The Complaint Thread - The Final Countdown

Comments

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

This thread has been running for years and ppl know where to come back to. Is up to you guys what you do but until Daz's official policy changes I'll say what I'm allowed to in whatever commons thread I want to, especially this one.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991
    edited December 1969

OK, I realize I have contributed mainly to the goofy in here. If that isn't as welcome as I thought, I am sorry.
    On the Forums I am used to (Rendo) a long thread is one that goes on for more than one page.

If I don't really complain that much, there are reasons for that.
    Real life:
    My mother lived with me for 4 years after my Dad died. The 4th year of that time I took an early retirement because she would cry when I left for work in the morning. Over that last year with her at home, her macular degeneration took the rest of her sight and then senile dementia took almost all the rest of her from me. I had to do something I had repeatedly told her I would never do. I put her in a nursing home.
    When I visit her she sometimes knows who I am, sometimes not, She has become very dysphasic, so most of our conversations are one-sided. She says Mama, Daddy, and God a lot, rarely using them as anything other than substitutes for other words she cannot recall. She does the same thing with words that rhyme with "-ag", such as rag, nag, bag, sag etc.
    If I am there at mealtime, I help feed her with a spoon.
    I long for the brief flashes of memory that she has from time to time. The only truly meaningful conversations we have are when I tell her I love her. She tells me she loves me too. One day not long ago, she said something she had not said in a very long time. She said it often when I was growing up, and it was said in a humorous way but she always meant every word. It was this:
    When I told her, "I love you.Mama" she would say "I love you more."
    Not much huh? But it meant the world to me to hear it again.
    I always cry after every visit.

I have diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and clinical depression (big surprise, there, huh?) and take more medicine in a day than I used to take in a month 10 years ago.

So why don't I complain more?
    Firstly because I'm in a nursing home a lot, where I learned a valuable truth: There is always someone worse off than me.
    And lastly, complaining doesn't make me feel one damn bit better.
    But being goofy does. :cheese:

If you came along with me on this long journey of a post, thank you for your compassion and understanding. I do appreciate it.
    Finally, this post is not to "put anyone in their place". I can definitely relate to all that has been said in here, both heartfelt and lighthearted. And I do hope I have responded in an appropriate way when any of you have voiced real concerns.
    Thanks.
    John

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I'm only going to repeat myself one last time. I complained because I needed to. I'm sorry it was taken as more than a major VENT just So I could Vent. It was not aimed at any user(s). But I will now bow out of this thread and do my needed Venting in private.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    I'm only going to repeat myself one last time. I complained because I needed to. I'm sorry it was taken as more than a major VENT just So I could Vent. It was not aimed at any user(s). But I will now bow out of this thread and do my needed Venting in private.

Please don't, Jade. I've always seen you as the "heart" of this thread. It cannot be the same without you in it.
    edited December 1969

A change in title for (hopefully) a change in tone.

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

Jader, you said nothing wrong, and there is no reason for you to abandon this thread. You KNOW why I had a self-conscious response. I just explained it........... Now you come back here and complain that complaints can get misinterpreted, spiraling in a web of self consciousness and more complaints about the complaint :lol: :snake: , which will make me happy that you returned to complain in the complaint thread :-P

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited November 2012

tjohn said:
    A change in title for (hopefully) a change in tone.

I like it. It is always up to the one with first post to choose the thread title if the one assigned is not to their taste.

And Jade, I agree with what others are saying, Do come back and complain here.

Edited to add a complaint. A month ago I tracked down and purchased a copy of Poser 8, becuse this new PC wouldn't run Poser 6.

Now SM are offering Poser 9 for less money than I paid for Poser 8, and what is more it seems every other thread I check is mentioning it, so I can't pretend I didn't see the offer.

Grrrh, I can't afford another version. The only advantage I have with the P8 I bought is that it is a DVD, in a nice SM case with manual and all the other bumph SM put in their physical products.
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I thank all of you for the understanding. Many of you know my whole life because I see no reason to hide it from others. Some of you are new friends and have not had the pleasure of my long winded posts about myself. I know that some go BULL CRAP and others go Darn. That does not bother me.

The fact I lost it 100% and then kept on throwing fuel on the fire does bother me. The Fact I vented on a topic other than what was really bothering me also makes me pause. I feel I have stepped over the line even when others tell me I have not. I must take a hard look at what I did and said. I have caused myself pain and I still believe others as well.

The Forums have become my way to escape my real life. When I use it to blindly lash out at what I see as freedom it is time for me take a step back and try to understand why. I'm not leaving DS, I'm not going to stop reading threads, not even this one. I'm just very sure I need time, and others here as well, for me to think hard and hopefully let this be a one time thing.

I am sorry. I do apologize. I still think a bit of reflection is needed. So I plan to let others heal as I try to heal myself and to be less involved on the Site for a while. I hope you understand.

Jeff.

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    NONE COMPLAINT: Nice to see Wooly back and posting. Nuff said.

:red: :red: :red:

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii! :coolsmile: Nice to see you too!

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited November 2012

Complaint:

The back of the head texture being on the torso texture is a pain with both Generation 5 and 4. Its degraded due to size constraints, there are two sides of seams! I hope that when daz decides to make Generation 6 that they consider making the back of the head on the Face texture!!

Post edited by SpyroRue on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,666
    edited December 1969

and another troll wanders in, poor Cho :long: these kids are a worry

cho060.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 362K
  • WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Sigh.. RDNA wishlist finally empty after 3 months! :roll: :bug: And they said it would never happen!

Still 4 items in the Daz wishlist (2 squirrels, a V4 dress, and a jellyfish). :smirk:

Up to 10 items in my Rendo wishlist, lots of steampunk stuff and some clothes, weapons that sort of thing. :roll:

Next Payday I'll clear the Daz list, then it'll be 2 more Paydays to clear the Rendo list.

Then I guess.. another external HD! This time at least a terabyte! :ahhh: 5 years ago I would have laughed my tail off if someone told me I'd need a bloody terabyte of storage. :-S

Complaints: foot aches oddly, which apparently is typical, but it's.. odd feeling. Non-complaint: no more physical therapy until the amputation wound heals, whoooo-peeeeee! Darn I was tired of all the tests!!! :snake:

Minor annoyance: Musicians Friend sending me "stuff on sale" emails when the stuff on sale is a pile of $3000 guitars! Cripes I can't afford a $800 guitar!!! Gaahhhhh! :ahhh:

edited December 1969

Is that Li'l Jade in the background? Love it!
    edited December 1969

yep, frame from a video from another thread were I babified a few participants.
    (inc me)

edited December 1969

Say hello to my new avatar. That's really me in my 1st Grade school picture (taken a few years ago). I just found this pic on my HD again recently. Now I know why this smiley :) seemed so familiar.
    I am wearing a cowboy shirt (Yippie-Ki-YAY!, %#^*$!! ), and have posted it as my Photo if you'd like to see it larger.

edited December 1969

Morning. Cool under a shiny grey sky in this bit of the Great Southern Land just after dawn. Misty still MIA? Must be an awful time in NYC right now * worries*

edited December 1969

Sometimes I post random stuff just to show I am still alive.

I am so tired. I did not get enough sleep. I have a bottle that has been flavored with strawberry and has caffeine. I do not want to try to go back to sleep now Breakfast is in 19 minutes. I want to get dressed right now. I need to get to work early so I have time to eat and get myself a large cup of coffee.

Me too :)

edited December 1969

Sigh.. RDNA wishlist finally empty after 3 months! :roll: :bug: And they said it would never happen!

Still 4 items in the Daz wishlist (2 squirrels, a V4 dress, and a jellyfish). :smirk:

Up to 10 items in my Rendo wishlist, lots of steampunk stuff and some clothes, weapons that sort of thing. :roll:

Next Payday I'll clear the Daz list, then it'll be 2 more Paydays to clear the Rendo list.

Then I guess.. another external HD! This time at least a terabyte! :ahhh: 5 years ago I would have laughed my tail off if someone told me I'd need a bloody terabyte of storage. :-S

Complaints: foot aches oddly, which apparently is typical, but it's.. odd feeling. Non-complaint: no more physical therapy until the amputation wound heals, whoooo-peeeeee! Darn I was tired of all the tests!!! :snake:

Minor annoyance: Musicians Friend sending me "stuff on sale" emails when the stuff on sale is a pile of $3000 guitars! Cripes I can't afford a $800 guitar!!! Gaahhhhh! :ahhh:

Must be some fancy guitar for 3K, does it play itself? :)

edited December 1969

Did you sort out the Mimic config files or s a tute needed?

edited December 1969

no, I cannot make my own Mimic files, fortunately have most figures, just some like the Lorez Arab for example I don't have dmc's for and cannot figure out how to do them inspite of reading all the tutes, I keep missing Something, may click one day! %-P

edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    OK, I realize I have contributed mainly to the goofy in here. If that isn't as welcome as I thought, I am sorry.
    On the Forums I am used to (Rendo) a long thread is one that goes on for more than one page.

If I don't really complain that much, there are reasons for that.
    Real life:
    My mother lived with me for 4 years after my Dad died. The 4th year of that time I took an early retirement because she would cry when I left for work in the morning. Over that last year with her at home, her macular degeneration took the rest of her sight and then senile dementia took almost all the rest of her from me. I had to do something I had repeatedly told her I would never do. I put her in a nursing home.
    When I visit her she sometimes knows who I am, sometimes not, She has become very dysphasic, so most of our conversations are one-sided. She says Mama, Daddy, and God a lot, rarely using them as anything other than substitutes for other words she cannot recall. She does the same thing with words that rhyme with "-ag", such as rag, nag, bag, sag etc.
    If I am there at mealtime, I help feed her with a spoon.
    I long for the brief flashes of memory that she has from time to time. The only truly meaningful conversations we have are when I tell her I love her. She tells me she loves me too. One day not long ago, she said something she had not said in a very long time. She said it often when I was growing up, and it was said in a humorous way but she always meant every word. It was this:
    When I told her, "I love you.Mama" she would say "I love you more."
    Not much huh? But it meant the world to me to hear it again.
    I always cry after every visit.

I have diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and clinical depression (big surprise, there, huh?) and take more medicine in a day than I used to take in a month 10 years ago.

So why don't I complain more?
    Firstly because I'm in a nursing home a lot, where I learned a valuable truth: There is always someone worse off than me.
    And lastly, complaining doesn't make me feel one damn bit better.
    But being goofy does. :cheese:

If you came along with me on this long journey of a post, thank you for your compassion and understanding. I do appreciate it.
    Finally, this post is not to "put anyone in their place". I can definitely relate to all that has been said in here, both heartfelt and lighthearted. And I do hope I have responded in an appropriate way when any of you have voiced real concerns.
    Thanks.
    John

Thank you for saying that. I'm a line producer with an Indii production house making TVC's mostly this year, about to switch jobs to a management role at one of the new digital TV stations here for six months next year. Dont usually spit the dummy but Im concerned that ppl who regularly post to this thread and have kept t going for years aren't getting a fair go any more and Im satisfied that now they will :)

edited December 1969

no, I cannot make my own Mimic files, fortunately have most figures, just some like the Lorez Arab for example I don't have dmc's for and cannot figure out how to do them inspite of reading all the tutes, I keep missing Something, may click one day! %-P

OK I got to go out for a while but I'll put something together later today :)

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited December 1969

I would have logged in earlier in the week but my internet connection was acting up. I saw the sun come out. The past couple of days it was cloudy.

• JasmineSkunkJasmineSkunk Posts: 1,862
    edited December 1969

hey.....I almost didn't come in here now that I see it's supposed to be 50% less goofy!!! lol :lol:

Hi, Everybody!!! :) :) :) *waves*

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

hey.....I almost didn't come in here now that I see it's supposed to be 50% less goofy!!! lol :lol:

But you didn't have a complaint
  • AmaltheaAmalthea Posts: 224
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

*chuckle*

I wonder how many people have poked in here over the years and asked "Why is it called The Complaint Thread" when there arn't any complaints?" I'll bet Richard H. knows the answer as he's had to come in many times and quiet down a philosophical discussion that got as serious as a religious or political one. In fact on one occasion he wondered it such discussions shouldn't be banned under the TOS because of this thread.
    Goofieness and being off topic in any kind of direction is NORMAL here! LOL

• FyredrygyonFyredrygyon Posts: 763
    edited December 1969

So, I'm ste.... er, borrowing Fiance's external drive to back up my content folder before updating to 4.5. I bought the Hiro bundle before realizing half the stuff I wanted to play with needed me to update. We're not getting new PC's until around Christmas time (our gift to each other) and I'm impatient to play.

But that now means I'm trying to transfer 85gigs (at least - may be closer to 90 at this point). So this is going to take forever.

In other news, I've dropped 19.8 pounds since the third week of August and have dropped two pants sizes. Fiance has lost about 22 pounds but getting him to go to the store to learn what his pant size is, is like pulling teeth. Stubborn man.

• FyredrygyonFyredrygyon Posts: 763
    edited December 1969

Oh, I did have a question. In the Dragon Rage images, there are these cute little Asian dragons in some of the pictures. Does anyone have any idea where they came from? They don't look like the Eastern Dragon but I could be wrong.

edited December 1969

Big hugs from down under for all you guys, feel my heart soar like a hawk on an updraft :)

edited December 1969

chohole said:

*chuckle*

I wonder how many people have poked in here over the years and asked "Why is it called The Complaint Thread" when there arn't any complaints?" I'll bet Richard H. knows the answer as he's had to come in many times and quiet down a philosophical discussion that got as serious as a religious or political one. In fact on one occasion he wondered it such discussions shouldn't be banned under the TOS because of this thread.
    Goofieness and being off topic in any kind of direction is NORMAL here! LOL

Is true the mods are real patient with us ;)

This discussion has been closed.