The Complaint Thread - The Final Countdown

Comments

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited November 2012

Even with Taozen's awesomesauce tool, this download is gonna take its sweet time to complete. 37 files out of 1616 at the moment, and that's not ALL -- since apparently that's a cut-off point and the rest I need to pick manually (I used "select all" but looks like it hit some sort of file buffer).

Post edited by Skiriki on
  • WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    *waves* Oh yes please moar tracks please please was listening to I think it is called Cowbell Hell - the one with the cowbell - at the beach before - likes very much. After your cold goes away :) My complaint is it is way past my bedtime and Monday morning work is looming, haz big tired nao *kerplop* ouch! ;)

Heh, sure! I'm building up a home recording studio - I currently have my keyboard/synths, DAW (digital audio worktation), guitar and effects, and a bass that needs some work (but the tools arrive next week). I'm almost done with it! Wheeeeee!

Ugh Mondays.. yeah.. 5:30AM alarm! Blechhhhhh Mondays!!! :snake:

Back to installing content and drinking decaf/ For some odd reason I have a crazy urge for fried chicken? What the heck?1?! :ahhh:

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Even with Taozen's awesomesauce tool, this download is gonna take its sweet time to complete. 37 files out of 1616 at the moment, and that's not ALL -- since apparently that's a cut-off point and the rest I need to pick manually (I used "select all" but looks like it hit some sort of file buffer).

dddddddddddaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggggg! :-S :bug: :ahhh:

That's a load of files for sure!!!! Good luck with 'em all!!!

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 95,997
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    ps1borg said:
    Oh noes. Was it an accidental death or premeditated SNAFU? Screwing up stuff you thought about causes far greater percussion for me., around 8.2 on the open-ended headbainging index at least. On the upside you get updated versions of everything :)

Well, I THOUGHT I had selected the right directory I want to delete, but apparently my desktop decided otherwise, no matter how the directory was highlighted...

Meh, I can download stuff, no bigs. Just put the download tool to do it after I've reset everything. :P

Reminds me of the time I wanted to clear out the temp folder. Selected everything, hit shift-delete. I was puzzled that it asked if I was sure in a slightly different way, but told it I was; it was only when it popped up another query about a read-only file that i realised I'd been in C:\, not C:\Temp. Fortunately I didn't lose much that I didn't have backed up, and didn't have to reinstall Windows or my applications.

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Morning. Humid under a luminous marbly blue and grey overcast sky here this so-far fine Monday am, not so much activity in the streets I guess many will be taking today off because tomorrow is a holiday for a big horse race, the Melbourne Cup. Feels kind of tropical stormy-ish, damp and a little electric :)

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    *waves* Oh yes please moar tracks please please was listening to I think it is called Cowbell Hell - the one with the cowbell - at the beach before - likes very much. After your cold goes away :) My complaint is it is way past my bedtime and Monday morning work is looming, haz big tired nao *kerplop* ouch! ;)

Heh, sure! I'm building up a home recording studio - I currently have my keyboard/synths, DAW (digital audio worktation), guitar and effects, and a bass that needs some work (but the tools arrive next week). I'm almost done with it! Wheeeeee!

Ugh Mondays.. yeah.. 5:30AM alarm! Blechhhhhh Mondays!!! :snake:

Back to installing content and drinking decaf/ For some odd reason I have a crazy urge for fried chicken? What the heck?1?! :ahhh:

Was a little tough rolling out of the cot before, but Monday is OK so far. I'll let you know how I all turns out :)

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Skiriki at least you will know that everything is up to date! With all the updates we got with genesis. I still got items saying I have duplicate I'd s. I dot know how to stop that pointless error. Everything runs fine. Thou I did notice aged for v4 and m4 is all corrupt v4 displacement n textures install but nothing else.

I also need to re convert all my genx morphs since it has been updated and apparently converts morphs more efficiently. I just too scared cos many of my saved characters use vital morphs From my existing genx morphs! I terrified my characters will go all bad if I do

At cho - I am very paranoid about that aswell. I have it all on my external my PC and also saved on an old PC aswell lol!

Spyro:
    Check out the 4th post in this thread: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/293/
    edited December 1969

dddddddddddaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggggg! :-S :bug: :ahhh:

That's a load of files for sure!!!! Good luck with 'em all!!!

The actual number of files I need to redownload is 3,536, from 729 products.

I had no idea that I had been, um, taking the advantage of sales that thoroughly...

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

That is quite an impressive total Skiriki, considering how long you have been a member.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    That is quite an impressive total Skiriki, considering how long you have been a member.

Bundles. The secret is bundles. Whooboy. Just happy that I don't need to reinstall that mess.

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    chohole said:

Bundles. The secret is bundles. Whooboy. Just happy that I don't need to reinstall that mess.

I've rebuilt my runtime from scratch 5 times (this is #5). Each time I learn something new.. better content management, beter layout, but mostly new curse words in languages I never thought I knew. :ahhh: :grrr:

My Daz content install folder: 47GB, 2759 files. RDNA, 2.12GB, 1115 files. Rendo, 12.5GB, 629 files.

HOLY CARP!!!! :bug: :ahhh: :-S

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Morning. Humid under a luminous marbly blue and grey overcast sky here this so-far fine Monday am, not so much activity in the streets I guess many will be taking today off because tomorrow is a holiday for a big horse race, the Melbourne Cup. Feels kind of tropical stormy-ish, damp and a little electric :)

Good morning, and I hope it's a good day for you! :)

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,586
    edited December 1969

I just bought some PC hair for Genesis and a PC pj outfit for Genesis. I saw that there was a set of three hairs for the price of two still on sale so I got it for Genesis.

Too bad that S5 pro bundle is not on sale.

edited December 1969

Keep things legal. Print out, fill out and place in wallet.
    If not from USA, mark through and write in name of your country.

complain.gif
    400 x 300 - 14K
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,586
    edited December 1969

I did two orders today. Tomorrow I will get the H5 pro bundle!

edited December 1969

Please smile.

cartoons_complain_2.jpg
    345 x 400 - 32K
    edited December 1969

In time honoured fashion
    I'm sitting here bashin
    The keys on my cellphone at lunchtime today
    Am waiting, anticipating, phonetically syncopating
    For dead fish on a tray to munch on. Hooray!

Dead fish on a tray
    Dead fish on a tray
    There's nothing more tasty
    To eat when you're hasty
    Dead fish on a tray
    For munching today

:)

edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    Please smile.

Hehe I'll join the grateful line for that :)

edited December 1969

I did two orders today. Tomorrow I will get the H5 pro bundle!

You haz clicks :)

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

Good morning, and I hope it's a good day for you! :)

Not too shabby so far TY :) Tho it looks like we're in for a tropical storm any time now, the air outside feels charged, the sky haz big dark bits creeping overhead

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    In time honoured fashion
    I'm sitting here bashin
    The keys on my cellphone at lunchtime today
    Am waiting, anticipating, phonetically syncopating
    For dead fish on a tray to munch on. Hooray!

Dead fish on a tray
    Dead fish on a tray
    There's nothing more tasty
    To eat when you're hasty
    Dead fish on a tray
    For munching today

:)

Excellent!!!! :coolsmile:

edited December 1969

Ha! All RDNA content installed, took working on it off and o all day but it's done!

Next week it's Renderosity. That's going to be a lot of work!!

I've rendered a few Cookie pics in PPro and on this machine it's dang fast, no complaints at all. We'll see how it loads up when I add environments and buildings and a more poly-heavy V4! "vampire:

But for now.. bedtime! :)

edited December 1969

Sleep: not ****ing happening.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Sleep: not ****ing happening.
    I feel you Ski. The new Med's have messed up my sleep big time. The Bi-yearly clock change Saturday night (U.S.A.) did not help a bit either.
    edited December 1969

How's this?

6:59 am. Brain: I'm gonna fall asleep now!
    7:00 am. ALARM! WAKE UP!

****ing scumbag brain.

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    How's this?

6:59 am. Brain: I'm gonna fall asleep now!
    7:00 am. ALARM! WAKE UP!

****ing scumbag brain.

That sounds like me.

edited December 1969

Welp. Now I have to head out to the bus stop and just grin and bear it for the next 30 days.

*swears in a language mostly uncomprehensible to lots of people, but it is clear that she's cussing up a storm*

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,501
    edited November 2012

...meh, weekend over.

Back into perdition's flames in eleven hours.

Why can't the comet just hit the earth now and get over with it?

...nah wouldn't work, even an ELE isn't enough of a reason to not go in where I work.

...see y'all on the other side I guess.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...meh, weekend over.

Back into perdition's flames in eleven hours.

Why can't the comet just hit the earth now and get over with it?

...nah wouldn't work, even an ELE isn't enough of a reason to not go in where I work.

...see y'all on the other side I guess.

Weirdness I know but is a holiday tomorrow Tuesday because a big horse race on at one of the local race tracks. There are three local horse racing tracks, and a lot more just out of town. This particular one is just the other side of the Maribyrnong river not far way across town so nobody around here can get any work done while they are racing anyway. Today all the horses paraded through the city centre. Has been traffic chaos all day is if we suddenly fell through a wormhole into the 19th century temporarily :)

edited December 1969

Ha! All RDNA content installed, took working on it off and o all day but it's done!

Next week it's Renderosity. That's going to be a lot of work!!

I've rendered a few Cookie pics in PPro and on this machine it's dang fast, no complaints at all. We'll see how it loads up when I add environments and buildings and a more poly-heavy V4! "vampire:

But for now.. bedtime! :)

*tucks the loachy one in* :)

This discussion has been closed.