Announcing: Daz Deals Browser Add-on

Comments

• lx_2807502lx_2807502 Posts: 2,996

Oh, yeah, that'd be good - most other sites I shop on do give notifications for that. The only tricky thing from a non Daz viewpoint I imagine would be checking if any existing discounts were already in place and only notifying on new ones (like DOs are always 30% off etc.)

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,270

I really love your add-on! It's a huge help to me! Is there a way to do searches by highest percentage off? 

• sandmanmaxsandmanmax Posts: 992

Well, forcing FireFox to install it was painful.  But it seems to work (v47.0.1 with the override). Do these work on Android tablets or is this just a pc thing? I spend as much time surfing DAZ on mobile devices as I do on my desktop.

• AtiAti Posts: 9,078

I just wish I could get notifications when my wishlist items go on sale. 

Actually, I DO have that, but Morgan has something similar already, so I took it off. But I guess since I already send notifications for new sales and new fastgrabs, it would make sense to include the wishlist sales as well. I'll polish it a little, and make it available for a few chosen people to test. Send me a private message, if interested.

• Do these work on Android tablets or is this just a pc thing? I spend as much time surfing DAZ on mobile devices as I do on my desktop.

It works fine for me in Firefox 48.0 for Android. But in about:config the setting of xpinstall.signatures.required have to be changed to false.
    On my PC i switched back to Firefox ESR 45.3.0.

Thanks a lot for that add-on.

lx said:

Oh, yeah, that'd be good - most other sites I shop on do give notifications for that. The only tricky thing from a non Daz viewpoint I imagine would be checking if any existing discounts were already in place and only notifying on new ones (like DOs are always 30% off etc.)

I think Rendo's notices seem to be triggered by the discount getting turned on. And yes, I get do 

Ati said:

I just wish I could get notifications when my wishlist items go on sale. 

Actually, I DO have that, but Morgan has something similar already, so I took it off. But I guess since I already send notifications for new sales and new fastgrabs, it would make sense to include the wishlist sales as well. I'll polish it a little, and make it available for a few chosen people to test. Send me a private message, if interested.

What is it that you have? I think I missed that part.

I had another idea. Not sure if it's possible, but I'd love to have an Add to Wishlist button for each item right there on the main shopping page next the Add to Cart button.

Do these work on Android tablets or is this just a pc thing? I spend as much time surfing DAZ on mobile devices as I do on my desktop.

It works fine for me in Firefox 48.0 for Android. But in about:config the setting of xpinstall.signatures.required have to be changed to false.
    On my PC i switched back to Firefox ESR 45.3.0.

Thanks a lot for that add-on

Hmmmmmm....May have to upgrade. I'm on 46.0.1 and it installed but isn't doing anything. I closed Firefox and restarted after installing and Tools/Add-ons shows that is active.

What is it that you have? I think I missed that part.

Email notifier for wishlist items going on sale. I've been using it for a while, I need to put a more robust database under it to be used by several people, but it should be ready in a couple of hours.

• Overdrawn said:

The moment you've all (well...ok...a lot of you...) have been waiting for! The Chrome add-on is out!
    Chrome: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/daz-deals/nagnffdgedlcmlibjhmalgcaekfgiehc

Also, the Firefox verison has been updated to match:
    Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/daz-deals/

They both now include links to "Read Me" to the right of the SKU on product pages.

Checkout the updated top-post for more info (and better explination about the "Product Library" link. Tnx @Petercat!):
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/106296/announcing-daz-deals-browser-add-on/p1

Any chance there will be an opera version sometime? angel

• OverdrawnOverdrawn Posts: 561

@divamakup if you can believe it sorting by percentage discount was the *first* thing I attempted to build. :-P Sadly, it's "non-trival" (real...hard ;) ). It may still be possible, but it'll likely be slow depending on the number of products available in the current product list. I'll probably start with doing that on the Wishlist first, and see how it goes. Oh, and actually, @Ati's got a script that does something pretty similar: http://www.civilizationhunt.com/ds/ It lets you hide everything (on a single page) that is greater than a certain discount percentage off.

@sandman_max the wishlist button's on my list and in the meantime you ucan use @Ati's version of that i you want (see the link above). It gets a little crowded once you add it, though...so pondering how best to do that for the long term. Would be handy though! ^_^

@Chanteur-de-Vent I've submitted it to their system and it's in review by their editors!! However, there's no way around the wait (unlike with Firefox). Once it's up I'll let everyone know. :)

Also, a huge thanks to @AndyBerlin for being brave enough to install it on Android! That will be *much* easier once Moz finishes their review... :-P

Cheers!

I think I'm all set with the wishlist notification. All I need to do is create a how-to page for the first few lucky people. That shouldn't take more than an hour. So anyone who is interested, send me a private message here on the forums. For now I'm only looking for 5, max 10 people with a high tolerance for pain possible errors to see if it really does what it's supposed to.

For now you will have to install one of my scripts to use it, later we'll see how we can put it in the Addon.

Did some research this morning and Microsoft Edge *may* be a possibility for Windows 10 Anniversary Edition users...so probably a pretty narrow subset of folks at this point. :-/ It's also a bit cost prohibitive at the moment ($19 - $99 depending on the account type...). Pondering it for other reasons, but can't promise it'll happen anytime soon. Just FYI. Research will continue, however. ^_^

• Overdrawn said:

Did some research this morning and Microsoft Edge *may* be a possibility for Windows 10 Anniversary Edition users...so probably a pretty narrow subset of folks at this point. :-/ It's also a bit cost prohibitive at the moment ($19 - $99 depending on the account type...). Pondering it for other reasons, but can't promise it'll happen anytime soon. Just FYI. Research will continue, however. ^_^

Hmm. Hopefully an Internet Explorer 11 version won't require that.

@thistledownsname sadly I think IE11 (and friends) are out. :-/ It's a terribly unique and outdated system that's specific to IE which Microsoft is leaving behind in favor of Edge. If I were able to create a standalone application for browsing the store plus these additions, would that be a possibility for you? That would honestly be easier. :-P
  • Overdrawn said:
    @thistledownsname sadly I think IE11 (and friends) are out. :-/ It's a terribly unique and outdated system that's specific to IE which Microsoft is leaving behind in favor of Edge. If I were able to create a standalone application for browsing the store plus these additions, would that be a possibility for you? That would honestly be easier. :-P

Wow.  No, I can use my laptop to shop instead, and everythings working fine under firefox on it.  Just less convienient.  But thanks for the offer and the add-ons you've made already.

• As an Edge user, I'd be very excited to see this... and I'd recommend against investing time or money on IE... it is a dead end product for Microsoft.

​But you know, it isn't breaking my back to just load up Firefox or Chrome with your extension, in the meantime. :) Thanks for the work, whatever you decide on future support for Microsoft browsers. It is awesome what you've done so far.

• Microsoft really needs Dev support for all of their platforms. They should be encouraging people to code for Edge and not Firefox and Chrome. I can't believe is is that expensive for you to publish an add-on for Edge. It is really silly of them to alienate developers as precocious as their position is these days.

People use MS browsers? o.o I did have a quick look at Edge when I installed 10 but immediately got turned off compared to how friendly and intuitive Chrome is, and how customisable Firefox is.

@donovancolbert I think the issue is that the Microsoft Dev account covers their store in general--including Windows desktop apps and the like. It does delay/prevent one-off extension publishing, but once you're in you're in. :)
  • Chrome and Firefox both developed a lot of memory leaks over the last few years. I've used both extensively, Firefox first, then Chrome... but slowly I've been returning to first IE and then Edge. In many cases, they're the more reliable, more stable and more secure browsers these days.

​The deadly thing in technology is to assume that because someone was the leader, or fell from the lead, that they're still playing catch-up and not actually already ahead of the competition.

​I have no brand loyalty. Linux, OS X, Windows, iOS, Android... DAZ, Poser... PSP, Photoshop, GIMP...

​Whatever is currently the strongest solution will be my favorite tool to do whatever it is I need to get done.

• SF-DesignSF-Design Posts: 985

wow thats nice ! Thank you smiley

• Stryder87Stryder87 Posts: 899
    lx said:

People use MS browsers? o.o I did have a quick look at Edge when I installed 10 but immediately got turned off compared to how friendly and intuitive Chrome is, and how customisable Firefox is.

laugh

Google-Chrome-vs-Microsoft-Edge.jpg
    600 x 222 - 33K

Chrome and Firefox both developed a lot of memory leaks over the last few years. I've used both extensively, Firefox first, then Chrome... but slowly I've been returning to first IE and then Edge. In many cases, they're the more reliable, more stable and more secure browsers these days.

​The deadly thing in technology is to assume that because someone was the leader, or fell from the lead, that they're still playing catch-up and not actually already ahead of the competition.

​I have no brand loyalty. Linux, OS X, Windows, iOS, Android... DAZ, Poser... PSP, Photoshop, GIMP...

​Whatever is currently the strongest solution will be my favorite tool to do whatever it is I need to get done.

I don't know about the usual "this is better than that brand" thing people normally say, but for me, all of those have different strengths that make me choose one over the other:

Browsers:
    I find Chrome the most intuitive and simple and just works the way I want, whereas Firefox is my favourite for comprehensive addons to actually do things.

I don't do server things so Linux type things are out, most people develop software for Windows so that's a simple choice for desktop. Also Windows wins over OSX for me because PC hardware is more customisable and I buy parts not a shiny box.

Mobile:
    iOS if you want a thing that just works and doesn't have many options to fiddle with, Android if you actually want to do technical things. I have iOS because I don't really use my phone for anything ever.

Daz/Poser:
    Well I'm on this website so... Studio is free, runs more advanced figures, and I personally find it more intuitive to use.

Image Editing:
    PSP still exists? GIMP is free and can do almost everything PS can but PS just does it all far more intuitively and neatly (I can't find a better way to describe that but while I hugely respect GIMP I just don't enjoy trying to use it.)

3D:
    Blender foreverrrrr (I actually don't know much about other 3D modellers but Blender has given me no reason to switch.)

I realise this is totally offtopic so sorry~ I guess I just wanted to illustrate there are more reasons to choose one or another thing.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,270
    Overdrawn said:

@divamakup if you can believe it sorting by percentage discount was the *first* thing I attempted to build. :-P Sadly, it's "non-trival" (real...hard ;) ). It may still be possible, but it'll likely be slow depending on the number of products available in the current product list. I'll probably start with doing that on the Wishlist first, and see how it goes. Oh, and actually, @Ati's got a script that does something pretty similar: http://www.civilizationhunt.com/ds/ It lets you hide everything (on a single page) that is greater than a certain discount percentage off.

@sandman_max the wishlist button's on my list and in the meantime you ucan use @Ati's version of that i you want (see the link above). It gets a little crowded once you add it, though...so pondering how best to do that for the long term. Would be handy though! ^_^

@Chanteur-de-Vent I've submitted it to their system and it's in review by their editors!! However, there's no way around the wait (unlike with Firefox). Once it's up I'll let everyone know. :)

Also, a huge thanks to @AndyBerlin for being brave enough to install it on Android! That will be *much* easier once Moz finishes their review... :-P

Cheers!

Thank you, I've tried that but have had trouble getting it to work. Often times I'll enter a percentage value and it refreshes the page but doesn't actually sort anything by that percentage. 

• dracorndracorn Posts: 2,333

Chrome and Firefox both developed a lot of memory leaks over the last few years. I've used both extensively, Firefox first, then Chrome... but slowly I've been returning to first IE and then Edge. In many cases, they're the more reliable, more stable and more secure browsers these days.

I use Edge, too.  At first I used it because it was new and shiny, now I like it.

Overdrawn said:

Cheers!

Thank you, I've tried that but have had trouble getting it to work. Often times I'll enter a percentage value and it refreshes the page but doesn't actually sort anything by that percentage. 

It doesn't sort them, it just hides the ones below that percentage. If you enter 70%, then anything with a discount below 70% will be hidden. But the order of the items will remain the same.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,017
    Ati said:

It doesn't sort them, it just hides the ones below that percentage. If you enter 70%, then anything with a discount below 70% will be hidden. But the order of the items will remain the same.

The problem I have with this, is that I can never get it to scroll to the end of the list of All items. I lose patience first. Is there any trick to get it to scroll to the end with one command?

@barbult that, sadly, is precisely the problem. Even going that programmatically is tricky. Perhaps not impossible, but certainly tricky...and probably slow. But I want it all the same! ;) I'll keep you all posted for sure.
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,017
    Overdrawn said:
    @barbult that, sadly, is precisely the problem. Even going that programmatically is tricky. Perhaps not impossible, but certainly tricky...and probably slow. But I want it all the same! ;) I'll keep you all posted for sure.

Thanks. I look forward to any new features you might add.

This discussion has been closed.