Platinum Club 10th Anniversary Sale Discussion

1222324252628»

Comments

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited October 2012

Judging from the member list, the PC has actually been growing. http://www.daz3d.com/forums/member/memberlist
    166 pages (50 members per page) sometime in June or July...not sure when exactly it was that I saw this...
    179 pages at start of the PC sale
    180 pages at the moment...so roughly 9,000 PC members. And that doesn't include those who might be PC members but are labeled otherwise by the forum (PAs, Community Volunteers, etc.) Puts things into perspective, given how few of us are active on the forum (only 56 PC members have 250 or more posts).

Wish I knew how many there were at the time of the site changeover, but it seems like the club is doing fine as far as numbers are concerned.

An update...(my original post was made in the Members Only forum, but I thought it would be appropriate to move it to this thread)

The forum list now reports 244 pages of Platinum Club members (roughly 12,200 members in total). Looks like membership expanded significantly during the sale (assuming the Member List is accurate).

I'm reluctant to credit that assumption -- I just followed the link and took a screenshot (those zeros are postcounts):
    You have to filter for PC members (towards the bottom). Otherwise it shows everyone with an account here (and sorts by most recent join date, by default). Still some duplicates in the PC member list, but no phils from what I can see.
    Post edited by Scott Livingston on
  • KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 1969

Judging from the member list, the PC has actually been growing. http://www.daz3d.com/forums/member/memberlist
    166 pages (50 members per page) sometime in June or July...not sure when exactly it was that I saw this...
    179 pages at start of the PC sale
    180 pages at the moment...so roughly 9,000 PC members. And that doesn't include those who might be PC members but are labeled otherwise by the forum (PAs, Community Volunteers, etc.) Puts things into perspective, given how few of us are active on the forum (only 56 PC members have 250 or more posts).

Wish I knew how many there were at the time of the site changeover, but it seems like the club is doing fine as far as numbers are concerned.

An update...(my original post was made in the Members Only forum, but I thought it would be appropriate to move it to this thread)

The forum list now reports 244 pages of Platinum Club members (roughly 12,200 members in total). Looks like membership expanded significantly during the sale (assuming the Member List is accurate).

I'm reluctant to credit that assumption -- I just followed the link and took a screenshot (those zeros are postcounts):
    You have to filter for PC members (towards the bottom). Otherwise it shows everyone with an account here (and sorts by most recent join date, by default). Still some duplicates in the PC member list, but no phils from what I can see.
    Oooooooooooooooh! :red:
  • DAZ_Bcreek1DAZ_Bcreek1 Posts: 39
    edited December 1969

Hi All,

If you are a current PC Member, you should be charged the Renewal Fee of $69.95 for the Annual Renewal. If you are being charged full price. Please purchase a Gift Card for $69.95, send sales a ticket with the order number, we will then apply the Gift Card to your Annual Renewal for you. If you happen to purchase the Renewal at full price, send us the order number and we can refund you the difference. Please be sure to include if you prefer a refund to your payment method or a store credit.

Thanks everyone.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,513
    edited October 2012

...well DL'ing the last of my purchases. Picked up the Timeless Bundle as it had a lot of stuff that has been on my wishlist which will work well for scenes from Leela's story. Also broke down & got Steph5 in hopes that a Genesis version of the NPMs gets released. Actually managed to use all my coupons for the month save for the one that needed a 100$ total purchase.

Still made out pretty much like a bandit this year.

Hiro5 is tempting, but saving what money I have left for the "hopeful" release of Thorne's teens.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • tiggerspringstiggersprings Posts: 304
    edited December 1969

So all the 99 cent items in the categories list on the "promotion" page are 99 cents until the 6th?

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/sales-promotions

• deathwispdeathwisp Posts: 48
    edited December 1969

Sure looks like it!

• Alethas FantasyAlethas Fantasy Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

It's been a week & they still haven't fixed the membership price then it goes into the cart it show not on sell.

I turned it a ticket they say buy then contact them for a refund of the over amount, I had to do that with a Item it took me a month to get my money back & can't afford to pay over 100.00 with tax & wait on a refund & can't afford to renew at reg. price.

All other sell work in the cart so it seems they could fix the membership one. :(

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,513
    edited December 1969

...going on six months now and issues like this still occur. This site "upgrade" has been one big bust since day one.

In auto dealership terms, Magento is a lemon.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,745
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...going on six months now and issues like this still occur. This site "upgrade" has been one big bust since day one.

In auto dealership terms, Magento is a lemon.

To be fair, Magento by itself is fine... there are thousands of stores out there running it, after all. To continue the auto analogy, the problem here is what happens when you buy a VW Golf and attempt to add a supercharger, spoiler, nitro injection, hydrofoils, laser cannon, wings and transforming robot mode. Not only are you going to really screw with your fuel economy, but you're going to have a few crashes when the system mods turn out to be more than the structural stability of the base auto frame can handle.

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

So what are you saying?

If I put a cone at one end of an empty paper towel roll and fill it full of gunpowder, then light the fuse, it may not make it to the moon?

That's just disheartening. I sure had my hopes up and now you have shot them all to hell and back.

You think maybe if I put a little rocket engine in it, it may have a chance?

Anyone know where I can get a miniature rocket engine with some fuel?

edited November 2012

Ledhead said:

http://www.estesrockets.com/

However - (cribbing from answerbag):
    If you were to use Estes D12-0T engines, and the Earth had no atmosphere, and every engine fired and produced specified thrust, it may take 536,870,911 engines arranged in 29 stages, with a first stage diameter of 1290 ft, and for a total retail cost of $3,129,957,411.13.

So... it would have to be a VERY big cardboard tube. :) (Oh, and that answer assumed that Earth has no atmosphere, so it's way underpowered for reality.)

Read more: It is possible to build a model rocket that can reach orbit? | Answerbag http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/7972#ixzz2BN8qErdQ

Post edited by Cybersox on
  • ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

Ledhead said:

If you were to use Estes D12-0T engines, and the Earth had no atmosphere, and every engine fired and produced specified thrust, it may take 536,870,911 engines arranged in 29 stages, with a first stage diameter of 1290 ft, and for a total retail cost of $3,129,957,411.13.

So... it would have to be a VERY big cardboard tube. :) (Oh, and that answer assumed that Earth has no atmosphere, so it's way underpowered for reality.)

Read more: It is possible to build a model rocket that can reach orbit? | Answerbag http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/7972#ixzz2BN8qErdQ

Okay, so if I can figure out a way to destroy our atmosphere, it may work.

Anyone have an idea on how to destroy an atmosphere?

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991
    edited December 1969

Ledhead said:
    Ledhead said:

I think there are still a few industrialized nations working on it. :-)

• SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,681
    edited November 2012

Kyoto Kid said:

Hiro5 is tempting, but saving what money I have left for the "hopeful" release of Thorne's teens.

Ah, I have also been watching that.
    Thought I had missed the release but now I know it's not my search handicap!

EDIT
    I just downloaded the test versions!

Post edited by Sylvan on
    edited December 1969

Estroyer said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

Ah, I have also been watching that.
    Thought I had missed the release but now I know it's not my search handicap!

EDIT
    I just downloaded the test versions!
    Are you talking about Murgatroyd's teens on ShareCg? Thorne's have been MIA for several months now.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Ledhead said:

Put up some funky 80s psychodelic glow-in-the-dark wallpaper, that should do the trick.
    edited December 1969

Ledhead said:

There's probably an ap for that... but my recommendation would be mandatory sides of beans and sauerkraut, followed by square dancing to the Wiggles.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

Ledhead said:

I know! Use an array of re-rigged confinement beams (with unlimited energy) from the National Ignition Facility and aim it at the Moon.

• HALO creativeHALO creative Posts: 96
    edited December 1969

Just wondering... who were the "Lucky Ducks" and "10 Free Months" winners for week 5 (final week) of the PC Anniversary Sale?