Llola Lane's Song/Music/Story/Poem Inspired Render Thread... Join me if you wish!!!

Comments

• deeleelaw57deeleelaw57 Posts: 1,478
    edited October 2016

Rendered for the August 24, 2016 PC Inspiration Contest

White Rabbit
    written by Grace Slick

recorded by Jefferson Airplane
    for their 1967 Surrealistic Pillow Album

One pill makes you larger
    And one pill makes you small
    And the ones that mother gives you
    Don't do anything at all
    Go ask Alice
    When she's ten feet tall

Which One.jpg
    889 x 800 - 154K
    Post edited by deeleelaw57 on
    edited August 2016

sorry double post

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,006

HI Dee... so funny ... I saw your post in the weekly PC contest and thought of White Rabbit song.. I'm soooo glad you added it here... Wonderful artwork :)
      Thanks for sharing!

edited October 2016

Feeling old and blue I was overcome with acute nostalgia for my younger days.

Render for July Freebie Challenge 2010
    How Much is that Doggie in the Window
    Patti Page 1952

06 How Much is that Doggie in the Window.jpg
    956 x 768 - 253K

Feeling old and blue I was overcome with acute nostalgia for my younger days.

Render for July Freebie Challenge 2010
    How Much is that Doggie in the Window
    Patti Page 1952

or.... by Doris Day...my favorite rendition... Awesome render.. Thanks for sharing :)

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,780

This fits in here as well, the thread was about to be buried, so

Here is a follow up scene from my render  "Outsider" (http://linwelly.deviantart.com/art/Outsider-636843874) I put the dA link here as galleries here seem still wonky, made for my husbands birthday.

this one is called Wasteland

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/0c/de33125647265a1753c9e685de32a8.jpg

This image has been resized to fit in the page. Click to enlarge.

and was inspired by the song "though the barricades" by Spandau Ballet

Oh thanks for sharing Linwelly.... I looooooooove songs like this... I vaguely remember it.  The art is perfect!  Thanks for sharing :)

Hi Gang.. not sure if anyone is still watching this thread... I'm still about... but... November is National Novel Writers Month (NaNoWriMo) and I've signed up to write a novel in a month!  whew... Feel free to keep adding your music/song/story artwork here.. I'll check in now and then... Be well.. Hugzzzzzzz

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,024

Sending you positive vibes for the novel.  Wonderful news.  I still watch for updates to this thread.  Enjoy seeing what folks are doing, and listening to the music when it is linked.

Thanks for the vibes Diomede.. and I agree totally.. Feel free to add more pieces of your art too... There's no limit!  :)

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,780

Wow you're ambitious going for Nanowrimo. I've been thinking about inktober for a while noe but meh never enough time or ideas for that. Maybe we should call out the IrayMay or renderseptember...

Linwelly said:

Wow you're ambitious going for Nanowrimo. I've been thinking about inktober for a while noe but meh never enough time or ideas for that. Maybe we should call out the IrayMay or renderseptember...

Got my fingers crossed... hope I can make it... I have my folder with ideas and the chapters so I know how the story is going to go... Let's just hope I can make the words as exciting as it is in my mind... (winks)

Not sure what IrayMay or renderseptember is... Don't work with Iray... but I'd be happy to the renderseptember with ya.. whatEver that is.. lol

Hugzzzzzzzz all around!

• XaatXuunXaatXuun Posts: 871
    edited November 2016

I was thinking of something for the Llola render a month Challenge and happen to be listening to Bliss - Wish You Were Here

and came up with this

Post edited by XaatXuun on
  • I rendered this one back in September (I hope its PG enough). I was inspired by 'The Planets' by Gustav Holst.

The Anguish of Soranus and the Death of Ariadne.jpg
    1024 x 819 - 905K
    XaatXuun said:

I was thinking of something for the Llola render a month Challenge and happen to be listening to Bliss - Wish You Were Here

and came up with this

Such a lovely render Xaat... it matches the mood of the music perfectly.. thanks for sharing :)

I rendered this one back in September (I hope its PG enough). I was inspired by 'The Planets' by Gustav Holst.

Looks fine to me AnotherUserName    I love classical music so this is a win win for me ... and goes perfect with the Halloween season.  Thanks for sharing!

edited January 2017

I sat on this since early December not sure if it would be appropriate to post here. After scrutinizing from every angle at max zoom I decided it did not violate the TOS and could be considered PG or PG 13 if a slight breeze comes along or TV-MA on a strong windy day. Please do not open any doors or windows. --  Any way I am hoping it is OK and you enjoy.

Lady Godiva - Peter & Gordon - YouTube Released 1966

Herb Alpert & The Tijuana Brass - Lady Godiva - YouTube Released 1967

Lady G.jpg
    1170 x 878 - 318K
    edited January 2017

Works for me Dee... two great song renditions... Love them both.  And your artwork is perfect :)  Thanks for sharing.

Post edited by Llola Lane on
    edited January 2017

I got this song stuck in head doing a render for the PC Inspiration contest

Fly me to the moon
    Original Title: In Other Words
    Written in 1954 by Bart Howard - First recordered by Kaye Ballard 1954

Kaye Ballard -

Frank Sinatra -

Tony Bennett -

Diana Krull - ( my favorite artist )

or search you tube for many many more artist,

Also thank you for the Double Exposure Camera, I picked it up yesterday, It is fun easy to use and getting the lighting correct can drive one completely mad.

Fly Me to the Moon.jpg
    1067 x 800 - 350K
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited January 2017

snow............

Post edited by bigh on
    edited January 2017

The Song of the Butterfly

000 0 125.jpg
    640 x 480 - 132K
    Post edited by bigh on

Nice bigh, Black Sabbath with Ozzy Osbourne brings back memories of when I was much, much, much, much younger.

The Song of the Butterfly is also quite unique and different. Kind of a little like New Age. 

Nice bigh, Black Sabbath with Ozzy Osbourne brings back memories of when I was much, much, much, much younger.

The Song of the Butterfly is also quite unique and different. Kind of a little like New Age. 

thank you !

midnight blues

000 0 126.jpg
    1028 x 1028 - 141K
    edited January 2017
    bigh said:

midnight blues

I like many genres of music and as I grow older Contemporary Jazz, and Blues have taken the top spots. Snowy White brings a smile and a tear.

I like your art. The young lady looks a little blue and a little perplexed. Maybe cause she can't find matching shoes. Or is that a fashion statement.

But it is all good as I am sure she has a mirrored pair in the closet.  :)

thank you for the nice comment smiley

Dancin

000 0 127.jpg
    1028 x 1028 - 161K
    edited January 2017

Shadows - Lindsey Stirling

Shadows.jpg
    900 x 675 - 147K

I got this song stuck in head doing a render for the PC Inspiration contest

Fly me to the moon
    Original Title: In Other Words
    Written in 1954 by Bart Howard - First recordered by Kaye Ballard 1954

or search you tube for many many more artist,

Also thank you for the Double Exposure Camera, I picked it up yesterday, It is fun easy to use and getting the lighting correct can drive one completely mad.

Glad you like the camera deeleelaw57    ... I love this song... now I'll have it stuck in my head for days!  LOL.... Thanks for sharing... Love the render... ahh... such a romantic time it was back then!

Bigh... all wonderful works of art you gave us... and so different.  WOW... you have ecletic taste like me.  I love the butterfly song... FYI.. I find myself listening to blues more these days too.  Must be an old thing!  LOL  Thanks for sharing!