Platinum Club 10th Anniversary Sale Discussion

Comments

• atryeuatryeu Posts: 612
    edited December 1969

I hope for the sale finale they will put ALL the PC items on sale for 99c.... That at least would be something for their 10th anniversary sale. The rest really can't even begin to compare to previous years :( If I had known we would have such a very limited choice with the category sales this year I would have bought more in the 1st week. I have no use for vehicles and while the Parkside series is nice I don't have any use for it either :(

At the very least, with a catchup I hope the first category will go on sale again and I can go back and grab the other items I held off on because I thought I would have something better to spend my money on -_-

• edited December 1969

I did not see the comments until after I posted.
    Thanks.

• FasigwritesFasigwrites Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I agree with you on the vehicles and Parkside series, they may be nice but not useful to me either. My books are set in a premedieval world thus so are the images. I take what I can use and go with it till they put up something else. Maybe if I write the cryptozoology book some of this will work but until then I just say," oops, maybe next week."

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,501
    edited December 1969

...as I tend to work in contemporary to near future settings, Jack's offerings are perfect.

For my purposes, too many past sales seemed to focus on medieval and ancient fantasy themes which are not my strong areas (save for fey, but they are pretty universal and can show up in any time frame).

• griffon_e3f1dc9370griffon_e3f1dc9370 Posts: 224
    edited December 1969

I wouldn't mind getting one or two more of the parkside or west park items... but not at the current price.

• LocusSolusLocusSolus Posts: 59
    edited December 1969

Does it mean we have to buy Jade hair AND Jade Hair for Genesis?

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

Buy the bundles -- they count for buy-it-all. Then it really doesn't matter, 'cuz you will get two for price of one normal 1.99 product.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991
    edited December 1969

Sunfire said:
    I wouldn't mind getting one or two more of the parkside or west park items... but not at the current price.

Back to .99.
  • Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    Sunfire said:

Back to .99.
    Yes, just grabbed the 3 I had in my wishlist. ;-)
    edited December 1969

Well there's one thing I have to say about this sale...

My credit card sure has been squeeing. o_O

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited October 2012

I've had all of my CC's confiscated because of overuse. They said I could have them back when I learn how to use them in a proper way.

Post edited by ledhead on
    edited December 1969

I just know that I will get a tax refund this year, in early December, soooo... uhhh... I'm not feeling that bad about, um, spending.

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Buy the bundles -- they count for buy-it-all. Then it really doesn't matter, 'cuz you will get two for price of one normal 1.99 product.

Done. Thanks a lot, Skiriki.

• GhostpantherGhostpanther Posts: 139
    edited December 1969

Ledhead said:
    I've had all of my CC's confiscated because of overuse. They said I could have them back when I learn how to use them in a proper way.

That's the reason, why I never want to have a credit card :lol: - I don't want to come into danger to spend more money than I have :coolsmile:

• atryeuatryeu Posts: 612
    edited December 1969

Same for me with a credit card. If I want/need to use one, I can just get one of the prepaid ones where I won't go over an limits and go into debt :D

edited December 1969

Welp, mine has a low, low limit, so...

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

Ledhead said:

That's the reason, why I never want to have a credit card :lol: - I don't want to come into danger to spend more money than I have :coolsmile:

That was actually a joke. I only have one CC that I can use on this site. Although before the economic crisis we are now in, I had around 10 CC's, but they are all thankfully paid off now. The only other one I have is a Nebraska Furniture Mart card only because I sometimes just don't have enough money, but I always pay it off as quickly as I can.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Ledhead said:
    Ledhead said:

That was actually a joke. I only have one CC that I can use on this site. Although before the economic crisis we are now in, I had around 10 CC's, but they are all thankfully paid off now. The only other one I have is a Nebraska Furniture Mart card only because I sometimes just don't have enough money, but I always pay it off as quickly as I can.

I wondered about that?
    My bank usually just cut mine in half with a pair of scissors right before my eyes :)

• StorypilotStorypilot Posts: 1,659
    edited December 1969

Ah, so I was waiting for this sale to get more complicated for people considering the buy it all contingency. Now with the Diner sets, we have the not-$1.99 "crossover" items at last. Still, the deal saying that buying both Extravaganza bundles will give a discount on the Diner bundle is just sweet enough that I will be tempted to go for it.

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Welp, mine has a low, low limit, so...

I suppose "Multipay" is a try out of a future DAZ CC.
    But, though I admit that means we all have to make painfull choices among our limitless phantasms of buying models, the moment I click on the "Proceed" button is always a mix of pain-pleasure, which returns the message that I'm an adult, id est trained to frustration.
    And that is of a much more higher price than every Daz product.

However, I continue to hope a costless M5 "full specs" promo.

Awsome thread, I've read it in its whole with mega profit.

edited December 1969

Me gran used to teach me to keep an eye on sales. That sometimes, something will appear on sale, and even if you're not needing it RIGHT NOW, there's a good chance that in future you might.

Now, granted, she was talking about things like butter, flour, dish and laundry detergents...

...but the way I've found to include my impulse purchases to paid renders has been creative. :)

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,031
    edited December 1969

If they get around to putting up the page for the "bobby soxer" texture set I can skip the extravaganzas and still end up at the same price - I have all the older PC content and just need the 4 new items.

Problem is that the link currently gives a 404 not found.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

I see the Bobby Soxer set up now on New Releases.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,060
    edited December 1969

Carefully researched? Maybe kids today do that with their shoelaces, but I'm pretty sure that in the 50's they actually tied their shoes! After all, I was a kid in the 50's. In the 60's, when I had a little more say in what I wore, my mom started letting me get loafers (I hate shoelaces). But now, I wear cross-trainers most of the time, so I'm back to shoelaces. :roll:

Dana

• FasigwritesFasigwrites Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:

Carefully researched? Maybe kids today do that with their shoelaces, but I'm pretty sure that in the 50's they actually tied their shoes! After all, I was a kid in the 50's. In the 60's, when I had a little more say in what I wore, my mom started letting me get loafers (I hate shoelaces). But now, I wear cross-trainers most of the time, so I'm back to shoelaces. :roll:

Dana

I agree though when the 50's were over I was a whopping 2 but I know I tied my shoes. If not the Sargent Major (aka dad) would not have left me move let alone leave the house.

edited December 1969

Hey folks, the outfit and shoes are pretty clearly inspired by this:

http://foodfamilyfinds.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/1950s-womens-clothes.jpg

And the shoelaces seem to match the pattern.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,060
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Hey folks, the outfit and shoes are pretty clearly inspired by this:

http://foodfamilyfinds.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/1950s-womens-clothes.jpg

And the shoelaces seem to match the pattern.

Hard to tell where that is from, and I saw an image that had some of those things in it but not the shoes, so it might be several things photoshopped together.

However, here are some old photos I've found.

Dana

poodle_skirt_and_saddle_shoes.jpg
    954 x 1441 - 274K
    Saddle-shoes_3.jpg
    608 x 512 - 60K
    Saddle-shoes_2.jpg
    502 x 502 - 29K
    Saddle-shoes_1.jpg
    640 x 632 - 70K
  • ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,751
    edited December 1969

Yep, those shoes are definitely tied like in the photos. I should know, I had to wear them in the 1960s as part of our school uniform. Black and white or navy blue and white only. The nuns were really strict about making us keep them clean, polished and properly tied, it was a right pain keeping mud grass stains off the white part while walking to school, even a little scuff mark would get you a lecture, if you were lucky enough not to be sent to the principal's office. Guess I was lucky.

• GhostpantherGhostpanther Posts: 139
    edited December 1969

So, the poodle was a real part of the design ?!?
    I already wondered about it, how somebody would wear that. But for a child it seems okay for me ;-)

• ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,751
    edited December 1969

The poodle skirts were in my mother's teenage days, I'm afraid. I never saw one in real life. But she would have been wearing them up to around age 16 or thereabouts. She also wore those kind of shoes and the bobbysox. Though I remember the socks had a colored stripe at the top and you turned them down to show it off ... at least they did when I got my first pair. That was in the mid to late 60's, though, she may have worn the plain white ones back in '55-'57.