634

Did you install the Default Resources for DAZ Studio whuch is a separate file

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,043

Are you using the 32 bit DAZ Studio or the 64 Bit. Iray is only available in the 64 Bit version.

surely that is just the render engine, the shaders should still show up if installed.

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,043
    Szark said:

surely that is just the render engine, the shaders should still show up if installed.

That's true, wasn't thinking :)

I am having one of those days too, must be the weather. :)

• Ah, okay, it looks like it was the default resources download, thanks.

sweet

• Did you ever resolve this? I'm having the same problem.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,119

Looks like downloading the Default Resources solved it for the OP. Have you done that?

• Gordig said:

Looks like downloading the Default Resources solved it for the OP. Have you done that?

That's what I'm trying right now. I'm also downloading the latest version as I had version 4.9 installed.

• Yay! It looks like those shaders are in my directory. That's fantastic!